Is the Industry Blackballing 50 Cent? - Interesting Read

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
47 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
35 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-09-2012, 11:46 AM         #41
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50 blew up while the industry was black balling him. Def Jam was blocking his shine. Those mix tapes helped him go around the radio and lock down the streets. Homeboy has made his money. As long as there is a shade 45, he aight. Everyone knows who 50 is....can't block his shine anymore
 6 years ago '04        #42
bigjoshi2002 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$1,047 | Props total: 87 87
 BLUE JACK$ON said:
Beautiful .I been saying 50 is being blackballed because he was becoming too powerful.The part thats missing from this beautiful article is how Interscope had Sound Scan lie about 50s numbers.Remember how L.l Cool j said the people behind sound scan lie about the amount of records a artist sold after the first week sales of BISD was revealed?
Yep! I never heard anyone say that before but I always thought the numbers were fishy and ll confirmed my suspicion. I don't even think ll and 50 were cool at the time because ll's album flopped 50 was promoting and 50 played ll out on rap city when he gave props to second round k.o. Even more telling was jay-z dissing 50 at the award show but then he was seen pictured next to jimmy ivonne at a basketball game. What isn't mentioned in the article and the reason I thought he was being blackballed was him dropping the mixtapes without interscopes say so. I guess the blackballing started prior because he couldn't get a release date even though that ayo technology track was poppin'. Jimmy Ivonne screwed suge knight big time so i always knew it was a matter of time before that sat 50 down. Em is still cool with 50 but he's not gonna k!ll his career for him. Dre has always been a slave and always will be. I don't think the headphones played a part in this initially. I don't recall that even being around back when Interscope was doing it with CHARLES HAMILTON. Now, I think 50 is doing the headphone thing out of spite just to war with Ivonne/Dre/Interscope.
 6 years ago '11        #43
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
Good read. I think 50's problem is the industry got tired of him. He was making his money while he was on top but 50 didnt want nobody else to shine. 50 dissed anybody that was building momentum. 50 still has a large enough following to go gold, but the times of 50 going multi-platinum are over.
 6 years ago '11        #44
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
his last 2 albums were garbage let it go

Nelly was bigger than 50 and he can't sell no more do you see conspiracys for him? His time has passed look back on history most rappers don't last over 5 years
 04-09-2012, 01:13 PM         #45
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingpin 313 said:
his last 2 albums were garbage let it go

Nelly was bigger than 50 and he can't sell no more do you see conspiracys for him? His time has passed look back on history most rappers don't last over 5 years
Nelly dropped his 5th album "5.0" in late 2010 and it moved 300K, he also dropped a single "Just A Dream" that went 3X platinum. 50-Cent hasn't had a platinum single since 2005.

Nelly can still crank out a hit song, poor 50 can't do that.
 6 years ago '06        #46
illathruz 65 heat pts65
space
space
$6,505 | Props total: 2306 2306
50 is way different from any other n*gga out there. the sheer amount of money that he made (despite not selling the most albums ever) highlights his business acumen. I didn't fu*k with 50 when he got soft soon after he blew up, but started fu*king with him again when he brought back the raw. If he stays positive and stays helping africa, i will sincerely wish the best for 50.
 6 years ago '11        #47
JetSetter22 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,444 | Props total: 1466 1466
he deserves to be blackballed for what hes doing to Buck
 04-09-2012, 02:02 PM         #48
KingoBling 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i guess he only had as many years as times he claimed he ws shot.

white america finally seeing that noone wants to hear/see this gorilla anymore. they were putting him behind everything even after BISD
 6 years ago '04        #49
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
who gives a fukk
 6 years ago '05        #50
Black Moses 
space
space
$1,541 | Props total: 408 408
50 burnt too many bridges bottom line. Everybody in here can name examples of that.
 6 years ago '10        #51
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,866 | Props total: 13660 13660
This is plausible. Know matter if you love or hate him, Fif is the opposite of what the industry want @ top. BTW that Big Ten tape was nice.
 6 years ago '11        #52
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,857 | Props total: 1454 1454
 CashNy said:
Ehhh these record labels are almost done
I thought at least one of the big time labels would have folded by now. I don't care how much the labels try to adapt to new selling formats if no one is willing to actually go out or go online and buy said artist music then all these new ideas for selling records means nothing.

MrAmazin said:
50 Cent blackballed 50 Cent.
 44wade said:
50 cent boxed himself in. Made too many enemies, there was no black balling, why would people want to work with him?
This is why no one wants to work with him now and he really hasn't shown any type of development as an artist since he first started in 2003. Dude should just go into acting/directing or something b/c like dude said in the very first quote, the labels are going to fold sooner or later.
 6 years ago '10        #53
GUNITZCAPO 
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 9 9
i believe it because 50 was on the verge of catching diddy and hov money wise n by him not bowing down to nobody they felt he would eventually be a threat to Interscope....also seeing that a large portion of the money 50 made Interscope didnt see a penny off of so they backed off him well as Em n Dre see all their money from music....50 was making too much money n becoming too powerful...Interscope is a big enough machine to push an artist no matter what there genre is...so 50 would still be poppin if Interscope really wanted that to still happen

Imagine if 50 was in cahoots with them ppl up stairs like Jay is...it would be a different rap game and a lot of things would be exposed
 04-09-2012, 02:28 PM         #54
ora 519 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I heard he's a better person now yeah he ustoo be a bad guy like just swing on cats for no reason and such etc
 6 years ago '06        #55
santana2009 
space
space
$1,088 | Props total: 255 255
Good Read.
 6 years ago '12        #56
Julian 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,684 | Props total: 2302 2302
Blackballing?

He has investments outside of music that made him more money then his actual music.
He sell out tours everywhere he go.
His albums still sell as much as the other top artist in rap do.
He got his own movies projects.
Friends with influential white people.
And be on every show there is to go on.
Made peace and did concerts with most oh his enemies but Ja Rule of course.
And still have hundreds of millions.

If that's blackballing I wouldn't mind going through that.

Last edited by Julian; 04-09-2012 at 02:37 PM..
 6 years ago '12        #57
Julian 5 heat pts
space
space
I'll take Tyga bank account right now and blackball myself..
 6 years ago '12        #58
Julian 5 heat pts
space
space
 Im Soo Special said:
idk about blackballing, I do think a few bi*ch a.ss n*ggas up interscope is a lil salty how fast he blew

one n*gga thats being blackballed is yo gotti
Yo Gotti and Suge Knight are the real definition of being shut down..
 6 years ago '09        #59
BMAN626 37 heat pts37
space
space
$7,461 | Props total: 909 909
50 the only rapper who aint illuminati!
 6 years ago '04        #60
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 97 97
 Julian said:
Blackballing?

He has investments outside of music that made him more money then his actual music.
He sell out tours everywhere he go.
His albums still sell as much as the other top artist in rap do.
He got his own movies projects.
Friends with influential white people.
And be on every show there is to go on.
Made peace and did concerts with most oh his enemies but Ja Rule of course.
And still have hundreds of millions.

If that's blackballing I wouldn't mind going through that.
for real.

why he give a fu*k about intercoke records. hes doing fine outside of making albums.
Home      

most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
157 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now