Best Buy to close 50 stores, entertainment sales way down

most viewed right now
 132
Kevin Hart X-mad card
33 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 122
Steph Kegels
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 81
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
103 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 64
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 03-30-2012, 05:03 PM         #21
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 206 MrSonics said:

[pic - click to view]



fu*k BEST BUY.. i seriously hate my local best buy and hope all the clueless f*gs there are fired
You are a piece of sh*t to hope people lose their jobs, especially in this sh*tty economy.

And do you expect the people there to actually know what they are talking about? it's a fu*king retail store, any retail store you go into will have clueless people.

Long as bestbuy continues to offer great deals i have no problem with them.

 Apostrophe said:
I hate Best Buy. Store is such a rip off. $35, $40 blu-rays. Everything they sell is always twice as much as it is on Amazon. Their own greed is what cost them. Oh and lets not forget the 5 dollar hdmi cables that they sell for $50.
You must have some crazy best buy because every other bestbuy has crazy weekly $10 blu-ray deals.

Always browse deals, BB always has good videogame/movie deals.


Last edited by IronMaiden; 03-30-2012 at 05:05 PM..
 03-30-2012, 05:16 PM         #22
dredre73 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 206 MrSonics said:

[pic - click to view]



fu*k BEST BUY.. i seriously hate my local best buy and hope all the clueless f*gs there are fired
fu*k you sloppy hoe i work at best buy and not everyone who works at buy is clueless.....dumb a.ss.
 6 years ago '06        #23
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$13,532 | Props total: 953 953
I go to bb to demo then i go online and buy...cheaper
 6 years ago '06        #24
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
avatar space
space
$31,928 | Props total: 7 7
fu*king

Best Buy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 6 years ago '10        #25
chenderson12 43 heat pts43
space
avatar space
space
$2,171 | Props total: 986 986
no they arent going out business.. best buy took a smart approach to business... they had 50 stores that where non profitable which they paid tons of money renting the buildings for... they close down the stores and opened over 150 best buy mobiles nation wide... true facts..
 6 years ago '10        #26
chenderson12 43 heat pts43
space
avatar space
space
$2,171 | Props total: 986 986
and amazon has no profit margin whatsover.. businesses dont make money off of product they make money off services (geek squad, Home theater set ups etc)
 6 years ago '07        #27
DiplomatMagic 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$5,400 | Props total: 35 35
bestbuy is the sh*t, id be pissed if they closed down by me
 6 years ago '07        #28
balla9969 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,877 | Props total: 704 704
im glad they not closing the store i work at but there advertising for games suck i have to tell every customer who comes in that we do trade ins and sale pre owned games so the company failed in that part but people are becoming smart they us pretty much to get info then go and buy the product online
 6 years ago '10        #29
chenderson12 43 heat pts43
space
avatar space
space
$2,171 | Props total: 986 986
lol people dont understand the business side of things.. they could have left those stores open and lose tons of money and be like circuit city
 6 years ago '07        #30
balla9969 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,877 | Props total: 704 704
 Dapper Don said:
they sure as fk know how to push that Geek Squad or extended BB warranty in your face tho.
and i laugh at people who dont get the protection on the products that covers accidental damage dummies come in there 2 months later like uh my screen broke i say u get the protection plan they so no and i just laugh
 03-30-2012, 05:31 PM         #31
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 balla9969 said:
im glad they not closing the store i work at but there advertising for games suck i have to tell every customer who comes in that we do trade ins and sale pre owned games so the company failed in that part but people are becoming smart they us pretty much to get info then go and buy the product online
the 2 local best buys here advertise the sh*t out of trade-ins, theres a huge banner before you walk in that says "WE BUY VIDEO GAMES" and they have a big trade-in center infront of the games section with a guy standing there.

i think they just started rolling out sections like that across all BB stores, i know BB wants to get more involved in the gaming scene which is a good thing.
 6 years ago '04        #32
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
avatar space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
 chenderson12 said:
and amazon has no profit margin whatsover.. businesses dont make money off of product they make money off services (geek squad, Home theater set ups etc)
you have NO idea what the fu*k you are talking about... Amazon made $177 million PROFIT... not net income but PROFIT... last year...

in case you dont' know Profit is it's "Net income - operating costs"
 6 years ago '10        #33
chenderson12 43 heat pts43
space
avatar space
space
$2,171 | Props total: 986 986
 Da Ill One said:
you have NO idea what the fu*k you are talking about... Amazon made $177 million PROFIT... not net income but PROFIT... last year...

in case you dont' know Profit is it's "Net income - operating costs"
and best buy made over 1.2 billion.... your point?
 6 years ago '10        #34
chenderson12 43 heat pts43
space
avatar space
space
$2,171 | Props total: 986 986
 balla9969 said:
and i laugh at people who dont get the protection on the products that covers accidental damage dummies come in there 2 months later like uh my screen broke i say u get the protection plan they so no and i just laugh
i work in magnolia...
 6 years ago '04        #35
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
avatar space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
 chenderson12 said:
and best buy made over 1.2 billion.... your point?
No they didn't... "The world's largest consumer electronics chain said its net profit fell to $177 million"


[pic - click to view]



And my point was you said Amazon has NO profit margin..I was saying you are wrong they do have Profit margin...
 6 years ago '07        #36
balla9969 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,877 | Props total: 704 704
 IronMaiden said:
the 2 local best buys here advertise the sh*t out of trade-ins, theres a huge banner before you walk in that says "WE BUY VIDEO GAMES" and they have a big trade-in center infront of the games section with a guy standing there.

i think they just started rolling out sections like that across all BB stores, i know BB wants to get more involved in the gaming scene which is a good thing.
we had a banner up but its not that anymore but pretty much bestbuy wants to take over the gaming industry but its not looking good most my shift im chilling reading the gamer magazine
 6 years ago '07        #37
balla9969 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,877 | Props total: 704 704
 chenderson12 said:
i work in magnolia...
im in gaming and some time portable electronics
 6 years ago '06        #38
lato9905 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$8,422 | Props total: 2622 2622
Close all them overpriced sh*ts down.
 6 years ago '11        #39
peelerdude 
space
avatar space
space
$24 | Props total: 1 1
fu*k that overpriced store of entertainment
 6 years ago '05        #40
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$15,112 | Props total: 1563 1563
I used to work there and still know a lot of people that do. Seems like a good business move to close your least profitable stores, open more of the Best Buy Mobile stand alone stores that make you tons of money and get rid of 400 corporate employees who probably make too much.

A friend of mine that still works there said they are probably going to reduce their leadership headcount (less managers and less supervisors).
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 35
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 33
joie chavis
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 32
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
198 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 14
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
62 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 10
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
 10
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 8
Deranged Serial Killer Stories Most People Don't Know About
32 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy