Nicki Minaj Comes In At Number 1 With 252k Sold

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-11-2012, 06:31 AM         #101
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NaMeLeSs- said:
Adele
didn't her album come out over a year ago, and she still pushin 150K a week.
 6 years ago '04        #102
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,753 | Props total: 1569 1569
She's Gonna go plat don't understand how its a flop, trash? Yes but its not a flop
 6 years ago '12        #103
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
 WorldsStrangest said:

[pic - click to view]

But on the real... This is a flop dnt look at the number one spot... shiit Game had a number one album a year ago but the numbers was all kinds of fuccked up. Nicky is a very big artist, the numbers is a result of you believing you can throw whateva the fucck you want at the public and they will buy it. This is what happens when you portray yourself as a hiphop artist and make pop songs the same shiit happened to Beyonce. Black artists need to stop trying to follow trends n stick to the shiit they know, from the top you can only go down and when you go down nobody wants to fucck with you.

Nicky can release all the singles she want she's now an average artist, n her 1st album sold more than Drake's because it was sold for less do your research. Anyway i'm not a fan of her music coz she aint hiphop
 6 years ago '06        #104
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
 Matrix said:
Flop!!!!!
 tonystarks21 said:
FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

this bi*ch is wack how the fu*k do you sell less when your twice as popular

that what happens when you put out wack music and abandon your urban fan base

and people say black fans aint important to a artist because they don't buy music, well I guess they do
 04-11-2012, 08:19 AM         #105
NotInThisTown 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k the hood rat, I'm usually against Boxdens hatred type of mentality but everyone should bash her by the music she's just making.
 04-11-2012, 08:46 AM         #106
kevante 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Haters out in full force
 6 years ago '06        #107
PoetikTrev 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,691 | Props total: 71 71
 Hold That said:
As a female rap artist this is still impressive.
Minaj a rap artist?
 6 years ago '04        #108
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,683 | Props total: 11343 11343
7 pages of mostly grown men hating on a female artist....

check yourselves. it aint that serious.
 04-11-2012, 09:03 AM         #109
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Beginning of the End...
 6 years ago '05        #110
jiggaman85 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,864 | Props total: 164 164
I don't think one can be happy that Nicki Minaj flopped.. She's still hot and I still think that she can spit if she want. I didn't like her new music, but as all of you can notice, neither her fans.
 04-11-2012, 09:08 AM         #111
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
she will have longevity, hopefully this brings her back down to reality and stop thinking that outside the box sh*t helps you sale records..........., its the music always has been and always will be, that gimmick sh*t is just for the entertainment aspect, and if that backfires then you really have nothing if your music sucks.
 04-11-2012, 09:35 AM         #112
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimyellow said:
FLOP????? Either you n*ggas are crazy as sh*t or you just hate her so much that you think selling 250k in the FIRST week is a flop.
J. Cole had the same first week sales & people said he flopped
but since this Nicki this isn't a flop now, only on BX

In other new how is Adele old a.ss album still sellin 151k tho
 6 years ago '11        #113
Kid Cunner 400 heat pts400
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 2 2
Something I just noticed. While her total sales first week in the U.S. are a little lower, look at how she debuted in other countries as well. So overall, WORLDWIDE, she improved by a lot. She's debuted #1 in 4 countries, Japan makes the 4th that isn't listed on this wiki chart. Lol at people saying this flopped

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #114
PrinceDeville25 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,165 | Props total: 460 460
YALL n*ggaS ARE f*ggotS TRYNA DEFEND THIS bi*ch. YES SHE FLOPPED. SHE WAS EXPECTED TO DO MORE. YALL SHOULD BE HAPPY. ARENT YALL TIRED OF HEARING ALL THIS BULLsh*t??? IT'S NOT GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING BUT STILL,

WHAT THE fu*k U DEFENDING HER FOR???
 6 years ago '10        #115
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,865 | Props total: 20853 20853
If selling 350k first then going down 250k the next time around despite her new album not catering to her core fan base & instead a much larger region, then I would love to flop

People really, really don't understand the best part of a being a rapper like 50 cent or Nicki Minaj or Jay-Z. No matter what they do first week they will sell like hot cakes internationally. Y'all don't realize that if 50 said fu*k it I'ma just live in Japan & make albums that he's gonna sell?

Look at fu*king Mya for christ sakes

Bottom line 250k in this era of record sales & especially with a female rapper that is great. I don't think Missy Elliott will even do 100k when she drops her next album.

PrinceDeville25 said:
YALL n*ggaS ARE f*ggotS TRYNA DEFEND THIS bi*ch. YES SHE FLOPPED. SHE WAS EXPECTED TO DO MORE. YALL SHOULD BE HAPPY. ARENT YALL TIRED OF HEARING ALL THIS BULLsh*t??? IT'S NOT GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING BUT STILL,

So basically you're mad that it's not a circle jerk female bash thread & everybody who is trying to have a logical & civil discussion is a f*ggot & gay because we're not cracking lame jokes with the cliche 10 year old boxden mentality.

Y'all need to grow the fu*k up.

Last edited by Agentzer0oo0; 04-11-2012 at 09:56 AM..
 6 years ago '11        #116
Kid Cunner 400 heat pts400
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 2 2
 PrinceDeville25 said:

#1 in four countries, top 5 in three others is a flop? Really?
 04-11-2012, 10:06 AM         #117
Stayburnin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
those are still good numbers. when she was first out i would tell u she would never get to 50k so il give her props even though i wouldnt even consider her a rapper anymore but the most impressive thing is that adele is still doin major numbers.
 6 years ago '11        #118
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,857 | Props total: 1454 1454
With the way the sales climate is in music in general, 252K is not a bad number to start out the gate in the first week. I wouldn't call it a flop but it should be kind of disappointing to her marketing team and label depending upon their sales expectations for this album.

I ain't no sales expert but, compared to what Nikki did on her first album in the first week & what she did in the first week for this new album is kind of telling a story though. If she has a large drop off in sales the following week then it should tell the story.

(not defending her but I'm just trying to use some logic. Really don't care for her music)
 04-11-2012, 10:43 AM         #119
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
If selling 350k first then going down 250k the next time around despite her new album not catering to her core fan base & instead a much larger region, then I would love to flop

People really, really don't understand the best part of a being a rapper like 50 cent or Nicki Minaj or Jay-Z. No matter what they do first week they will sell like hot cakes internationally. Y'all don't realize that if 50 said fu*k it I'ma just live in Japan & make albums that he's gonna sell?
50 cent has never sold more albums in another country than in the US. ever. neither has any charting rap artist, so that's an incredibly invalid point when "selling like hot cakes" still equates to selling less than here, but you're using it to defend her sh*tty sales here...
 6 years ago '10        #120
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,280 | Props total: 23789 23789
 NaMeLeSs- said:
Adele
Home      

most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
62 comments
1 day ago