Apr 1 - Public opinion shifts on Trayvon Martin case

most viewed right now
 Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
202 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NCAAF Georgia LB Natrez Patrick was arrested for this amount of weed
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
96 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
8065 pageviews
149 comments

zogby 42 heat pts42
space
space
$2,131 | Props total: 26 26
Apr 1 - Public opinion shifts on Trayvon Martin case

[pic - click to view]

Public opinion shifts on Trayvon Martin case - Yahoo! News

As news develops about the investigation into the Feb. 26 Trayvon Martin shooting in Sanford, Fla., nationwide support for the arrest of George Zimmerman, the shooter, is softening. That’s the message from a pair of polls — one conducted March 25-26 and the other March 27-28.
The earlier poll, from CNN, found that 73 percent of Americans were in favor of police arresting Zimmerman, the self-appointed neighborhood watch leader who k!lled Martin after what he has said was an altercation initiated by the unarmed teen.
But just two days later, a national poll from Wilson Perkins Allen (WPA) Opinion Research determined that just 48 percent of Americans said police should arrest Zimmerman — a decrease of 25 percent.
The two polls shared the same distribution of political partisans, each sampling 30 percent Democrats and 25 percent Republicans. The remaining 45 percent either identified themselves as independents or declined to answer the question.
In the WPA poll, 39 percent said they believe Trayvon Martin was “minding his own business” when he was attacked. Just 18 percent said they thought “Zimmerman was attacked” by the teen.
And in a separate question, 74 percent of those polled said they believe racial profiling “is a problem in America today.”
Yet less than half, during the Tuesday-Wednesday polling, said Zimmerman should be arrested.
The margins of error for the CNN and WPA polls were 3.0 and 3.4 percentage points, respectively.

149 comments for "Apr 1 - Public opinion shifts on Trayvon Martin case"

6 years ago '05        #2
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
^ hey look guys.... its a racist ^
 6 years ago '08        #3
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,060 | Props total: 4841 4841
Odd. The majority said racial profiling is a huge problem in the States, and more people believe that Martin was minding his business as opposed to Zimmerman being attacked, yet those who believe that Zimmerman should be jailed dropped by +25%? Interesting.
 6 years ago '05        #4
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
 Supa Mario 910 said:
^^^^

Hey, I found another one.
yeup... I'm racist...

All because I'm white and didn't automatically believe Zimmerman coudlnt have acted in self defense...

Whereas you have shown your hatred for white people over and over just because of skin color.

But we'll just ignore these facts
 6 years ago '05        #5
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
 Supa Mario 910 said:
No, you're a racist because even with evidence of Zimmerman's guilt, you've decided to play race agitator on this board. People like you throw stones, and hide your hands like a bi*ch. How have I shown my hatred for whites? I said most of them are racists and I prove it time and time again. I wonder if your Black 'friend' knows he's friend with a racist son of a bi*ch such as yourself.
And I said Zimmerman should be arrested... after all the info came out about the case...

You all just kept calling me racist because I said it could be self defense... and I would show how I felt it was.

So that's what it takes to be a racist now?

And race agitator... how? Because I was simply saying Zimmerman could have been acting in self defense? That's being a race agitator?
 04-01-2012, 11:38 AM         #6
CS35 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This message is hidden because Supa Mario 910 is on your ignore list.

04-01-2012, 11:49 AM         #7
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bi*ch a.ss still calling racism I see?

Either way we do not know what it was. It could have been, it could of not been. For starters what happened technically is none of my business, and lastly the matter in general zimmerman wrong, martin wrong, w/e doesn't have anything to do with me.

I got enough to deal with in my own life. I ain't getting pressed over the issue. It is what it is.
 6 years ago '08        #8
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
WPA poll? White people of America? I never heard of this sh*t, either way the fact that 50% of people polled by WPA could not support the arrest of George Zimmerman shows how widely accepted racial profiling is. Some people live vicariously through Zimmerman because it justifies their own history of racial profiling. 9 times outta 10 if a dude supports Zimmerman, he's probably the same guy who locks his car door around black men and crosses the street from black men.
 6 years ago '09        #9
K0ntrast 63 heat pts63
space
space
$29,689 | Props total: 13216 13216
 6 years ago '05        #10
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
 Chief Dee said:
WPA poll? White people of America? I never heard of this sh*t, either way the fact that 50% of people polled by WPA could not support the arrest of George Zimmerman shows how widely accepted racial profiling is. Some people live vicariously through Zimmerman because it justifies their own history of racial profiling. 9 times outta 10 if a dude supports Zimmerman, he's probably the same guy who locks his car door around black men and crosses the street from black men.
Or it shows how widely accepted his self defense claim is after all the info came out...
 6 years ago '08        #11
space
space
 Chief Dee said:
But the poll stated three quarters of Anericans believe that racial profiling is a problem in the States
 04-01-2012, 12:52 PM         #12
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lou Pena said:
Well all the latinos and mexicans must of hit those polls up cause they cant stand black people
that's a very ignorant thing to say
 04-01-2012, 12:55 PM         #13
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lou Pena said:
Well all the latinos and mexicans must of hit those polls up cause they cant stand black people
ese's don't even vote, you think they give a fu*k about polls?
 6 years ago '08        #14
space
space
 S.TEX said:
ese's don't even vote, you think they give a fu*k about polls?
 04-01-2012, 01:40 PM         #15
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Freemind said:
Or it shows how widely accepted his self defense claim is after all the info came out...

(We have a winner!)
 04-01-2012, 01:44 PM         #16
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stlcardinals19 said:
But the poll stated three quarters of Anericans believe that racial profiling is a problem in the States
So 52% are saying a dead black kid isn't.
 6 years ago '08        #17
space
space
 Patrick Galooly said:
So 52% are saying a dead black kid isn't.
Yea, that's what I found so odd w/this poll.
 6 years ago '08        #18
DooM 66 heat pts66
space
space
$28,009 | Props total: 19909 19909
where are they getting these numbers from, i havent been polled on this issue... and alot of other issues that are so called public opinion
 04-01-2012, 03:47 PM         #19
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JosephDoom said:
where are they getting these numbers from, i havent been polled on this issue... and alot of other issues that are so called public opinion
Here we go again.. obviously you do not frequent the websites it was conducted on. I.e. news sites.
 04-01-2012, 03:50 PM         #20
Coo Coo Cal 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh look this guy made another pro-zimmerman thread
its starting to seem like hes your hero
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
85 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
41 comments
20 hours ago