Andrew Bynum plans to keep shooting 3-pointers — even after coach’s benching

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
11 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
9116 pageviews
109 comments

Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
Andrew Bynum plans to keep shooting 3-pointers — even after coach’s benching

In the latest episode of the Los Angeles Lakers’ long-running soap opera, suddenly 3-point-happy center Andrew Bynum was sent to the pine for not playing “the right way,” one game after Kobe Bryant was benched.

Bynum made the first 3-pointer of his seven-year career in seven attempts in a loss to the Memphis Grizzlies on Sunday. Feeling suddenly confident in his deep jumper, the All-Star surprisingly tossed up another that didn’t fall as the Lakers held a 56-50 lead with 10:05 left in the third quarter against the Golden State Warriors on Tuesday night. Bynum was sent to the bench shortly after the ill-fated shot and appeared to play uninspired while missing all three field-goal attempts in the fourth quarter before sitting out the final 9:10 of the Lakers’ 104-101 victory.

“I don’t know what was bench-worthy about the shot, to be honest with you,” said Bynum, who finished with 11 points and five rebounds in 23 minutes. “I made one last [game] and wanted to make another one. I swear that’s it. I guess [coach Mike Brown] took offense to it and he put me on the bench.”

That’s where Bynum sulked. He didn’t join the huddle during timeouts after being sidelined.

Bynum expects the coach to address the issue with him formally at some point. Brown declined to answer if Bynum’s 3-point attempt was the reason he benched him, but he doesn’t appear afraid of sitting him again if need be.

“If I feel like I have to take him out the game again, I’ll take him out the game,” Brown told Yahoo! Sports. “If I don’t feel like he’s playing the right way, I’ll take him out the game. I didn’t feel like he was playing the right way. I didn’t feel like we were playing the right way as a club when he was on the floor. That’s why I took him out the game.”

Bynum’s pouting appears to be over his desire to expand his game. He said he has developed a jump shot and different post moves. He won’t be afraid to fire away again from long range.

“I guess don’t take 3’s is the message. But I’m going to take some more,” Bynum said. “I just hope it’s not the same result. I hope that I make it.”

Lakers forward Pau Gasol said Bynum’s 3-point shooting is “not his game,” and he expects his teammate to do “the right thing.”

“We’ll address it as a team and unit to make sure everybody is on the same page,” Gasol said. “We need Andrew at his best for us to have a chance. That’s the only way we are going to get it down.”

In his younger days, Kobe Bryant often tested the limits of his game with coaches. An older and wiser Bryant wants to see the conflict with Bynum addressed with patience and poise. Bryant chuckled when told Bynum wanted to shoot more 3’s.

“It is somewhat amusing to me,” said Bryant, who entered the NBA out of high school in 1996, said. “In some ways the edginess and chippiness of him makes it very easy for me to relate to him because I had some of that when I was young. It’s easy for me to see where he is coming from.”

[pic - click to view]

Lakers' Andrew Bynum plans to keep shooting 3-pointers -- even after coach's benching - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

109 comments for "Andrew Bynum plans to keep shooting 3-pointers — even after coach’s benching"

6 years ago '05        #2
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,843 | Props total: 30032 30032
practice for a the summer then we will talk
 6 years ago '05        #3
DaDon23 65 heat pts65
space
space
$18,393 | Props total: 8039 8039
This n*gga Drew is a big a.ss kid man
 6 years ago '05        #4
ogballer32 400 heat pts400
space
space
$4,977 | Props total: 2537 2537

[video - click to view]

[/QUOTE]

@ Metta World Peace reaction when Bynum shot the 3
 6 years ago '11        #5
does any 1 care 19 heat pts19
space
space
$5,649 | Props total: 412 412
WTF is wrong with Bynum I hope he doesn't do this in the playoffs.
 6 years ago '06        #6
991 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,688 | Props total: 741 741
Basically sayin he don't respect his coach to the media...just dumb all around bynum.
 6 years ago '11        #7
KingPAPO 44 heat pts44
space
space
$2,191 | Props total: 179 179

I heard he yelled yolo on the release hahaha
 6 years ago '07        #8
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,475 | Props total: 6046 6046
Bynum is mad immature. Dude is just a big goofy kid who can't be serious on the court. And I know people gonna say "aawww he's just a kid" but the n*gga has been in the league for like 7 years now and he's 24 y/o. He aint no damn child he's a grown a.ss man.

This is the franchise player after kobe retires. wow.
 6 years ago '05        #9
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
n*gga cant even shoot 10 footers...but wanna jack 3's

n*gga needs to do some serious growing up
 6 years ago '10        #10
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,129 | Props total: 15629 15629
i turned that sh*t off immediately after he shot this sh*t

i know ppl say hes young but hes been in the league long enough to have matured more than he has
 6 years ago '07        #11
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10059 10059
its not a lack of respect, he just wants to be the man and is doing what he wants. the same way that all the great players did, the difference is he is doing it in a winning situation that is why he is catching flak for it. had he been playing for milwaukee or new orleans he would be 50% from three on the season and it wuldnt be a conversation
 6 years ago '06        #12
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
n*gga thinks hes Kevin Love
 6 years ago '05        #13
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
 Cambury said:
its not a lack of respect, he just wants to be the man and is doing what he wants. the same way that all the great players did, the difference is he is doing it in a winning situation that is why he is catching flak for it. had he been playing for milwaukee or new orleans he would be 50% from three on the season and it wuldnt be a conversation
The fu*k are you talkin bout

this n*gga makes some of the worst posts
 6 years ago '10        #14
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$15,354 | Props total: 9590 9590
I had to rewind that sh!t last night because I couldn't believe it

JamcnPrettyboy said:
Bynum is mad immature. Dude is just a big goofy kid who can't be serious on the court. And I know people gonna say "aawww he's just a kid" but the n*gga has been in the league for like 7 years now and he's 24 y/o. He aint no damn child he's a grown a.ss man.

This is the franchise player after kobe retires. wow.
The irony
 6 years ago '05        #15
Mannish-Yay 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,193 | Props total: 2474 2474
Beginning of the end of Mike Brown. Players rebelling. Kobe in his own way says Brown cant handle a team like Phil. Drew says he will continue to shoot 3s.Brown is losing the respect of the team. Countdown begins...
:mj2:
 6 years ago '06        #16
Bouncer 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$17,899 | Props total: 1212 1212
the funniest sh*t about this is metta world peace puttin his arms up like this shot is wet
 6 years ago '05        #17
Rockstar718 69 heat pts69
space
space
$10,836 | Props total: 9714 9714
why y'all mad tho,

lakers won

bynum start shooting 3s he's a better big man the Nowitzki

6 years ago '04        #18
virusrev 
space
space
$1,013 | Props total: 149 149
I thought it an entry pass to pau that was way off target cuz pau had real good position in the paint. Even if he just got it over the rim it would have been an offensive rebound.
 6 years ago '11        #19
does any 1 care 19 heat pts19
space
space
$5,649 | Props total: 412 412
 Cambury said:
wtf
 6 years ago '05        #20
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,061 | Props total: 10743 10743
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
26 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - serial killer todd kohlhepp - there are more victims :iseeyou2:
20 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
99 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy