Kanye West owned the 2000's

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
101 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ralo (Fam Goon) Posting Throwback MoneyBaggYo Ether
45 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Did Kanye run the 2000's?
Yeah 161 69.40%
Na 71 30.60%
Voters: 232. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #181
Trakboy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$4,077 | Props total: 976 976
Sales:

Eminem : 2x Diamond

50 Cent: 11x Platinum

Kanye: 10x Platinum

Em won!
 6 years ago '11        #182
The Rhyming Ape 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,213 | Props total: 24689 24689
 Karamu said:
Kanye has contributed AT LEAST 4 classics from 2000-2009

The Blueprint
The College Dropout
Late Registration
BE

Like I said, his influence and impact branches much farther than his own work. Eminem and 50
You forgot F&L.
 6 years ago '04        #183
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 80 80
 Tybigbigguy said:
Producers don't really have the impact your imagining dawg, majority of the casual listeners don't even care who produced certain joints it's kanye the rapper that impacted not the producer
dog, get the entire fu*k out of here with that....this n*gga completely shifted the direction of rap and producing as a whole.

this n*ggas beats was dripping with so much soul...

n*ggas was NOT k!lling soul samples before him like that in the style that he did. i know RZA and Premo used them in that style but that was not their main production style.

n*ggas try to make beats like him, rap, AND dress like him.

clearing samples costs a lot but this dude can rap, produce, exec. produce and probably engineer a bit too...where else will you find this in one artist.

he's definitely the artist of the 2000s to me...
 6 years ago '06        #184
Panasonic 82 heat pts82
space
space
$5,677 | Props total: 1462 1462
I didnt know yeezy made that let the beat build..
 6 years ago '04        #185
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 80 80
 Bea5T said:
I'll always be a fan of ye because he's one of the few mainstream rappers/producers that still put out quality hip hop sh*t

Listen to any hip hop radio station and the only sh*t that isnt hip-pop is Kanye's sh*t

speaking of which, FLo-rida and pit bull need to go die somewhere
i dont fu*k with either of them but u gotta respect they hustle. they know their lane though. and they play it well.

that n*gga flo-rida finna get that wrestlemania check....cant hate on that
 03-29-2012, 10:54 PM         #186
jimflu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
808s was trash
 6 years ago '11        #187
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
Kanye didn't do sh*t for the first 4 years of the decade and he dropped that wack non hiphop album in 2008
So what's your point?
If were talking about influence, That wack non hip hop album set the tone for the next 5 yrs of hip hop. That sing/rap about relationships thing is what alot of these rappers are trying to do now. Arguably the biggest rapper in the world right now (drake) jacked his entire style from 808's and heartbreak. Even you the biggest stan on the entire damn forum has to admit that the TS has some legit a.ss points. Ye didnt sell the most (even though he was up there) but hip hop basically followed the trends he set in the 2000's.
 6 years ago '12        #188
ALTheGreatS 23 heat pts23
space
space
$4,470 | Props total: 900 900
My favorite Kanye joint right here:

6 years ago '11        #189
space
space
 ice wolf said:
I can't stand Kanye as a person.... his douchy arrogance annoys the sh!t out of me. But I agree 100%. Kanye owned the 2000's. His influence cannot be ignored. He kept Hip-Hop interesting.

At the same time, his soul sample style was largely influenced by Little Brother and The Rza. His 808's and Heartbreaks album consisted of him biting the sound of electro-house that was popular with Hipsters at the time. Kanye is a genius at biting, and making it look revolutionary... when it really isn't.
Damn im stannin hard in this thread but name me a great artist and i can name you artists they borrowed from. Examples: led zepplin, elvis, The beatles, all the way to guys like jayz and wayne.
 6 years ago '05        #190
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12555 12555
People still saying Eminem? I'm going to address the elephant in the room and just keep it 100%..

Em's only impact on hip-hop was making blacks and minorities aware that just how many white people support the hip-hop culture. Honestly I didn't think anyone really knew to much unless they actually went to a concert of some of their favorite artist. I honestly don't know one single black man who openly says he fu*ks with Em's music, almost like they are ashamed to bump that sh*t in the public. Ask yourself, how many black guys have you driven beside with them banging some Eminem out their systems?

That's the only impact this man made in Hip Hop..
 03-29-2012, 11:03 PM         #191
Karamu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Rhyming Ape said:
You forgot F&L.
his influence was big on that album but i was just naming albums he helped craft together
 6 years ago '04        #192
imtheman23 
space
space
space
$92 | Props total: 0 0
Ok Kanye has had a huge impact on rap and music in general. In terms of influence he changed a sound of music completely. He sales were amazing in turms of people actually buying CDs. He helped various artist make hit singles, and had the help of one of the greatest rappers all time BUT eminem has sold more records t hen any other artist in those 10 years. Has brought multi platinum artist such as 50 cent, G-unit, D-12, Obie trice. Has hit singles with various artist, ad produces( not half as well as Kanye). Has his own music station, clothing line, books, comics, movies, oscars, you name it no matter what they had huge impacts but eminem is in a league of his own when I comes to succes and that is all exculuding everything since relapse and there are plenty more things to talk about
 6 years ago '04        #193
bigboi2006 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,299 | Props total: 8 8
 Karamu said:
his influence was big on that album but i was just naming albums he helped craft together
He produced The Cool on that album Even named his next album after the song.
 6 years ago '11        #194
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 MPLSallstar said:
The only thing Eminem accomplished was album sales where Whites are the majority.

If Blacks were the majority, Kanye would sell an INSANE amount of records.

No racism, it's just the facts.
Have you ever been to a kanye concert there's nothing but white people

n*ggas don't listen to kanye he not jeezy or boosie

I swear y'all don't know sh*t
 03-30-2012, 01:45 AM         #195
The Rebel INS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
People still saying Eminem? I'm going to address the elephant in the room and just keep it 100%..

Em's only impact on hip-hop was making blacks and minorities aware that just how many white people support the hip-hop culture. Honestly I didn't think anyone really knew to much unless they actually went to a concert of some of their favorite artist. I honestly don't know one single black man who openly says he fu*ks with Em's music, almost like they are ashamed to bump that sh*t in the public. Ask yourself, how many black guys have you driven beside with them banging some Eminem out their systems?

That's the only impact this man made in Hip Hop..
you're being ignorant .. I know more black people that RELATE to eminem then whites. He grew up poor as fu*k in detroit...

of course white people support hip-hop culture.. you think 2pacs 80 million records sold are from blacks? Get the fu*k out of here acting like quality has nothing to do with record sales are you that dense?

I aint saying being white doesn't help but get of the racist tip it is not the soul factor not even close and if you think so then you're blatantly wrong..

some of you are reaching use your damn brains or grow the fu*k up.

Last edited by The Rebel INS; 03-30-2012 at 02:09 AM..
 6 years ago '12        #196
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,618 | Props total: 2132 2132
 The Rhyming Ape said:
If were talking about influence, That wack non hip hop album set the tone for the next 5 yrs of hip hop. That sing/rap about relationships thing is what alot of these rappers are trying to do now. Arguably the biggest rapper in the world right now (drake) jacked his entire style from 808's and heartbreak. Even you the biggest stan on the entire damn forum has to admit that the TS has some legit a.ss points. Ye didnt sell the most (even though he was up there) but hip hop basically followed the trends he set in the 2000's.
So, let me get this right, Kanye West created sing/rap?
 6 years ago '04        #197
HTownkilla 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,296 | Props total: 39 39
production wise the neptunes owned the 2000s
they won Producer of the Decade
 6 years ago '05        #198
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,238 | Props total: 9644 9644
do people know that Nelly outsold everyone in the 2000's thus making every 'sales' point that's been made in this thread pointless?
 6 years ago '05        #199
IGOTSHITTZ 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,077 | Props total: 478 478
 Kingpin 313 said:
Eminem and even 50 cent owned the 2000s especially the beginning you must be 12
50 Cent? He was famous for like a year...
 6 years ago '06        #200
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 Kingpin 313 said:
Eminem and even 50 cent owned the 2000s especially the beginning you must be 12

Yeah Kanye great producer but rapping back then was aight. Now he's just wacked out tho.
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
38 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
72 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
94 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
110 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
95 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
248 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy