Ray Allen: Players Should Be Paid to Take Part in the Olympics

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
26 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
73 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #81
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,431 | Props total: 12370 12370
Dudes in other countries are forced to play for their teams in the Olympics. Our guys get a choice but for some reason our guys are the ones who want to be paid for choosing to play.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #82
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6147 6147
Its true though. They should be compensated.

People don't understand that the olympics are ran as a business. while you idiots are cheering over patriotism.......nike, puma, pepsi, coke and all these other big corporations that are partnered with the olympic games are cheering over the income they'll be generating due to their world wide advertisements.
 6 years ago '04        #83
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
 Cambury said:
people are ignoring the fact that if these professionals decided not to compete first thing people will yell is they are unpatriotic so they basically are fired to protect their brand.
did people say that when everybody didn't show up to the olympics we lost in?
 04-11-2012, 02:47 PM         #84
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ginobili 20 said:
most people touched on everything

Just because the players don't get paid a check for participating, doesn't mean they won't cash in on it anyway How much does an olympic gold medal go far?? lol... If they don't care about the experience and take no pride in the medal, then just sell the sh*t

The players get a sh*tload of other endorsement oppurtunites also... Micheal Phelps made MILLIONS off endorsments... As well as the gymnastic cats and others... on a smaller scale, other olympic cats cashed in plenty.....The exposure of playing in the olympics as an NBA player is cash in itself basicly

Just because U don't a check to play, doesn't' mean your not cashing in at the end of the day

Let alone taking some pride in playing for your country.... Is kind of a shame how a lot of the foriegn cats are more pasioniate about playing Ball fo thier country then the USA... Exspecialy since basketball means more to us, then it does to other countries...
After Kobe retires i foresee foreign dominating Olympics.
 6 years ago '07        #85
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 justinjones said:
did people say that when everybody didn't show up to the olympics we lost in?
hell yea! They forced the first dream team together, the marketing was the only people that could get them to do it. Think about kobe turning down 2000 and 2004 and all the flack he got...
 04-11-2012, 02:55 PM         #86
NYC24 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jplaydadon said:
sorry, the avg soldier doesnt have the economic worth or demand to get millions. and what benefit is ray allen to the himself and the ppl he supports if he goes out and ruins his body for free? its not all about the individual, athletes do more with their money than just spend it on themselves. they help family, donate to charities, etc. furthermore, why does ray allen or any nba player need to play for the olympic team? for what? they are already known as the best, the nba is the settling ground for that. stop bringing up soldiers, because they have a purpose in the military indistrial complex that they serve, and athletes have a vital role in the media industrial complex that they serve, and both industries are very important to the way we live. in fact the media propaganda perpetuated by pro and college sports nationally helps allow the military to do what it does, even when they shouldnt be overseas doing some of the sh*t they do. and thats just the truth. they all work together.

but you best believe that those soldiers are gettin paid pretty nicely to do what they do and most of them wouldnt do it if they werent getting nice pay. lets stop making seem like all the US soldiers are altruistic heroes cause not all, probably not even most of them are. and i have a deep family history of military involvement, including my parents, and i like most have seen plenty of friends and classmates go to the armed services and they didnt go for patriotism.

but props to those who did and do the right thing, most importantly...
i feel its an honor to play for team usa, i dont remeber michael,larry, magic whinning like little bi*ches about not getting paid. Players were made out of a different cloth back then and were treated differenly, now you have players whinning about not getting paid to play for team usa. . Its just players were brought up differently , they were tougher and more appreciative to get priveleges like these, nowadays they complain about everything like some divas and this is a prime example of it.
 6 years ago '11        #87
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,805 | Props total: 2668 2668
 JamcnPrettyboy said:

People don't understand that the olympics are ran as a business. while you idiots are cheering over patriotism.......nike, puma, pepsi, coke and all these other big corporations that are partnered with the olympic games are cheering over the income they'll be generating due to their world wide advertisements.
So anything that makes money should pay out to its participants, dumbass?
 6 years ago '07        #88
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 wjcorner said:
so basically you are okay with the money going into the hands of big execs at corporations?
 6 years ago '04        #89
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
 JamcnPrettyboy said:

with that logic i should of got paid by a rec league that was sponsored by pizza hut when i was 10

they don't have to play at the olympics if they don't want to. they get their money with the nba because that is their living. this isn't
 6 years ago '11        #90
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 Cambury said:
so basically you are okay with the money going into the hands of big execs at corporations?
Answer the question...and yes, if someone makes a financial investment in something, I see no problem in them getting financial returns on said investment.
 6 years ago '07        #91
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6147 6147
 wjcorner said:
It should be paid out to the people who helped you achieve the profit. Those olympic jerseys are gonna sell and those players won't see a dime of the money. The players will also be subjected to all sorts of blind product placement.
 6 years ago '08        #92
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
 Fly 2ndComing said:
If we all decided to get paid off of something we were involved in that's big business then none of it would be big business anymore.

Just because they make money on the Olympics doesn't mean participants should be paid.

there's no market to pay you for most of the things you're involved in. you don't have the luxury of "deciding" whether you want to get paid, because you're probably not that good at most of it. people always like to say stuff like "i'd play in the NBA for $50k," but never consider the fact that nobody wants to pay them even that.

typically, when people have marketable skills that they know are capable of bringing them revenue, they attempt to get paid from those skills. refer to: jobs

you're blowing off ray allen's stance because what he does is a hobby to you. you can't relate. you'd probably have a fit if some amateur in your field started trying to count your money though
 6 years ago '11        #93
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
It should be paid out to the people who helped you achieve the profit. Those olympic jerseys are gonna sell and those players won't see a dime of the money. The players will also be subjected to all sorts of blind product placement.
So if a net loss is incurred, should the players have to pay an "all-inclusive" price for their time spent? They contributed to a profit, so they contributed to a net loss, correct?
 04-11-2012, 03:21 PM         #94
Chip Tha Ripper 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RayRays one of my all time favorites...

but
 6 years ago '07        #95
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,451 | Props total: 16226 16226
and firef!ghters should get an NBA salary for saving lives... these ninjas have let it all go to their heads I see
 6 years ago '11        #96
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 Damagegadget said:
and firef!ghters should get an NBA salary for saving lives... these ninjas have let it all go to their heads I see
That's just supply and demand, sadly...n*ggas don't need their lives saved as often as each individual NBA licensed merchandise is sold
 6 years ago '08        #97
GhostNinja 47 heat pts47
space
space
$3,943 | Props total: 0 0
 Cambury said:
yEa but these players make money off of entertainment. If the pros turned down the olympics there would be a public outry. It wouldnt be as simple as Obama announcing tryouts and putting the cutlist on the white house door. So basically pros are kind of forced to do it or they are looked at in a negative way. It was one of the reasons in 2000 and 2004 people disliked Kobe because he said he never was going to do the dreamteam. Noone respect the fact that he wanted to rest and do his thing.
son it comes with the territory. fu*k feeling sorry for multi millionaires. you tryna play devils advocate but at the end of the day, its still their choice. @ bringing slavery into the convo
 04-11-2012, 03:32 PM         #98
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ICG said:
Yeah because free travel, free clothes, and competing at the worlds biggest sports competition ain't enough

Why ray Allen acting like he broke?
Why are you acting like that's ok for him to work for clothes when the Team USA makes millions.
 6 years ago '09        #99
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,431 | Props total: 12370 12370
 Dee Grande said:
there's no market to pay you for most of the things you're involved in. you don't have the luxury of "deciding" whether you want to get paid, because you're probably not that good at most of it. people always like to say stuff like "i'd play in the NBA for $50k," but never consider the fact that nobody wants to pay them even that.

typically, when people have marketable skills that they know are capable of bringing them revenue, they attempt to get paid from those skills. refer to: jobs

you're blowing off ray allen's stance because what he does is a hobby to you. you can't relate. you'd probably have a fit if some amateur in your field started trying to count your money though
I can relate which is why I take my stance. He's free to feel that way and I'm free to disagree. I'll agree with you in one spot, 50k is chump change and would make some cats on here happy, not me though. I'll leave my comments at that.
 6 years ago '09        #100
Lil Jay 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,999 | Props total: 424 424
then just don't do it, Ray.
To draw it to the bigger picture:
This just shows that american athletes forget the competitive spirit of sports itself.. It's all for money, the world is just a big market to americans, whatever you can do, you only do it for salary... what a fu*ked up view on something as great as the game of basketball...
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
113 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy