Kanye West owned the 2000's

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
61 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
252 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Did Kanye run the 2000's?
Yeah 161 69.40%
Na 71 30.60%
Voters: 232. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #121
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
Kanye has consistently ruled throughout the 2000s. He didn't get hot and fizzle out. He weathered the storm and stood on at the top with the best of them every year. He ruled the 2000s.
 03-29-2012, 03:05 PM         #122
The Rebel INS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cutty Olds said:
His sales have NOTHING to do with raps influence...sorry thats how Hip Hop works...your posted all that good sh*t...and he STILL had no where NEAR the movement the Neptunes, Missy, and Timabaland had....These n*ggas changed the CULTURE bruh...there is NO stat for that...but it's a fact, Who in rap had a bigger crossover appeal than Pharrell? Go ahead...I'll wait....Same goes for Missy...Do NOT post production credits for Eminem when Missy shattered goals and got grammys and nods for her songs, albums, and other peoples albums...when you change a culture and people start to mimick your sound style and image then YOU are the bigger influence and you are the person who's running it..

How many n*ggas knocked off Neptune's beats?...How many knocked off an Eminem beat? (none...it doesn't happen )

How many n*ggas changed a cultures dress code? (You seen the way Marshall dresses?!??)...Made them accept another genre of music that was regarded for "white folks"
I mean damn Timbo and Missy had cats bouncing to Go Go tracks even..

Who was the go to producer or sogwriter to guarentee that smash single or album...It's NEVER been Eminem...

His influence in the 2000 is LIMIITED...He's a dope lyricists but for all his sales he doesn't compete with The Neptunes and Missy Elliot...I mean jesus christ have you seen The Neptunes production credits?!?!?? It's fu*king bannanas! Where you wearing Bapestas before the Neptunes introduced it? Trucker hats? Where you a black kid skateboarding? Did you make tracks that EVERY n*gga made a verse to on their mixtape? Did you help breathe life into Justin Timberlake's solo career?

^^^
The Neptunes did that, Timabaland did that, Missy did that...Not Em and there is NO stat for it.

sh*t Jay-Z even had a bigger influence...But there is no need to list all his accolades...word to Elvis and The Beatles. Selling out concerts in MINUTES MULTIPLE times...Em doesn't like to tour we know... but he wasn't the only one n*ggas was coming to see on the Up in Smoke Tour...that sh*t was RIDDLED with heat from top to bottom...so he can't even claim that one for himself even tho he had a big part to do with it....But Snoop was on fire, as well as Ice Cube and West Side Conneciton, Xzibit, The Dogg Pound, and others besides the fact Dr. Dre was on it as well....That was an All Star tour so of course it did the numbers it did...It was NOT a Eminem tour...But we know how Jay-Z tours and conerts go now don't we? n*ggas got his own color for a car made by Chevy and damn near tanked the BMW X5 for n*ggas in the hood hahaha...

So what Em was dubbed best rapper alive by Vibe...it's Vibe...Notice how he wasn't dubbed that by The Source or XXL...There is a REASON for that...and we're not even gonna get on the Rolling Stone, The Grammys are bullsh*t (well...atleast for hip hop they are...that's also a known fact )

Em is a very talented cat...I love the dude honestly...he's hated on for no reason by alot of folks...But to say HE owned the 2000's?...nah Bruh...he had his moments..but over a 10 year period??? He falls a bit short...If he never went into hiatus maybe...but he did so there it is.

^^^
Oh yeah I don't mean to sound like a d!ck...I curse alot and sh*t when I talk and type...

thread title is Kanye owned the 2000's

"No other hip hop artist has contributed as much to the 2000's like Kanye West"

It never mentions contribution to hip hop he says contributed to the 2000's...

Sorry to get technical but i"m not illiterate

For hip hop I give you Kanye for sure..

For the 2000's its Eminem by a landslide...

6 years ago '04        #123
gunit4life 
space
space
$2,110 | Props total: 0 0
Its the roc!!!!
 03-29-2012, 03:11 PM         #124
The Rebel INS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cutty Olds said:
His sales have NOTHING to do with raps influence...sorry thats how Hip Hop works...your posted all that good sh*t...and he STILL had no where NEAR the movement the Neptunes, Missy, and Timabaland had....These n*ggas changed the CULTURE bruh...there is NO stat for that...but it's a fact, Who in rap had a bigger crossover appeal than Pharrell? Go ahead...I'll wait....Same goes for Missy...Do NOT post production credits for Eminem when Missy shattered goals and got grammys and nods for her songs, albums, and other peoples albums...when you change a culture and people start to mimick your sound style and image then YOU are the bigger influence and you are the person who's running it..

How many n*ggas knocked off Neptune's beats?...How many knocked off an Eminem beat? (none...it doesn't happen )

How many n*ggas changed a cultures dress code? (You seen the way Marshall dresses?!??)...Made them accept another genre of music that was regarded for "white folks"
I mean damn Timbo and Missy had cats bouncing to Go Go tracks even..

Who was the go to producer or sogwriter to guarentee that smash single or album...It's NEVER been Eminem...

His influence in the 2000 is LIMIITED...He's a dope lyricists but for all his sales he doesn't compete with The Neptunes and Missy Elliot...I mean jesus christ have you seen The Neptunes production credits?!?!?? It's fu*king bannanas! Where you wearing Bapestas before the Neptunes introduced it? Trucker hats? Where you a black kid skateboarding? Did you make tracks that EVERY n*gga made a verse to on their mixtape? Did you help breathe life into Justin Timberlake's solo career?

^^^
The Neptunes did that, Timabaland did that, Missy did that...Not Em and there is NO stat for it.

sh*t Jay-Z even had a bigger influence...But there is no need to list all his accolades...word to Elvis and The Beatles. Selling out concerts in MINUTES MULTIPLE times...Em doesn't like to tour we know... but he wasn't the only one n*ggas was coming to see on the Up in Smoke Tour...that sh*t was RIDDLED with heat from top to bottom...so he can't even claim that one for himself even tho he had a big part to do with it....But Snoop was on fire, as well as Ice Cube and West Side Conneciton, Xzibit, The Dogg Pound, and others besides the fact Dr. Dre was on it as well....That was an All Star tour so of course it did the numbers it did...It was NOT a Eminem tour...But we know how Jay-Z tours and conerts go now don't we? n*ggas got his own color for a car made by Chevy and damn near tanked the BMW X5 for n*ggas in the hood hahaha...

So what Em was dubbed best rapper alive by Vibe...it's Vibe...Notice how he wasn't dubbed that by The Source or XXL...There is a REASON for that...and we're not even gonna get on the Rolling Stone, The Grammys are bullsh*t (well...atleast for hip hop they are...that's also a known fact )

Em is a very talented cat...I love the dude honestly...he's hated on for no reason by alot of folks...But to say HE owned the 2000's?...nah Bruh...he had his moments..but over a 10 year period??? He falls a bit short...If he never went into hiatus maybe...but he did so there it is.

^^^
Oh yeah I don't mean to sound like a d!ck...I curse alot and sh*t when I talk and type...

Sorry to get technical but i"m not illiterate when were we talking about raps influence?

For the 2000's its Eminem by a landslide... in 20 years "highest selling artist of an entire decade" doesn't go away... dope producer does sorry to say..

Last edited by The Rebel INS; 03-29-2012 at 03:18 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #125
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
 The Rebel INS said:

Sorry to get technical but i"m not illiterate

For the 2000's its Eminem by a landslide...

um... we are talkin about hip hop idiot
 6 years ago '11        #126
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
thank god I blocked young hov post a meek mill fan commenting on anything should be avoided
 03-29-2012, 03:24 PM         #127
The Rebel INS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Young Hov said:
um... we are talkin about hip hop idiot
born in 94 right?
 03-29-2012, 03:25 PM         #128
Old Man Quillis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #129
HEATrocz 
space
space
$1,080 | Props total: 1 1
If BE isn't a classic then eminem show wasn't a classic....
 6 years ago '12        #130
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,622 | Props total: 2135 2135
Who cares? Both are great artist. Just go listen to your favorite and shut the fu*k up.
 6 years ago '10        #131
VeX 
space
space
$3,718 | Props total: 43 43
Kanye influenced KRIT and Dipset production?

stop it.
 6 years ago '04        #132
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,906 | Props total: 1149 1149
(in terms of success in the rap music industry from 2000-2009)

1. eminem
2. 50 cent
3. kanye west
4. jay-z
5. lil' wayne

everyone else can eat a d*ck!!!
 03-29-2012, 03:30 PM         #133
Pacin0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
In terms of

Sales : Eminem
Production: Neptunes
Impact : 50 Cent/Jay-Z/Wayne
A little bit of each: Kanye
^this guy.
 03-29-2012, 03:35 PM         #134
Karamu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VeX said:
Kanye influenced KRIT and Dipset production?

stop it.
have you even listened to Dipset before Kanye came out???

Heatmakerz made a career out of using Kanye and Just Blaze's style

[video - click to view]

to

[video - click to view]

yeah Kanye didn't do sh*t
 6 years ago '06        #135
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
Majorily contributed to two other hip hop classics

????
 03-29-2012, 03:40 PM         #136
Ayena  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Eminem and 50.

Are you kids like 15?
 6 years ago '04        #137
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
thank god I blocked young hov post a meek mill fan commenting on anything should be avoided
 The Rebel INS said:
born in 94 right?

born in 76... but what does my age or me likin meek mill gotta do with the fact that kanye ran the 2000s idiots?
 6 years ago '04        #138
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,431 | Props total: 6465 6465
how people even saying 50. his reign didn't even last that long
 6 years ago '04        #139
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
the ones sayin 50 are even funnier than the ones sayin eminem
 6 years ago '12        #140
Rumpleforeskin 
space
space
space
$189 | Props total: 1 1
Eminem >

Kanye is a wussyboooy
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy