Hot 97's Peter Rosenberg Claims Rick Ross is More Consistent Than Jay-Z

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
205 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
134 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #141
Official 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 0 0
 3rdcoasta said:
ill have to agree with old dude on the consistency issue...jay is my man hands down, but Ross is just commin up...jay already been there done that. he even said you want his old sh*t, go buy those albums. i listen to both, but Ross droppin a gang of mixtapes that go hard, if not better than the albums.

now if you comparing jay's first few albums to Rozays? Ima ride with Jay; but if you talking about now; Ima ride with Rozay on consistency. Jays last few albums went plat of course, but not to my liking.

IMO
We talking about consistency

Jay is far more consistent than Ross ... like i said Jay been RELEVANT since 96 its 2012

Thats 16 years and counting

Ross came out in 06...you think hell be a relevant dominat force in the game a decade from now?

I wish him the best im just sayin
 6 years ago '04        #142
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
 hooligun said:
rich forever is better than half those albums
and the other half sh!ts on rick ross's life
 6 years ago '04        #143
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
 uddart said:
Camel warriors are mad (d.s.o.m young hov)

Jay lost
if you actually believe rick ross is more consistent than hov, you lost at life
 04-05-2012, 10:49 AM         #144
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm trying to think of Jay-Z's last solo single, I can't even think of it right now. Maybe he has a point.
 6 years ago '04        #145
ysdagodd 
space
space
$441 | Props total: 21 21
You will not be listening to Rick Ross in 10/ 20 years. Your kids will be lucky to know who he is. Jay-
Z however >>>

Jay-Z > Rick Ross
 04-05-2012, 11:28 AM         #146
suede_06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Graftedgenes said:
Lets go a little deeper.

"BP3" starts with Luke Steele and ends with Mr Hudson.

"Watch the Throne" has 5 Europeon music samples, and two Europeon guests.

Lets not act like JayZ has put together 3 Dope albums in a row unless you want to be his Stanbase Captain and refute his own a.sseesment of his discography...or maybe you know more about his mjusic than he and Young Guru do.

Ross has 4 solid HipHop albums in a row and JayZ does not have 4 solid Hiphop albums in a row and most people like the Music I.Q. to recognize that but thank goodness that JayZ himself does.

You seem pretty intelligent, so let me ask you out of shear curiosity....what makes all 4 Ross albums "dope"? Inferring that I have no music IQ because you think I think every Jay albume is "dope" or "classic" shows how far to a conclusion you are willing to jump to prove your point. That there is the definition of being a stan. You drop knowledge 98% of your posts.....youre better than this.

Graftedgenes said:
One thing that is always consistent is opinions based on demographics.

The Industry/Artists are consistent in their opinion on Ross music

The Blog-Geeks/Nerds are consistent in their opinion on Ross music

The Streets/Community are consistent in their opinion on Ross music

Depending on which demographic you belong to accounts for the average opinion on a 99% clip.

Rappers who cater to the streets and have music that is more Compatible to the
Cars, Clubs, & Concerts typically don't get the recognition they deserve on blogs & forums were bloggers are more likely to appreciate music more suited for headphones and non-social settings.

Joe Budden, LIL B, Lupe, Kreayshawn & Tyler are Internet favorites because their music is more suited to the tastes of the average Internet blogger.

This is more like it
 6 years ago '05        #147
Universal~Mind 59 heat pts59
space
space
$12,109 | Props total: 527 527
I really dont get how everyone on here keeps praising Rich Forever.... sh*t is the most boring redundant mixtape/album i ever heard.....

I'll tell yall what.... I dont even listen to Ross.... have never heard a whole album through... (can't bare it) so after hearing all this talk about Rich forever i was like damn.... this must be nice.... especially when n*ggas was talking about the beats..... After going through it, i swear i still think n*ggas is trolling about that tape.....

The beats are probably the worst thing about it.... every fu*king beat sounds the same and has those lame annoying southern drums and hi hat.... The best song on that tape is tolerable at best.... meek mill is a lyric yelling, no flow having redundant clown..... The fu*k is wrong with ya'll n*ggas?

I swear it's as if you young n*ggas today just completely skipped over earlier hip hop and began listening to hip hop like 3-5 years ago...... The last 5-6 years in hip hop has had the most uninspiring, lamest, most redundant beats in hip hop history.... i don't get the hype......

I know you lil n*ggas want to have something to cling on to and call your own come on now.... lettuce be cereal here.....
 6 years ago '10        #148
Moyo420 37 heat pts37
space
space
$1,312 | Props total: 35 35
rick ross as of right now is more consistent then jay z if yall dont see that yall are d!ck riders
 6 years ago '04        #149
barrebeast 1 heat pts
space
space
$536 | Props total: 34 34
 Universal~Mind said:
I really dont get how everyone on here keeps praising Rich Forever.... sh*t is the most boring redundant mixtape/album i ever heard.....

I'll tell yall what.... I dont even listen to Ross.... have never heard a whole album through... (can't bare it) so after hearing all this talk about Rich forever i was like damn.... this must be nice.... especially when n*ggas was talking about the beats..... After going through it, i swear i still think n*ggas is trolling about that tape.....

The beats are probably the worst thing about it.... every fu*king beat sounds the same and has those lame annoying southern drums and hi hat.... The best song on that tape is tolerable at best.... meek mill is a lyric yelling, no flow having redundant clown..... The fu*k is wrong with ya'll n*ggas?

I swear it's as if you young n*ggas today just completely skipped over earlier hip hop and began listening to hip hop like 3-5 years ago...... The last 5-6 years in hip hop has had the most uninspiring, lamest, most redundant beats in hip hop history.... i don't get the hype......

I know you lil n*ggas want to have something to cling on to and call your own come on now.... lettuce be cereal here.....
old n*ggas
 04-05-2012, 12:01 PM         #150
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 suede_06 said:
You seem pretty intelligent, so let me ask you out of shear curiosity....what makes all 4 Ross albums "dope"? Inferring that I have no music IQ because you think I think every Jay albume is "dope" or "classic" shows how far to a conclusion you are willing to jump to prove your point. That there is the definition of being a stan. You drop knowledge 98% of your posts.....youre better than this.

This is more like it
My fav JayZ albums RD, Vol 1, Dynasty, BP, BA, AG...my least favs Vol 3, BP2, KC, BP3.

Let's get that out the way so you know I'm not a JayZ hater or somebody unfamiliar with his best bodies of work.

The criteria that makes an album "Hot" may differ from one person to the next so we have to go buy other factors like critical acclaim, accolades, public reception, peer reception, and to a lesser degree sales.

Take "C-4" for example, it's been critically panned, the fans don't like it and no credible rapper has claimed to be inspired by it or given it any praise and it's not going to win any accolades or end up on a best of 2011 list.

Rozay has 4 albums in his discography that all got critical praise, fan praise, and praise from his peers, it's common consensus that he hadn't dropped a lackluster or mediocre album.

JayZ dropped KG, Nas dropped Nastradamus, Ghostface dropped pretty Tony, Luda has dropped a dud, T.I has dropped a dud, Emenim dud, Kanye dropped that techno-slop, etc etc....

Since 2006 nobody has been more consistent with solid albums on a mainstream level, that's why this thread has 100 responses but nobody naming a mainstream artist that's more consistent.
 6 years ago '12        #151
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,061 | Props total: 11269 11269
1st off, Rosenberg didn't say that he is more consistent than Jay. He said Jay had his era, this is Ross time.

You guys do realize though that if you think Jay is more consistent, that the 2nd greatest rapper of all time, is most likely the only person more consistent. Yeah, you can say Kanye too but Kanyes music can be viewed as not strictly hiphop.

So whether you think Ross or Jay, its still pretty good.
 04-05-2012, 12:45 PM         #152
suede_06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Graftedgenes said:
The criteria that makes an album "Hot" may differ from one person to the next so we have to go buy other factors like critical acclaim, accolades, public reception, peer reception, and to a lesser degree sales.........

............Since 2006 nobody has been more consistent with solid albums on a mainstream level, that's why this thread has 100 responses but nobody naming a mainstream artist that's more consistent.

I can somewhat agree with this statement if we strictly start from 2006, which is the beginning of Rozay's career, but if we do that, and go by this criteria, Kanye has been more consistent than both of them- Graduation, 808s(hate it or love it), and MBDTF trump all Ross' releases in every single category....and we can throw WTT in there too
 6 years ago '10        #153
uddart 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,694 | Props total: 19 19
 Young Hov said:
if you actually believe rick ross is more consistent than hov, you lost at life
It's a loss that someone had the thought of Jay-z being compared to Ross. That wouldnt happen to any other old school head.

Jay lost
 04-05-2012, 01:22 PM         #154
freakbucket  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
in my opinion, there has never been a rick ross verse that i've heard, and i've heard a few hundred, that was ever better than a jayz verse.

i will say that sometimes rick ross has had better production than jay-z.
 5 years ago '09        #155
Vos 2 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 0 0
lol people actually think Ross' verse on Free Mason was better than Jay's?

bi*ch I said I was amazin'. Not that I'm a Mason.
 5 years ago '05        #156
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,871 | Props total: 8391 8391
"dont compare me to nobody, i rather not be mentioned, i'm offended"

Last edited by StateProperty88; 07-27-2012 at 12:50 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #157
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,061 | Props total: 11269 11269
 PLK187 said:
so what now?
its the Rick Ross era.

I tweeted him a minute ago, lets see if he responds about this.
 5 years ago '10        #158
MistaKlean 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,681 | Props total: 200 200
more consistent than jay-z? at what? EATING?
 07-27-2012, 01:11 PM         #159
the synthesis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He is right, Jay bee trash ever since The Black ALbum,
 5 years ago '07        #160
whowantit 35 heat pts35
space
space
$3,715 | Props total: 4735 4735
His beat selections are consistent and dope IMO.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
15 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy