most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
51 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Did Kanye run the 2000's?
Yeah 161 69.40%
Na 71 30.60%
Voters: 232. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #101
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,426 | Props total: 6456 6456
 Kingpin 313 said:

d!ckriders arguing opinion with facts
so vanilla ice and nelly should be top 10 by your logic
 6 years ago '11        #102
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 Karamu said:
All Big Sean is good for his commercial hits, I didn't even have to bring him up in this thread because Kanye's influence surpasses his entire existence. If you consider most conscious rappers like Lupe Fiasco, Blu, Fashawn, J. Cole, Big KRIT, XV, Charles Hamilton, etc. to be f*ggots then I guess so, Kanye also helped dudes like Drake make it to the top and even if you don't like that you can't dismiss his impact.
how did kanye influence big krit because they both produce and rap? I think Dre did that first

You n*ggas reaching for the sky in this thread
 6 years ago '04        #103
space
space
 King856 said:
ok and wheres the proof Kanye influenced guys like J Cole or Blu

he hasnt even worked with these guys. let me guess they bit his style :rolleyes:

so we going to act like j.cole didn't get on the last call beat and didn't do the exact same sh!t kanye did
 03-29-2012, 12:56 PM         #104
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingpin 313 said:

d!ckriders arguing opinion with facts
impact on HIP-HOP. not pop culture (even though to can make an argument for Kanye with that)

Eminem brought fans to hip-hop that NEVER fu*ked with rap EVER

He brought over the white rock fans who used to say sh*t like "Can't spell crap without rap" and got them into HIM (not so much into the culture, hence the stans). Thats why the sales are so high, lil' wayne has gained this same type of fanbase, thats why Wayne is jumping on the skateboard bandwagon

You can't ignore Kanyes production, album quality, hardwork and consistency (not just the sales)
 6 years ago '04        #105
space
space
 King856 said:
so we gonna act like Jay-Z didn't do a song called 8 miles and running

I guess Em influenced him?

we gonna act like Jay didnt take an already made Renegade song and add his vocals?

there is a difference with having the same song title and doing a song the exact same way on the same beat
 03-29-2012, 01:03 PM         #106
Karamu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingpin 313 said:
how did kanye influence big krit because they both produce and rap? I think Dre did that first

You n*ggas reaching for the sky in this thread
J. Cole Kendrick and KRIT all credited Kanye as influences for their work, KRIT usually only names Outkast and UGK but he has said Kanye is another name for direction.
 6 years ago '04        #107
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
fukk the 21 lames that voted na
 6 years ago '05        #108
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,300 | Props total: 5487 5487
I can't stand Kanye as a person.... his douchy arrogance annoys the sh!t out of me. But I agree 100%. Kanye owned the 2000's. His influence cannot be ignored. He kept Hip-Hop interesting.

At the same time, his soul sample style was largely influenced by Little Brother and The Rza. His 808's and Heartbreaks album consisted of him biting the sound of electro-house that was popular with Hipsters at the time. Kanye is a genius at biting, and making it look revolutionary... when it really isn't.
 6 years ago '11        #109
pbballin 20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,922 | Props total: 1652 1652
lol it's been only 1 or 2 n*ggas hating on Ye in the whole thread.......lol I respect you're very consistent, but none of the attempted points dude trying to make, don't even make sense.

Kanye 2000 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

and to the n*gga that said MBDTF was wack, niggggggggggggga please. you're stupid
 6 years ago '05        #110
Tonero 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,493 | Props total: 2488 2488
Cant be life, still dreaming, Dreams, Dip-set Forever, Doin my job, get by.....all my sh*ts
 6 years ago '04        #111
darkceleb 
space
space
space
$200 | Props total: 2 2
 Fly or Die said:
you can make the argument for eminem, but from 2004-2009 he did virtually nothing, and then when he came back he was trash

and lol at 50 doing anything close to what kanye did
:thumbsup2: Hit the nail right on the head...I couldn't agree more!
 03-29-2012, 02:17 PM         #112
proof1984  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
didnt influence dipset productions
 6 years ago '05        #113
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
Being that Kanye's entire discography came out in 2000-2010 And not a single rapper alive has a better resume in terms of overall quality CD's as a WHOLE, it's safe to say Kanye OWNED the 2000's. This isn't even talking from a production stand point..

Eminem owned the sales charts because of his skin color more so than the quality of CD's he was bringing out.

Last edited by Hold That; 03-29-2012 at 02:23 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #114
darkceleb 
space
space
space
$200 | Props total: 2 2
 Karamu said:
I'm speaking more on his contribution to the entire genre than just being on top from the mainstream

2000- he was making dope beats for Jay-Z, Beanie Sigel, Dead Prez, and Lil Kim
2001- helped Jay-Z put out a classic hip hop album, produced a great intro track for Beanie
2002- produced classic beats for Scarface, Cam'Ron, Nas, etc. and Talib's classic single Get By
2003- produced dope/classic beats for Freeway,T.I., Fabo, Dipset, DMX, Ludacris, Jay-Z, and started producing for r&b singers like Alicia Keys, Beyonce, and Monica
2004- classic singles like All Falls Down and Jesus Walks, classic album that also had impact on an entire generation of emcees, dope beats for produced for D12, Mobb Deep, Jadakiss, Mos Def.. classic songs for Slum Village, Dilated Peoples, and controlled the direction to John Legend's album Get Lifted
2005- Gold Digger was the biggest song of the year and Late Registration is a classic rap album, put Lupe on the map with Touch The Sky, produced a classic album for Common Be. Produced a classic single for Game "Dreams"
2006- produced for Lupe, Diddy, Jay-Z classic song for Nas "Still Dreaming" and Game "Wouldn't Get Far"
2007- Had the biggest hip hop album of the year and biggest singles Stronger and Good Life, helped Consequence put out his solo debut, produced most of Finding Forever, produced for Fab and Talib
2008- put out a platinum album that later influenced a sub genre in hip hop, produced for Wayne, Game, TI, and John Legend
2009- exectively produced BP3 with Jay which was the biggest rap album of 2009 and MOTM with Cudi

no one else has had near as much impact as Kanye within these years

^^^All facts!!^^^ This debate should've been over after this...but you can't tell these dumb a.sses anything nowadays. Props!
 03-29-2012, 02:23 PM         #115
proof1984  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
Being that Kanye's entire discography came out in 2000-2010 And not a single rapper alive has a better resume in terms of overall quality CD's as a WHOLE, it's safe to say Kanye OWNED the 2000's.

Eminem owned the sales charts because of his skin color more so than the quality of CD's he was bringing out.
:
 6 years ago '05        #116
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,193 | Props total: 11783 11783
I co-sign this thread
 6 years ago '06        #117
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,575 | Props total: 4490 4490
 Hold That said:
Being that Kanye's entire discography came out in 2000-2010 And not a single rapper alive has a better resume in terms of overall quality CD's as a WHOLE, it's safe to say Kanye OWNED the 2000's. This isn't even talking from a production stand point..

:mj2:

Em put out a classic album, a decent one and a bunch of trash that his white fans ate up cause he's their savior, other than that he's done nothing memorable since TES/8 Mile era. I'm not a big Kanye fan but he has run this decade pretty easily. And @ anyone saying 50, dude had a 2, maybe 3 year run of being "that n*gga" and fell the fu*k off.
 6 years ago '10        #118
uddart 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,694 | Props total: 19 19
 psylence2k said:
In terms of

Sales : Eminem
Production: Neptunes
Impact : 50 Cent/Jay-Z/Wayne
A little bit of each: Kanye
this!
 03-29-2012, 02:33 PM         #119
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yes...

Not even an arguement...
 6 years ago '05        #120
aldogabd 
space
space
space
$385 | Props total: 0 0
i dont think 50s reign lasted the whole decade the way kanye did-same with weezy but both are top5

50 was the only time i ever saw a record complete sold out at my best buy here with get rich die tryin

and wayne took mixtapes to another level for a little while there around carter 2 and no ceilings at the end of the decade

gotta give it to kanye overall tho
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago