most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
70 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
7283 pageviews
129 comments

Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
Best Buy to close 50 stores, entertainment sales way down

[pic - click to view]

Best Buy reported losses of $1.7 billion over the last quarter, down from profits of $651 million in the same period of 2011.

Over the whole financial year, Best Buy lost $1.2 billion, almost the inverse of its 2011 performance of $1.3 billion profit.

According to
[pic - click to view]

Business Insider
, Best buy’s entertainment division – which includes games and movies – was the worst performing sector, dropping a further 20% year on year during this quarter.

The
[pic - click to view]

Star Tribune
reports Best Buy has announced 50 “big box” store closures.

The chain will also shed 400 staff, mostly from its corporate headquarters.

Best buy’s stock price fell in response to the announcements.

129 comments for "Best Buy to close 50 stores, entertainment sales way down"

6 years ago '04        #2
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
 206 MrSonics said:

[pic - click to view]

fu*k BEST BUY.. i seriously hate my local best buy and hope all the clueless f*gs there are fired
you should never wish another person to lose their job in this economy...no matter how broke you are and can't afford to shop at their place of employment...
 03-30-2012, 12:40 PM         #3
LakeHawks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OH NO NOT BEST BUY

WHAT WILL I EVER DO WITHOUT IT

First Circuit City

Now this

How the fu*k does gamestop stay open?
 6 years ago '04        #4
space
space
 Pierced Talentz said:
OH NO NOT BEST BUY

WHAT WILL I EVER DO WITHOUT IT

First Circuit City

Now this

Because alot of people don't automatically think of Best Buy for buying games... as sad as it is...it's Usually Gamestop/Amazon...they think of Best Buy for stuff like TV's, movies/CD's/ computers... and Best Buy doesn't advertise their trade in's...which is how Gamestop makes most of their money (buy it cheap sell it for more), and add on the fact that Best Buy doesn't take console trade ins at their stores it's online only and people don't really make BB their first choice...

The 5 years i lived in Colorado they were literally my second home...haven't been there much this year though...
 6 years ago '04        #5
space
space
 206 MrSonics said:
fu*k outta here f*ggot

its just the fact that they are idiots and clueless to the items they are selling
how many times have u walked into best buy and knew more than the sales person??
I don't know...because I don't ask questions about the stuff I buy from them unless it's "Where is this at"...I do my research before buying so I know what I want... I don't go in there and say "hey does this out put in 1080p" or some other dumb a.ss question ... don't buy if you don't know what you are buying
 6 years ago '11        #6
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
Jesus, Sonic and Ill getting mad defensive, both of ya'll need to calm down. Not everybody walks into a store knowing what they want Ill, and Sonic you really shouldn't wish misfortune upon somebody.
 6 years ago '04        #7
space
space
 Jesszman said:
Jesus, Sonic and Ill getting mad defensive, both of ya'll need to calm down. Not everybody walks into a store knowing what they want Ill, and Sonic you really shouldn't wish misfortune upon somebody.
i know this Jess...I said I Go into stores knowing what I want... I didn't say everyone did...
 03-30-2012, 01:09 PM         #8
LakeHawks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 206 MrSonics said:
how many times have u walked into best buy and knew more than the sales person??
All the time you want to know why?

They dont hire young adults who actually know their sh*t

INSTEAD

They hire grown a.ss adults who refer to a zune as a ipod.

Thats the main beef i have with best buy
 6 years ago '11        #9
space
space
space
I've only been inside best buy a handful of times. Closest one is an hour away from me.
 6 years ago '05        #10
TattooedMPsz 50 heat pts50
space
space
$25,392 | Props total: 8072 8072
Sonic is mad the supersonics got taken and they never will have a nba team again and has a picture of lin in his avy u are lost and butthurt my man get over it life goes on
 6 years ago '11        #11
space
space
space
 TattooedMPsz said:
Sonic is mad the supersonics got taken and they never will have a nba team again and has a picture of lin in his avy u are lost and butthurt my man get over it life goes on
fu*king
 03-30-2012, 02:24 PM         #12
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pierced Talentz said:
uh, because they make billions from used games?
 03-30-2012, 02:52 PM         #13
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They knew this was going to happen 5 years ago when Circuit City and other Multimedia/entertainment stores were closing. They actually are staying around ALOT longer than people had originally thought they would.
 6 years ago '04        #14
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2708 2708
They should close these stores IMO... Best Buy is useless besides TV's/Audio equipment and sh*t... Anything else you can find for better prices online...

If it was up to me, I would completely close all these stores and start online markets with people having the choice to pay for shipping or pick it up at various pick up centers... Saves time and prevents stupid sales people from trying to upsell...
 6 years ago '07        #15
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,328 | Props total: 1124 1124
Last time I went to Best Buy I was copping a tv.. no use to me for games cuz Amazon>>>>>>>>>>
 6 years ago '05        #16
kriskross00 103 heat pts103
space
space
$18,485 | Props total: 15695 15695
 TattooedMPsz said:
he mad cause the Sonics staff got fired
 6 years ago '07        #17
pete jr 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,973 | Props total: 1223 1223
Amazon k!lling these stores. Consumers are becoming too smart. I used to like shopping at best buy, but only to get a feel for a product before I ordered it online for a discounted price. I wouldn't be surprised if 10 years from now all of these electronic stores were replaced with online markets.
 6 years ago '06        #18
Dapper Don 
space
space
space
$861 | Props total: 0 0
 Da Ill One said:
I don't know...because I don't ask questions about the stuff I buy from them unless it's "Where is this at"...I do my research before buying so I know what I want... I don't go in there and say "hey does this out put in 1080p" or some other dumb a.ss question ... don't buy if you don't know what you are buying
they sure as fk know how to push that Geek Squad or extended BB warranty in your face tho.
 6 years ago '04        #19
space
space
 Dapper Don said:
they sure as fk know how to push that Geek Squad or extended BB warranty in your face tho.
yeah but that's there job though so it never bothered me...I just say no and keep it moving
 03-30-2012, 04:34 PM         #20
Apostrophe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I hate Best Buy. Store is such a rip off. $35, $40 blu-rays. Everything they sell is always twice as much as it is on Amazon. Their own greed is what cost them. Oh and lets not forget the 5 dollar hdmi cables that they sell for $50.
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
67 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
118 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
191 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy