Ray Allen: Players Should Be Paid to Take Part in the Olympics

most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
56 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
159 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
129 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #161
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$82,017 | Props total: 11820 11820
im glad i checked out of this convo 3 pgs ago. a lot of people sh*ttinf all over their keyboards and pretending its supposed to make sense
 6 years ago '11        #162
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
 torious said:
im glad i checked out of this convo 3 pgs ago. a lot of people sh*ttinf all over their keyboards and pretending its supposed to make sense
Straight up though
 6 years ago '11        #163
bobby doobie 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,493 | Props total: 250 250
It's their job to play basketball in the nba. They get payed millions to be the best at what they do and for them to pretty much go and play for nothing when they could be doing something else isn't right. The nba is the best basketball league on the planet who cares about a gold medal when your in the nba. Plus they get fined 25k for 1 action that takes 1 second why would you wanna play a tournament for 25k.
 6 years ago '04        #164
M I 
space
space
space
$446 | Props total: 137 137
I don't see a problem with them being paid. I'm pretty sure the people who pick the players get paid. The coach? Does he get paid?

I'm just saying, I love the slavery mentality everyone has. If it should be an "honor" to play for your country for free. It should also be an honor to pick the players that play for your country. It should be an honor to coach the players. It should be an honor just to be involved with the Olympics.

I'm just saying a lot of people get paid off of the Olympics. These athletes work their a.sses off for this and get hardly anything for it unless they get a medal. I'm not saying they should get paid or shouldn't, it's just weird to me how many people are jumping on dude for making a valid point. Most players probably lose money doing the Olympics.
 6 years ago '11        #165
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
 M I said:
I don't see a problem with them being paid. I'm pretty sure the people who pick the players get paid. The coach? Does he get paid?

I'm just saying, I love the slavery mentality everyone has. If it should be an "honor" to play for your country for free. It should also be an honor to pick the players that play for your country. It should be an honor to coach the players. It should be an honor just to be involved with the Olympics.

I'm just saying a lot of people get paid off of the Olympics. These athletes work their a.sses off for this and get hardly anything for it unless they get a medal. I'm not saying they should get paid or shouldn't, it's just weird to me how many people are jumping on dude for making a valid point. Most players probably lose money doing the Olympics.
Their is no honor in sitting at a committee table delegating expenses and setting up plans to pamper the athletes...there is honor in being the face for your country in a sporting event...I don't even see how you can't see the stark differences from each perspective.
 04-11-2012, 06:56 PM         #166
breakingbad 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ray allen is pretty smart. He doesn't have a agent either. Just a lawyer to negotiate all his deals.
 6 years ago '05        #167
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,906 | Props total: 21061 21061
If the money's a big deal, then don't fu*king compete

What makes basketball players any more worthy than other Olympic athlete? Other than the fact that they make more money over their careers anyway? fu*k outta here, Ray.

487 - 160 STRK: 8 w in a row WIN PCT: 75% 7 (-1) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 902-439, Rank #3 | Aug 16: 2053-798, Rank #2 | Aug 15: 2158-922, Rank #3 | Aug 14: 1325-713, Rank #2 | Aug 13: 737-433, Rank #2 | Aug 12: 1-0, Rank #480 | Aug 11: 18-15, Rank #223 *
 6 years ago '11        #168
panamaican 
space
space
space
$938 | Props total: 1311 1311
I think Ray's argument would make more sense to me if the Olympics weren't voluntary.

It's not like college where the kids have no choice but to risk their bodies for the colleges, just to get a chance at the pro's. NBA athletes are already in the pros, they can turn down the Olympics without jeapordizing their playing future.

Hell, it's probably the smarter career choice to turn it down.
 6 years ago '05        #169
ChokeHold 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,971 | Props total: 23 23
other athletes don't get paid and they don't make millions between olympics
 6 years ago '09        #170
DJ Geezy 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 211 211
You're just a fu*kin player...if you choose not to play as an American and the opportunity to win a gold medal then fu*k you...You've had it easy your entire life and get paid to be an athlete...the REAL American Dream...SHOW SOME RESPECT!

When the US asks these players to play there shouldn't be A choice...this is the Country that gave birth to you, made you who you are, and pays you a ridiculous amount of money for possessing a god-given talent that ANYBODY would k!ll for...and you want a % of Olympic jersey sales...?

What's the % he thinks he deserves anyways? Who's checkin for a fu*kin Ray Allen jersey in 2012? Let's be real...Nobody was even looking for one back in 2000....
 04-11-2012, 07:32 PM         #171
Hawkins 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow, that Cambury guy is ignorant as shyt. By your thinking, the maids that sweep my floor and take out my trash built my house right? hahah gtfo with that nonsense.
 6 years ago '10        #172
SpacelyPockets 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,808 | Props total: 404 404
yall n*ggas act like these dudes aint got no familys to feed......sh*t fu*k that jesus shuttlesworth has spoken...
 6 years ago '09        #173
29 26 6 heat pts
space
space
$11,182 | Props total: 2584 2584
Representing ur country is payment enough. As well as building a worldwide brand for urself playing other countries... Smh.. these n*ggas is greedy.
 04-11-2012, 08:53 PM         #174
drake_411 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
... WTF no, straight up. It should be considered an honor to play for your country and they already make enough money as it is to play in the NBA, stop being greedy.
 6 years ago '04        #175
FyreBlazer 
space
space
$2,131 | Props total: 30 30
Then don't play for the Olympic team Ray, simple as that. I'm sure some hungry young baller would love your spot and won't bi*ch about getting a bonus to win the gold.

If more players start acting like this, we'll never have another dream team again.
 6 years ago '04        #176
T-Styles 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,182 | Props total: 0 0
 Cambury said:
Reality is he is a professional even more hard working than a doctor and that is why he makes the big bucks.

Noone else caught this? Really? Ray Allen is a harder worker and more deserving of his paychecks than a doctor?
 6 years ago '07        #177
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
Someone makes a ton of money off of the USA Basketball team. NBC makes money televising the games, compared to an alternative Olympic event like shot-put. Someone makes a ton of money off of the sales of the jerseys; more money than a lot of people here probably think. I know I have personally seen a ton of people wearing Kobe's, Melo's, D-Wade's and Lebron's '08 jerseys. Those sales really add up.

My point is that if someone is making money here they should be at least sharing it with the people that create the demand that leads to the profits. For the same reason, I think there should be some sort of compensation scheme in place for NCAA athletes that bring in huge profits to both the NCAA and their school.

Furthermore, the "sacrifice" that these players make to represent their country is a lot larger than the sacrifice athletes in any other sport probably make. These players end their season 2 weeks before training for the Olympics starts, and the Olympics ends shortly before training camp/offseason workouts begin for the NBA. These guys make millions of dollars to play basketball, and while I'm not saying they should be paid just because they make that much in the NBA, it's unfair to not recognize that the sacrifice they make to pay Olympic ball is greater than the sacrifice the table-tennis player makes. They are giving up time and energy that could be more profitably used either doing exhibitions/endorsements or saved for the upcoming season (thereby extending their NBA careers and earning power).
credit to another forum, but this sums up my thoughts. Is it that wrong of them to express their opinion? Its not like they went and demanded this
 6 years ago '10        #178
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,313 | Props total: 1964 1964
thats how you know how good we are
usa players dont get paid and still play
fu*king around and bustin' teams a.ss
 6 years ago '08        #179
Da_Crew2k9 135 heat pts135
space
space
space
$3,008 | Props total: 2434 2434
 Budala said:
So we forgetting that those millions of dollars they make in NBA is not enough?
thats the problem nba players are divas now smh
 6 years ago '05        #180
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,736 | Props total: 12561 12561
PAID? This is voluntary, you're not under contract. This is a once in a lifetime privilege to Rep your country and forever be known as an olympian. If its not that important to you then don't play. You can be replaced.people don't watch the Olympics for the names. Your legend and name is made during the Olympic competition. Who was watching Bolt races before the Olympics? Not many. People watch the for the events not the contestants, unless they were beasting in other Olympic matches before hand ..

Last edited by Hold That; 04-11-2012 at 09:38 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
39 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
172 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
264 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
53 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
176 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
60 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
64 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
92 comments
20 hours ago