Ray Allen: Players Should Be Paid to Take Part in the Olympics

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
46 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
230 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
156 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #141
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,203 | Props total: 600 600
 jplaydadon said:
no they wouldnt lol. the US still had a double digit avg margin of victory over spain over the course of two games. they would get their a.sses handed to them by our jv and freshman squads, as long as they were put together nicely.
The gold medal game wasn't decided till the closing minutes... Imo, I wouldn't be over confident in a 2nd or 3rd squad dominating them... I feel U on constructing the right kind of players to play though...
 6 years ago '06        #142
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,203 | Props total: 600 600
 Pos said:
I thought Ray was 1 of the more classier players in the league, I didn't expect this from him
I still fu*ks with Ray, but he has his moments

1. Saying it was a conspiracy that the Sixers beat the Bucks in the ECF before
2. sh*tting on Rafer Alston, when he played on the bucks.. prolly called for though lol
3. He kinda looked foolish on his David West comments, when he didn't want to play in boston
 6 years ago '09        #143
six6nine9wpk 18 heat pts18
space
space
space
$1,024 | Props total: 778 778
n*ggas dont understand the fact that they are business men at the end of the day. Companies are making millions of dollars using their brand and they get nothing in return.
 6 years ago '07        #144
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,596 | Props total: 907 907
Ima keep it short and sweet. You make money off me? Pay me or I no longer work for you.

"patriotism"? get the fu*k outta here. this is america. where the only thing u need to be a good patriot is to be a good capitalist. or let the good capitalists r*pe u for yours.

sound familiar?
 04-11-2012, 05:33 PM         #145
Piccolo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ginobili 20 said:
I still fu*ks with Ray, but he has his moments

1. Saying it was a conspiracy that the Sixers beat the Bucks in the ECF before
2. sh*tting on Rafer Alston, when he played on the bucks.. prolly called for though lol
3. He kinda looked foolish on his David West comments, when he didn't want to play in boston

1. Is just a player saying what everybody knew already. You guys ahve already let this country and the media brainwash you. These guys are used by this country in a event that earns this world billions. And you guys have an outcry when a player ask for his money? It's like Cuban said before these guys are idiots when they play for free.
 6 years ago '04        #146
teezee 1 heat pts
space
space
$190 | Props total: 0 0
Whatever happened to playing for your country, not money? It should be looked at as a privilege to represent your country, not a job.
 04-11-2012, 05:35 PM         #147
Piccolo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gimmethat said:
there´s a whole business behind olympics ,world championships etc
Why shouldnt they get paid ?
All this patriotism talk dont make sense when all this is a business... u think he would be less proud with a check he earned

i never heard that they dont get paid in other countries
These kids are blinded by patriotism. By a country that doesnt give a rats a.ss about ya'll and lies to you everyday.

It's no diff than when a player backs up their organization. When the day that player becomes crippled or retires is just a cast off.
 04-11-2012, 05:39 PM         #148
kevante 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He's right. They are making mad money of the players and the players don't see sh*t. How is that fair?
 6 years ago '11        #149
panamaican 
space
space
space
$935 | Props total: 1295 1295
Ray needs to k!ll that noise.

The exposure you get in the Olympics boosts your stock when you get back to the NBA. It's international exposure and they still give you $25k on top of that.

If Ray was thinking like a business man, he'd shut the fu*k up, get his international fame on and get a bunch of new fans to buy his tired Celtics jersey.
 6 years ago '04        #150
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,369 | Props total: 6383 6383
 teezee said:
Whatever happened to playing for your country, not money? It should be looked at as a privilege to represent your country, not a job.
they acting like the nba players don't get comped the whole time that they are there. if you don't like the fact that you're not getting payed from the jersey sales then don't play. its not like addias,nike,any other shoe company are not cutting you a check when your over there
 6 years ago '07        #151
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,377 | Props total: 13033 13033
some of you idiots probably aren't aware that host cities generally lose money on the olympics. you think somebody is just lining their pockets and making away like bandits. it costs a sh*t ton of money to put on an event like that.
 6 years ago '11        #152
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,802 | Props total: 2667 2667
 SLIM said:
Ima keep it short and sweet. You make money off me? Pay me or I no longer work for you.

"patriotism"? get the fu*k outta here. this is america. where the only thing u need to be a good patriot is to be a good capitalist. or let the good capitalists r*pe u for yours.

sound familiar?
So then don't go, nobody is asking for you n*gga don't worry
 6 years ago '07        #153
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 x-milky said:
There's so many people making millions off the Olympics, it only makes sense that the players would want some of that.
Exactly.

The people on the Olympic committees make ridiculous salaries and leave the deficit on the taxpayers. They make all that money off a competition for so called 'pride and honor', yet they don't practice what they preach. Hustle or get hustled is the bottomline

I'd be asking for my cut too if you wanna get rich off my talents, capitalism at its finest People just attacking Wade/Allen because theyre alot more visible than the business people behind the the Olympics

Last edited by ttime236; 04-11-2012 at 06:01 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #154
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:
some of you idiots probably aren't aware that host cities generally lose money on the olympics. you think somebody is just lining their pockets and making away like bandits. it costs a sh*t ton of money to put on an event like that.
Exactly...the Chinese are in debt for like 40 billion...Montreal JUST paid off their debt. n*ggas don't see the money coming out of people pockets for this sh*t, but expect participants to be laced up with cash with no financial risk. It's elementary logic...n*ggas too stuck on that us v. the man bullsh*t to see how silly, financially, it would be to pay n*ggas to show up at a voluntary stage.
 6 years ago '05        #155
JayThunder 
space
space
$1,984 | Props total: 80 80
 ICG said:
Yeah because free travel, free clothes, and competing at the worlds biggest sports competition ain't enough

Why ray Allen acting like he broke?
n*gga stfu ...u see no positive intent here? the man is away from his fam ! and doing usa a solid ...listen all he is saying is that he wouldnt mind getting fu*ked but atleast with some lipstick on ...n*ggas like u think "ahhh he rich etc..." u sound like a n*gga that work retail and complain all day at work but when get fired wanna blame it on the company
 6 years ago '11        #156
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 ttime236 said:
Exactly.

The people on the Olympic committees make ridiculous salaries and leave the deficit on the taxpayers. They make all that money off a competition for so called 'pride and honor', yet they don't practice what they preach. Hustle or get hustled is the bottomline

I'd be asking for my cut too if you wanna get rich off my talents, capitalism at its finest People just attacking Wade/Allen because theyre alot more visible than the business people behind the the Olympics
n*ggas really in here thinking that article is talking about any money that ray Allen or Wade could sway by not appearing.
 6 years ago '07        #157
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 wjcorner said:
n*ggas really in here thinking that article is talking about any money that ray Allen or Wade could sway by not appearing.
Just saying, the consumers getting hustled by one side already, why you gonna get mad when Allen/Wade want theirs
 6 years ago '04        #158
teezee 1 heat pts
space
space
$190 | Props total: 0 0
The Olympics was not founded with capitalism in my mind.
 6 years ago '11        #159
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 ttime236 said:
Just saying, the consumers getting hustled by one side already, why you gonna get mad when Allen/Wade want theirs
Because you're talking about an event that has a legacy of having willing competitors compete on the biggest stage for NATIONAL glory...not for another paycheck. And then, the winners all the way down to bronze GET a winners check. But n*ggas is complaining because they free travel and once in a lifetime experience ain't accompanied with a check.
 6 years ago '07        #160
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,377 | Props total: 13033 13033
 ttime236 said:
i don't know of anybody who wouldn't prefer to get paid vs. doing something for free. where i draw the line is saying you wouldn't participate unless they pay you. i wouldn't want those kind of players representing the country anyway if the motivation isn't enough.

part of the reason the olympics lose money is because of things like the article you posted. the cities create a business plan and a budget and then end up spending 10 times that much and are lucky to break even. it costs upwards of $20 billion to host an olympics.

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
62 comments
2 days ago