Ray Allen: Players Should Be Paid to Take Part in the Olympics

most viewed right now
 150
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
69 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 141
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 84
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
29 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 77
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
33 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #221
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,885 | Props total: 8410 8410
 Dos-effect said:
What if they get injured, or like he said they play into the play deep into the playoffs, they dont owe the country sh*t.......dude made some valid points, they are not machines they are human beings..........sports fanatics might as well call yourselves wanna be slavemasters the way you think you own these players
As far as I'm concerned if the risk isn't worth the reward for some of them then fall back. No one thinks they are machines, this is something they choose to do. The point is that the Olympics DON'T own these players, and they don't have to be a part of it if they don't want to
 04-12-2012, 08:54 AM         #222
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 King856 said:
they dont owe the country sh*t. they can say no and not play
this is true but look at the backlash if a player just flat out says no.....
 6 years ago '04        #223
J.BEEZY 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$8,325 | Props total: 2476 2476
this is why casual fans dont like the NBA anymore

play and shut the fu*k up or dont play
 6 years ago '09        #224
faceoffizhere 
space
avatar space
space
$4,659 | Props total: 842 842
players these days are soft no passion really well I wont say all of em but alot of em don't have it if you don't wanna play in the olympics don't play
 6 years ago '10        #225
Rot10MilkSteak 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,741 | Props total: 8 8

[pic - click to view]

 6 years ago '07        #226
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
avatar space
space
$34,398 | Props total: 13099 13099

All of the money that is generated from our participation and the competitions the senior teams participate in in effect subsidizes and pays for the entire U.S. Olympic (basketball) programs and that includes all of the junior programs where most of these players came from ... Most of them all started there, men and women.

When I took over the program in 2005, they were in a terrible losing situation financially ... During the next four years, I quadrupled the revenue, but that only brought us to break even. That covers all of the expenses for the men, women, boys and girls, all the way down. We sell sponsorship, sell tickets to exhibition games.

Another reality is, most of the players, and in fact until this comment today, I would have said 100% of them, understand that there's some great value to them individually for participating if they so choose to ...

... The opportunity to represent your country is a privilege without anything further said, that's No. 1 ... No. 2, the experience broadens individuals in every regard and every respect because you experience things you would not have under any other circumstance -- the travel, the people you meet.

Thirdly, the brand. We will live in a global economy. All of our players have shoe contracts and apparel contracts and they're little mini-business onto themselves and in some cases, they're not mini-businesses, they're quite substantial.

[pic - click to view]






colangelo with the ether
 04-12-2012, 10:51 AM         #227
Jsinn23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this money hungry motherfu*ker, like being apart of the olympics is not enough? the f*ggit wants money on top of it? forget him, replace him with someone else, hes garbage anyways.
 6 years ago '11        #228
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,805 | Props total: 2668 2668
 NuttinNyce said:
Do you really think that those corporate guys aren't mentioning their involvement when the olympics are a major success? I can a.ssure you one of those guys will be at a dinner party bragging about how he or his company was involved the the behind the scenes work. They could've been on a committee doing the same crap for anything else in the world, but their company has involvement in the olympics.

Hell I know cats at at&t that brag about selling free bluetooth headsets so you can't tell me those guys aren't honored to be apart of history. There is honor to being the face for your country but others are honored to be the "unsung heroes" that do the bytch work to make major events go off without a hitch.
You're comparing bragging at a dinner party to the potential of Michael Phelps game...it's not comparable
 6 years ago '11        #229
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,805 | Props total: 2668 2668
 joshdogg26 said:

All of the money that is generated from our participation and the competitions the senior teams participate in in effect subsidizes and pays for the entire U.S. Olympic (basketball) programs and that includes all of the junior programs where most of these players came from ... Most of them all started there, men and women.

When I took over the program in 2005, they were in a terrible losing situation financially ... During the next four years, I quadrupled the revenue, but that only brought us to break even. That covers all of the expenses for the men, women, boys and girls, all the way down. We sell sponsorship, sell tickets to exhibition games.

Another reality is, most of the players, and in fact until this comment today, I would have said 100% of them, understand that there's some great value to them individually for participating if they so choose to ...

... The opportunity to represent your country is a privilege without anything further said, that's No. 1 ... No. 2, the experience broadens individuals in every regard and every respect because you experience things you would not have under any other circumstance -- the travel, the people you meet.

Thirdly, the brand. We will live in a global economy. All of our players have shoe contracts and apparel contracts and they're little mini-business onto themselves and in some cases, they're not mini-businesses, they're quite substantial.

[pic - click to view]






colangelo with the ether
I bet this thread still doesn't die though
 6 years ago '04        #230
KnightOfTears 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$3,665 | Props total: 499 499
 joshdogg26 said:

All of the money that is generated from our participation and the competitions the senior teams participate in in effect subsidizes and pays for the entire U.S. Olympic (basketball) programs and that includes all of the junior programs where most of these players came from ... Most of them all started there, men and women.

When I took over the program in 2005, they were in a terrible losing situation financially ... During the next four years, I quadrupled the revenue, but that only brought us to break even. That covers all of the expenses for the men, women, boys and girls, all the way down. We sell sponsorship, sell tickets to exhibition games.

Another reality is, most of the players, and in fact until this comment today, I would have said 100% of them, understand that there's some great value to them individually for participating if they so choose to ...

... The opportunity to represent your country is a privilege without anything further said, that's No. 1 ... No. 2, the experience broadens individuals in every regard and every respect because you experience things you would not have under any other circumstance -- the travel, the people you meet.

Thirdly, the brand. We will live in a global economy. All of our players have shoe contracts and apparel contracts and they're little mini-business onto themselves and in some cases, they're not mini-businesses, they're quite substantial.

[pic - click to view]






colangelo with the ether
/thread
 6 years ago '05        #231
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,918 | Props total: 1489 1489
sh*t if n*ggas already got 1 gold what else they need. They play throughout a good portion of the year already and then like 3 weeks later have to train for the olympics? They lose time wit family, friends, and an a.ss of endorsements opportunities and just plain down time. Cause if they top players stopped going because they wanted there summers off to do whatever folks would be mad upset if we lose.
 6 years ago '05        #232
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
avatar space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
everyone else gets paid why is it anytime the ppl who u pay to see want to get paid ppl have a problem . i dont get that there taking time out of there off season they dont need to do this at this point. there already huge stars they should get something

soccer players do why not basketball players OH Yea
 6 years ago '08        #233
Shaz2003 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$838 | Props total: 1 1
people may not like what he said but that is the country we live in, it's a capitalist nation and he owns his name and likeness. With that being said, the Olympics is voluntary if he doesn't want to go there are probably thousands of other players that would do it for free.
 6 years ago '04        #234
NuttinNyce 
space
avatar space
space
$3,493 | Props total: 34 34
 wjcorner said:
You're comparing bragging at a dinner party to the potential of Michael Phelps game...it's not comparable
your original statement:
 wjcorner said:
Their is no honor in sitting at a committee table delegating expenses and setting up plans to pamper the athletes...
If the subject is honor it is completely comparable. You are so stuck on the players being in the wrong that you don't realize that people take pride in the behind the scenes work. You think those lighting experts aren't placing that experience on their resumes? Everybody gets an ego and reputation boost off the olympic involvement.

Athletes are playing to rep their country and their individual brand. Behind the scenes agencies are taking the job to show that they can pull off one of the greatest international events. Everybody is taking the job for their own individual prize, just because the accountant doesn't get a video game deal out of it doesn't mean he isn't gettin some type of added bonus from being involved.

Example. I'm getting e-mails from a marketing company monthly about launching new Samsung devices. Why? Because the company knows that I was involved in the original iPhone launch. Doesn't make me a better seller, doesn't mean I know the product better, but my "once in a lifetime experience" has added value to my work.
 6 years ago '11        #235
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,805 | Props total: 2668 2668
 NuttinNyce said:
your original statement:


If the subject is honor it is completely comparable. You are so stuck on the players being in the wrong that you don't realize that people take pride in the behind the scenes work. You think those lighting experts aren't placing that experience on their resumes? Everybody gets an ego and reputation boost off the olympic involvement.

Athletes are playing to rep their country and their individual brand. Behind the scenes agencies are taking the job to show that they can pull off one of the greatest international events. Everybody is taking the job for their own individual prize, just because the accountant doesn't get a video game deal out of it doesn't mean he isn't gettin some type of added bonus from being involved.

Example. I'm getting e-mails from a marketing company monthly about launching new Samsung devices. Why? Because the company knows that I was involved in the original iPhone launch. Doesn't make me a better seller, doesn't mean I know the product better, but my "once in a lifetime experience" has added value to my work.
you're arguing semantics right now, but if you really need me to break it down...

The level of honor a player gets from competing on the biggest stage for his country is NOT comparable to the level of honor the hotel planner for the athletes gets. In one aspect, you have the chance to showcase your talent in the MOST competitive playing field. You're getting world-wide recognition...being the accountant is a resume booster, but there are comparable resume boosters(being top accountant for a firm with sky rocketing stock that never operated at a loss with plenty of accolades to show your worth, for example) there is no comparable resume booster for the athlete, in the world's eyes. When you get a gold medal you are saying you/your team is the best the world as to offer. You aren't saying you're the best accountant the world has to offer, or the best party planner, when saying you worked behind the scenes for the olympics.

Do I have to break that down more?
 6 years ago '04        #236
NuttinNyce 
space
avatar space
space
$3,493 | Props total: 34 34
 wjcorner said:
you're arguing semantics right now, but if you really need me to break it down...

The level of honor a player gets from competing on the biggest stage for his country is NOT comparable to the level of honor the hotel planner for the athletes gets. In one aspect, you have the chance to showcase your talent in the MOST competitive playing field. You're getting world-wide recognition...being the accountant is a resume booster, but there are comparable resume boosters(being top accountant for a firm with sky rocketing stock that never operated at a loss with plenty of accolades to show your worth, for example) there is no comparable resume booster for the athlete, in the world's eyes. When you get a gold medal you are saying you/your team is the best the world as to offer. You aren't saying you're the best accountant the world has to offer, or the best party planner, when saying you worked behind the scenes for the olympics.

Do I have to break that down more?
I'll put it like this. Players do their job for 4 years to prove that they are worthy to showcase their talents on that grand stage. Likewise, Firms are submitting proposals to prove that they can handle being involved in this grad event.

No they are not working for the same exact level of honor across the board, but within their individual areas they are working for the same benefit of prestige. A company can set itself apart from all the others companies once it has been contracted to work with the olympics. They can say that they beat out all the other companies for the project and raise their fees because of it. An NBA player can negotiate a larger contract once he has won championships and olympic medals. It pads his NBA resume against all the other players in the league that don't have rings and medals.

BUT lets not overly hype the olympics as the qualification for labeling a player as the best the world has to offer. Lebron has a gold and bronze medal already but I've been on many sites where people are saying but where are his rings. While Kobe only has the 1 gold medal but he is called GOAT Jr.

Bottom line it is all about exposure for all parties involved. Be they on the court or in the office.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 50
Steph Kegels
121 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 44
Kevin Hart X-mad card
82 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 41
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
89 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
172 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 15
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 13
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
29 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 13
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
19 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy