Ray Allen: Players Should Be Paid to Take Part in the Olympics

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
150 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
125 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
90 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #201
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,479 | Props total: 257 257
Kick his dumb a.ss out of the NBA and the USA, fu*kin dumb fu*k, it should be an honor to represent your country!! fu*k RAY ALLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
 6 years ago '06        #202
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,479 | Props total: 257 257
 killawee said:
so we forgetting the millions of dollars the olympics make when they sell them tickets for $80????
r we forgetting he never fought for his country so why not play for his country!!
 6 years ago '11        #203
NateRight 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,447 | Props total: 699 699
this is stupid. if they get gold, which shouldn't be that hard, they get $25,000. and that's just for 40 days of work? and you already do it for a living so it's fu*king easy a.ss money. ray allen's a greedy a.ss bastard. he's acting like he never gets paid for playing basketball. plus, you're trying to tell me that playing for your country, being picked over numerous stars of other stars, and playing against the best in the world isn't a privilege?
 6 years ago '05        #204
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,401 | Props total: 676 676
 elvisfreshly said:
What happens if you get injured in the olympic and then lose money since you cant play
fu*k this fu*ked up country i would wanna get paid
this... and I thought they did get paid because they do miss out on spending time with their families and miss out on rest in the offseason... I know money is made off that Team USA gear so the players do deserve a cut of it... IMO

and like elvis said, if they blow out a knee or something, that's wages lost for that entire next season... so they need something... even if it's like 250k per player... They need something...
 6 years ago '11        #205
shutterbug 
space
space
space
$358 | Props total: 20 20
This guy...

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #206
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,401 | Props total: 676 676
 NateRight said:
this is stupid. if they get gold, which shouldn't be that hard, they get $25,000. and that's just for 40 days of work? and you already do it for a living so it's fu*king easy a.ss money. ray allen's a greedy a.ss bastard. he's acting like he never gets paid for playing basketball. plus, you're trying to tell me that playing for your country, being picked over numerous stars of other stars, and playing against the best in the world isn't a privilege?
it's not about that... it's from a business standpoint, these players are missing out on their families... what if someone gets injured playing in the olympics and can't play in the NBA anymore? that's wages lost... I'm not saying match their money for the NBA season, but throw them something more than 25k for winning (not much for A-list NBA talent)... Never knew how much they got paid by the way...
 04-12-2012, 05:48 AM         #207
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 whothebestmc said:
the incentive of playing for your country for a gold medal is payment enough... If playing for your country isn't enough for you to want to compete and you want added money than you don't deserve to be there in the first place.

Sure the training may be a pain immediately after the playoffs, but they don't force you to participate and you don't see any of the players that are on the olympic team complaining. Just the ones that wouldn't make it anyways.
lmao. you mean the same country where they treated black people as 1/3rd of a human being for hundreds of years? the one where "they" tell us to go back to a country we've never been to?

If I was in the NBA, I wouldn't do it. Let the college kids play. Football and baseball don't have olympics (maybe I'm wrong). But like someone said, its optional.
 6 years ago '04        #208
NuttinNyce 
space
space
$3,493 | Props total: 34 34
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
Its true though. They should be compensated.

People don't understand that the olympics are ran as a business. while you idiots are cheering over patriotism.......nike, puma, pepsi, coke and all these other big corporations that are partnered with the olympic games are cheering over the income they'll be generating due to their world wide advertisements.
:iagree:

Ya'll gotta stop looking at NBA players as rich crybabies and see them for the props that they are. If there is a jersey being sold with your name on the back shouldn't you get a cut? They probably would love to represent their country for patriotic reasons but when some company is using your name to make millions you have the right to want a piece.

If the olympics are strictly about patriotism and wanting to prove that your country has the best then don't let anybody profit off jersey sales. Take that money and donate it to olympic sponsored programs. Shouldn't Nike have to be just as patriotic as the NBA players?

Last edited by NuttinNyce; 04-12-2012 at 06:04 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #209
NuttinNyce 
space
space
$3,493 | Props total: 34 34
 wjcorner said:
Their is no honor in sitting at a committee table delegating expenses and setting up plans to pamper the athletes...there is honor in being the face for your country in a sporting event...I don't even see how you can't see the stark differences from each perspective.
Do you really think that those corporate guys aren't mentioning their involvement when the olympics are a major success? I can a.ssure you one of those guys will be at a dinner party bragging about how he or his company was involved the the behind the scenes work. They could've been on a committee doing the same crap for anything else in the world, but their company has involvement in the olympics.

Hell I know cats at at&t that brag about selling free bluetooth headsets so you can't tell me those guys aren't honored to be apart of history. There is honor to being the face for your country but others are honored to be the "unsung heroes" that do the bytch work to make major events go off without a hitch.
 6 years ago '10        #210
Cashis Clay 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,869 | Props total: 226 226
I feel what he's sayin...

How everyone else making money but the players cant?
 6 years ago '11        #211
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 1574 1574
isn't this his profession? why would i expect him to do this for free? this patriotism nonsense is ridiculous. even soldiers get paid to do what they do. they are without a doubt some of the bravest humans on this earth, but the military would be a fraction of its size if it was all volunteer work. and just visit one of the 80 trayvon martin threads and read a few pages. it'll become really clear why a black man might be hesitant to do something for this "great" country
 6 years ago '11        #212
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 1574 1574
 NuttinNyce said:
If the olympics are strictly about patriotism and wanting to prove that your country has the best then don't let anybody profit off jersey sales. Take that money and donate it to olympic sponsored programs. Shouldn't Nike have to be just as patriotic as the NBA players?
:applause: real talk right here. im all for this
 6 years ago '07        #213
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,377 | Props total: 13032 13032
 TheGreatDane said:
If they want "compensation" of some sorts here is how you do it. Pay them Per Diem, a daily living meal stipend, and housing and boarding while they are there.
they already do that plus money for winning
 6 years ago '05        #214
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,872 | Props total: 8394 8394
And something else about this "they are making money off their jerseys" issue. I doubt the actual Olympics makes money of their jerseys, they sell official Olympic gear. Gear with the 5 rings and such. There maybe vendors that sell the jerseys, but they make the profits off that. Not the Olympics. If you go to the 2012 shop website...you won't see team US apparel, or any other country for that matter (except for London, which is where the event will be held) the US Olympic committee are the one that make those profits from that...not the actual Olympics
 6 years ago '06        #215
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,404 | Props total: 961 961
some hurt n*ggas in this thread
 6 years ago '07        #216
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,384 | Props total: 16032 16032
 wjcorner said:
That's just supply and demand, sadly...n*ggas don't need their lives saved as often as each individual NBA licensed merchandise is sold
How many times a day do you here a siren? And they have no off season..but I hear where ya coming from.
 04-12-2012, 08:02 AM         #217
mk88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ogballer32 said:
Jesus has spoken!
 6 years ago '04        #218
dblock187s 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,822 | Props total: 2284 2284
unless usa basketball is non profit and none of them get any money then neither should the players but if usa basketball gettin money so should the player
 04-12-2012, 08:22 AM         #219
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stlcardinals19 said:
Agreed.
What if they get injured, or like he said they play into the play deep into the playoffs, they dont owe the country sh*t.......dude made some valid points, they are not machines they are human beings..........sports fanatics might as well call yourselves wanna be slavemasters the way you think you own these players
 6 years ago '04        #220
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,449 | Props total: 1445 1445
i have a solution: let top tier one n dones and rookies go. have coach k coach em up, have it sponsored by major corps so the payment issue wont violate ncaa rules.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
21 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
55 comments
1 day ago