Ray Allen: Players Should Be Paid to Take Part in the Olympics

most viewed right now
 120
Image(s) inside May 22 - Here’s how money is destroying the world and the people livin..
37 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 76
Video inside F*ucking Black Guy
135 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 60
Video inside First she'll break your ankles, then she'll your heart!!!
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 45
Video inside 50 was ready to stab up Suge back in the day
97 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #41
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,405 | Props total: 10379 10379
I dont think Ray was speaking anything outrageous but somewhere along the lines of the money they get for all star games and gifts for winning championships.
 6 years ago '11        #42
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,110 | Props total: 2872 2872
 Cambury said:
um do you know people were k!lled and tortured over here for their skin color. Do you know that a boy was k!lled for wearing a goody and their are people int he population whose argument was you shouldn't wear a hoody? C'mon man you cant be this simple
on one instance you're talking about the past, in the other one, its an isolated case...there were LEGAL BINDING LAWS in place that JUSTIFIED execution for people because of their political affiliation...thats not the same as a case that's still pending when the man can still be legally reprimanded. The comparisons are null and void
 04-11-2012, 12:14 PM         #43
NYC24 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
excuse me ray allen, youre playing for your country and u want to get paid for that?! then go fu*k yourself , they can find other basketball players who are still hungry who would be just happy to play for team usa.only in america where atheletes get so spoiled they say sh*t like this.smh
 6 years ago '11        #44
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,110 | Props total: 2872 2872
 Dee Grande said:
if you're involved, then it is an employer. you don't necessarily have to get a check, but you still have a job to do. and obviously they aren't forced to participate. which is why many don't. i'm not sure what your point is.


none of this addresses the fact that the olympics are a business that employs athletes who generate revenue, and pretty much pays them in frivolities like "honor and privilege"
should people in walkathons that agree to participate for a greater cause complain about not getting paid?
 6 years ago '05        #45
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$6,538 | Props total: 136 136
ray lost some points with this one
how about repaying the country which allows you to make million for putting a ball through a hoop?
 6 years ago '07        #46
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,405 | Props total: 10379 10379
 wjcorner said:
on one instance you're talking about the past, in the other one, its an isolated case...there were LEGAL BINDING LAWS in place that JUSTIFIED execution for people because of their political affiliation...thats not the same as a case that's still pending when the man can still be legally reprimanded. The comparisons are null and void
when it comes to blacks getting shot/killed by people who think they have "authority" its not an isolated case. regardless you could never call a black person unpatriotic in America.
 6 years ago '08        #47
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
avatar space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7941 7941
 joshdogg26 said:
well maybe your initial point didn't come across clearly, but you equated it to a normal job, which it is certainly not. there are clear motivations for participating in the olympics that a job doesn't present, and if they don't motivate you, then you can stay home and there will be no harm done. corporate employees don't get to compete in events and don't win anything or represent any country. they don't reap any of the intrinsic benefits that the athletes do.

my point is that, if the olympics is offering a package that athletes aren't impressed with (like ray allen apparently isn't), then i understand why they wouldn't want to participate. the same way i can understand why somebody wouldn't want to work a 9 to 5 that gives out a similarly unimpressive package.


you keep projecting your own ideals about "intrinsic benefits" onto the athletes, and excusing the corporate employees. it's funny how sentimental stuff is supposed to be good enough for one group, yet not the other. you don't seem to be grasping the fact that it sounds just as crazy for both sides.


i wouldn't expect an athlete to inherently care about some gold-plated medal or "representing your country." the same way i wouldn't expect the corporate employees to care about their respective "intrinsic benefits" either.
 6 years ago '07        #48
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,405 | Props total: 10379 10379
 jay964 said:
ray lost some points with this one
how about repaying the country which allows you to make million for putting a ball through a hoop?
the country doesn't pay him anything, the corporations pay him. Noone would approve of an athlete making that much money if they ould vote on it. Reality is he is a professional even more hard working than a doctor and that is why he makes the big bucks. Would you walk into a hospital and say "you need to repay the Earth for giving you hundreds of thousand of dollars for writing notes and prescribing medicines"
 04-11-2012, 12:26 PM         #49
NYC24 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there is no argument with this, you got people putting thier fu*king lives on the line for our country and dont get paid millions.while you have some spoiled fu*king athlete shooting a ball complaining like a bi*ch to play for his country, let him go ball in germany.
 6 years ago '05        #50
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
avatar space
space
$17,638 | Props total: 354 354
i agree with ray 100 percent. broke n*ggas just hate it cause they already make millions in the nba. but this isn't nba they are putting in time work and effort that they dont have to why shouldn't they get paid there alot of pressure to win to i think that only fair
 6 years ago '08        #51
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
avatar space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7941 7941
 wjcorner said:
should people in walkathons that agree to participate for a greater cause complain about not getting paid?

logic fail


first of all, the olympics aren't a charity.


secondly, if it were, the athletes would be on the inside. they'd probably be the equivalent of fundraisers (who get paid, by the way)


consumers like you and me would be the target participants of the walkathon, so that the charity could get money from us.


*brings you back to life*
 6 years ago '04        #52
torious 69 heat pts69
space
avatar space
space
$84,014 | Props total: 15492 15492
im with wjcorner and other n*ggas who are being rational on this thread. it's a fu*king priviledge to (VOLUNTARILY) play in the olympics, not some government imposed totalitarian establishment thats forced on its people like slavery. it's a big source of revenue for smaller countries and bigger countries, big deal


[video - click to view]

 6 years ago '07        #53
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,405 | Props total: 10379 10379
 torious said:
im with wjcorner and other n*ggas who are being rational on this thread. it's a fu*king priviledge to (VOLUNTARILY) play in the olympics, not some government imposed totalitarian establishment thats forced on its people like slavery. it's a big source of revenue for smaller countries and bigger countries, big deal

you would be opposed to the athletes getting a percentage of the money generated? sh*t has to go to somebody... united states makes millions because these guys play. Joe Schmo would not generate the same revenue.
 6 years ago '05        #54
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$17,432 | Props total: 261 261
 Akira Son Bio said:
You get to rep your country and are given a shot at saying your the best in the world to do what you do for the next four years. If that's not enough then you don't belong

and for the record, Olympians do get paid but the majority of those cats go back to a 9-5 grind once this is over, for the next four years mind you. They don't even make that much either, compared to Mr. Allen who wants to complain about it



thank you for that ...ray allen obviously doesnt even know what he's talking about..and the USOC pays their atheletes for winning sh*t..what else can you ask for..

American men's basketball players, for example, have pledged to donate their prize money to youth basketball programs in the United States. (Given the team's performance in Athens, let's hope those groups haven't yet spent the money earmarked for them.)
 6 years ago '07        #55
joshdogg26 194 heat pts194
space
avatar space
space
$35,266 | Props total: 14831 14831
 Dee Grande said:
my point is that, if the olympics is offering a package that athletes aren't impressed with (like ray allen apparently isn't), then i understand why they wouldn't want to participate. the same way i can understand why somebody wouldn't want to work a 9 to 5 that gives out a similarly unimpressive package.


you keep projecting your own ideals about "intrinsic benefits" onto the athletes, and excusing the corporate employees. it's funny how sentimental stuff is supposed to be good enough for one group, yet not the other. you don't seem to be grasping the fact that it sounds just as crazy for both sides.


i wouldn't expect an athlete to inherently care about some gold-plated medal or "representing your country." the same way i wouldn't expect the corporate employees to care about their respective "intrinsic benefits" either.
if you can't see the obvious distinction between somebody working behind the scenes to organize the events and somebody actually trying to win them, then that's on you.

 6 years ago '11        #56
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,110 | Props total: 2872 2872
 Cambury said:
when it comes to blacks getting shot/killed by people who think they have "authority" its not an isolated case. regardless you could never call a black person unpatriotic in America.
I just did and will continue to...your logic is silly...I guess black people should show no allegiance anywhere since we were shipped from Africa by Africans and nobody thought to stop the slave trade right?
 6 years ago '04        #57
torious 69 heat pts69
space
avatar space
space
$84,014 | Props total: 15492 15492
 Cambury said:
you would be opposed to the athletes getting a percentage of the money generated? sh*t has to go to somebody... united states makes millions because these guys play. Joe Schmo would not generate the same revenue.
the money would be better put to the people devote their lives and work for the 4 years that aren't the games to ensure that the olympics go off without a hitch than it would be to making some millionaires richer imho

edit; and things liek dude posted, im pretty sure ray allen would agree if he stepped outside of his bubble for a minute


Last edited by torious; 04-11-2012 at 01:08 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #58
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,110 | Props total: 2872 2872
 Dee Grande said:
logic fail


first of all, the olympics aren't a charity.


secondly, if it were, the athletes would be on the inside. they'd probably be the equivalent of fundraisers (who get paid, by the way)


consumers like you and me would be the target participants of the walkathon, so that the charity could get money from us.


*brings you back to life*
Look up hyperbole and you won't try to make vague comparisons a 1:1...(by the way you seriously fu*ked up on your end of the comparison, but that's a bottomless argument)
 6 years ago '04        #59
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,995 | Props total: 745 745
 NYC24 said:
there is no argument with this, you got people putting thier fu*king lives on the line for our country and dont get paid millions.while you have some spoiled fu*king athlete shooting a ball complaining like a bi*ch to play for his country, let him go ball in germany.
sorry, the avg soldier doesnt have the economic worth or demand to get millions. and what benefit is ray allen to the himself and the ppl he supports if he goes out and ruins his body for free? its not all about the individual, athletes do more with their money than just spend it on themselves. they help family, donate to charities, etc. furthermore, why does ray allen or any nba player need to play for the olympic team? for what? they are already known as the best, the nba is the settling ground for that. stop bringing up soldiers, because they have a purpose in the military indistrial complex that they serve, and athletes have a vital role in the media industrial complex that they serve, and both industries are very important to the way we live. in fact the media propaganda perpetuated by pro and college sports nationally helps allow the military to do what it does, even when they shouldnt be overseas doing some of the sh*t they do. and thats just the truth. they all work together.

but you best believe that those soldiers are gettin paid pretty nicely to do what they do and most of them wouldnt do it if they werent getting nice pay. lets stop making seem like all the US soldiers are altruistic heroes cause not all, probably not even most of them are. and i have a deep family history of military involvement, including my parents, and i like most have seen plenty of friends and classmates go to the armed services and they didnt go for patriotism.

but props to those who did and do the right thing, most importantly...
 6 years ago '11        #60
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,110 | Props total: 2872 2872
 Cambury said:
the country doesn't pay him anything, the corporations pay him. Noone would approve of an athlete making that much money if they ould vote on it. Reality is he is a professional even more hard working than a doctor and that is why he makes the big bucks. Would you walk into a hospital and say "you need to repay the Earth for giving you hundreds of thousand of dollars for writing notes and prescribing medicines"
don't talk economics if you don't understand it...the demand of his services makes his price. The consumer, i.e. the people of this country give him his price. Even if it wasn't that way it would be government regulated, which would still mean the country giving him his price. The people vote every night with their wallet
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 72
ashley graham killing it i'm sold yo!
56 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 52
Man hit dog with baseball bat because he ate his Whopper
73 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 41
DONT LET THESE TRAPS FOOL YOU! Here's how to effectively avoid them.
103 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 34
Image(s) inside This is what the richest zip code in America looks like
147 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 32
Image(s) inside Jessica Jones AKA Krysten Ritter Is Fine To Me Bruh
85 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside Rosey Got Thickkkkkk
50 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 30
Kanye West working on MY BEAUTIFUL DARK TWISTED FANTASY
52 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 25
I doubt Kanye hittin kim right
111 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy