most viewed right now
NBA What’s waiting for LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball in Lithuania
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
195 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Did Kanye run the 2000's?
Yeah 161 69.40%
Na 71 30.60%
Voters: 232. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 03-30-2012, 11:36 AM         #221
Karamu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
Album sales is not an influence.
i've been trying to say this the entire thread, getting more money than everyone doesn't effect hip hop one bit.
 6 years ago '12        #222
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
can someone please explain to me exactly how Kanye was the most influencial artist? n dnt talk about songs that he produced... please explain to me how the G-Unit mixtapes wasnt the most influential thing that happened in the 2000's? EVERY new artist you see today was influenced by a mixtape, I reali dnt see anything special that Kanye did other than outselling FIF in the US in 2007 n basically opening the fldgates for wack rappers that wouldv neva made it in the early 2000's of hiphop, stop dicckriding n give proper facts, sh*t if you talk about rap n produce than even Pharrel n Timbo had an influence, wtf did Kanye bring to the table that was new?
 6 years ago '04        #223
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,239 | Props total: 3834 3834
You make a very strong case... Everything except 808's I loved.

Just to get by and the remix .... Still crazy as fu*k till this day!

You would have to put Jay right there beside him though truthfully.
 6 years ago '11        #224
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 Karamu said:
i've been trying to say this the entire thread, getting more money than everyone doesn't effect hip hop one bit.
I swear this the last time I'm responding because people don't know what they talking about

If you look at the HIPHOP record book almost every record is owned by Eminem how doesn't that effect hip hop? That's like saying stats don't matter in basketball

And you need to change your title because you don't know what running hiphop means just because you influenced hiphop don't mean you ran it running something means you was biggest name and was the most successful and once again the only year kanye was the most successful was 07
 03-30-2012, 11:55 AM         #225
Karamu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pleasure Boy said:
can someone please explain to me exactly how Kanye was the most influencial artist? n dnt talk about songs that he produced... please explain to me how the G-Unit mixtapes wasnt the most influential thing that happened in the 2000's? EVERY new artist you see today was influenced by a mixtape, I reali dnt see anything special that Kanye did other than outselling FIF in the US in 2007 n basically opening the fldgates for wack rappers that wouldv neva made it in the early 2000's of hiphop, stop dicckriding n give proper facts, sh*t if you talk about rap n produce than even Pharrel n Timbo had an influence, wtf did Kanye bring to the table that was new?
in 2004 he brought a different direction towards hip hop, having singles like All Falls Down and Jesus Walks when hip hop was still on the baggy clothes/jersey trend with a completely different set of singles popping at the time. Dude was on his own swag and people followed after(Lupe Fiasco, J. Cole, Blu, Fashawn) all these everyday man rappers are all products of Kanye's influence on mainstream hip hop. He also influenced the sampling game when he used a different method of soul sampling which was quickly imitated by several producers. Different than RZA and Pete Rock and anyone else who doing sh*t at the time. then in 2008 he released 808s which brought a new direction to hip hop again, rappers like Drake and Kid Cudi completely changed their focus on music and started rap/singing over cloudier beats making their emotions known. 40 said his whole style is based off Say You Will off Kanye.

Last edited by Karamu; 03-30-2012 at 11:58 AM..
 03-30-2012, 11:58 AM         #226
Karamu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingpin 313 said:
I swear this the last time I'm responding because people don't know what they talking about

If you look at the HIPHOP record book almost every record is owned by Eminem how doesn't that effect hip hop? That's like saying stats don't matter in basketball

And you need to change your title because you don't know what running hiphop means just because you influenced hiphop don't mean you ran it running something means you was biggest name and was the most successful and once again the only year kanye was the most successful was 07
that's all pop culture, the actual genre took no change to Eminem or G-Unit going damn near diamond every album. that's like saying Nicki Minaj is running hip hop right now when all she's gotta do it sell a lot without influencing or contributing anything.
 03-30-2012, 12:00 PM         #227
mk88  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ye was my guy until 808...after that i never bought another kanye album
 6 years ago '04        #228
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:

Eminem ran Pop music and was the hip hop representative in popular culture. He didn't run hip hop. It would be like saying the Beastie Boys ran hip hop in the 80's and Vanilla Ice ran hip hop in the 90's. Yes the sales are there but are they a driving force behind the genre. No. They capitalize of the demographics of the sales territory and that's it. They far from run the genre, they are more so allowed to contribute and capitalize off of it
 03-30-2012, 12:05 PM         #229
datdood  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Young Hov said:
its not em, its not 50, its not jay or nas.... kanye ran the 2000s

lames wanna bring up sales like I give a fukk

kanye is the reason hip hop was alive in the 2000s
EXACTLY. You guys are fu*king dumb thinking 50 kept hip hop alive in the 2000s. No one has been as cutting edge as YE, he keeps raising the bar.
 6 years ago '12        #230
space
space
 Karamu said:
in 2004 he brought a different direction towards hip hop, having singles like All Falls Down and Jesus Walks when hip hop was still on the baggy clothes/jersey trend with a completely different set of singles popping at the time. Dude was on his own swag and people followed after(Lupe Fiasco, J. Cole, Blu, Fashawn) all these everyday man rappers are all products of Kanye's influence on mainstream hip hop. He also influenced the sampling game when he used a different method of soul sampling which was quickly imitated by several producers. Different than RZA and Pete Rock and anyone else who doing sh*t at the time. then i 2008 he released 808s which brought a new direction to hip hop again, rappers like Drake and Kid Cudi completely changed their focus on music and started rap/singing over cloudier beats making their emotions known. 40 said his whole style is based off Say You Will off Kanye.
the funny thing is most if not all the artists u name was recognised after they dropped a mixtape lmfao, YOR FAVORITE ARTIST DIDNT SET ANY TRENDS, sh*t almost every rapper in existence is influenced by someone elses style, n if n*ggas wana talk about relevent, whats the meaning of that? to my understanding relevant means u get all types of media recognition n that makes Fif relevant as fucck, coz hes been in media outlets since he entered the rap game. Again i ask, WTF did YE DO THAT CHANGED THE GAME?
 03-30-2012, 12:12 PM         #231
Karamu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pleasure Boy said:
the funny thing is most if not all the artists u name was recognised after they dropped a mixtape lmfao, YOR FAVORITE ARTIST DIDNT SET ANY TRENDS, sh*t almost every rapper in existence is influenced by someone elses style, n if n*ggas wana talk about relevent, whats the meaning of that? to my understanding relevant means u get all types of media recognition n that makes Fif relevant as fucck, coz hes been in media outlets since he entered the rap game. Again i ask, WTF did YE DO THAT CHANGED THE GAME?
what the fu*k does that have to do with anything? literally has nothing to do with my post. and that's what influence is, someones gonna make music based off the music they heard you make, he shifted the direction hip hop was going. how is getting media recognition changing hip hop your post makes no sense
 6 years ago '11        #232
space
space
space
 biscuit said:
Eminem ran Pop music and was the hip hop representative in popular culture. He didn't run hip hop. It would be like saying the Beastie Boys ran hip hop in the 80's and Vanilla Ice ran hip hop in the 90's. Yes the sales are there but are they a driving force behind the genre. No. They capitalize of the demographics of the sales territory and that's it. They far from run the genre, they are more so allowed to contribute and capitalize off of it
Horrible comparison vallina ice didn't own every hiphop record in the 90s

And pop music is hiphop you think kanye not pop music with songs like stronger?

I swear y'all must be 14 kanye and Eminem are both pop music
 6 years ago '12        #233
space
space
 Karamu said:
what the fu*k does that have to do with anything? literally has nothing to do with my post. and that's what influence is, someones gonna make music based off the music they heard you make, he shifted the direction hip hop was going. how is getting media recognition changing hip hop your post makes no sense
read what i said n*gga, u can get upset i dnt giva fu*k, Kanye didnt shift sh*t, the public shifted not the artist, soft sh*t jus became more acceptable n your proof of that... the only influence Kanye had was act like a diva at award shows n white people loved him for that
 6 years ago '12        #234
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,612 | Props total: 2130 2130
People be giving Kanye more credit than he deserves. I like kanye, but damn, the stuff that you guys are saying that he influenced was already there, it just wasn't mainstream. So, yes, he made it mainstream. Big fu*king deal. The man does make some good music, so I give him credit for that.
 03-30-2012, 12:37 PM         #235
Karamu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pleasure Boy said:
the only influence Kanye had was act like a diva at award shows n white people loved him for that

let me clear this up for you

IMPACT =/= INFLUENCE

what you just mentioned is IMPACT on the pop culture, that has NOTHING to do with hip hop

let me guess, if Eminem appears of Keeping up with the Kardashians he's influencing rap?

take your trolling elsewhere
 6 years ago '04        #236
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
Horrible comparison vallina ice didn't own every hiphop record in the 90s

And pop music is hiphop you think kanye not pop music with songs like stronger?

I swear y'all must be 14 kanye and Eminem are both pop music
Wait... Hiphop is Pop music?

Yup, you were definitely born in the late 90's

I thought you made your last comment?
 6 years ago '12        #237
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,612 | Props total: 2130 2130
 Karamu said:

let me clear this up for you

IMPACT =/= INFLUENCE

what you just mentioned is IMPACT on the pop culture, that has NOTHING to do with hip hop

let me guess, if Eminem appears of Keeping up with the Kardashians he's influencing rap?

take your trolling elsewhere
Well, if you are considered hip hop and you only impact pop culture, shoulod you still be considered hip hop.
 6 years ago '10        #238
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
13 Pages...
 03-30-2012, 12:47 PM         #239
Karamu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LicensedLegend said:
Well, if you are considered hip hop and you only impact pop culture, shoulod you still be considered hip hop.
you are a hip hop artist, but being popular among the masses isn't effecting the genre. like i said, if eminem came out in a reality show he'd be making impact on the pop culture but it would have nothing to do with hip hop.
 6 years ago '11        #240
space
space
space
 Karamu said:
Eminem doesnt sing or have Techno beats so how is he pop?

[video - click to view]

Thats more pop then anything Eminem has ever made mixed in with 808 heartbreak that kanye said himself wasn't hiphop kanye is not more hiphop then Eminem

Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
46 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
42 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
218 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
56 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
322 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
139 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy