Nicki Minaj Comes In At Number 1 With 252k Sold

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
74 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
35 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #21
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,567 | Props total: 4444 4444
Why you n*ggas comparing her to J Cole and Jeezy when in the end you know she's gonna pass them in sales...Cole is barely gold if that and Jeezy ain't platinum either even after them big first weeks.
 6 years ago '11        #22
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,518 | Props total: 38 38
 drumgangP said:
The question I have for people is....If this album sales MORE than the first one, or turns out to be the highest selling Pop/Rap album of this quarter....Are we still gonna call it a flop?
It will hit platinum but I dont see it selling more than the 1st one. Its a couple joints on the album that I can see being huge singles though.
 6 years ago '04        #23
dosis 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,008 | Props total: 122 122
even though, she has become a bigger artist since her debut, 250k isnt a flop because she came out with the album in april...when she came out with pink friday it was on the same day as kanye west and it was the week after black friday..artists' always sell more at the end of the year (november/december) due to the fact that people are out doing their holiday shopping..people dont buy albums early in the year, that is why if an artist's cd doesnt come out by the end of the year, the next reasonable date the label will think about releasing the album is in the spring or in the summer..that is why we have so many albums coming out late in the year every year and a drought in music besides mixtape early to the middle of the year.if tm103 didnt come out in december, jeezy wouldve probably only sold 100k.holiday sales helped him and always help every other artist out alot..when ross sh*t didnt come out,i already knew it wouldnt come out till late spring or in the summer and as we can see, he still hasnt been given a release date yet..nicki will still go platinum cause she has so many singles she could put out from the cd and her album sells like an rnb/pop cd, meaning it will consistently sell well every week like pink friday did in outselling kanye west

Last edited by dosis; 04-10-2012 at 05:09 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #24
Keno 19 heat pts19
space
space
$7,031 | Props total: 4857 4857
boxden so full of hate
 6 years ago '05        #25
_Player2 208 heat pts208
space
space
$13,407 | Props total: 9256 9256
 Laronla said:
Ghetto n*gga puttin up J cole numbers

6 years ago '11        #26
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 drumgangP said:
The question I have for people is....If this album sales MORE than the first one, or turns out to be the highest selling Pop/Rap album of this quarter....Are we still gonna call it a flop?
and what if she doesn't

I guess we have to wait in see you never know
 6 years ago '10        #27
trex 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$2,782 | Props total: 194 194
 drumgangP said:
Now youre calling her a Pop Artist when you spent the past 2 weeks claiming she wasnt Pop.

She just sold more than Katy Perry and Keshas first week sales on their last discs, and theyre both double plat. Sounds like for a Pop Artist shes in great company, glad you agree
Let's be serious...considering the ridiculous amount of promotion she received and her rise in stature, it's pretty bad that she could not match her first album.

Typically that's the litmus test. If your debut was successful, your second album should make a statement both in terms of quality and performance.

Look at Drake. Above all, her competition is herself. But it's cool if we want to dance around that.
 6 years ago '04        #28
badboy600 15 heat pts15
space
space
$5,357 | Props total: 1575 1575
Marketing was terrible. That Stupid hoe track was a dumb lead in single. then the Grammy debacle happened. She had no songs in rotation on urban radio until beez in the trap dropped a week before the album dropped. By then it was too late. The casual rap fan had already dissmissed the album as pop garbage. That why you see so many people on facebook and twitter saying that her album is better then they thought it would be. With her level of fame right now she should have done no less then 400 out the gate
 6 years ago '10        #29
trex 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
 drumgangP said:
Only time will tell...always hard to predict. True that the album could have legs but all depends on the singles.

I think execs are definitely hoping for this. They didn't have all that promo, including that gigantic grammy performance, American Idol appearance just to sell 20k more than Jeezy.
 04-10-2012, 05:34 PM         #30
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 trex said:
Let's be serious...considering the ridiculous amount of promotion she received and her rise in stature, it's pretty bad that she could not match her first album.

Typically that's the litmus test. If your debut was successful, your second album should make a statement both in terms of quality and performance.

Look at Drake. Above all, her competition is herself. But it's cool if we want to dance around that.
Her competition would only be herself if she was the only one releasing music. 250K+ for a hip hop record on a major label is a win in 2012, for a Pop record its a phenomenal effort. Lets see if her label chalks this up as a loss, or if the general public considers a #1 album debut as a "flop"

Only on boxden does a #1 album = a flop lol. From an industry standpoint, and a business standpoint shes doing excellent. She has a world tour setup for this album, shes about to do numbers in countries who didnt even know the name Nicki Minaj 10 months ago, and shes going to generate more revenue off this album than she more than likely has totaled thus far.
 04-10-2012, 05:35 PM         #31
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 trex said:
Only time will tell...always hard to predict. True that the album could have legs but all depends on the singles.

I think execs are definitely hoping for this. They didn't have all that promo, including that gigantic grammy performance, American Idol appearance just to sell 20k more than Jeezy.
Selling more than Jeezy, an artist with multiple platinum/gold albums/singles and a tenured act is a bad thing?

Well damn, I never knew

H-y-p-e-b-e-a-s-t
 6 years ago '05        #32
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
252k will never be a flop but for all the hype u would think she would have a bigger 1st week. wayne did a mill nick only does 252??? i didnt think there gap was that different . but she will go plat in a month or so and will have mult plat singles so its a win overall. but u would think she could do close to gold 1st week.
 6 years ago '04        #33
badboy600 15 heat pts15
space
space
$5,357 | Props total: 1575 1575
 drumgangP said:
Selling more than Jeezy, an artist with multiple platinum/gold albums/singles and a tenured act is a bad thing?

Well damn, I never knew

H-y-p-e-b-e-a-s-t
When your label mate does 700k it kinda is
 6 years ago '10        #34
trex 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
 drumgangP said:
Her competition would only be herself if she was the only one releasing music. 250K+ for a hip hop record on a major label is a win in 2012, for a Pop record its a phenomenal effort. Lets see if her label chalks this up as a loss, or if the general public considers a #1 album debut as a "flop"

Only on boxden does a #1 album = a flop lol. From an industry standpoint, and a business standpoint shes doing excellent. She has a world tour setup for this album, shes about to do numbers in countries who didnt even know the name Nicki Minaj 10 months ago, and shes going to generate more revenue off this album than she more than likely has totaled thus far.
Obviously it's a success. Any #1 album is a success.

But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that this is 100k less than her debut and that the album received a huge amount of promotion compared to others that performed in the same ballpark.

Personally I'm just happy that it seems to reflect her abandonment of the urban audience. That's cool and all but now she'll have to drive long-term success through single success....kinda like other pop artists.
 04-10-2012, 06:04 PM         #35
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

"250K?? FLOP! that bi*ch should be doin WAY more than that first week. Nicki lost"

:hmm: but what if it DID do way mo like them n*ggas said it should?

"550K?? Birdman buyin albums. no WAY she doin them numbers. Hip Hop Lost"

see that way no matter what they git to sh*t on YMCMB. da game is rigged. Bx >>>
 6 years ago '11        #36
Kid Cunner 400 heat pts400
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 2 2
 Kingpin 313 said:
Jeezy sold more

A trap rapper selling more than a pop artist?

[pic - click to view]

Jeezy sold 233k first week.
 6 years ago '10        #37
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053
space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
 Kid Cunner said:
Jeezy sold 233k first week.
without attention whoring doing dumb sh*t.
 6 years ago '11        #38
space
space
Disappointment? Yes. Flop? Lol. At least this debunks the tired "Birdman buys all the albums" excuse. Yall are pretty terrible though. Had she sold a lot, yall blame it on Birdman. She sells 250k which is still very good for hip hop artists today, and yall yell FLOP. The same ones yelling flop are the same ones who say "sales don't matter". Well if they don't matter when you do good, then why all of a sudden do they matter when somebody does less than expected? Kinda hypocritical, but that's hip hop fans in general. She'll still go platinum, I guess that's a flop in 2012?
 6 years ago '11        #39
space
space
 Athavan 789 said:
without attention whoring doing dumb sh*t.
That's fine, I was just correcting him.
 6 years ago '04        #40
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,558 | Props total: 2409 2409
Adele gonna be eating off her album for the next few years.

As for Nicki, well...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy