Is the Industry Blackballing 50 Cent? - Interesting Read

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
306 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
2 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #101
TrueWest_1 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,937 | Props total: 198 198
@ Interscope bringing him down. He brought himself down

Started as a good read then went into dumb sh*t

50's career went downhill because he was better at talking sh*t about other artists than actually putting out good music. His gimmick got tired and the whole while he's making subpar music.

Buck tried to speak out on things but because 50 was on a power trip, he kicked Buck out and embarrassed him. Funny thing is nobody on Gunit right now is eating good. Look at Bank, Yayo, and Buck. Game is the only one still making music and dropping albums.
 6 years ago '12        #102
The Infamous1 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,319 | Props total: 9 9
He wasnt blackballed, No one gives a fck about his music anymore
 6 years ago '04        #103
TrueWest_1 1 heat pts
space
space
Him and Ja went thru the same sh*t. The only difference is 50 called on Ja for selling out and 50 brought on his own demise but falling in love with his power and releasing weak music.

When he challenged Ye to who would sell the most in their first week and he got blown away, that was when sh*t got real and it hit him that people weren't feeling him no more. Once Em and Dre stopped fu*kin with him, the Em supporters even started going

Most of 50s popularity came from being introduced by Em and being on Dre's label. Hype eventually wears down.
 04-09-2012, 04:57 PM         #104
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Deetee said:
I Get Money x2 Platinum
Ayo Technology was even bigger nice try tho
According to the RIAA who awrad Gold & Platinum certifications "I Get Money" is only Gold.

"Ayo Technology"? Oh yeah the Gangsta-Rap song he did with the white guy Justin Timberlake?

that was 5 years ago, I forgot about that song but it did very well in Europeon countries like the Netherlands.
 6 years ago '12        #105
The Infamous1 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,319 | Props total: 9 9
To be fair, was anyone shocked Kanye outsold him in 07'?

We could all see this coming
 6 years ago '04        #106
TrueWest_1 1 heat pts
space
space
 The Infamous1 said:
To be fair, was anyone shocked Kanye outsold him in 07'?

We could all see this coming
obviously 50 was since he said he'd retire from rap if Kanye outsold him.
 6 years ago '05        #107
Poloi3eai2 
space
space
space
$2,985 | Props total: 1 1
I see 50 being ALOT like Master P. Neither were lyricists but knew how to create a huge buzz and capitalize on it. Both had HUGE success and made more money than any other rapper during their time. But when the buzz died down and were too rich to uphold the street hustler image that made them rich, both couldn't rap to stay relevant.
 6 years ago '06        #108
therulersback 
space
space
space
$1,091 | Props total: 5 5
good read
 6 years ago '12        #109
Julian 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,685 | Props total: 2304 2304
 Blacknitro said:
Bullsh*t. Plenty of rappers have made multiple hits without sellin out. Examples: Scarface, Geto Boys, Juvenile, B.G., Hot Boys, Big Tymers, DMX, Too Short, Public Enemy, Three 6 Mafia and others. U don't have to sellout to make it. Waka blew up without sellin out.
Right, Because all of them are real. Especially waka and 3.6. DMX part up in here was no way made to sell records. I mean just for me to even believe any of them made songs to get rich would be insane.. Big Tymers? I forgot they how they never wanted to make hits for a profit.
 6 years ago '12        #110
Julian 5 heat pts
space
space
Bx showed me a lot of people have no idea what selling out and falling off means.
 6 years ago '06        #111
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,913 | Props total: 25863 25863
He tried to bully fat joe but crack wasn't having none of that

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #112
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,913 | Props total: 25863 25863
I also think it's funny that people defend their favorite artist album sales but then someone notoriously hated on bx ex joe budden he flopped went wood whatever..
 6 years ago '06        #113
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,772 | Props total: 3715 3715
Ehh.. good opinion article... at the end of the day he blackballed himself and truth be told his decline started at the massacre.

He's not a product of longevity because he's too on dimensional and he dissed everyone with longevity so he can't reach out for help (remixes etc).

He looked like a diva/bi*ch for kicking out G-units 2 most popular rappers...

And he dissed jimmy...

He dissed jimmy....

You don't diss jimmy I ... when your signed to his label and on a decline... the same label thats a sub of a major label who has signed the only acts that are hot at the time... that you also dissed.

Oh yeah.. and he dissed ja and turned around and took his place.. that hypocritical move lost his street buzz.. and once you catch a brick you can't come back....

and he dissed Jimmy...
 6 years ago '04        #114
shadow_boxer 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,276 | Props total: 813 813
this mixtape is what made me listen to him again I think this mixtape also was the 1st mixtape released on thisis50.com

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #115
twodollars2 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,607 | Props total: 70 70
who cares 50 getting what he deserves no sorrow ova here. ja won!!!
 6 years ago '12        #116
Julian 5 heat pts
space
space
Now 50 squared of beef with dame near everyone on the list but Ja and it get overlooked.. Yet all the negative stuff stay on the full front.

D-Block- Squashed
Dipset- Squashed
Rick Ross- Haven't disses each other in a while
Joe vs 50- Squashed

SK- To positive to mean anything
Sync Head phone profits to help feed the poor in this country- To positive to mean anything
G-unity foundation-To positive to get mentioned.
Fat Joe aka Joe- Weight lose program for kids-To positive to get mentioned
Hip hop charity concerts- Means nothing.

Old beef- Means everything..
 6 years ago '04        #117
W24x55 50 heat pts50
space
space
$12,355 | Props total: 11092 11092
 shadow_boxer said:
this mixtape is what made me listen to him again I think this mixtape also was the 1st mixtape released on thisis50.com

[pic - click to view]

this tape is soooo good

I still listen to Like a Dog on the regular.
 6 years ago '06        #118
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
I still fu*ks with 50. It's gon take that one song for ppl to be all over him again. Cuz I def see potntial. He has a few bangers in the air from his last tapes.
 6 years ago '04        #119
bigjoshi2002 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$1,047 | Props total: 87 87
 GUNITZCAPO said:
i believe it because 50 was on the verge of catching diddy and hov money wise n by him not bowing down to nobody they felt he would eventually be a threat to Interscope....also seeing that a large portion of the money 50 made Interscope didnt see a penny off of so they backed off him well as Em n Dre see all their money from music....50 was making too much money n becoming too powerful...Interscope is a big enough machine to push an artist no matter what there genre is...so 50 would still be poppin if Interscope really wanted that to still happen

Imagine if 50 was in cahoots with them ppl up stairs like Jay is...it would be a different rap game and a lot of things would be exposed
Good points. Alot of what em and dre do interscope sees a piece, that's not the case with 50. I like how you said "them ppl up stairs".

Julian said:
Blackballing?

He has investments outside of music that made him more money then his actual music.
He sell out tours everywhere he go.
His albums still sell as much as the other top artist in rap do.
He got his own movies projects.
Friends with influential white people.
And be on every show there is to go on.
Made peace and did concerts with most oh his enemies but Ja Rule of course.
And still have hundreds of millions.

If that's blackballing I wouldn't mind going through that.
Yet interscope won't give him an album released date. What kind of sense that make?

Someone compared nelly to 50. 50 never stays out of the spotlight, that's the difference. For every consumer he lost he should have gained 3 from all his various interviews, shows and appearances. That's part of the reason I don't by his numbers for the last album. He dominated the hip hop internet with this is 50, had some big songs, the promo that he created without interscope and the numbers just don't add up.
 6 years ago '12        #120
Julian 5 heat pts
space
space
 Blacknitro said:
And u have showed me that u don't how to separate those with artistic integrity from those with very little or none at all.

There is a difference between making a song catchy and making a song you don't want to make at all.
How we know which songs they wanted to make and didn't?

We don't know if any of them would of kept making the same music if no one listened to it except them. If they were the only ones hearing it would they have kept it up?. Did they make different flows for song out of passion or hope it would catch on just to sell?. We just a.ssume certain ppl have integrity because we don't know if they failed trying to switch it up..
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
111 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
36 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
65 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy