David Banner drops harsh science for the peeps in controversial interview

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
95 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
110 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
104 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #41
unotready 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,104 | Props total: 16 16
 Cee4our said:
no, its because u have white guilt for being so aggressive throughout history. or it could be that youre afraid not to donate cuz of the scary black people.
LOL.. clever statement. It's sad that society is so racialized that we can't react on anything w/o being given a label. I don't like the concept of race, but we've become so subconsciously diverged in all it's immediate stereotypes that it'll be impossible to escape it's existence.

What I wonder though. I'm not black so I can't comment on this, but if anyone else here is black, maybe you can.

Do you guys racially profile black people yourselves in threatening situations? I'm sure blacks have become subconsciously racist towards their own kind as well. Especially if you live in black neighborhoods w/ high crime rates.
 6 years ago '06        #42
unotready 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 Graftedgenes said:
LoL, isn't it hilarious?

Have you ever heard the term "Pro-Jewish".....I haven't heard that term either because the term doesn't exist. Jewish people are very aggressive and proactive when it comes to issues and concerns that effect them as a people and they don't call it "Pro" anything, they call it good common sense.

Black people are expected to be passive and nonchalant in regard to the issues and concerns that effect our people and our communities and when we champion self-reliance, and economic empowerment the typical frightened-Negros and fearful-whites like to label it
"pro-black", "militant" or "radical"....they throw a fit when you challenge white-supremacy.

We live under a dynamic called Global-White-Supremacy and it functions in every facet of our lives, politics, education, economics, entertainment, s3x, religion, war, labor, & law.

God forbid an artist that wants to cut off the record labels and cut off the distributers and sell his music digitally....a runaway slave from the record-industry plantation.

I'm enjoying the fear that I see in this thread, along with the pride on the other side.

I'm Jewish, and i've been called pro-Jewish because of my support of Israel. Infact, the only thing that really unites the Jewish diaspora is being pro-Israeli now a days. The Jews are no longer really struggling in America, so they have nothing to push but being pro-israeli and that has its own term being "zionist".

The term zionist has become deligitimzed by Muslims and Leftists in thinking that it equates w/ racism and many sorts of other evil words, when it really just means the support and prosperity of a Jewish homeland. It's almost as if Jew's aren't allowed to support a jewish homeland and must be an oppressed diaspora forever.

So yes, jews do go through this struggle, but we as a diaspora unite for a common cause in a Jewish nation. But America is not an ethnicity. it's a nationality, shared amongst blacks and whites and many others together. Therefore, I think it's detrimental to progress as a nation when you have race movements within it pushing for their own agendas.
 04-06-2012, 12:42 AM         #43
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 unotready said:
I'm Jewish, and i've been called pro-Jewish because of my support of Israel. Infact, the only thing that really unites the Jewish diaspora is being pro-Israeli now a days. The Jews are no longer really struggling in America, so they have nothing to push but being pro-israeli and that has its own term being "zionist".

The term zionist has become deligitimzed by Muslims and Leftists in thinking that it equates w/ racism and many sorts of other evil words, when it really just means the support and prosperity of a Jewish homeland. It's almost as if Jew's aren't allowed to support a jewish homeland and must be an oppressed diaspora forever.

So yes, jews do go through this struggle, but we as a diaspora unite for a common cause in a Jewish nation. But America is not an ethnicity. it's a nationality, shared amongst blacks and whites and many others together. Therefore, I think it's detrimental to progress as a nation when you have race movements within it pushing for their own agendas.
Support for Israel is Zionism, not "Pro Jewish"....

You want a homeland on someone else's land?

What gives you the right to dislodge the indigenous inhabitants of that region just because you want a homeland for Jews in the diaspora?

My heart mourns for the Palestinians who have been shoved into camps and reservations because white-Jews and Zionists think they have a right to steal peoples land.

disgusting.

Imagine if Black folks from Haiti, Brazil, America and other areas were slave traders created a diaspora of our people all got together and decided to occupy London and move all the whites that live their into refugee camps....how would that look? Ni99ers is Paris huh?

If you truly want a homeland you should go to the Caucusus mountain region and stake a claim there.
 04-06-2012, 12:46 AM         #44
iThink  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 unotready said:
How is he intelligent if he said the reason why society is mad at lebron, bosh and wade is because they were 3 black men who made a decision for themselves LOLOL. Is he now all of a sudden a phd psychologist who's able to understand the North-American subconscious? That was the most ridiculous thing i've heard lol.
he's actually a M.Ed.

he's 38 years old
well-read
well-spoken
rational
and much of what he says comes from experience and extensive thought and analysis more so than it does emotion...the emotion he's able to convey is simply a bonus...a gift.

you could learn a lot from him if you'd just listen.
 6 years ago '04        #45
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,248 | Props total: 3837 3837
 unotready said:
I'd rather give 1 dollar to someone who is in dire need of it lol. He's going to take 1 million dollars and create some k!lla season budget movie lol..
But what makes you think he doesn't need it though? He supports himself and his family off of his art so therefore he does need it. Would he be so adamant about it in the interview if he didn't? Then again, he wasn't really talking too you in that interview, he was talking to black people. Thanks, but no thanks for your opinion I guess
 6 years ago '05        #46
Bigrel 7 heat pts
space
space
$798 | Props total: 326 326
Props on this fam. Every last word of that was the truth. It's a damn shame what the status of black culture has evolved to
 6 years ago '06        #47
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,470 | Props total: 14746 14746
 Cee4our said:
no, its because u have white guilt for being so aggressive throughout history. or it could be that youre afraid not to donate cuz of the scary black people.
oooooor... its because I enjoy David Banner's music and I wanted to support it (and the fact that I donated it 2 months ago)...
 6 years ago '06        #48
unotready 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 Graftedgenes said:
Support for Israel is Zionism, not "Pro Jewish"....

You want a homeland on someone else's land?

What gives you the right to dislodge the indigenous inhabitants of that region just because you want a homeland for Jews in the diaspora?

My heart mourns for the Palestinians who have been shoved into camps and reservations because white-Jews and Zionists think they have a right to steal peoples land.

disgusting.

Imagine if Black folks from Haiti, Brazil, America and other areas were slave traders created a diaspora of our people all got together and decided to occupy London and move all the whites that live their into refugee camps....how would that look? Ni99ers is Paris huh?

If you truly want a homeland you should go to the Caucusus mountain region and stake a claim there.

Jews originally bought the land from arabs to create Jewish farms and homes etc. Nothing was ever taken illegally. After the 1948 war, which was started by the arabs, obviously land was taken. It's a war. How is it fair if the opponents planned to annihilate your land, but when you win the war, you're all of a sudden blamed for taking someone elses land? Doesn't make sense in my eyes.

Last edited by unotready; 04-06-2012 at 12:59 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #49
unotready 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Besides, Jew's lost land in war's as well w/ egypt and jordan occupying parts of their land. Palestinians weren't complaining then lol. You want to know why? Because it was muslim arabs who had the land. This whole war is very complicated and complex which i've been studying for years. it involves many elements of ideological issues, as well as territorial.

At the end of the day, Palestine was never a nation until Israel was created. Before then, Arabs never had any autonomy over that tiny piece of land which is now divided between Israel, and Palestine. Jordan itself is a nation populated by "palestians" and was apart of the original mandate of palestine, but was given to the hashemite kingdom who dont see themselves as Palestinians while over 80 per cent of their subjects/citizens are. it makes zero sense at all. Jordanians and Palestinians are the same people. Why wouldn't Jordan accept all palestinians rather than have refugee camps of pali's. Pali's are discriminated by their own arab brothers.

And how about the 900 000 Jews from surrounding arab nations that had to flee to Israel upon the 1948 war, and had all their posessions confiscated. It was the exact same amount of arab paelstinians who had to flee as well. Seems like a trade off, but unforunately the arab nations didn't care for Palestinians and treated them like 3rd class citizens, going as far as even massacring and k!lling them. Read into "black september"
 6 years ago '04        #50
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,248 | Props total: 3837 3837
 unotready said:
Besides, Jew's lost land in war's as well w/ egypt and jordan occupying parts of their land. Palestinians weren't complaining then lol. You want to know why? Because it was muslim arabs who had the land. This whole war is very complicated and complex which i've been studying for years. it involves many elements of ideological issues, as well as territorial.

At the end of the day, Palestine was never a nation until Israel was created. Before then, Arabs never had any autonomy over that tiny piece of land which is now divided between Israel, and Palestine. Jordan itself is a nation populated by "palestians" and was apart of the original mandate of palestine, but was given to the hashemite kingdom who dont see themselves as Palestinians while over 80 per cent of their subjects/citizens are. it makes zero sense at all. Jordanians and Palestinians are the same people. Why wouldn't Jordan accept all palestinians rather than have refugee camps of pali's. Pali's are discriminated by their own arab brothers.

And how about the 900 000 Jews from surrounding arab nations that had to flee to Israel upon the 1948 war, and had all their posessions confiscated. It was the exact same amount of arab paelstinians who had to flee as well. Seems like a trade off, but unforunately the arab nations didn't care for Palestinians and treated them like 3rd class citizens, going as far as even massacring and k!lling them. Read into "black september"
Dude... Calm down with the Jewish trolling. Post that sh*t in a thread about Jewish rappers talking about Jewish issues or somethin'... Can't a black man speak truth on a video and us just give props without this being turned into your Jewish soapbox?
 6 years ago '06        #51
unotready 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 biscuit said:
Dude... Calm down with the Jewish trolling. Post that sh*t in a thread about Jewish rappers talking about Jewish issues or somethin'... Can't a black man speak truth on a video and us just give props without this being turned into your Jewish soapbox?
i aint the one who brought it up. thread starter did.
 6 years ago '06        #52
unotready 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 illmatic826 said:
As i read the replies

I can clearly see that there are some people feel intimidated and uncomfortable, by Banners views

Banner said white people feel uncomfortable and they attack.

Then we see them come right in here and attack him LMAO

The replies show how powerful his statements are
Not really, its just easy for me to take in this interview because it doesn't appeal to me emotionally. Clearly, he's doing his job. Following the Stop Kony 2012 route lol.. He should've made some viral 30 minute video rather than go on the station for 30 mins and b.s. about society being mad at lebron, bosh and wade cause they're black and able to make decisions for themselves
 6 years ago '06        #53
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,648 | Props total: 8582 8582
 unotready said:
Not really, its just easy for me to take in this interview because it doesn't appeal to me emotionally. Clearly, he's doing his job. Following the Stop Kony 2012 route lol.. He should've made some viral 30 minute video rather than go on the station for 30 mins and b.s. about society being mad at lebron, bosh and wade cause they're black and able to make decisions for themselves
you not black so you wouldnt understand
 6 years ago '06        #54
unotready 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 marcusaka50 said:
you not black so you wouldnt understand
I just feel like he's making a drama out of nothing. His main problem is that artists or black artists or rappers in general are giving too much music out for free and devaluing black rap music... At the end of the day, the fans control the flow of the game right now due to the youtubes, hotnewhiphops and other sites of the world. Buying albums is dead.. If you want to make money, make it from shows. At least now, you can bypass the record label more than you ever could before so what is he really complaining about. You can't have it all. Charlamagne brought it up.. and then banner says some general answer like " you can't give it all away". But the more material you give out, the more material you have to use for shows..

He's just an opportunist and is doing a good job at selling his idea which really makes no sense lol.. he's making it seem like the artist is in a worse position now a days, when in fact, the artist has more leverage w/ the label more than ever..

Last edited by unotready; 04-06-2012 at 02:50 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #55
bradleyb87 
space
space
$2,130 | Props total: 559 559
Gotta support my Mississippi brethren.

I donated.

Dope Breakfast Club interview
 6 years ago '05        #56
GST 
space
space
$14,833 | Props total: 2401 2401
 unotready said:
This dude is coming on this show like hes some sort of psychologist lmaoo.. He's just trying to plug his work and appeal to the black audience emotionally. Should be interesting to see if this works. Some of what he says is valid, but there was a bunch of stuff that is questionable and a little too extreme.

and what you talking about " a code word sh*t that the main one".. I don't even understand that sentence lol..

I'll give him credit, he's a good sales man and talker. He would do well in sales.

it doesn't matter what color you are,with posts like this,you sir are part of the problem..to sit on the internet and criticize someone for acting instead of yapping [or in your case,typing]..thas that stereotypical 'lazy a.ss not gonna do something til you see a million other n*ggaz do it' attitude...so until the majority of black ppl stand up and unite and create one voice,you're gonna just sit on boxden and type bs
 6 years ago '06        #57
unotready 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 GST said:
it doesn't matter what color you are,with posts like this,you sir are part of the problem..to sit on the internet and criticize someone for acting instead of yapping [or in your case,typing]..thas that stereotypical 'lazy a.ss not gonna do something til you see a million other n*ggaz do it' attitude...so until the majority of black ppl stand up and unite and create one voice,you're gonna just sit on boxden and type bs
More power to him. He's grinding. Came up w/ a business plan and hes folllowing through w/ it. I respect the grind. I just disagree w/ some of his "knowledge" lol. Wasn't making sense, but if this plan works, that'll be amazing.
 6 years ago '05        #58
GST 
space
space
 unotready said:
This dude is coming on this show like hes some sort of psychologist lmaoo.. He's just trying to plug his work and appeal to the black audience emotionally. Should be interesting to see if this works. Some of what he says is valid, but there was a bunch of stuff that is questionable and a little too extreme.

and what you talking about " a code word sh*t that the main one".. I don't even understand that sentence lol..

I'll give him credit, he's a good sales man and talker. He would do well in sales.

Cee4our said:
so he talks about how white people are scared...but also white men are the "most aggressive people toward all cultures". we got a case of the ol' scared aggressors eh? basically hes saying "white people bad" in as many ways as he can so all black people can relate. if youre black and it makes u feel better to think that white people hate u cuz theyre scared, boom banners got your back. if u think white people hate you becuz theyre aggressive and want to hold u down, boom banner agrees.

you're trying very hard to manipulate words..there's such a thing as trying to overcome your fear and 'grabbing the bull by the horns',so to speak [which would make you the aggressor],smart guy

example : most geta lil scared just seeing a bee or a wasp..why ? cuz we know that they will sting the shyt out of you....our ignorance causes us to think that because it flies a lil close to us that we're gonna get stung...nine times out of ten we don't get stung UNLESS WE BECOME THE AGGRESSOR...so now because of that fear,as soon as you see a wasp,what happens ? you get all jumpy and start rolling up newspaper or grab a can of raid...just the sight of that wasp has caused you to become the aggressor...all out of fear of being stung...same principle
 6 years ago '05        #59
GST 
space
space
 unotready said:
I just feel like he's making a drama out of nothing. His main problem is that artists or black artists or rappers in general are giving too much music out for free and devaluing black rap music... At the end of the day, the fans control the flow of the game right now due to the youtubes, hotnewhiphops and other sites of the world. Buying albums is dead.. If you want to make money, make it from shows. At least now, you can bypass the record label more than you ever could before so what is he really complaining about. You can't have it all. Charlamagne brought it up.. and then banner says some general answer like " you can't give it all away". But the more material you give out, the more material you have to use for shows..

He's just an opportunist and is doing a good job at selling his idea which really makes no sense lol.. he's making it seem like the artist is in a worse position now a days, when in fact, the artist has more leverage w/ the label more than ever..

he's an opportunist cause he sees a chance to make a difference and is acting upon it? you mad that it might lead to him making a lil change ? God helps those who help themselves and in return gives blessings to those that deserve...

and another thing,we don't understand the things that we can't relate to or have no knowledge of...so some go the ignorant route and instead of tryna understand ,we say sh*t like 'it doesn't make any sense'.
 6 years ago '08        #60
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
 unotready said:

Of course you would feel that way...like he said, you're not black so you wouldnt/can't possibly understand....ever
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
27 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
285 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
127 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
52 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
89 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
80 comments
21 hours ago