Kevin Durant: "Skip Bayless doesn’t know a thing about basketball"

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
89 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
34 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #61
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$82,053 | Props total: 11852 11852
 BrookLynnStiles said:
Skip is a real-life troll, it's hilarious. Him and lil b.
/thread
 6 years ago '07        #62
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 Nautilus O said:
Wrong, just because you are a good journalist doesn't mean you understand the game in fact its damn near impossible to know the ins and outs of EVERY sport you cover. Skip is just giving an opinion and he latches on to whatever is hot. He's not a master of ANY sport.

There are guys who KNOW the sports they cover, guys like Bert Sugar, Peter Gammons, Dr. Jack Ramsey..... Skip aint one of them, he's just a reporter.

Everytime he tells that his school state championship game I start laughing. He's comparing world class athletes to HS bball. Coach asked him to play baseball

[pic - click to view]

not saying he is a master, im saying he has experienced greatness live and he knows the characteristics.

you cant deny he has been right about alot of things even though he lacks the "know" like you say. why is that the case then?
 6 years ago '05        #63
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,037 | Props total: 1231 1231
Skip seems to be more accurate about basketball then most other espn commentators who are God Awful...smh
 6 years ago '07        #64
Bkjj11 3551 heat pts3551
space
space
$92,722 | Props total: 70283 70283
Michael jordan doesnt know basketball...

Look at his draft picks
 04-04-2012, 03:00 AM         #65
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 omniscience said:
Lebron is my favorite player..but I'm also a basketball fan 1st and foremost and Skip Bayless uses shock comments to generate ratings and media traffic..

it's clear as day..

I don't watch that show for the simple fact that he tries to hard to go against the grain..

Any sports analyst that praises Tim Tebow like the second coming of Christ and bashes the likes of leBron and westbrook can't be taken seriously..
 Cambury said:
yOu said you dont watch the show so the last sentence is invalid.
Even though he doesnt watch the show, everything he said was 100%. I use to be a big fan of the show, but the more I watched, the more I realized they had absolutely no knowledge of the game, or even stats for that matter, and only wanted to generate media traffic/attention. They'd rather get a trending topic on twitter than have a legitimate talk about basketball and stats. The Thunder completely humiliate some of the top teams when Westbrook shoots more, but Skip wants to do speeches, twitter rants, and all that bullsh*t against dude.

The Tebow sh*t...The Broncos had to be paying this guy well, he actually convinced some of the dumb fu*ks out here that they were actually going to beat the Patriots...I personally saw them beating those hurt a.ss, old Steelers, but not those Patriots

Like I said in the Hip hop section though Cambury, keep trolling kid, you and Skip can troll together.
 04-04-2012, 03:02 AM         #66
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 efromthev said:
Skip is the truth. You guys are just mad that he comes with that ether that burns your soul.

1:30 of that video is

Ethered Cris Carter too

The fact that you think anyone needs to "Ether" Cris Carter is laughable. He has repeatedly made a fool of himself on National Television, and also has a rep for being a hater of any/all WR's that have come after him. Every moment Cris Carter breathes air, he is ethering himself.
 6 years ago '10        #67
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,182 | Props total: 8270 8270
 Cambury said:
not saying he is a master, im saying he has experienced greatness live and he knows the characteristics.

you cant deny he has been right about alot of things even though he lacks the "know" like you say. why is that the case then?
Right about a lot of things? Like what? They talk about 8-9 topics a day, and he only focuses on Lebron, and Tebow. Stephen A. always points out that he knows nothing about basketball, he was a reporter in Dallas and covered football and college football. His analysis of Russell Westbrook's jumpshot paraphrased:

"He jumps really really high, so that gives him a lot of time to get that ball in the slot and really line it up and fire a shot off"

The fu*k?
 6 years ago '08        #68
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
$12,652 | Props total: 1221 1221
i still am not sure why...

skip bayless "doesnt know what hes talking about" because hes never been there?

but daily bx is filled with sport threads..Started by.. a member whos "never been there"

if you make the case for skip..then every thread/sentence that is typed on bx sports should be deleted.

im going to start going into every thread and say..

"YOU NEVER BEEN THERE BEFORE" so you dont know..? i mean cant we all say that? what makes that different from you guys and your bullsh*t a.ss comments on every little detail?

please explain ASAP..and leave the "he gets paid" sh*t out of it..were talking just "knowing what your talking about"

he has been doing this for prob 30 more years then us..and to act like hasnt played sports in his life? because isnt that we fall back on? i played football growing up so i know a lil about it..same with basketball,baseball? and im sure he did..

people need to realize this isnt rocket science. its a fu*king sport it is really easy for someone whos never been in the nfl to understand if someone is good or not..like wtf

6 years ago '08        #69
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
$12,652 | Props total: 1221 1221
 Nautilus O said:
Right about a lot of things? Like what? They talk about 8-9 topics a day, and he only focuses on Lebron, and Tebow. Stephen A. always points out that he knows nothing about basketball, he was a reporter in Dallas and covered football and college football. His analysis of Russell Westbrook's jumpshot paraphrased:

"He jumps really really high, so that gives him a lot of time to get that ball in the slot and really line it up and fire a shot off"

The fu*k?
you never been in the nba so stop typing. just delete your account now. because you just prooved to us you had to of been there to know what your talking about so i have no idea what your rambling on about. you just k!lled your own sports knowledge credibility
 6 years ago '04        #70
gutta561 
space
space
space
$909 | Props total: 91 91
 Nautilus O said:

The fu*k?
No lie when he was discussing Tim Tebow incompletions, dude said that "Tim Tebow has the skill of strategically misplacing passes so that they do not get intercepted"

Skip does a great job of being real life Troll, because I have to get my daily fix of first take. But when they were discussing Tebow for about 2 months I had to give FT a break.
 6 years ago '08        #71
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,856 | Props total: 9179 9179
skip bayless knows more than the bxsc
 6 years ago '10        #72
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,182 | Props total: 8270 8270
 Gmengfx said:
you never been in the nba so stop typing. just delete your account now. because you just prooved to us you had to of been there to know what your talking about so i have no idea what your rambling on about. you just k!lled your own sports knowledge credibility
In what part of that post did I say anything about relating to my sports knowledge, if you could read I commented on this idea that Skip "knows" basketball, he doesn't. He's no different than 95% of people on this board that played jv football and basketball and come in and criticize mechanics of a NFL qb.

Skip bases his a.ssesments of players off of wether or not he likes the way they play. He's a hoosiers/rudy/blind side kind of guy and thats because he's a WRITER. He's not an analyst, coach or former athlete, hes a writer. Which is why he constantly gets sonned by athletes and coaches who can present themselves and not get railroaded by his hyperbole. Skip's basketball knowledge is based on "i know player x fairly well" or "ive spent some time around team x and I know", or "i covered player x while he was in Dallas and I always felt". Most of these players he talks about dont even like him ie Durant.

Bert Sugar never fought a day in his life but he knew the science, skip is just a writer
 6 years ago '06        #73
991 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,688 | Props total: 741 741
 cledee23 said:
you must be a tim tebow fan
There goes another bron fan
 6 years ago '09        #74
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,158 | Props total: 22616 22616
Skip >>>>
 6 years ago '04        #75
#1nasfan 
space
space
$11,855 | Props total: 5198 5198
a lot of people are trying to make KD's statement one about all writers/reporters, he didn't say "all none pro basketball playing writers/reporters know nothing about basketball" he said Skip Bayless, that sh*t pissed me off today on first take, Stephen A. smith coming to his defense like that.
 6 years ago '04        #76
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
The only funny thing about this is how hurt Skip was And then Stephen A saying all that sh*t, after he constantly tells Skip that he shouldn't be allowed to talk basketball

For an entity that makes it's living off of telling everyone else what they're doing wrong, the media (all media) sure is sensitive when someone voices their opinion about THEM, right or wrong. KD allowed to say what he wants just like Skip is. There's a reason all of these journalist are now just tv personalities...
 6 years ago '04        #77
#1nasfan 
space
space
$11,855 | Props total: 5198 5198
[QUOTE=TheMagicMan;22799669]The only funny thing about this is how hurt Skip was And then Stephen A saying all that sh*t, after he constantly tells Skip that he shouldn't be allowed to talk basketball

For an entity that makes it's living off of telling everyone else what they're doing wrong, the media (all media) sure is sensitive when someone voices their opinion about THEM, right or wrong. KD allowed to say what he wants just like Skip is. There's a reason all of these journalist are now just tv personalities...[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Rob Parker was pissed yesterday, when KD didn't even say anything about him or anyone else other than Skip Bayless.
 6 years ago '06        #78
Bouncer 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$17,903 | Props total: 1213 1213
This n*gga said mcnugget neck and fingers the size of snicker bars lmaoooooo I'm done
 04-04-2012, 10:22 AM         #79
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
For an entity that makes it's living off of telling everyone else what they're doing wrong, the media (all media) sure is sensitive when someone voices their opinion about THEM, right or wrong. KD allowed to say what he wants just like Skip is. There's a reason all of these journalist are now just tv personalities...[/QUOTE]

My G, I was thinkin' THE EXACT SAME SH*T!
Lol @ Skip saying KD was wrong for sayin' they win more when Russ shoots more.
Dude, its not KD saying that...

Its facts saying that!
 04-04-2012, 10:51 AM         #80
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMagicMan said:
The only funny thing about this is how hurt Skip was And then Stephen A saying all that sh*t, after he constantly tells Skip that he shouldn't be allowed to talk basketball

For an entity that makes it's living off of telling everyone else what they're doing wrong, the media (all media) sure is sensitive when someone voices their opinion about THEM, right or wrong. KD allowed to say what he wants just like Skip is. There's a reason all of these journalist are now just tv personalities...
:agreement6:

thats because they think if they had lebrons(or anybody else) talent that they would be better than he is with it

he calls people cancers and all other type of sh*t he would get smacked for then he has the nerve to catch feelings like a hoe

the american media is the lowest form of scum on earth:disdain2:
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
88 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
172 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
51 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy