Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
71 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Did Kanye run the 2000's?
Yeah 161 69.40%
Na 71 30.60%
Voters: 232. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #61
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 Kingpin 313 said:
Yeah you biased mmlp is heads and shoulders above any kanye album this is a fact

Kanye albums are only classics because of the production especially college dropout
...I almost wanna quit after this but fu*k it...

Why is it a "fact"? Because Eminem is considered more "lyrical" than Kanye is on that album? Give me the subject matter range & we'll see which one was more "lyrical". Oh & don't try to play the technical game, remember Pac is one of if not your favorite rapper...
 6 years ago '11        #62
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 Kingpin 313 said:
If anything lil Wayne dominated the 2000s more then kanye when you count all his features mixtapes and albums
Wayne from a technical standpoint was the best alive in the middle of that time period but what he did for hip hop & what Kanye did are light years away...
 6 years ago '04        #63
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,326 | Props total: 416 416
 Retro said:

Why is it a "fact"? Because Eminem is considered more "lyrical" than Kanye is on that album? Give me the subject matter range & we'll see which one was more "lyrical". Oh & don't try to play the technical game, remember Pac is one of if not your favorite rapper...
good point
 6 years ago '11        #64
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 Retro said:

Kanye had ghostwriters on college dropout it had to many skits and a couple of filler tracks on top of it being below average lyrically you take all the samples off of college dropout and the album is garbage

You can go look up everything I said because I'm not the first to say it late registration was better college dropout just had a bigger impact so it's called his best album

Last edited by Kingpin 313; 03-28-2012 at 04:39 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #65
59fifty 
space
space
$22,712 | Props total: 10158 10158
he was even k!llin it on da underground tip too...

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

and da best track on purple haze was.....

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #66
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,326 | Props total: 416 416
 Kingpin 313 said:
Kanye had ghostwriters on college dropout it had to many skits and a couple of filler tracks on top of it being below average lyrically you take all the samples off of college dropout and the album is garbage

You can go look up everything I said because I'm not the first to say it late registration was better college dropout just had a bigger impact so it's called his best album

you reached hard as hell with this one
 03-28-2012, 04:51 PM         #67
Karamu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 59fifty said:
he was even k!llin it on da underground tip too...

and da best track on purple haze was.....

can't forget my favorite

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '09        #68
59fifty 
space
space
 Karamu said:
can't forget my favorite

forgetaboutit datz my mfin sh*t
 6 years ago '05        #69
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 Karamu said:
can't forget my favorite

beat me to it.

Kanye has be co signed by backpackers, mainstream musicians, hip hop, other genres and dayum near everyone, except for those bitter hip hop fans jealous of his success.

Kanye's catalogue > Eminem's and its not even close. There was even a thread if you could listen to one artist only alotta people say Kanye. Kanye's singles >>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Every mood and emotion is covered by Kanye, Eminem does not have one song that would be played in a club that isn't corny, Kanye has multiple. Kanye has multiple songs on each album that deal with everyday emotions, he's basically put his whole life in his music and ITS genuine, which is the big difference, Kanye has always been Kanye, flawed or not whereas Eminem is this character and when he tried to be 'real' on Recovery it just sounded forced as hell.

People get too caught up with rapping their a.ss off, as opposed to songs, and theres no denying Kanye's ability to make songs with substance, and still make them hits.

Kanye lyrically is underrated, real fans don't doubt his capabilities jut because his rapping style is relaxed and effortless and doesnt try force the issue "that he's rapping his a.ss off".
 03-28-2012, 05:35 PM         #70
Deetee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
tbh he only owned the year Graduation came out after that either 50 cent, eminem or lil wayne had bigger years
 03-28-2012, 05:39 PM         #71
Kakarot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingpin 313 said:
BE is not a classic
 03-28-2012, 05:42 PM         #72
ralph lauren  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
kanye surpassed tupac a lont time ago tbh
 6 years ago '09        #73
59fifty 
space
space
 ralph lauren said:
kanye surpassed tupac a lont time ago tbh

hey hey hey...since u goin say that...ima let my feelings out....Krit >>>>>>kanye
 6 years ago '08        #74
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 Karamu said:
he had no real notable beats outside his camp besides Jay-Z and Nas

okay Renegade, Patiently Waiting, and Forever(not sure if Drop The World came out in 2009 or 2010) not that many notable features.

Kanye still did more for hip hop in that time
Does it really matter if he had notable beats outside his camp? i don't get why you bringing that up....he had great beats on his albums and G Units...Kanye produces most of his beats for himself, Jay-Z n Common...and couple of beats for some people here and there... Isn't Common on GOOD Music? Kanye wasn't a rapper until 2004....and its not like he produced whole albums before that. He had couple of beats on Blueprint n other Jay-Z albums....so stop saying the production was solely on him. Who did Kanye give us that was more bigger than 50 Cent?

Eminem was the biggest rapper ever since he came out up until 2005 when he decided to take a break...and even then when he came back, he was still on top.
 6 years ago '08        #75
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
 sheedawg said:
beat me to it.

Kanye has be co signed by backpackers, mainstream musicians, hip hop, other genres and dayum near everyone, except for those bitter hip hop fans jealous of his success.

Kanye's catalogue > Eminem's and its not even close. There was even a thread if you could listen to one artist only alotta people say Kanye. Kanye's singles >>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Every mood and emotion is covered by Kanye, Eminem does not have one song that would be played in a club that isn't corny, Kanye has multiple. Kanye has multiple songs on each album that deal with everyday emotions, he's basically put his whole life in his music and ITS genuine, which is the big difference, Kanye has always been Kanye, flawed or not whereas Eminem is this character and when he tried to be 'real' on Recovery it just sounded forced as hell.

People get too caught up with rapping their a.ss off, as opposed to songs, and theres no denying Kanye's ability to make songs with substance, and still make them hits.

Kanye lyrically is underrated, real fans don't doubt his capabilities jut because his rapping style is relaxed and effortless and doesnt try force the issue "that he's rapping his a.ss off".
Why the hell are you bringing up "clubs"?? like thats saying something.....Eminem has songs that could be played in the club..U telling me Shake That is corny? Eminem is the most versatile rapper ever... He can and did make any kind of record that you want.

[video - click to view]

You do realize that Eminems music is ABOUT his life....him and Tupac are the two rappers who rap about their struggles the most....

You can't be serious with that Kanye bullsh*t....He's the bigger hoe in the industry...he will literally do a song with ANYONE and will co sign pretty much ANYONE also.
 6 years ago '08        #76
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
 Retro said:

MMLP >>> any Kanye West album

Kanye doesn't even write half of his songs...so how the hell you gonna try to argue "lyricism"?
 6 years ago '10        #77
Esdot 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,616 | Props total: 689 689
^ Shake That? In the club? You've got to be be fu*king kidding me.
 6 years ago '10        #78
Esdot 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,616 | Props total: 689 689
Pharrell and the Neptunes owned the 2000s.

2000:
Jay-Z - I just Want to Love Ya
Ludacris - Southern Hospitality
Mystikal - Sake ya a.ss
Mystikal - Danger

2001:
Busta Rhymes - Pass The Courvoisier Part II
Fabolous - Holla Back Young'n
Jadakiss - Knock Yourself Out
Bow Wow - Take Ya Home
Mystikal - Bouncin' Back (Bouncin' Me Against The Wall)
P. Diddy - Diddy
Philly's Most Wanted- Cross The Border

2002:
Birdman - What Happened To That Boy
Clipse - Grindin'
Common - Come Close
Jay-Z - Excuse Me Miss
LL Cool J - Luv U Better
Nelly - Hot In Herre
Snoop Dogg - Beautiful

2003:
Jay-Z - Change Clothes
Jay-Z - Allure
Jay-Z - Excuse Me Miss Again (La La La)
Busta Rhymes - Light Your a.ss On Fire
Clipse - Hot Damn

2004:
Slim Thug - I Ain't Heard Of That
Slim Thug - Like A Boss
Snoop Dogg - Drop It Like It's Hot
Snoop Dogg - Let's Get Blown

2006:
Clipse - Mr.Me Too
Ludacris - Money Maker
Lupe Fiasco - I Gotcha
Snoop Dogg - Vato

2007:
Jay-Z - I Know
Jay-Z - Blue Magic

2008:
Common - Universal Mind Control
Common - Announcement

2009:
Clipse - I'm Good
Jay-Z - So Ambitious

These are just the hip hop hits. All but three listed are singles that charted. I left out the bulk of the tracks they did, and thats just Rap. They had some of the biggest hits in Pop and R&B working with Beenie Man, NSync, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Gwen Stefani, Madonna, Robin Thicke, and Usher. He made their biggest hits. But this BX so ya'll n*ggas act like ya don't listen to anything outside of rap.

Not to mention he was the reason Snoop Dogg remained relevant in music.

And Pharrell > Kanye because he actually rapped or sung on 95% of the songs the Neptunes produced.

But ya keep arguing about Eminem and Kanye
 6 years ago '11        #79
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 sheedawg said:
beat me to it.

To bad your opinion don't matter Eminem has been called top 5-10 by other rappers and everybody that has to do with hiphop media you can't say the same for kanye

Kanye will be remembered for a producer more then a rapper
 6 years ago '05        #80
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 Future said:
Why the hell are you bringing up "clubs"?? like thats saying something.....Eminem has songs that could be played in the club..U telling me Shake That is corny? Eminem is the most versatile rapper ever... He can and did make any kind of record that you want.

You do realize that Eminems music is ABOUT his life....him and Tupac are the two rappers who rap about their struggles the most....

You can't be serious with that Kanye bullsh*t....He's the bigger hoe in the industry...he will literally do a song with ANYONE and will co sign pretty much ANYONE also.
at you thinking that clubs dont matter, believe it or not, party tracks are part of being versatile and its pretty obvious that Eminem cannot make a club hit, thats just the artist that he is.

at you thinking Shake That, stands up to All Falls Down, Jesus Walks, Flashing Lights , Touch The Sky.

Kanye is more versatile, you just blatantly have something against him and by calling him a hoe, your own hoe traits are evident for us all to see.

Eminem raps about his struggles more than Kanye? When will people realise that rapping about your life doesn't mean rapping about struggles, Kanye has had his fair share of struggles and also success, but because he chooses to embrace his success, jealous people like yourself always wil find a way to hate on him.

and you acting as if Kanye didn't release 808's, a whole albums about his struggles at the time. You also acting like Eminem hasn't remained the same artist his entire career, his comeback was just a regurgitation of the childish subject matter that you stans go gaga over, Eminem failed to grow up, noticed that Relapse was a flop, so went a full 180 and expected us to buy into the whole Recovery thing. Remember Relapse 2?, which he shelved because he realized people were tired of his crazy deranged gimmick.

Kanye has matured and grown as an artist, and continues to be the most progressive mainstream artist in rap today, but what would you know? Most fans such as yourself think hip hop only exists on your computer and in your bedroom and that rapping a bunch of meaningless multi's together equates to being "lyrical".

It's hilarious that you mention Pac as about the struggle, which already shows me the type of 2 bit 2pac fan that you are, cause if you really were a 2pac fan you would know that alot of his discography contains the same stereotypical rap subjects, its just that Pac's personality is almost unmatched in hip hop along with his ability to make great sounding songs.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
125 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
19 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now