most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
118 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #41
ARosary 47 heat pts47
space
space
$9,790 | Props total: 2885 2885
 Punonni Donni said:
You all must realize that probably 90 percent of these celebrities use drugs to cope with fame and whatever demons come along with it. It's just some hide it better than others.
^ thats starting to come to light more & more now. We could all say it wouldnt be us...& they probably said the same sh*t too
 6 years ago '04        #42
downtown33 
space
space
$1,094 | Props total: 0 0
 DSOM said:
interview with Snoop explaining why people think Dre steals beats!!!
This is actually old but I see a lot of people posting ignorant sh*t on BX still sayin they heard Daz said Dre stole this or so and so is ghost producing for Dre, so hear you go.

Snoop: I always tell n*ggas, I coulda went on some Snoop Dogg sh*t and just said "Ay Dre, do my next record." and just lock down and be like "fu*k all yall I got the hottest sh*t on the West, and I'm the reason bla bla bla". But I'm not selfish. I coulda smashed everythang and did that. Cause he's at my disposal. But I'd rather fu*k with other producers, other artists, and just give n*ggas an opportunity that I feel deserve it. Cause I fu*k with Dre, it's not gonna be Terrace Martin, it's gonna be Battlecat, it's not gonna be Soopafly. All these n*ggas is gone! It's gonna be Dr. Dre produced by. Even if ya'll produced it! You feel what I'm saying?

Dubcnn: It's crazy you say that though. A lot of people been saying that for a long time.

Nah, but when I say that, it's not disrespect, because them n*ggas will bring a track that sounds cool, but when he's finished with it, that muthafu*ka is immaculate. Like for example if you were to hear the Stevie Wonder song that Busta Rhymes brought to Dre before Dre touched it, you would think it's two different songs.

Dubcnn: But he still should get some production credit though.

But, at the same time, Dre didn't take that from Sha Money. And when he was doing that for n*ggas back in the days, they didn't deserve to have their name in the game like that, because he did all of the work! So what you found a sample and you got a cool little drum file, but he brought the sh*t to life, so he really produced the track! Producing is bringing the track to life! Beatmakers make beats. A lot of n*ggas make beats. He produces tracks. So that ain't disrespect what I'm saying. I'm just telling you what's real.

I seen him make tracks from scratch. My whole record the n*gga made damn near everything from scratch. "Ain't No Fun", Daz and Warren G brought him the little *sings melody*, that's all they had! Dre took that muthafu*ka to the next level! Warren G brought in the Donny Hathaway, "Little Ghetto Boy, laying in the ghetto streets." Dre flipped it like "Hold on, gimme that!" Took that muthafu*ka and made it straight hit!

Dubcnn: So you're saying it's wrong that Daz or Warren G would claim that they didn't get the credit they deserved on The Chronic or Doggystyle?

Snoop Interview, on Dre stealing beats, and Dre not taking credit when he should

By JFamis - 01-18-2007, 02:25 PM - The Hip-Hop Spot

This is actually old but I see a lot of people posting ignorant sh*t on BX still sayin they heard Daz said Dre stole this or so and so is ghost producing for Dre, so hear you go.

Snoop: I always tell n*ggas, I coulda went on some Snoop Dogg sh*t and just said "Ay Dre, do my next record." and just lock down and be like "fu*k all yall I got the hottest sh*t on the West, and I'm the reason bla bla bla". But I'm not selfish. I coulda smashed everythang and did that. Cause he's at my disposal. But I'd rather fu*k with other producers, other artists, and just give n*ggas an opportunity that I feel deserve it. Cause I fu*k with Dre, it's not gonna be Terrace Martin, it's gonna be Battlecat, it's not gonna be Soopafly. All these n*ggas is gone! It's gonna be Dr. Dre produced by. Even if ya'll produced it! You feel what I'm saying?

Dubcnn: It's crazy you say that though. A lot of people been saying that for a long time.

Nah, but when I say that, it's not disrespect, because them n*ggas will bring a track that sounds cool, but when he's finished with it, that muthafu*ka is immaculate. Like for example if you were to hear the Stevie Wonder song that Busta Rhymes brought to Dre before Dre touched it, you would think it's two different songs.

But, at the same time, Dre didn't take that from Sha Money. And when he was doing that for n*ggas back in the days, they didn't deserve to have their name in the game like that, because he did all of the work! So what you found a sample and you got a cool little drum file, but he brought the sh*t to life, so he really produced the track! Producing is bringing the track to life! Beatmakers make beats. A lot of n*ggas make beats. He produces tracks. So that ain't disrespect what I'm saying. I'm just telling you what's real.

I seen him make tracks from scratch. My whole record the n*gga made damn near everything from scratch. "Ain't No Fun", Daz and Warren G brought him the little *sings melody*, that's all they had! Dre took that muthafu*ka to the next level! Warren G brought in the Donny Hathaway, "Little Ghetto Boy, laying in the ghetto streets." Dre flipped it like "Hold on, gimme that!" Took that muthafu*ka and made it straight hit!

Dubcnn: So you're saying it's wrong that Daz or Warren G would claim that they didn't get the credit they deserved on The Chronic or Doggystyle?

I'ma say it like this: they didn't deserve the credit back then because they didn't do the work. They made beats, Dre produced that record. Point blank, and I'd say it in they face. They made beats, cuzz produced the record. If you a real n*gga in the rap game, you'll understand what I'm saying. I can make a beat, but I can't produce! I can make a beat, but can I tell a n*gga what to rap about, can I tell him when to come with the hook? Can you break the beat down? That's what producing is.

Dubcnn: Right, but if I brought in the beat, I would still want my name somewhere.

But, if you brought in the beat, that's all you did, was brought in the beat. You didn't produce this record. This song says "Produced by" not "brought in the beat by". Keep it real! So that's what n*ggas got wrong, and they started pointing fingers and try to bad mouth him, when in actuality Dre doesn't need ya'll, ya'll needed him! Because this sh*t ya'll learned from him, that made ya'll better producers. He didn't learn sh*t from ya'll! See that's what n*ggas don't understand! Before The Chronic, how many hit records did Dre have before that? Everything he made was a hit record right?

Dubcnn: Right.

How many hits did Warren G make, how many hits did Daz make? None. None. Okay now, look at the tracks that they produced on The Chronic. Did they have any records like that by theyselves? No. You answer the question for me!

Dubcnn: Maybe on Dogg Food?

Come on man! Dogg Food was produced by Soopafly, Daz and Dr. Dre!

Dubcnn: Dre mixed it right?

No, Dre produced a lot of that sh*t! I'm telling you, Daz and them brought Dre beats, and he produced the muthafu*kas! "What Would You Do" was just a beat that Daz had did. That "bu-bump, bu-bump", the n*gga Dre put all that sh*t on it, that *sings* What would you do, whaa *sings* just to give it that other sh*t! I'm telling you what I know man! n*ggas gotta give Dre the ultimate respect. n*ggas try to bash him and cut his knees down like he didn't do nothing n*gga, he's the saviour man! Because what he did was, he showed n*ggas how to produce. Because n*ggas was good at making beats, but he showed you n*ggas how to produce! If ya'll had really did what ya'll say ya'll did, ya'll woulda put records out that sold 3-4 million on your own, like he did. I still have to see it!
All the records that they put out solo wise, GARBAGE. Warren G's last record, HOT TO death. The records in between, I don't know. And these are my homeboys, I don't lie to you, I tell it like it is!

Dubcnn: You don't like the Retaliation, Revenge & Get Back?

He was dissing me!

Dubcnn: I know, but it was still a good record!

I don't give a fu*k! I don't like records with n*ggas dissing me! What I look like man? I didn't smash him though. I had a record I did with Mack 10 that woulda shut is whole career down. I told him and I let him hear the record, I told him "n*gga, I'm gonna let you get away with this cause you're my little cousin, and you rolling with Suge. I'ma let you get away with it." But in actuality I shoulda smashed his a.ss and kicked him out of the game, but that ain't the type of n*gga I am! I love Daz and I know he was brainwashed! That would've been Suge's goal, to make two n*ggas lose for the price of one. So that's why I say I never really listen to that record cause I know the n*gga was dissing. But it didn't sell no units!

Dubcnn: It went gold..

It didn't go gold. They bought 300,000 copies of that record. See you didn't know that though.

see im not really understanding this, if someone else brought in the basics for a beat and dre added some other sh*t, then its a co-produced track, just cuz dre did some things to "bring it to life" doesnt mean he should take the sole credit for it
 6 years ago '04        #43
cormega74 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,739 | Props total: 2557 2557
 DSOM said:

I'ma say it like this: they didn't deserve the credit back then because they didn't do the work. They made beats, Dre produced that record. Point blank, and I'd say it in they face. They made beats, cuzz produced the record. If you a real n*gga in the rap game, you'll understand what I'm saying. I can make a beat, but I can't produce! I can make a beat, but can I tell a n*gga what to rap about, can I tell him when to come with the hook? Can you break the beat down? That's what producing is.

Dubcnn: Right, but if I brought in the beat, I would still want my name somewhere.

But, if you brought in the beat, that's all you did, was brought in the beat. You didn't produce this record. This song says "Produced by" not "brought in the beat by". Keep it real! So that's what n*ggas got wrong, and they started pointing fingers and try to bad mouth him, when in actuality Dre doesn't need ya'll, ya'll needed him! Because this sh*t ya'll learned from him, that made ya'll better producers. He didn't learn sh*t from ya'll! See that's what n*ggas don't understand! Before The Chronic, how many hit records did Dre have before that? Everything he made was a hit record right?

Dubcnn: Right.

How many hits did Warren G make, how many hits did Daz make? None. None. Okay now, look at the tracks that they produced on The Chronic. Did they have any records like that by theyselves? No. You answer the question for me!

Dubcnn: Maybe on Dogg Food?

Come on man! Dogg Food was produced by Soopafly, Daz and Dr. Dre!

Dubcnn: Dre mixed it right?

No, Dre produced a lot of that sh*t! I'm telling you, Daz and them brought Dre beats, and he produced the muthafu*kas! "What Would You Do" was just a beat that Daz had did. That "bu-bump, bu-bump", the n*gga Dre put all that sh*t on it, that *sings* What would you do, whaa *sings* just to give it that other sh*t! I'm telling you what I know man! n*ggas gotta give Dre the ultimate respect. n*ggas try to bash him and cut his knees down like he didn't do nothing n*gga, he's the saviour man! Because what he did was, he showed n*ggas how to produce. Because n*ggas was good at making beats, but he showed you n*ggas how to produce! If ya'll had really did what ya'll say ya'll did, ya'll woulda put records out that sold 3-4 million on your own, like he did. I still have to see it!
All the records that they put out solo wise, GARBAGE. Warren G's last record, HOT TO death. The records in between, I don't know. And these are my homeboys, I don't lie to you, I tell it like it is!

Dubcnn: You don't like the Retaliation, Revenge & Get Back?

He was dissing me!

Dubcnn: I know, but it was still a good record!

I don't give a fu*k! I don't like records with n*ggas dissing me! What I look like man? I didn't smash him though. I had a record I did with Mack 10 that woulda shut is whole career down. I told him and I let him hear the record, I told him "n*gga, I'm gonna let you get away with this cause you're my little cousin, and you rolling with Suge. I'ma let you get away with it." But in actuality I shoulda smashed his a.ss and kicked him out of the game, but that ain't the type of n*gga I am! I love Daz and I know he was brainwashed! That would've been Suge's goal, to make two n*ggas lose for the price of one. So that's why I say I never really listen to that record cause I know the n*gga was dissing. But it didn't sell no units!

It didn't go gold. They bought 300,000 copies of that record. See you didn't know that though.
Round of applause for you reply my brother. It was 10 times better than the actual thread. :agreement6::agreement6:
 6 years ago '04        #44
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,450 | Props total: 6520 6520
dre & timbo must do something because all of their understudies have never been as good without them overseeing it
 6 years ago '05        #45
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,727 | Props total: 2181 2181
 DSOM said:
This is actually old but I see a lot of people posting ignorant sh*t..

...let's not act like snoop wasn't hella mad in that interview.. So it ain't like it wasn't all un-biased
 6 years ago '06        #46
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
sad story...
 6 years ago '10        #47
wwwdotcom 20 heat pts20
space
space
$623 | Props total: 200 200
dude worked with The Roots. He's a talented pianist. Probably one of the few "composer's."
 04-03-2012, 05:19 PM         #48
GOD999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Prime example of having everything at one moment then fu*king it off like that.

It was all good 10 yrs ago
 04-03-2012, 05:23 PM         #49
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 wwwdotcom said:
dude worked with The Roots. He's a talented pianist. Probably one of the few "composer's."
whoa now, don't put this crackhead in the league with composers.

leave him in the "we pretend we're musicians" rap producer category
 6 years ago '04        #50
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,913 | Props total: 1157 1157
 urbangatsby said:
I remember when Scott Storch used to fu*k with Paris Hilton, Christina Aguilera, Brooke Hogan, Lil Kim, Kelly Rowland and various other R&B singers

I remember when Scott Storch had a Bugatti before Birdman, Lil Wayne, Diddy, Rick Ross, T-Pain, Flo Rida, Chris Brown and Jay-Z...he had a car collection worth millions of dollars

I remember he used to rep for Miami way before Lil Wayne and Young Money landed there after Katrina

I remember if someone had an Scott Storch beat, it was an automatic Top 5 Billboard song

I remember when Scott Storch showed his house on Cribs located on Star Island when him and Diddy were the only hip hop acts on that Island

I remember when Scott Storch had that diss track toward Timbaland and own clubs & bars on Ocean ave in South Beach

I remember when Scott Storch was tapping a Kardashian before Kim had a s3x tape(he was fu*king with Kourtney back when she was on that show in 2005)

Damn Coke is a helluva drug....should have stopped back in 2009 when he tried to have an comeback....imagine Drake over an Scott Storch beat
dawg...

...i remember all that sh*t too

i used to f*ck with scott storch's production so heavy from the early to mid-2000's

n*gga went from bein' worth $75 million to not havin' sh*t

oh well

better him than me
 6 years ago '12        #51
DreamChasers 87 heat pts87
space
space
$6,899 | Props total: 777 777
 DSOM said:
He went from 6 figures to $7500 a track?

Cocaine is a helluva drug
lmaooo wasnt cocaine man, hes a druggie at heart.
 6 years ago '05        #52
HUDA2daF 2 heat pts
space
space
$14,543 | Props total: 7673 7673
that n*gga nose prob started twitching when he saw her write that 30k check
 6 years ago '07        #53
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6147 6147
damn this dude just can't seem to get it together. damn shame.

was such a great producer
 04-03-2012, 05:50 PM         #54
K. Slack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JohnDoe said:
Music Career

Model Career

Treena Ruberg

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #55
BaseWhitaker 
space
space
$2,948 | Props total: 2817 2817
He came to do drugs...But you just came to sing.
 6 years ago '04        #56
DSOM 37 heat pts37 OP
space
space
$18,326 | Props total: 416 416

[video - click to view]

even the GOAT couldnt save this dude

[video - click to view]

produced by Storch
 6 years ago '04        #57
DSOM 37 heat pts37 OP
space
space
$18,326 | Props total: 416 416
 One Gud Cide said:
whoa now, don't put this crackhead in the league with composers.

leave him in the "we pretend we're musicians" rap producer category

[video - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

off dat Yay
 6 years ago '10        #58
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,552 | Props total: 199 199
 DSOM said:
dj skee: where is scott storch 10 years from now
storch: scott storch is scoring...

yeah just leave it there scott.
 6 years ago '07        #59
Jae_Mike 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,387 | Props total: 1062 1062
Legendary hip hop producer Scott Storch is being sued by an aspiring singer ... who claims she paid Storch a ton of money to produce her album
 6 years ago '06        #60
StreetZ17 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,785 | Props total: 469 469
Somehow.... Deep down.... I think Lil' Kim is the blame on making him fall from grace.

I think.... Lil' Kim must've been Ike Turner in that relationship.
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Jadeveon Clowney Calls Blake Bortles 'Trash' After Jaguars' Win
54 comments
18 hours ago