Kanye West owned the 2000's

most viewed right now
 133
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 129
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
230 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 84
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
108 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 50
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
128 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Did Kanye run the 2000's?
Yeah 161 69.40%
Na 71 30.60%
Voters: 232. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #21
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$32,948 | Props total: 13570 13570
da souf ran the 2000's
 6 years ago '11        #22
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 Young Hov said:
its not em, its not 50, its not jay or nas.... kanye ran the 2000s

lames wanna bring up sales like I give a fukk

kanye is the reason hip hop was alive in the 2000s

A meek mill fan
 6 years ago '11        #23
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
avatar space
space
$19,553 | Props total: 9457 9457
you definitely have a good argument, I'd agree with kanye owning the 2000s. For eminem he owned the early 2000s with 50 but this is a decade eminem didn't really do anything for half of this time period.
 6 years ago '11        #24
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 DSOM said:
hol'up Be is not a classic?


why? because it didnt sell enough?
Because it had no impact on hiphop only common die hard fans care about that album



When Is the last time you heard somebody say they was listening to that album
 03-28-2012, 01:59 PM         #25
ralph lauren  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
kanye mad we wanna get a louie belt tbh
 03-28-2012, 02:01 PM         #26
Tybigbigguy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Na Kanye made great music but the only year he really ran rap was in 07

U guys are mixing making dope music with running rap E.g Wayne runs rap right now but he clearly doesn't make the best music
 6 years ago '11        #27
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
avatar space
space
$19,553 | Props total: 9457 9457
 Kingpin 313 said:
Because it had no impact on hiphop only common die hard fans care about that album



When Is the last time you heard somebody say they was listening to that album
when was the last time you heard somebody say "they was" listening to mmlp as a whole either on boxden or off the internet? Doesn't make it not classic.

but how did eminem own the entire decade not doing much for half of it?
 6 years ago '05        #28
Lobo please 30 heat pts30
space
avatar space
space
$5,943 | Props total: 1839 1839
maybe one can argue that kanye stayed the most consistent since his debut.....
 6 years ago '04        #29
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$18,325 | Props total: 414 414
 Kingpin 313 said:
Because it had no impact on hiphop only common die hard fans care about that album



When Is the last time you heard somebody say they was listening to that album
DEPENDS ON WHO YOU ASK?

WHEN IS THE LAST TIME I LISTENED TO mE AGAINST THE WORLD? OR MAKAVELI
 6 years ago '12        #30
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
avatar space
space
$10,734 | Props total: 604 604
 Athavan 789 said:
50 cent is billboard artist of the decade so guess he wins.....
i new who you were going to say
 03-28-2012, 02:16 PM         #31
Karamu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tybigbigguy said:
Na Kanye made great music but the only year he really ran rap was in 07

U guys are mixing making dope music with running rap E.g Wayne runs rap right now but he clearly doesn't make the best music
I'm speaking more on his contribution to the entire genre than just being on top from the mainstream

2000- he was making dope beats for Jay-Z, Beanie Sigel, Dead Prez, and Lil Kim
2001- helped Jay-Z put out a classic hip hop album, produced a great intro track for Beanie
2002- produced classic beats for Scarface, Cam'Ron, Nas, etc. and Talib's classic single Get By
2003- produced dope/classic beats for Freeway,T.I., Fabo, Dipset, DMX, Ludacris, Jay-Z, and started producing for r&b singers like Alicia Keys, Beyonce, and Monica
2004- classic singles like All Falls Down and Jesus Walks, classic album that also had impact on an entire generation of emcees, dope beats for produced for D12, Mobb Deep, Jadakiss, Mos Def.. classic songs for Slum Village, Dilated Peoples, and controlled the direction to John Legend's album Get Lifted
2005- Gold Digger was the biggest song of the year and Late Registration is a classic rap album, put Lupe on the map with Touch The Sky, produced a classic album for Common Be. Produced a classic single for Game "Dreams"
2006- produced for Lupe, Diddy, Jay-Z classic song for Nas "Still Dreaming" and Game "Wouldn't Get Far"
2007- Had the biggest hip hop album of the year and biggest singles Stronger and Good Life, helped Consequence put out his solo debut, produced most of Finding Forever, produced for Fab and Talib
2008- put out a platinum album that later influenced a sub genre in hip hop, produced for Wayne, Game, TI, and John Legend
2009- exectively produced BP3 with Jay which was the biggest rap album of 2009 and MOTM with Cudi

no one else has had near as much impact as Kanye within these years
 6 years ago '11        #32
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 whothebestmc said:
when was the last time you heard somebody say "they was" listening to mmlp as a whole either on boxden or off the internet? Doesn't make it not classic.

but how did eminem own the entire decade not doing much for half of it?
People still listen to mmlp or they wouldn't be complaining they miss the old Eminem



He took 4 years off kanye didn't drop his album until 4 years into the decade so how can kanye run the decade when all he did was produce a couple tracks on the blueprint the first 4 years
 03-28-2012, 02:21 PM         #33
Tybigbigguy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Karamu said:
I'm speaking more on his contribution to the entire genre than just being on top from the mainstream

2000- he was making dope beats for Jay-Z, Beanie Sigel, Dead Prez, and Lil Kim
2001- helped Jay-Z put out a classic hip hop album, produced a great intro track for Beanie
2002- produced classic beats for Scarface, Cam'Ron, Nas, etc. and Talib's classic single Get By
2003- produced dope/classic beats for Freeway,T.I., Fabo, Dipset, DMX, Ludacris, Jay-Z, and started producing for r&b singers like Alicia Keys, Beyonce, and Monica
2004- classic singles like All Falls Down and Jesus Walks, classic album that also had impact on an entire generation of emcees, dope beats for produced for D12, Mobb Deep, Jadakiss, Mos Def.. classic songs for Slum Village, Dilated Peoples, and controlled the direction to John Legend's album Get Lifted
2005- Gold Digger was the biggest song of the year and Late Registration is a classic rap album, put Lupe on the map with Touch The Sky, produced a classic album for Common Be. Produced a classic single for Game "Dreams"
2006- produced for Lupe, Diddy, Jay-Z classic song for Nas "Still Dreaming" and Game "Wouldn't Get Far"
2007- Had the biggest hip hop album of the year and biggest singles Stronger and Good Life, helped Consequence put out his solo debut, produced most of Finding Forever, produced for Fab and Talib
2008- put out a platinum album that later influenced a sub genre in hip hop, produced for Wayne, Game, TI, and John Legend
2009- exectively produced BP3 with Jay which was the biggest rap album of 2009 and MOTM with Cudi

no one else has had near as much impact as Kanye within these years
Producers don't really have the impact your imagining dawg, majority of the casual listeners don't even care who produced certain joints it's kanye the rapper that impacted not the producer
 6 years ago '04        #34
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
avatar space
space
$18,893 | Props total: 4418 4418
easy ..........no kanye no so far gone no drake !
 03-28-2012, 02:25 PM         #35
Karamu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tybigbigguy said:
Producers don't really have the impact your imagining dawg, majority of the casual listeners don't even care who produced certain joints it's kanye the rapper that impacted not the producer
I'm meaning impact as in the contribution he gave to hip hop, he impacted the culture with classic beats, classic singles, and classic albums in that decade. A good amount of the biggest rap songs are thanks to Kanye
 03-28-2012, 02:36 PM         #36
Tybigbigguy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 King856 said:
ppl keep saying eminem didn't do anything for half the decade. but he still did more in 5 years then your fav rapper did in 10.

top 5 of the decade no order

Jay
Em
Kanye
Nas
50


notice how noone from the south except maybe Wayne is even in discussion. no staying power down there
 6 years ago '07        #37
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
avatar space
space
$11,914 | Props total: 573 573
 King856 said:
stillmatic = classic
god son = classic




Nas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ye

edit: not to mention

ether
*cues JayZ crying on hot 97
stans need to cut this sh*t out nas classics are illmatic, it was written* and lost tapes
 03-28-2012, 03:16 PM         #38
FASTLIFE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Young Hov said:
lol at Eminem... fukk outta here with that bullsh!t

Kanye's music > em's music
is it safe to say that all ye's wins are also jay-z wins





its the roccccc!!! <>
 6 years ago '10        #39
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
avatar space
space
$19,278 | Props total: 23784 23784
 Kingpin 313 said:
Eminem and even 50 cent owned the 2000s especially the beginning you must be 12
:dancingcool::dancingcool:
 6 years ago '04        #40
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$23,661 | Props total: 11303 11303
 Mocking Mind said:
If you're talking about sales then no, if you're talking about influence then you've got an argument.


TS made very valid points.

im some what in agreement.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 69
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 39
Image(s) inside dannielledai
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 30
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 19
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 15
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 14
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 13
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 12
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy