Steph Kegels
85 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
55 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
117 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-02-2012, 10:37 AM         #1
14148 pageviews
165 comments

pabloescobarjr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Apr 2 - Md. woman won't share $105M lotto jackpot with McD's co-workers

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

MONEY TROUBLES: Mirlande Wilson claims she purchased a winning Mega Millions ticket for herself and won’t share it with co-workers in her pool, including Davon Wilson and Suleiman Osman Husein (above, from left).

Mega Millions mania has plunged a Maryland McDonald’s into a bubbling cauldron of controversy hotter than a deep-fried apple pie.

Workers at the fast-food joint who pooled their cash for tickets are furious at a colleague who claims she won with a ticket she bought for herself and has no intention of sharing.

“We had a group plan, but I went and played by myself. [The ‘winning’ ticket] wasn’t on the group plan,” McDonald’s “winner’’ Mirlande Wilson 37, told The Post yesterday, insisting she alone bought one of the three tickets nationwide that will split a record $656 million payout.

“I was in the group, but this was separate. The winning ticket was a separate ticket,” the single mother of seven said as she and her fiancé left her home in the squalid Westport neighborhood to attend church.

The Haitian immigrant refused to show what she said was the winning ticket, claiming she had it hidden in another location and would present it to lottery officials today.

Pressed as the day went on, she became more cagey.

“I don’t know if I won. Some of the numbers were familiar. I recognized some of [them],’’ she said. “I don’t know why’’ people are saying differently. “I’m going to go to the lottery office [today]. I bought some tickets separately.”

With winning tickets also sold in Illinois and Kansas, a single Maryland winner would get an after-tax lump sum of $105 million, or $5.59 million a year for 26 years.

If Wilson won, and if it was with a pooled work ticket, the situation would be shockingly similar to that of New Jersey lottery louse Americo Lopes, who tried to screw five former colleagues after hitting a $24 million jackpot before a jury ordered him to spread the wealth.

Wilson’s co-workers — who make little more than $7.50 an hour — are sizzling with anger over the notion.

“She can’ t do this to us!” said Suleiman Osman Husein, a shift manager and one of 15 members in the pool. “We each paid $5. She took everybody’s money!”

A man identifying himself as the boyfriend of a McDonald’s manager named Layla, who was part of the pool, said Wilson bought tickets for the group at the 7-Eleven in Milford Mill, where the winning ticket was sold.

The group’s tickets — along with a list of those who contributed to the pool — were left in an office safe at the burger joint, said the man, who gave only his first name, Allen, as he stood next to Layla. She declined to comment.

Then, late Friday, before the night’s drawing, the owner of the McDonald’s, Birul Desai, gave Wilson $5 to buy more tickets for the pool on her way home from work, and she went back to the 7-Eleven and bought them, Allen said.

Wilson took those tickets home with her, Allen said.

But Wilson insisted yesterday that she had bought the second batch with an unidentified pal — not for the pool — and that the winning ticket was among them.

A day earlier, a delirious Wilson had called co-workers to break the news — tellingly used the first-person singular.

“I won! I won!” she cried, Allen said.

Another colleague, Davon Wilson, no relation, said he was there when Mirlande Wilson called.

“She said, ‘Turn on the news.’ She said she had won. I thought it was a joke or something. She doesn’t seem like a person who’d do this,” he said.

Allan said he and Layla went to Wilson’s home and pounded on the door for 20 minutes until she finally came out.

“These people are going to k!ll you. It’s not worth your life!” Allen said he told her.

“All right! All right! I’ll share, but I can’t find the ticket right now,” she finally said, according to Allen.

Yohannes Michael, a clerk at the 7-Eleven where Wilson bought the tickets, expressed doubts about her story when he said yesterday that lottery officials have reviewed the store’s video and believe that a man bought the winning ticket. Lottery rep Carole Everett would not confirm that.

Reached at his Fairfax, Va., home, Desai, the McDonald’s owner, declined to comment except to say, “It’s all bulls--t, if you ask me. It’s speculation.”

[pic - click to view]

Maryland woman claims she has Mega Millions winning ticket and won’t share with co-workers in her lottery pool at McDonald’s - NYPOST.com

165 comments for "Apr 2 - Md. woman won't share $105M lotto jackpot with McD's co-workers"

6 years ago '07        #2
FeedTheBeast 22 heat pts22
space
space
$13,314 | Props total: 8562 8562
I dont understand why people do these pools anyway..........get yo own damn ticket.
 04-02-2012, 10:47 AM         #3
pabloescobarjr  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FeedTheBeast said:
I dont understand why people do these pools anyway..........get yo own damn ticket.
it increases your chances of winning.. but the first rule is you photocopy all the tickets so some grimy person can't pull this sh*t
 6 years ago '04        #4
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,911 | Props total: 2549 2549
smh grimey sh*t... hope her fam out the hood.
 04-02-2012, 11:01 AM         #5
Silver N Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that's fu*ked up
 04-02-2012, 11:07 AM         #6
easybreezy88  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats just wrong.
 6 years ago '04        #8
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,645 | Props total: 2651 2651
If she was white, she woulda shared.
 6 years ago '08        #9
_JAY_ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,144 | Props total: 113 113
sounds like they'd be able to take it to court. if the system fails em......murder TIME! (I got a sroty to tell.....)
 6 years ago '11        #10
zenndogg98 26 heat pts26
space
space
$751 | Props total: 1 1
A single mother of 7 working at McDonald's. You already knew some grimmey sh*t was about to happen.
 6 years ago '05        #11
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,452 | Props total: 25145 25145
The Haitian immigrant
This bi*ch Aint Getting The Money Now,She Know She Aint Got Them Legal Papers ....She Better Share Cause She Cant Even Go Get It. This Is fu*ked Up....This Why You Cant Trust "n*ggas".
 6 years ago '05        #12
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,467 | Props total: 7117 7117
Seems fishy to me. 15 of them chipped in 5 bucks apiece but she happened to win with a 5 dollar ticket that she bought on her way home?

There's a very real chance that the co-workers made up this story because they are jealous and want some money. And in fact, that's actually not a bad idea by them if that is the case. The article said a similar situation happened a while back and the judge ordered the person to split the money . How could it ever be proved that the winning ticket was a part of the poll? My mom was in a poll at work and had her own separate tickets on the side. People DO do that.

To be honest, if I was the one holding the tickets and one of them won I honestly don't know if I'd share. I'd just quit my job and move or something .

But, after this story, if anyone I ever work with hits big on the lotto you can bet your a.ss me and some co workers will conjure up some story about how we were all in a poll and pitched in on tickets.
 6 years ago '04        #13
J.BEEZY 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,325 | Props total: 2476 2476
if she wants to do it the hard way she will be sued and she will lose...
 6 years ago '04        #14
DERRTY CHYBO 12 heat pts12
space
space
$11,717 | Props total: 788 788
 6 years ago '07        #15
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 FeedTheBeast said:
you failed basic math then
 6 years ago '04        #16
bouncer900 
space
space
$4,011 | Props total: 87 87
 04-02-2012, 03:52 PM         #17
RamsGold  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
least she can do is buy them happy meals for a year. nah mean?
 6 years ago '06        #18
JUICEbox 
space
space
$740 | Props total: 411 411
n*ggas is laughin at ur post...im a hunnid on that...ill throw away my entire life for the principle of it
 04-02-2012, 04:19 PM         #19
KittenWhisperer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That seems really shady. Shame on her if this is true.
 6 years ago '05        #20
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,889 | Props total: 5126 5126
 JUICEbox said:
n*ggas is laughin at ur post...im a hunnid on that...ill throw away my entire life for the principle of it
n*ggas do it for far less than that lol
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
105 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
39 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
72 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
19 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
65 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy