Is the Industry Blackballing 50 Cent? - Interesting Read

most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
67 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith has a supreme shooting sleeve
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #121
The S-Word 
space
space
$3,678 | Props total: 1300 1300
...Now that I think about it, 50 was in a kind of 'damned if I do, damned if I don't' situation almost his entire career. Like someone else said, he came (back) into the game and blew up while being blackballed by murder Inc (It's a known fact that Irv Gotti was behind the blackballing), which resulted in his refusal to kiss other rappers' a.sses the way Wayne, for example, does, he was accused of 'dividing' New York Hip-Hop (As if it wasn't already divided/a prime example of 'Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians),' despite the fact that New York rappers have always (Let me say that again--always) beefed with each other and let their egos get in the way of squashing sh!t and working together, yet 50 gets blamed for all that?

That being said, if he is being blackballed, then it's because of all the sh!t-talking, weak singles ('Straight to the Bank,' 'Get Up,' 'Outlaw,' and 'I'm On It?' Really, 50?), and manufactured beefs, not for refusing to collaborate with a bunch of artists who probably never liked him anyway. Hell, all of his critics in this thread wouldn't a.ssociate or work with people they knew didn't like them, either.

Deetee said:
So your a sell-out for " endorsing sh*t and making video games"?.

That kind of backwards thinking would get you no where.
...Especially when all the Southern rappers he d!ckrides so much have all 'sold out--' My bad, I mean 'branched out' in one way or another. Funny how that got left out.
 6 years ago '04        #122
youngmic 407 heat pts407
space
space
$28,402 | Props total: 29580 29580
 BLUE JACK$ON said:
50 was on the verge of going on a 2 Pac rant exposing D'EVILS.Jimmy wasnt gonna let that sh*t happen again.It was either k!ll 50 or k!ll his following.
wow at this groupie...

6 years ago '10        #123
ARosary 47 heat pts47
space
space
$9,784 | Props total: 2882 2882
Hella of read & thread.

What was crazy was all the people trying to drop jewels to him. From Farrakhan to even Master P & you can tell M.P's was out of sincerity.
-I'll never forget that call with him & styles tho. That article was right, I think that got to him more than a lot of things. See Styles was trying to tell him...you forgot about the streets & the streets really dont know who u are anymore. Styles P was saying it dont matter what happends to his album or if it gets pushed back cause the streets is ALWAYS gonna show love & respect to him (which is true).

Not a knock of 50 or anything cause I do respect that man's hustle & some of his moves. But he moved to quickly from 1 thing to another & stabbed too many backs that eventually the dagger had to hit him but in his heart. He could re-introduce g-unit keeping it to a max of 5 members....but their albums were trash (in my opinion) & im quite sure Banks wouldnt fu*k with it seeing that he is more successful (musically speaking) than 50 is now. Like they say tho-to whom much is given, much is expected
 6 years ago '07        #124
hpu413 3 heat pts
space
space
$698 | Props total: 0 0
 tupacnasfan said:
Not this time, 5-0 is done, because he is a piece of crap and a joke, just like lil gayne will be next.
So you've never heard of "crab mentality", right?
 6 years ago '05        #125
_Player2 208 heat pts208
space
space
$13,407 | Props total: 9256 9256
50 crossed over too far commercially and alienated his fanbase with too much "beef"

the casual white rap fan stopped believing and respecting his street character/image and that was the beginning of the end IMO
 6 years ago '05        #126
_Player2 208 heat pts208
space
space
$13,407 | Props total: 9256 9256
 tupacnasfan said:
And he's been doing that since how to rob, 5-0's lucky pun isn't alive today to see this.
that's cause he started to "beef" with cats like Kanye West
 6 years ago '04        #127
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,608 | Props total: 1775 1775
 justinjones said:
so him not having a hit solo single in him is not a reason

right. Everythings not a damn conspiracy. The fact is 50 aint had a hot song in years. When u aint hot, dis sh*t happens
 6 years ago '12        #128
DontHateDaGreat 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,358 | Props total: 2100 2100
 Ant McQueen said:

I think folks would rather scream foul play (blackball) than to just admit that son lost his edge. All he has to do is make something fresh and people would check it out. Hell, when Curtis was coming out Straight To The Bank wasn't doing too well. 50 recognized that and dropped I Get Money at the last minute. What happened? The sh*t took off after that. The right joint(s) will put him back in the game.
Truth. His career has about run it's course. 50 made a living off of beefs but once he lost to kanye everyone saw that all you had to do was ignore his jabs and make better music and 50 would take the L. Not to mention that failed beef with officer ricky that ironically helped rick ross get his career back on track (yes right after the CO pics hit NOBODY was fu*king with ross until they jumped on his side against 50 and his bully tactics). 50 brought it on himself by making enemies just to sell records, and not dropping music that was good enough. Time to end these stan excuses.
 6 years ago '12        #129
noverum 
space
space
$2,876 | Props total: 1654 1654
 tupacnasfan said:
and almost everything about 5-0 has been a lie, his shot 9 times, was a total lie.
Source?
 04-09-2012, 06:48 PM         #130
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
regardless of record sells, i only listened to GRODT. maybe a few singles after that. seems like he wasnt moving many units after the game lyrically slaughter his a.ss.

yeah, z-ro can rap is a.ss off.
 6 years ago '12        #131
DontHateDaGreat 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,358 | Props total: 2100 2100
 tupacnasfan said:
and let's not forget, game destroyed him and exposed for a snake he is and a fraud.
even though game's career was hanging in the balance.
Losing game k!lled gunit. Didn't like game all that much outside of his battle raps since he left but he slayed gunit. Losing Buck finished it off
 04-09-2012, 06:48 PM         #132
Deetee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tupacnasfan and Graftedfag have damn near half the comments in this thread and it's on 9 pages.

Curtis fu*ked yo sisters
 6 years ago '10        #133
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,433 | Props total: 2390 2390
 marcchrome said:
black balled or not, 50 accomplished a lot and changed the game forever. and keep in mind of one thing people. him being black balled the first time after being clapped 9 times was what motivated him to become the successful man that he is today. we will not see another artist of his nature for at least another decade.
Real fu*kin talk!
 6 years ago '06        #134
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,901 | Props total: 25726 25726
 tupacnasfan said:
The Late Big Pun was even better.

The Late Big Pun wasn't having none of that either.
:agreement6:
 6 years ago '10        #135
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,433 | Props total: 2390 2390
 tupacnasfan said:
5-0 and gay-unit were finished the day they came into the mainstream on a fraudalent basis, understand that.
n*gga get some pus*y and stop acting like a little bi*ch! you sound like a 10 year old
 6 years ago '04        #136
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,702 | Props total: 11395 11395
9 pages..

50 cent sure makes people talk..crazy how deep the hate is for homie.

one of the few artists that would slap the taste out you e-thugs mouths.

"hate em or love em"
 6 years ago '04        #137
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
 tupacnasfan said:
and almost everything about 5-0 has been a lie, his shot 9 times, was a total lie.
this statement always is frivolous as fu*k.

he was shot 9 times, he wasn't shot at 9 times.

wtf is there to argue here.

he had 9 wounds.

so if i stab someone once and the knife falls, and he happens to land on the knife?

would that mean he was stabbed once? even thought he technically has 2 stab wounds.

tupacnasfan why you arguing about getting shot, like it makes someone a man or a less a man if he is shot or not. 50 cent didn't want to be shot. sh*t happen. corny a.ss dude you are man.

Last edited by skillahmang; 04-09-2012 at 08:13 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #138
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,028 | Props total: 5088 5088
I think the decline in music quality period has a lot to do with what he's going through. Besides that, yeah where are the hits? 50 used to be a machine when it came to hits now he sounds outta place trying to follow n*ggas.
 6 years ago '04        #139
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
 tupacnasfan said:
Cause he has no real talent in the industry just like lil gayne and the rest of the crap out there, he only cares about himself and his remaining sh*tty crew and not everybody else.
if there is any rapper that is talentless and uses hype,production, and name drops to appeal his music and keep it relevant. it is THE GAYME

homie throws a bunch of features and trys to enlist mainstream producers to help sell his product.

last album he had to get the rapper on the west with real talent to help out on the first track on the album

when i thought it couldn't get any worse, he sampled a 2009 drake unreleased chorus on his new mixtape and had the audacity to label that a feature.

if your gonna discredit 50, do not use the male stripping,change of heart,i hate jay-z/i love jay-z bi-polar fruit to your defense.
 6 years ago '07        #140
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
$22,346 | Props total: 2062 2062
50 = Young Buck. Now hes getting a taste of his own Medicine
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
21 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
60 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
25 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
48 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy