Curren$y 'Stoned Immaculate' Cover Contest

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
251 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
152 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
123 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-10-2012, 11:34 PM         #81
NeoDaMatrix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
i never said you was hating....im just waiting on you to show me something
heres some mad old sh*t.. i lost a lot of my old work :banghead:

ive done web layouts, covers, wallpapers, sigs etc. whatever.. i just get real lazy

anyways like i said i lost most my work (some of these are wallpapers and are resized as i dont have the originals anymore)

something more recent & unfinished:

[pic - click to view]

im just getting into illustrator so once i get that down im pretty much golden. i like the way you draw yours do u have a tablet or what?
 6 years ago '04        #82
Drug Free|M 11 heat pts11
space
space
$49,202 | Props total: 1360 1360
 justinjones said:

true,

but its almost no different that deviantart having a contest every other month
except 1 person is gonna get 500 dollars and an autograph and the record label/currensy is gonna make 10x+ that.
 04-10-2012, 11:39 PM         #83
Conscious Pilot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Eyyyeahhh
 6 years ago '11        #84
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 NeoDaMatrix said:
heres some mad old sh*t.. i lost a lot of my old work :banghead:

ive done web layouts, covers, wallpapers, sigs etc. whatever.. i just get real lazy

anyways like i said i lost most my work (some of these are wallpapers and are resized as i dont have the originals anymore)

something more recent & unfinished:

[pic - click to view]

im just getting into illustrator so once i get that down im pretty much golden. i like the way you draw yours do u have a tablet or what?
Decent sh*t. I'm not sure if you were comin at Justin because his stuff was good for a beginner but yours looks the same way. I see a couple filters here & there as well as simple blending modes being switched up, nothing too intricate. Nothing wrong with that tho.

Besides that simple Nas - nasty cover I did I haven't done much in a while, I got mad lazy too

The last piece I'm proud to show off I guess is a sig...

[pic - click to view]

Though I could've done the gradient maps better & the lighting is slightly off in the middle. The text is ridiculously lazy & blending overall could've been done better. This is just to let you know I DO make my own sh*t tho...
 6 years ago '08        #85
gagethedesigner 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,742 | Props total: 366 366
gotta get in on this
 6 years ago '08        #86
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
space
$6,673 | Props total: 397 397

[pic - click to view]

As a designer, $500? meh I'll pass

I'm going with Jones, just remember with text that less is more, especially when you have a dramatic backdrop.
 6 years ago '10        #87
Casso Dinero 
space
space
space
$251 | Props total: 2 2

[pic - click to view]

Wassup ya'll. Damn, I say one thing and I'm getting sh*tted on.

Ciggavelli said:
Justin does good sh*t, but we're all forgetting about the professional graphic artists that are gonna be all over this sh*t. It will be some stiff competition. Good luck to all BX submissions though
Exactly.

NeoDaMatrix said:
cause they ride u so hard, first reply was dude riding u tell me im wrong.. ur not that nice.. the proof is in the pudding. ur avy is the original fontwork cause urs is trash (as seen on the other one you put up) ur vectors are very sub par (i've seen better) whats the sh*t behind spitta in your avy? are those clouds? are they blob brushes. swear half your work doesnt make sense or is random. keep it up tho
 Casso Dinero said:
haha, nah I'm probably going to make one for fun. But you got this one in the bag tho. *salutes*
I don't see how I was sweating him. I was just giving him props. Dude makes alot Curren$y covers, so I'm pretty sure he knows what direction he going with it. That's all I was saying.

Fresh Whyte said:
[b]

Justin Got My Support Cause He Forever Throwing Together A Spitta Cover For His Project For The fu*k of It. Those Covers Have Been Getting Asked About For A Cool Minute. 3 Million & Counting Have Seen His Artwork. Why You Think The Contest Was Made? Warner Bros Have Seen The Artwork & Decide To Let The Fans Have A Jab & Take Control.
^This

Drug Free said:
and as for casso or hkcovers or whatever...they are both extremely wasting their time making singles for everything. i highly doubt they get any major paying business. if they do it for fun, cool...but at some point if u really trying to do this..u gotta stop that sh*t and learn some business sense.
I don't see it as a waste of time, I see it as practice. I get clients off of that, so it's not like I'm doing this all for free. I just said I'm not entering this contest because I don't have the time to do it. But I see where you're coming from tho and if you have advice on the business side of things, please share. I didn't graduate so I can just make free sh*t all the time.

*goes back to work*

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Casso Dinero; 04-11-2012 at 05:06 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #88
xisthatruth 
space
space
space
$166 | Props total: 28 28
 Casso Dinero said:

[pic - click to view]

Wassup ya'll. Damn, I say one thing and I'm getting sh*tted on.

Exactly.

I don't see how I was sweating him. I was just giving him props. Dude makes alot Curren$y covers, so I'm pretty sure he knows what direction he going with it. That's all I was saying.

^This

I don't see it as a waste of time, I see it as practice. I get clients off of that, so it's not like I'm doing this all for free. I just said I'm not entering this contest because I don't have the time to do it. But I see where you're coming from tho and if you have advice on the business side of things, please share. I didn't graduate so I can just make free sh*t all the time.

*goes back to work*

[pic - click to view]

yooo what show are those obama gifs from? i seen em before, they got me rollin
 6 years ago '10        #89
Casso Dinero 
space
space
space
$251 | Props total: 2 2
 xisthatruth said:
yooo what show are those obama gifs from? i seen em before, they got me rollin
I don't know where the skateboard gif came from. I think the one where he kicked in the door is from SNL or one of the late night shows.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '09        #90
YungPrinceNY 474 heat pts474
space
space
space
$6,244 | Props total: 621 621

[pic - click to view]

04-14-2012, 04:07 PM         #91
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow at the blatant hate that went on in this thread. First of all if youre here to drop constructive criticism, then cool, criticize the man all day...We all need that in life with whatever we do...but for you to come in here pointing fingers at his work saying this, that, and the third is 'trash' and so on....You look jealous....And for the record I'm signed with a reputable/worldwide known DJ that has worked with quite a few designers on this forum...Not to name names, but not all of you so called 'professionals' that are on here do good business...Hell one the ones off this site I paid to do my logo didnt even finish the sh*t....Justin has a good rep, he has good quality work that people swear by, and hes actually worked with a member of the Jet Life team already....They know the mans work, and they respect it...and from the conversation I had with the people over there that I know...the guys being considered, and they respect it. Whether or not he gets chosen is up to whatever process they go through...but they are rooting for him to win.

Its sad to log on, open this thread, and see anything but well wishes and people saying good luck...Dude aint take no food off your plate, he didnt even come in here all c*cky/confident on some sh*t like he was better than the next man...So its no need for you to come in here trying to shoot the guy down. What he eat dont make you sh*t, costs you nothing to pay him no mind, blah blah blah...

Ultimately you need to get a life, let the guy rock, and if you support em, support em, if not? Continue doing to do your work and mind your own.

And for the record the guy who criticized him so hard put up quite a bit of work that aint nowhere near the level of what i've seen Justin do. Not to sh*t on you homie, but get your jumpshot right before you criticize the next n*gga.

And GmenGFX is a cool n*gga. I respect his work and have seen it used by business partners of mine. Just wanted to clarify that too, hes good folks

Last edited by drumgangP; 04-14-2012 at 04:10 PM..
 04-14-2012, 04:12 PM         #92
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Drug Free said:
except 1 person is gonna get 500 dollars and an autograph and the record label/currensy is gonna make 10x+ that.
Thats cool and all. But the guy stands to get an extra 500 bucks in his pocket for sh*t he does in his free time/off time. Getting paid to do something hes done on this site time and time again for free cant be a loss....Who cares what the rapper/label makes off him, thats none of his damn business.
 04-14-2012, 04:13 PM         #93
pabloescobarjr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this whole contest seems amateur to me. he is signed to a major label.. this is like something a myspace rapper with 400 friends would do.
 04-14-2012, 04:17 PM         #94
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pabloescobarjr said:
this whole contest seems amateur to me. he is signed to a major label.. this is like something a myspace rapper with 400 friends would do.
He has a distribution deal with a major label. Promo packages, and multiple things like this more than likely come out of his own pocket and/or his investors. He isnt on the typical type deal that most artists would sign.

Distribution deals just mean theyre gonna distribute you...Everything else is your own doing
 04-14-2012, 04:18 PM         #95
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
as much as you,drumgang and anybody else be tweeting to jet life im sure that is how it happened

not counting the fact i seen people post it on blogs and use it on flyers and sh!t. honestly when i started doing it i thought it would just be on bx
You already know, every time one of them n*ggas start talking about doing a mixtape I started plugging you. I dont mind seeing the next man eat, its a good thing when someone gets paid for their talent
 04-14-2012, 04:18 PM         #96
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YungPrinceNY said:

[pic - click to view]

Your name on facebook is 'Cliff Po'. n*ggas peeped you, we see you homie, keep it up.

Link me to the "G Mix Magazine" article you got featured in or w/e. Seen you do good work on things and people talk about you, we need to chop it up.
 6 years ago '05        #97
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #98
beeboywhoo 38 heat pts38
space
space
$4,191 | Props total: 2361 2361
^ i kinda fu*k with that ... reminds me a lot like the huf socks tho

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by beeboywhoo; 04-15-2012 at 09:55 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #99
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 beeboywhoo said:
^ i kinda fu*k with that ... reminds me a lot like the huf socks tho
yeah got the print idea off that hat he's wearing in THAT studio session when Wale was doing whatever the fu*k he was doing.
 6 years ago '05        #100
~~S.L.I.M.~~ 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,084 | Props total: 223 223
good luck to all the designers...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
73 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
30 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
106 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
101 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
38 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy