Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
113 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
290 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #21
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,802 | Props total: 2667 2667
 Cambury said:
yEa but these players make money off of entertainment. If the pros turned down the olympics there would be a public outry. It wouldnt be as simple as Obama announcing tryouts and putting the cutlist on the white house door. So basically pros are kind of forced to do it or they are looked at in a negative way. It was one of the reasons in 2000 and 2004 people disliked Kobe because he said he never was going to do the dreamteam. Noone respect the fact that he wanted to rest and do his thing.
...they still aren't forced...caving into criticisms isn't being forced
 6 years ago '04        #22
rikedizzle 
space
space
$6,792 | Props total: 676 676
they definitely should be paid.
 6 years ago '07        #23
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10059 10059
 wjcorner said:
you're comparing the average black man's lifestyle in this country to that of a 3rd world country...you know n*ggas were k!lled and tortured for simply having different political views right? You'd be k!lled for talking like THIS over there
um do you know people were k!lled and tortured over here for their skin color. Do you know that a boy was k!lled for wearing a goody and their are people int he population whose argument was you shouldn't wear a hoody? C'mon man you cant be this simple
 6 years ago '08        #24
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
 ICG said:
Yeah because free travel, free clothes, and competing at the worlds biggest sports competition ain't enough

would you have that same attitude if your employer tried to pay you with staplers, pens and "the privilege of working for them"?

personally, i wouldn't mind competing in the olympics as is. but i understand where he's coming from. people keep using all this fluff to hide the fact that olympics are big business. same sh*t they do with the ncaa. why is nobody asking the olympics' corporate employees to work for free in order to "show their patriotism"?
 6 years ago '07        #25
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,377 | Props total: 13033 13033
 P. Dedos said:
ray allen u wasnt invited to play for the team tho. so who asked you. i dont see any other players turning down the chance to play for the US. all the top players are playing in the game and want to play

why is ray allen trying to make issue out of a non issue smh
ray allen still thinks david west went to the pacers over the celtics for money, even though he took less. his accountant needs to tell him to stfu.
 6 years ago '07        #26
space
space
 Dee Grande said:
would you have that same attitude if your employer tried to pay you with staplers, pens and "the privilege of working for them"?

personally, i wouldn't mind competing in the olympics as is. but i understand where he's coming from. people keep using all this fluff to hide the fact that olympics are big business. same sh*t they do with the ncaa. why is nobody asking the olympics' corporate employees to work for free in order to "show their patriotism"?
but it's not an employer and it's not an obligation. if you don't want to play for pride and patriotism, then stay your a.ss at home. you shouldn't need any additional motivation to play for team USA. it's an honor and a privilege. nobody's forced to play.

6 years ago '06        #27
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,638 | Props total: 8568 8568
if you pay them then you gotta pay everybody else that are apart of the Olympics.

i think they should get some type of pay.
 6 years ago '07        #28
space
space
if anything, they should get a % of their jersey sales from nike if that's who makes them. correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't hear swimmers and sh*t like that asking to get paid. the opportunity to win a gold medal and represent their country is what drives most athletes in the olympics.
 6 years ago '08        #29
T2THEONE 859 heat pts859 OP
space
space
$6,450 | Props total: 1678 1678
Do the other olympic athletes get paid ?
 6 years ago '07        #30
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10059 10059
 joshdogg26 said:
if anything, they should get a % of their jersey sales from nike if that's who makes them. correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't hear swimmers and sh*t like that asking to get paid. the opportunity to win a gold medal and represent their country is what drives most athletes in the olympics.
well what really drives the top athletes is being the best in the world...reality is these basketball dudes are the best in the world playing for the best league so they dont really get much from it
 6 years ago '08        #31
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:
but it's not an employer and it's not an obligation. if you don't want to play for pride and patriotism, then stay your a.ss at home. you shouldn't need any additional motivation to play for team USA. it's an honor and a privilege. nobody's forced to play.

if you're involved, then it is an employer. you don't necessarily have to get a check, but you still have a job to do. and obviously they aren't forced to participate. which is why many don't. i'm not sure what your point is.

none of this addresses the fact that the olympics are a business that employs athletes who generate revenue, and pretty much pays them in frivolities like "honor and privilege"
 6 years ago '08        #32
space
space
 marcusaka50 said:
if you pay them then you gotta pay everybody else that are apart of the Olympics.

then do it

give michael phelps his paper too
 6 years ago '07        #33
space
space
 Cambury said:
well what really drives the top athletes is being the best in the world...reality is these basketball dudes are the best in the world playing for the best league so they dont really get much from it
well they've lost before and that's the kind of attitude that led to it. i haven't heard of other athletes or players from other countries asking to get paid (maybe they have, but i've certainly never seen it). it's kind of embarrassing that one of our guys would personify the stereotype of american greed. if you don't wanna play without money, then just stay home. somebody else will.
 6 years ago '05        #34
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,872 | Props total: 8394 8394
If that's how they feel then fu*k it. Drop em and go to college kids. I doubt we would ever hear something like this from pros of other countries. If you want to play for money and not your country in the Olympics, then stay your a.ss home. I rather lose with players that are there for the right reasons
 6 years ago '07        #35
space
space
 Dee Grande said:
if you're involved, then it is an employer. you don't necessarily have to get a check, but you still have a job to do. and obviously they aren't forced to participate. which is why many don't. i'm not sure what your point is.

none of this addresses the fact that the olympics are a business that employs athletes who generate revenue, and pretty much pays them in frivolities like "honor and privilege"
because the system is invite and volunteer only. it's not exactly slave labor or something. they suffer no consequences if they choose not to participate. you can't equate it to somebody forcing you to work for peanuts, because nobody would do that if they didn't have to. you compared it to an everyday job, which is not a reasonable analogy. if the NBA tried to get them to play for free, that's one thing. this is entirely different.

if patriotism and honor and all that means nothing to you, then you don't have to play. somebody else will.
 04-11-2012, 12:47 PM         #36
Chest Rockwell 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
id k!ll to play in the league for 50k salary.. Let alone the fu*kin olympics. as*hole acting like guys need more paper because having the sickest job in the world and retiring at 35 is such a drag..
 6 years ago '08        #37
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:
because the system is invite and volunteer only. it's not exactly slave labor or something. they suffer no consequences if they choose not to participate. you can't equate it to somebody forcing you to work for peanuts, because nobody would do that if they didn't have to. you compared it to an everyday job, which is not a reasonable analogy. if the NBA tried to get them to play for free, that's one thing. this is entirely different.

if patriotism and honor and all that means nothing to you, then you don't have to play. somebody else will.
you're arguing against yourself. you're the one going on about forced labor and "working for peanuts," not me.

all i've said is that the olympics are big business, and they don't pay the people generating the revenue. which is why certain players understandably don't wanna fu*k with it. and if it's all about "patriotism and honor," then make the corporate employees volunteer too

Last edited by Dee Grande; 04-11-2012 at 12:49 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #38
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,914 | Props total: 634 634
 marcusaka50 said:

no you dont, the olyimpic basketball commiteee is separate and being that the team is made exclusively NBA players, im sure he means that the league should give financial incentive. that doesnt have anything to do with other athletes. in most other sports in the olympics, that is the crowning event. thats not true for basketball, the world championships and the NBA championship are more important.

and to those dude out there claiming patriotism need to shut the fu*k up. these dudes work their fu*kin a.sses off and thier bodies have to be maintained to do what they do. playing year round, esp when you get a lil older, is super demanding on the body. its why YAO ming is fu*kin retired right now. plus the NBA gets free marketing worlwide on the backs of the players, the same players the owners wanted to take revenue from. i think ray allen has a point, getting a few thousand bucks as a token to do something you dont have to at least shows that the league appreciates dudes puttin the brand out there worldwide while maintaing our elite status in basketball.
 6 years ago '07        #39
space
space
 Dee Grande said:
you're arguing against yourself. you're the one going on about forced labor and "working for peanuts," not me.

all i've said is that the olympics are big business, and they don't pay the people generating the revenue. which is why certain players understandably don't wanna fu*k with it. and if it's all about "patriotism and honor," then make the corporate employees volunteer too
well maybe your initial point didn't come across clearly, but you equated it to a normal job, which it is certainly not. there are clear motivations for participating in the olympics that a job doesn't present, and if they don't motivate you, then you can stay home and there will be no harm done. corporate employees don't get to compete in events and don't win anything or represent any country. they don't reap any of the intrinsic benefits that the athletes do.

Dee Grande said:

6 years ago '05        #40
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
Nobody put a gun to their heads to make them play..........thats the problem now. You never heard Jordan, Bird, Sir Charles or Magic complain about being paid to play on the Dream Team.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
257 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
306 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago