Ray Allen: Players Should Be Paid to Take Part in the Olympics

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
191 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
135 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
219 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
10532 pageviews
250 comments

T2THEONE 859 heat pts859
space
space
$6,450 | Props total: 1678 1678

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

According to Ray Allen, the NBA and USA Basketball need to find a better way of compensating players when they sign up to play for Team USA. Reports Fox Sports: “You talk about the patriotism that guys should want to play for, but you (need to) find a way to entice the guys,’ Allen said. ‘It’s not the easiest thing in the world if you play deep in the playoffs and then you get two, three weeks off and then you start training again to play more basketball where it requires you to be away from home and in another country. It’s fun, but your body does need a break Everybody says, ‘Play for your country.’

But (NBA players are) commodities, your businesses. You think about it, you do camps in the summer, you have various opportunities to make money. When you go overseas and play basketball, you lose those opportunties, what you may make… If I’m an accountant and I get outsourced by my firm, I’m going to make some money somewhere else.’ The U.S. Olympic Committee does provide every American with $25,000 for winning a gold medal, $15,000 for a silver and $10,000 for a bronze. But Allen, while not specifying an amount, has a way he believes could result in Team USA players drawing a fair salary.

‘If it’s licensing,’ Allen said. ‘(The players) are wearing jerseys and (others, but not the players, are) making money off it. Something (should be done) just to say to the guys, ‘Hey, you guys are spending this much time, 40 days, playing basketball, we’re paying for some type service that you provide, that you’re getting some kind of kickback’… I know that you sell unlimited jerseys so I think the players should get some piece of that.

250 comments for "Ray Allen: Players Should Be Paid to Take Part in the Olympics"

6 years ago '08        #2
Deion 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,165 | Props total: 4 4
Real Spit!
 6 years ago '05        #3
ICG 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,034 | Props total: 252 252
Yeah because free travel, free clothes, and competing at the worlds biggest sports competition ain't enough

Why ray Allen acting like he broke?
 6 years ago '04        #4
Budala 418 heat pts418
space
space
$12,323 | Props total: 1283 1283
So we forgetting that those millions of dollars they make in NBA is not enough?
 6 years ago '11        #5
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,560 | Props total: 9464 9464
the incentive of playing for your country for a gold medal is payment enough... If playing for your country isn't enough for you to want to compete and you want added money than you don't deserve to be there in the first place.

Sure the training may be a pain immediately after the playoffs, but they don't force you to participate and you don't see any of the players that are on the olympic team complaining. Just the ones that wouldn't make it anyways.
 6 years ago '07        #6
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,386 | Props total: 13040 13040
now other countries hate us more. thanks ray. if you don't want to do it just to represent your country, then don't do it.
 6 years ago '05        #7
J 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,767 | Props total: 3217 3217
What a fu*king idiot.
 6 years ago '05        #8
ogballer32 401 heat pts401
space
space
$4,979 | Props total: 2550 2550
Jesus has spoken!
 6 years ago '08        #9
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,057 | Props total: 4837 4837
 whothebestmc said:
the incentive of playing for your country for a gold medal is payment enough... If playing for your country isn't enough for you to want to compete and you want added money than you don't deserve to be there in the first place.

Sure the training may be a pain immediately after the playoffs, but they don't force you to participate and you don't see any of the players that are on the olympic team complaining. Just the ones that wouldn't make it anyways.
Agreed.
 04-11-2012, 11:21 AM         #10
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cosign.....i would want to get money off anything thats sold with my name on it
 6 years ago '07        #11
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
so everybody is okay with all this money being made? If Americans want to win they should have no problems with kicking the extra bread to the players. Otherwise we have amateurs play and lose top dog status
 6 years ago '11        #12
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
lol dude is bugging....hard. n*ggas have no patriotism anymore...
 6 years ago '07        #13
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 wjcorner said:
lol dude is bugging....hard. n*ggas have no patriotism anymore...
that's impossible...how could n*ggas not have any patriotism when we built this country and get treated the worse. How about Americans are ungratefulm
 6 years ago '10        #14
JudasHatesJesus 146 heat pts146
space
space
$6,988 | Props total: 3780 3780
 Cambury said:
so everybody is okay with all this money being made? If Americans want to win they should have no problems with kicking the extra bread to the players. Otherwise we have amateurs play and lose top dog status

No sh*t. Just think about how the dunk contest is now, or even the all-star break. Players want a rest and nothing is given to them. Basically they are working for free. I know I wouldn’t want my job saying "hey, we need you to go overseas and train other people on how well you do your job but you are not going to get paid you may get some free pens and supplies and sh*t" fu*k that, I’m down with something guaranteed. Yes, they make millions and can ball harder than any of us but most of them give back to family, friends and even communities. The only thing is the ones that do give back are from areas most of us aren’t from so we don’t see it. But yeah getting 25gs would be nice for a gold medal but that would be like your boss saying you’re going to get your whole salary at the end of the year if you do a flawless job, would you be down for that? I know I wouldn’t.
 6 years ago '11        #15
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 Cambury said:
that's impossible...how could n*ggas not have any patriotism when we built this country and get treated the worse. How about Americans are ungratefulm
so now we're taking credit for ancestral labor??? this n*gga is in the top tax bracket but he's treated the worst???
 6 years ago '11        #16
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 JShuttles20 said:

No sh*t. Just think about how the dunk contest is now, or even the all-star break. Players want a rest and nothing is given to them. Basically they are working for free. I know I wouldn’t want my job saying "hey, we need you to go overseas and train other people on how well you do your job but you are not going to get paid you may get some free pens and supplies and sh*t" fu*k that, I’m down with something guaranteed. Yes, they make millions and can ball harder than any of us but most of them give back to family, friends and even communities. The only thing is the ones that do give back are from areas most of us aren’t from so we don’t see it. But yeah getting 25gs would be nice for a gold medal but that would be like your boss saying you’re going to get your whole salary at the end of the year if you do a flawless job, would you be down for that? I know I wouldn’t.
their job isn't telling them to do anything...this is like going to the hospital and going in on them for allowing volunteers...sh*t is completely voluntary...y'know, something people with integrity and actual national pride would take an honor in doing for free
 6 years ago '07        #17
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 wjcorner said:
so now we're taking credit for ancestral labor??? this n*gga is in the top tax bracket but he's treated the worst???
that's like saying when Saddam was in place those citizens were unpatriotic because they didnt like their country or the Cubans who didnt like Castro were unpatriotic because they left. A black man could never be unpatrioti because the country was built on our backs and we get treated like 3rd and 4th class citizens.
 6 years ago '11        #18
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
space
$23,072 | Props total: 313 313
What happens if you get injured in the olympic and then lose money since you cant play
fu*k this fu*ked up country i would wanna get paid
 6 years ago '07        #19
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 wjcorner said:
their job isn't telling them to do anything...this is like going to the hospital and going in on them for allowing volunteers...sh*t is completely voluntary...y'know, something people with integrity and actual national pride would take an honor in doing for free
yEa but these players make money off of entertainment. If the pros turned down the olympics there would be a public outry. It wouldnt be as simple as Obama announcing tryouts and putting the cutlist on the white house door. So basically pros are kind of forced to do it or they are looked at in a negative way. It was one of the reasons in 2000 and 2004 people disliked Kobe because he said he never was going to do the dreamteam. Noone respect the fact that he wanted to rest and do his thing.
 6 years ago '11        #20
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 Cambury said:
that's like saying when Saddam was in place those citizens were unpatriotic because they didnt like their country or the Cubans who didnt like Castro were unpatriotic because they left. A black man could never be unpatrioti because the country was built on our backs and we get treated like 3rd and 4th class citizens.
you're comparing the average black man's lifestyle in this country to that of a 3rd world country...you know n*ggas were k!lled and tortured for simply having different political views right? You'd be k!lled for talking like THIS over there
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
45 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
47 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
154 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy