Best Buy to close 50 stores, entertainment sales way down

most viewed right now
 148
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
98 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 110
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 91
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 82
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
28 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #101
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
 TheMagicMan said:
Best Buy didn't realize fast enough that people dont care where they shop, or how long it takes for them to get their item, as long as they get the lowest price possible.

Best Buy had too many stores...this was inevitable. They need to focus more on offering good online deals (they've been doing better) and having smaller stores for the high ticket / showroom items.

It won't hurt if you also teach your employees to be upfront with your uninformed customers. I argued with a dude for 20 minutes because he wanted to debate me as to why the 200 dollar HDMI cable was better than a 5 dollar one at monoprice . By the end of the discussion I had 2 customers who overheard us thank me for putting them on to monoprice . We've gotten to the point where most people trust the reviews on Amazon or an electronic Forum over that of your employees...

best buy also got outed for having a bullsh*t website. say they have a deal on their site for in-store only, get to the store and nothing on their computers show this deal their site had.



seriously, fu*k this piece of sh*t store. i hope it goes bankrupt. unintelligent people working there top to bottom.
 6 years ago '05        #102
_Player2 208 heat pts208
space
avatar space
space
$13,407 | Props total: 9256 9256
best buy used to be the sh*t in the 90s tho
 6 years ago '04        #103
Calamity 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,023 | Props total: 1850 1850
damn i gotta spend this fcking gift card
 6 years ago '04        #104
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$43,391 | Props total: 11739 11739
online shopping with no tax and 40 percent off >>>> Retail Markup with tax
 6 years ago '07        #105
six1twan 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$981 | Props total: 179 179
So if there closing Best Buys how will HHGregg survive
 6 years ago '07        #106
DaForce13 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$4,643 | Props total: 437 437
 Sabotage said:
best buy also got outed for having a bullsh*t website. say they have a deal on their site for in-store only, get to the store and nothing on their computers show this deal their site had.



seriously, fu*k this piece of sh*t store. i hope it goes bankrupt. unintelligent people working there top to bottom.
wow
 6 years ago '04        #107
Wigs 
space
avatar space
space
$703 | Props total: 7 7
Buy a DVD for $16 at Walmart or $25 at Best Buy, you decide?
 6 years ago '05        #108
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$15,112 | Props total: 1559 1559
 Wigs said:
Buy a DVD for $16 at Walmart or $25 at Best Buy, you decide?
Several people have said this kind of thing but the walmart here is higher than Best Buy. I figured all stores had the same pricing.
 6 years ago '07        #109
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
avatar space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
 pete jr said:
Amazon k!lling these stores. Consumers are becoming too smart. I used to like shopping at best buy, but only to get a feel for a product before I ordered it online for a discounted price. I wouldn't be surprised if 10 years from now all of these electronic stores were replaced with online markets.
This is true for me too. I only go to Best Buy to checkout products before I buy them off Amazon or something. Also, I go to Best Buy just to browse products and if there's any I like, I go look it up online and grab it. Why pay extra when I can get the same sh*t for less?
 6 years ago '07        #110
sittinpretti 79 heat pts79
space
avatar space
space
$3,208 | Props total: 2684 2684
 TheMagicMan said:
2nd Computer/Smartphone/Tablet/Friend's Computer

Most people these days have at least 2-3 ways to access the internet
You gotta think what about the folks thats not computer savvy and dont know how to do anything but turn it on/off and get on the net. They aren't going to know how to fix one
 6 years ago '07        #111
balla9969 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,877 | Props total: 704 704
I love how people are saying best buy prices are high on dvds and games its called sales there are sales every week if you chose to pay full price go ahead i work there and havent paid full price for a game in i dont know how long. Now a days the new release go in sale in two weeks so get it then.

and not every store is the same with customer service, dont come up to me when im working in computers and asked me about tvs thats just not my stong bout you cant expect the employees to know everything.
 6 years ago '05        #112
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$13,555 | Props total: 1156 1156
 balla9969 said:
I love how people are saying best buy prices are high on dvds and games its called sales there are sales every week if you chose to pay full price go ahead i work there and havent paid full price for a game in i dont know how long. Now a days the new release go in sale in two weeks so get it then.

and not every store is the same with customer service, dont come up to me when im working in computers and asked me about tvs thats just not my stong bout you cant expect the employees to know everything.
you actually prove a good point. they need to train there employees to be more knowledgeable then they are about there products and maybe go a bit deeper in interviews. i mean you could pay some individuals with real knowledge more money and make more profit and have a better reputation or employ a bunch of part timers minimum wage and end up in this kind of a mess.

not to mention there warranties and customer service is horrible. you have to f!ght them for anything. where walmart it breaks you get a new one they don't ask anything.


Last edited by carden2; 04-02-2012 at 12:26 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #113
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
 Blacknitro said:
Why the fu*k r u paying so much attention to who's standing around. If u want some help, then ask for it instead of being a scary bi*ch. Stop hating on people for gettin paid without slavin it. Leave us alone. We got the game on lock, bi*ch. :dancingcool:
@ asking a bb employee for help. they are dumb as fu*k
 6 years ago '04        #114
sideshow20 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$9,585 | Props total: 552 552
get rid of geek squad and they "think they know it all" techs and they will be good. They charge too damn much for fixing lil sh*t on pc and laptops its a shame.

Thats why i fix my own sh*t
 6 years ago '04        #115
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 80 80
 carden2 said:
you actually prove a good point. they need to train there employees to be more knowledgeable then they are about there products and maybe go a bit deeper in interviews. i mean you could pay some individuals with real knowledge more money and make more profit and have a better reputation or employ a bunch of part timers minimum wage and end up in this kind of a mess.

not to mention there warranties and customer service is horrible. you have to f!ght them for anything. where walmart it breaks you get a new one they don't ask anything
.
question. if you ran walmart or best buy or whatever store, would you just take returns on items without asking questions? would you believe the customer is always right? does that make good business sense?

if i return a macbook and no one checks it until after i leave, and it's found to have a cracked screen whos fault is that? i'll wait...
 6 years ago '04        #116
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
 Kalon said:
question. if you ran walmart or best buy or whatever store, would you just take returns on items without asking questions? would you believe the customer is always right? does that make good business sense?

if i return a macbook and no one checks it until after i leave, and it's found to have a cracked screen whos fault is that? i'll wait...
wal mart makes billions upon billions every year. doesnt matter whos fault, wal-mart didnt lose any money on that sh*t if you return in broken or not
 6 years ago '11        #117
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
 Kalon said:
question. if you ran walmart or best buy or whatever store, would you just take returns on items without asking questions? would you believe the customer is always right? does that make good business sense?

if i return a macbook and no one checks it until after i leave, and it's found to have a cracked screen whos fault is that? i'll wait...
companies get credit from manufacturers on returned products dude...
 6 years ago '05        #118
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$15,112 | Props total: 1559 1559
 wjcorner said:
companies get credit from manufacturers on returned products dude...
True to an extent, but if the customers says it doesn't work and Best Buy/Walmart trusts them without checking it and sends it back and they find that it does work then they charge Best Buy/Walmart whoever.

Lots of stores have cracked down on their return policy. I tried returning something to Walmart and they wouldn't let me do it without a receipt even when I said it was a gift. Tried two different walmarts and everything.

I heard that in a couple years states are going to force Amazon to charge tax (I know for sure Indiana is, I don't know about others). Local businesses complained that Amazon has an unfair advantage since they don't charge tax and they passed some laws that go into effect in the future that will require Amazon and other online retailers to charge tax.
 6 years ago '07        #119
balla9969 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,877 | Props total: 704 704
 Sabotage said:
wal mart makes billions upon billions every year. doesnt matter whos fault, wal-mart didnt lose any money on that sh*t if you return in broken or not
you still take a hit from the manufactures if you dont check the items and something is wrong and you ever heard of rocks in a box ? its if you come in with a xbox in a "box" but its really nothing but a book and some paper we get in trouble for that but are return policy is not that bad if you dont have a receipt we simply try to look it up for you
 6 years ago '07        #120
balla9969 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,877 | Props total: 704 704
 carden2 said:
you actually prove a good point. they need to train there employees to be more knowledgeable then they are about there products and maybe go a bit deeper in interviews. i mean you could pay some individuals with real knowledge more money and make more profit and have a better reputation or employ a bunch of part timers minimum wage and end up in this kind of a mess.

not to mention there warranties and customer service is horrible. you have to f!ght them for anything. where walmart it breaks you get a new one they don't ask anything.
man when i first got their i was gaming music and dvds they dont ask you do you know this and that about every department because that not that what i interviewed for over time i learned most the departments but technology is moving so fast ill learn something next thing you know its gone and something new is out. I usually do my own research or i talk to people in departments i dont know because there is really no time to teach
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 69
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 51
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 43
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 29
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
46 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
14 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 19
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 19
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
137 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy