Nicki Minaj Comes In At Number 1 With 252k Sold

most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
193 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #61
PUCCIOMNI 
space
space
$227 | Props total: 0 0
Shr just made history & u dummies talking flop
 6 years ago '04        #62
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
 PUCCIOMNI said:
Shes far from a flop shes the first & only female rapper to have her album debut #1
& the album is not only #1 in US & UK but also on the world charts.
WINNING
First week #s mean nothing Adele only did 200k her 1st week
U n*ggas know nothing

[pic - click to view]

this didn't happen?

she was singing and rapping just as much
 6 years ago '09        #63
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 74 74
next week will be 70% drop off
 6 years ago '04        #64
PUCCIOMNI 
space
space
Lol @ yall comparing her to Jeezy & Cole those guys sold that their 1st week & its a wrap for them. Nicki has several singles to release. Drake did more than her with Thank Me Later & she ended up outselling him in 6 months. Female Pop stars sell gradually IE Pink, Rihanna, Katy they all sold a little over 200k with #1 hits & ended up doing 2 million.
 6 years ago '04        #65
PUCCIOMNI 
space
space
 justinjones said:

[pic - click to view]

this didn't happen?

she was singing and rapping just as much

I meant to say in the UK
 6 years ago '12        #66
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,988 | Props total: 1259 1259
 slimyellow said:
FLOP????? Either you n*ggas are crazy as sh*t or you just hate her so much that you think selling 250k in the FIRST week is a flop.

She didn't even come close to her first week sales on her first album
 6 years ago '05        #67
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,949 | Props total: 6186 6186
I don't understand the life of me how n*ggaz can hate. Man I like her hustle I hope she succeed and her sh*t bump hard in my new whip. But bx is full of a lot of gay a.ss n*ggaz.
 6 years ago '04        #68
SiqkWidaPen|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,305 | Props total: 618 618
 Left Hook said:
252K is good for the industry standard, but for Nicki Minaj, it probably isn't quite what she or YMCMB expected. You can't deny it, 252K for Nicki and her pop songs (which, by the way, has been flooding the radio from the time her debut dropped, to Super Bass, to this album), is a "flop".

I mean, really, she sold just a little more than J. Cole, and J. Cole had little buzz relative to Nicki's.
super bass, was on her last cd, the singles for this cd...stupid hoe, roman holiday, didnt really generate the buzz they were looking for or get the play they wanted, with her dropping beez in the trap, and that bonus track turn me on(which is k!lling the dance charts) shes prob gonna reach plat in about 6 months i mean that whole second half of that cd is filled with pop singles, and when the song with her and cb drops its a wrap...

and like someone else said, her last cd dropped on black friday... that was a holiday present
 6 years ago '10        #69
Troublesome91 48 heat pts48
space
space
$5,404 | Props total: 2564 2564
not a flop but

6 years ago '04        #70
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 102 102
 slimyellow said:
FLOP????? Either you n*ggas are crazy as sh*t or you just hate her so much that you think selling 250k in the FIRST week is a flop.
technically no other hot or good new records debuted in the same week, its natural to sell that much. with the female rappers creeping out of the alleys nowadays i think her whole "copy lady gaga/weird voices" schtick is gonna be tired. i dont see her talent, and ever since she dissed ny i lost what little respect i had for her. missy elliot, eve, mc lyte, queen latifah > nicki. if straight men listen to her music they can now consider themselves c*ck sucking f*ggots.
 04-10-2012, 10:39 PM         #71
majormedicalboI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its not a flop but its not what she suppose to do based on all the hype around her wack a.ss music
 6 years ago '08        #72
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,580 | Props total: 17251 17251
Looks like a win, those pop singles will do Platinum numbers, I still say she should of call the album
something else the name makes no sense, it didn't come out on Black Friday and if you think about it this album came out to fast after the first one. November 11 to April 2012 that gap is way to short, should of saved it for July, make them fiend to eat her pus*y.

Either way she will do world tour money and still gets all the "female rap artist" money since no other exists, next up has to be a movie where she spreads her a.ss and shows it off in the big screen, she knows people want to see her a.ss and she saving that sh*t for a big moment big pus*y Onika always thinks big.

Last edited by The N; 04-10-2012 at 10:46 PM..
 04-10-2012, 10:51 PM         #73
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cankstoochie said:
that has sh*t to do with nothing. eminem used to release his albums around May-June and still sold platinum first week.
Releasing music during the 4th quarter, which has been the highest selling point of the year for music, for the past 50-60 years, compared to releasing music in the beginning of the 2nd quarter, doesnt matter?

Retail period does better in the 4th quarter of the year. What kind of simple sh*t dumbass way of thinking is this?! Now youre comparing Nicki Minaj to Eminem

Sounds like a group of individuals on boxden had higher expectations for Nicki Minaj than she or her label did. When they certify her platinum i'll be sure to make the thread
 04-10-2012, 10:55 PM         #74
Cowboys All Day 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This Adele sh*t is a god damn conspiracy, I swear on my momma man... nobody can keep takin W's that consistently....
 6 years ago '10        #75
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 SH00K_0NE said:
not a flop but

6 years ago '10        #76
rek0nize 66 heat pts66
space
space
$9,247 | Props total: 1296 1296
lmaooo @ ppl calling it a flop cuz they seething over them albums sold.
 6 years ago '11        #77
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
The people her defending her are missing the point. Last year she was just "that phatass rapping bi*ch" Nicki Minaj and sold 350k, now she's international popstar Nicki Minaj and sells 250k with all the promotion in the world. Is a #1 album good? Yes. But she should be selling more than that in her 1st week.

But if she drops off next week like most hip hop (we know she's pop, but the rest of the world considers her a rapper) then this wont be a multi-platinum album for her but she still has the potential to have platinum singles, even though the pop songs on her album are wack to me, females are gonna eat that "Marilyn Monroe" track up.
 04-10-2012, 11:16 PM         #78
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it's not a flop in general but it was a flop for her, if you're honestly going to say that a bigger artist with more buzz who was talking about how she's going to sell millions doing LESS than her first artist, you're an idiot stfu.
 6 years ago '10        #79
GriffMcfly 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,500 | Props total: 50 50
 MemphBleek05 said:
Adele still doing numbers.....
I seen that too
 6 years ago '11        #80
TooMuchSulli 34 heat pts34
space
space
$1,709 | Props total: 0 0
J.Cole won

Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
87 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
92 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
71 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
64 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
56 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy