Kanye West owned the 2000's

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
240 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
249 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Did Kanye run the 2000's?
Yeah 161 69.40%
Na 71 30.60%
Voters: 232. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '12        #241
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
 Karamu said:

let me clear this up for you

IMPACT =/= INFLUENCE

what you just mentioned is IMPACT on the pop culture, that has NOTHING to do with hip hop

let me guess, if Eminem appears of Keeping up with the Kardashians he's influencing rap?

take your trolling elsewhere
now im a troll coz u lost lol but thats ok, keep living in your DARK TWISTED FANTACY where Kanye owned the 2000's lmfao
 03-30-2012, 12:56 PM         #242
Karamu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingpin 313 said:
Eminem doesnt sing or have Techno beats so how is he pop?

Thats more pop then anything Eminem has ever made mixed in with 808 heartbreak that kanye said himself wasn't hiphop kanye is not more hiphop then Eminem

are you serious, where the hell did i say eminem was pop and kanye wasn't. this thread has nothing to do with the style of music they are making. i'm saying everything you guys are bringing up is impacted by the pop culture, that's separated from music.

i'm well aware kanye, jay-z, eminem, lil wayne, drake, etc. are all pop, has nothing to do with how they are effecting hip hop the genre.
 6 years ago '12        #243
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,622 | Props total: 2135 2135
Why you bringing up Eminem, or reality show? I don't think I ever said anything about them. But by your logic, Eminem is considered a hip hop artist, so everything he does effects hip hop(along with every other genre), because an artist like Eminem/Kanye/JayZ are bigger than hip hop. Yes, they make hip hop, but there music is made for a much bigger audience. That right there is why you have different variations of hip hop. To me, you don't have to be black or from the ghetto or where certain clothes to be hip hop. Those 3 artists I mention and alot others made that possible. To say one of them didn't have an impact on hip hop itself is just stupid.

Last edited by LicensedLegend; 03-30-2012 at 12:58 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #244
Da_Crew2k9 132 heat pts132
space
space
space
$2,996 | Props total: 2366 2366
 LicensedLegend said:
Dude, that sing/rap was done way before kanye did it. Just because he did a whole CD of it doesn't mean he created it.
but he made popular not went other than ja wit that plat sh*t b4 ye
 6 years ago '12        #245
space
space
 Da_Crew2k9 said:
but he made popular not went other than ja wit that plat sh*t b4 ye
What? I couldn't understand half of what you just said. All I'm saying is many artist have done the rap/sing thing. I don't care if Kanye made it "popular". He was a "popular" artist who made a whole album with that style, so of course he made it "popular". He still didn't create it.
 6 years ago '04        #246
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 1572 1572
I still got go with Jay-z but you could make an argument for Kanye and Eminem tho
 03-30-2012, 01:45 PM         #247
KingoBling  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i like some of Kanyes "beats", but until he makes a "classic" beat without using someone elses song to sample, i just consider him a petty thief.

homies sampl credits on his albums read like a book.
 03-30-2012, 01:47 PM         #248
Karamu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KingoBling said:
i like some of Kanyes "beats", but until he makes a "classic" beat without using someone elses song to sample, i just consider him a petty thief.

homies sampl credits on his albums read like a book.
I guess Pete Rock, DJ Premier, J Dilla, etc. are thieves too
 6 years ago '08        #249
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 Karamu said:
I guess Pete Rock, DJ Premier, J Dilla, etc. are thieves too
Everyone of Kanyes beats are sampled.... he's the biggest sampler in music period.
 03-30-2012, 02:27 PM         #250
Karamu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Future said:
Everyone of Kanyes beats are sampled.... he's the biggest sampler in music period.
1. no they aren't, stop acting like you've listened to his entire production catalog.
2. please tell me how many DJ Premier or Pete Rock beats have no sample, I can wait if you wanna find out

Kanye popularized sped up soul samples, that's the only difference between him and most producers, hardly any legendary hip hop producers make beats without samples.
 6 years ago '10        #251
Esdot 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,616 | Props total: 689 689
 Karamu said:
1. no they aren't, stop acting like you've listened to his entire production catalog.
2. please tell me how many DJ Premier or Pete Rock beats have no sample, I can wait if you wanna find out

Kanye popularized sped up soul samples, that's the only difference between him and most producers, hardly any legendary hip hop producers make beats without samples.
Thats why I would put others over Kanye as far as production, kanye makes great beats, but unless he's featured on the track, or you see the production credits, you wouldn't know if it was him or another producer. Timbo, Swizz, and Neptunes have produced for various styles of music and still keep a distinct sound. And they contributed as much if not more to Jay-Z's career as Kanye.
 6 years ago '06        #252
smoothlikebutta 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,618 | Props total: 1756 1756
 Kingpin 313 said:
I forgot kanye dropped that emo 808 album

So Eminem dropped 4 hiphop albums plus 2 group albums compared to kanye 3 hiphop albums

d!ckriders lost
you just mentioned 808s a few posts ago.. troll.. pac most over rated rapper of all time.
 6 years ago '08        #253
space
space
space
 smoothlikebutta said:
you just mentioned 808s a few posts ago.. troll.. pac most over rated rapper of all time.
pac over rated why cause he don't study the dictionary pac rap about sh*t all them n*ggaz y'all talking bout try too he might not have the biggest vocab but that sh*t gets boring fast pac music is timeless
 6 years ago '08        #254
space
space
space
 LicensedLegend said:
What? I couldn't understand half of what you just said. All I'm saying is many artist have done the rap/sing thing. I don't care if Kanye made it "popular". He was a "popular" artist who made a whole album with that style, so of course he made it "popular". He still didn't create it.
he didn't create it yea but still other than ja rule and nelly no body made hits off that sh*t
sh*t if thats the case if you talking numbers Nelly did his thang in the 2000's too
 6 years ago '12        #255
space
space
 Da_Crew2k9 said:
he didn't create it yea but still other than ja rule and nelly no body made hits off that sh*t
sh*t if thats the case if you talking numbers Nelly did his thang in the 2000's too
Really? So why give Kanye the praise? I mean, if what your saying is true. Because all these artist came out after Kanye and not artist like Ja Rule, and Nelly? I mean Nelly made a living off doing this. Shouldn't we be saying Kanye stole Nelly's style? Kanye may have brought it back from the dead, but I mean come on, we are giving him way to much credit for influencing artist.
 6 years ago '07        #256
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
yeah theres no point in denying the whole shady/aftemath/g-unit owned the 2000's

Eminem
50 Cent
Young Buck
Obie Trice
Lloyd Banks
Mobb Deep
D-12
Dre on the Tracks

this group collectivley sold over 120 million records in that time period

as far as impact prolly 50 with the mixtapes, he changed the game with the g-unit tapes and really elevated gangsta rap, Em with the crossing of cultures & sales, and even in producting he produced for Jada, Jay (on Blueprint and Black), Nas, Obie,Akon, Lil Scrappy, Xzibit, Redman, Sticky Fingaz, 50 & all of G-unit and of course one of the most talked about songs in the rap community (Renegade)

lets be honest here TS is a known em/50/dre hater, of course hes gonna say sh*t like this

Last edited by 1LynguisticMind; 03-30-2012 at 06:04 PM..
 03-30-2012, 06:13 PM         #257
Karamu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ I already explained several times why Kanye's roll in the 2000s was more important than Eminem's

14 pages ain't THAT much to read
 6 years ago '07        #258
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
yeah ok bro your bias opinion means alot on here
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy