ESPN's Hosts Battle! Jalen Rose vs. Skip Bayless (ft. S. A. Smith) and everybody's heated!(video)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
44 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
73 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #101
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,206 | Props total: 3527 3527
 Nautilus O said:
Lets be real Stephen A was protecting his own plate, plain and simple he eats off of this show and it took a major credibility hit yesterday. When a media member calls out a Vick or McNabb or LeBron the athlete can never respond. If Skip says Donovan has no "clutch gene" and Donavan says "well I think you are a hack writer", Skips gonna say "I have 30 years of experience doing this", Donavan can then argue "I played in the NFL 14 seasons how did I do that without being clutch?". Thats where Skips "athletic" experience becomes relevant and he has none.

Jalen basically pulled Skip's card not only exposing his lie, but also exposing why he has no right to call out ANYBODY regarding accomplishments. Thats why he's mad. To put it in perspective Skip calling out athletes about not winning rings and having no "clutch gene" is like a fat bi*ch calling out a model for not being on the cover of a magazine. You would look at them and say "what the fu*k have you done?". Jalen basically did to Skip what Skip does to guys who come on that show Jay Feely, Ryan Clark and others who he takes cheap shots at about their careers.

Jalen also pulled people like Stephen A's and Skip's card by pointing out that you can't call a guy a scrub at something you don't do yourself and highlighting that there are reporters, journalists and analysts. Which is something that in this new age of media has changed immensely. Skip is a reporter but he talks like he's an analyst. Adrian Wojonowski is a journalist and he acts like he's a reporter. Roy Jones Jr, Troy Aikman, Dan Marino, Charles Barkley are all analysts that act like analyst. Its a reason why networks hire athletes because they have a credible perspective on what is going on in their sport. Troy Aikman has the credibility to question Michael Vick from a technical approach and his commitment to being a better QB, Skip doesn't have that. All he can do is report what he sees or what he's researched. However he's not going to a guy like Troy Aikman and asking "what is Mike Vick doing wrong", he's saying "I THINK Mike Vick does this wrong". Thats what Jalen is saying.

The name calling is another issue, the media in the past never used a personal life to create a "name" for them, it was all about their performance, but when you try to insult a guy for sitting on the bench for 10 years on national tv and print and you haven't done it, you dead wrong.

Took the wrods right outta my mouth with this post fam.. Very well said. Jalen took it to them and was speaking the truth and they couldn't take it.
 6 years ago '04        #102
Barcode 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,145 | Props total: 27 27
 r.burgundy said:
no he didnt.steven was only further proven jalens point.dudes that was scrubs dont got no right to be callin otha guys out
You talking about all of boxden in every aspect.
 6 years ago '08        #103
flix02 2055 heat pts2055
space
space
$10,632 | Props total: 3749 3749
 YoungNade said:

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #104
CASH1 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,785 | Props total: 2400 2400
Jalen Rose was 150% wrong. Morally, I suppose he's right. But when players are paid millions of dollars and on a grand stage in front of the rest of the world, people reserve the right and ability to criticize them however they see fit.

Sorry, but when you make that kind of money and sign all those contracts and paperwork, you understand that everything about you is about to be put under a microscope.

I hate when guys like Jalen Rose think they're the only ones who really get to "understand" the game because he played it. I worked with a former MLB all-star at one point, and one time I referred to the Phillies as "we". Something like "We're gonna win the World Series" or something like that. He got all offended, like did you play for the Phillies? What earns you the right to say "we"?

Athletes like that, don't realize that their ability is not why they're getting paid. They're getting paid because of the fans. The fans are the blood of the sport, without them, the sport dies. The money goes away, the players go away. We, as fans, reserve the right to critique them however we see fit. If we want to bash a guy, it's okay, if we want to say "we" or a.ssociate ourselves with the team we're a fan of, that's cool too.

Jalen Rose's of the world aren't the only privileged few that get to truly understand the game of basketball. Sports are a gift that are to be enjoyed by anyone who invests the time into giving a damn.
 6 years ago '07        #105
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
fu*k skip
 6 years ago '05        #106
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,035 | Props total: 1226 1226
 CASH1 said:
Jalen Rose was 150% wrong. Morally, I suppose he's right. But when players are paid millions of dollars and on a grand stage in front of the rest of the world, people reserve the right and ability to criticize them however they see fit.

Sorry, but when you make that kind of money and sign all those contracts and paperwork, you understand that everything about you is about to be put under a microscope.

I hate when guys like Jalen Rose think they're the only ones who really get to "understand" the game because he played it. I worked with a former MLB all-star at one point, and one time I referred to the Phillies as "we". Something like "We're gonna win the World Series" or something like that. He got all offended, like did you play for the Phillies? What earns you the right to say "we"?

Athletes like that, don't realize that their ability is not why they're getting paid. They're getting paid because of the fans. The fans are the blood of the sport, without them, the sport dies. The money goes away, the players go away. We, as fans, reserve the right to critique them however we see fit. If we want to bash a guy, it's okay, if we want to say "we" or a.ssociate ourselves with the team we're a fan of, that's cool too.

Jalen Rose's of the world aren't the only privileged few that get to truly understand the game of basketball. Sports are a gift that are to be enjoyed by anyone who invests the time into giving a damn.
This wouldnt have been a issue years ago.. players are just getting too sensitive and its more directed at NBA players nhl, mlb, and nfl dont have nearly as much issues as NBA players have with this sh*t, the New NBA age just isnt the same as it used to be. Skip says the same type of sh*t the mlb and nfl players, and most of them laugh it off. But Jalen Rose comes on and cries about it
 6 years ago '10        #107
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,316 | Props total: 1964 1964
skip is a horrible liar...
shots will be fired his way more often now
 6 years ago '11        #108
Chi80sbaby 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$686 | Props total: 2 2
 arthurmack27 said:
only unemployed people or those lacking an interesting life post 22 thousand times on bx

Ouch!
 6 years ago '11        #109
DRAGONFLY JONES 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,050 | Props total: 3203 3203
espn got yall feeding into this athlete vs journalist thing when it wasnt even the situation that started it..like i said in the other thread yesterday.. this is what really happen from the beginning..and skip got what the fu*k he deserved

skip sent out some tweets sayin he was this big basketball star in high school and he was like pistol pete...somebody researched it and found that he was lying and put his stats on the internet..yesterday they was talking about how westbrook wasnt a true point guard..rose defended westbrook..and skip in a smart way asked rose what was his role as a basketball player..so rose flipped it and asked skip what was his role..then he asked skip was his point average 1.4 points in high school and called him water pistol pete jr..and skip got pissed, started stuttering and diverted to another subject

so jalens main argument was you call people out of their name(russel westbrick ,bosh spice,tony romeo,prince lebrick james..kevin garrnot..ect..)..but somebody calls you water pistol pete jr and calls out your high school stats that you were lying about and you get pissed..skip had no way to come back from that so they made it an athlete vs journalist thing instead of a skip dishing out insults but cant take them thing

Last edited by DRAGONFLY JONES; 04-12-2012 at 10:24 AM..
 04-12-2012, 10:24 AM         #110
snoopdoggiz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beantown said:
Only unemployed people who watch this at 11am when they wake up get excited about corny sh*t like this.
Why u in this thread then f*ggit
 6 years ago '08        #111
I_make_beatz 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,481 | Props total: 649 649
 Chief Dee said:
Jalen Rose ethered all of BX, if you read BX you'd be led to believe that every player in the NBA is a scrub outside of Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Rose, Durant, Westbrook, Nowitzki, Carmelo, Rondo, CP3, D-Will, and Dwight Howard. BX has no respect for role players, on this site if you arent a stud you are automatically a.ssumed to be a scrub when there's a level between.
So Much Truth in this post right here. This is a Heavyweight Quote Right here. It also pertains to the Messageboard community in general. *Sidebar* This is also why hip-hop is dead because the internet should be a forum where 2nd-tier independent musicians should get love, but if you aren't on the fringes (supergood or superwack) you get no love or attention period. But 98% of the people commenting on messageboards come from and exist in this middle-tier world. It's like some Fantasy World that they have created and get satisfaction by having control over, even though it marginalizes who they themselves are in real life. *sidebar*
 6 years ago '04        #112
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,275 | Props total: 2845 2845
 Chief Dee said:
Jalen Rose ethered all of BX, if you read BX you'd be led to believe that every player in the NBA is a scrub outside of Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Rose, Durant, Westbrook, Nowitzki, Carmelo, Rondo, CP3, D-Will, and Dwight Howard. BX has no respect for role players, on this site if you arent a stud you are automatically a.ssumed to be a scrub when there's a level between.
thats your opinion. I love role players, and people call Darko a scrub but I would love it if he played for the Heat.. hell even Kwame
 6 years ago '05        #113
MadGam325 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,218 | Props total: 2 2
Wow. Never knew Jalen was this sensitive.
 6 years ago '04        #114
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,275 | Props total: 2845 2845
 I_make_beatz said:
So Much Truth in this post right here. This is a Heavyweight Quote Right here. It also pertains to the Messageboard community in general. *Sidebar* This is also why hip-hop is dead because the internet should be a forum where 2nd-tier independent musicians should get love, but if you aren't on the fringes (supergood or superwack) you get no love or attention period. But 98% of the people commenting on messageboards come from and exist in this middle-tier world. It's like some Fantasy World that they have created and get satisfaction by having control over, even though it marginalizes who they themselves are in real life. *sidebar*
its like that because its so many casual fans on the board.. People can appreciate role players when they have a team that they're truly committed to. Some people just love basketball for the dunks and the highlights though.
 6 years ago '11        #116
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 1575 1575
 cold_young_thug said:
SO YALL AINT HEAR HIM CALL HIM "GAYLEN" @ 12:55 Im fu*kin from dis sh*t.
i had to run that back real quick. thought i was hearing sh*t
 6 years ago '11        #117
DRAGONFLY JONES 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,050 | Props total: 3203 3203
:applause: thankyou Walley....thats what this sht was about....skip getting called WATER PISTOL PETE JR and he didnt like it..now if you dont wanna get called WATER PISTOL PETE JR then dont call nobody out of their name
 6 years ago '04        #118
#1nasfan 
space
space
$11,851 | Props total: 5195 5195
 DRAGONFLY JONES said:
:applause: thankyou Walley....thats what this sht was about....skip getting called WATER PISTOL PETE JR and he didnt like it..now if you dont wanna get called WATER PISTOL PETE JR then dont call nobody out of their name
He tried to act like it didn't hurt his feelings, but he was visibly hurt two days ago, they spent damn near an hour and half yesterday talking about it, and here we are, they're still talking about it, but it didn't affect him though........ yeah right.
 6 years ago '07        #119
nxtbigceleb 
space
space
space
$24 | Props total: 0 0
 I_make_beatz said:
Now that statement is a mouthful. Very true. The internet is the ultimate fantasy world for people. Facebook, and sites like it, are opportunities to remake your life for the public. That is exactly what Skip was trying to do with his tweet about his HS basketball experience. Jalen called him on it. I knew it was a matter of time before someone would. I just read the post on bx about his stats the day before this First Take beef. I guess Jalen read the same post. I loved Jalen for doing that. Skip, First Take bully, and to a lesser degree, cyber-bullies, hide behind TV and the internet, where there is no immediate retaliation available. Jalen may have been quick with his reaction to Skip asking what position he played, but he came at Skip much the same way Skip comes at athletes. Calculating and cutthroat. Skip has swam with the sharks for years and he got bit. Take the bite and move on. Skip opened the door for criticism when he injected his own basketball prowess. It was subject to review. I see they're still discussing it today on First Take. Marcellus Wiley ended the show with a great line "It aint no fun, when the rabbit got the gun."
 6 years ago '07        #120
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
Skip is that dude because in reality who else would give so many people a platform to where they ould even talk to him like that. We all watch the show because we all love the color it adds to sports.

As much as I agree with Jalen he lost when he came back up their, had he just left on that note he would have been victor. He ended up exposing himself for not doing the research and trying to compare his name calling to Skip's when in reality stories are coming out he was actually a pretty good high school basketball player. I liked the show because they attack everything except the Gloria James-Delonte West story.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
79 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy