Why Dont You Rep Your Cities Team?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
84 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
142 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '12        #361
Based Wolf 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$353 | Props total: 0 0
 WillieMaysHayes said:
when was i a clippers fan?
You know you were f*ggot. Me and someone else called you out in the OKC/Lakers game thread and you went ghost.
 6 years ago '09        #362
Chalky 303 heat pts303
space
space
$27,390 | Props total: 17556 17556
 does any 1 care said:
Baltimore
Yeah Baltimore doesn't have a Basket Ball team
 6 years ago '04        #363
Djkommish6 
space
space
$2,973 | Props total: 66 66
im A Yankees, Celtics, Chargers fan...from Joliet, Ill (suburb of chicago) I KNOW I KNOW...I wasnt a fan of sports until about 97-98...I wanted to move to NY so I became a yankees fan...Jordan retired so I didnt watch basketball except for kevin garnett (went to Farragut in Chi town) Minnesota and Randy Moss was the reason I even wanted to watch football...SO to this day KG celtics, Randy went to Oakland i moved to SD...CANT rep Oakland ever but I rocked with the new SD Home team...and secretly rooted for Patriots...haha so thats why...and anyway Bears used to LOSE all the time TO RANDDDDY! Its more about players than the city...Owners are money hungry, no loyalty, trade people away, so thats why I dont have loyalty to a "city" I just like players...it just so happens I built a rapport for these teams over the years because of the GROUP of Players...If the Yankees traded Jeter, arod cano, Celtics traded KG Rondo Pierce, Chargers traded Rivers & Gates (already on a thread after LT, Merriman, and Now VJ) who knows I might denounce sports again! hahaha I do hate the red sox and knicks though. to me its just a team who cares what city its in I just like the players...

Last edited by Djkommish6; 05-23-2012 at 01:58 PM..
 05-23-2012, 02:07 PM         #364
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
because im a d!ckriden banwagon frontrunning f*ggit

but the bigger question is if you are a d!ckrider why do you have the balls to call somebody else team sh*tty

like you wont juump ship as soon as the team you are d!ckriden falls off
 6 years ago '04        #365
whiskey787 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,148 | Props total: 5 5
I'm from maryland and rep for carolina panthers and new york knicks. Panthers b/c their first season I was a kid just starting to watch the NFL and they were the new team. Knicks b/c when I started watching the NBA they had players like sprewell, houston, starks, oakley, etc. and I've stuck with them ever since. (and I cannot bring myself to be let down by the wizards)
 05-23-2012, 03:03 PM         #366
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm from Detroit, but I like in Brooklyn and I'm often in Atlanta (suburbs).

I don't rep the team because the team doesn't rep me. The owners love the fans because the fans make them richer. The organization damn sure doesn't love the players, no more than the company I work for likes its employees. We don't matter to them, we just do a job and make them richer.

it's just a game, a team, there is no "we" unless you are affiliated with the team.

I am a fan of good players, coaches, and management. I like the yankees because they take care of their players. so does mark cuban. i like kevin garnett and Ray allen, doesn't mean I like the celtics.
 05-23-2012, 03:13 PM         #367
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is petty, some people have their reasons. live and let live.

as if i owe you an explanation, though:

1) i'm from a city that has no professional or college sports teams. i was born and raised in the new orleans area and moved around a lot as a youngin. LSU stuck with me because i'd been to baseball, football and basketball games as a child.

2) my family is all saints fans. all. except my brother and i. we moved to tampa when i was 10 almost 11, and my dad would take us to bucs games. as a kid, your loyalties aren't like they are, so we started rooting for the bucs because they were visible and just never stopped. a lot of the other nfc south fans even notice, i hate the falc*nts and panthers but haven't found it in me to have the same level of hate for the saints but fu*k them too. crash and burn this year.

3) the braves were the most visible baseball team i had growing up, my parents, grandparents and even great grandparents are/were braves fans. that goes for a lot of people from my area, as i believe the braves are the 2nd closest baseball team to where i grew up, the houston astros being the closest.

4) played soccer for 11 years as a youngin and followed epl. always liked chelsea. finally got to go to the bridge for a match a few years back in college. blue is the color.

5) i'm an ASU alum, so i support all the sports teams from there even though main event would tell you differently

that's pretty much the story, if you don't like it, oh fu*king well. maybe you need something else to occupy your time

Chad09 said:
I'm from LA, and the only out of state team I like are the Tampa Bay Bucs.
we ain't blocking you out of sh*t either, buc nation is buc nation!
 6 years ago '12        #368
AceBoogie 45 heat pts45
space
space
$6,201 | Props total: 59 59
from toronto so they dont have a football team and a college team
older cousin repped the jets hard so thats how i got into them and ive always like north carolina
and i hate hockey

Last edited by AceBoogie; 05-23-2012 at 03:29 PM..
 05-23-2012, 03:28 PM         #369
FADEx AWAY J 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I see antoniob aka 1992 hasn't shown up lol
 05-23-2012, 03:38 PM         #370
Aquarius 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think i already posted in here but i only rep one NY team and thats the mets...i didnt choose to be born here...its not like i have an obligation to root for these teams just because i live here...i dont believe in that sh*t...im not a front runner tho...fu*k the lakers,patriots and all those other teams that everybody likes
 6 years ago '07        #371
Mr.NYCinNC 33 heat pts33
space
space
$9,902 | Props total: 2280 2280
Laker fans will be forever a.ssociated with joining the bandwagon cuz their Pops () was watching them. Even if that is the case they hopped on because the lakers have always had success

I'm from NY - Giants,Yankees,Rangers and Knicks. I don't rep the jets like I do the giants same goes for the mets but I still got gear reppin literally every new York team.

This thread was made to weed out the Lebron stand from real heat fans. The clear bandwagon heat fans are dude who like the heat and then like the raiders, or fu*king eagles
 6 years ago '05        #372
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,904 | Props total: 30153 30153
Now this n*gga is a nets fans left one band wagon for the next
 6 years ago '08        #373
The Fifth KD 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,478 | Props total: 1271 1271
The only, I REPEAT, the only thing I find suspect is when n*ggas are "coincidentally" fans of perennial front running teams/legendary teams of the modern sports age.

Like not to call n*ggas out, but when I see n*ggas who are cowboys, yankees, steelers, duke, lakers, fans, sh*t, at least half of those n*ggas are bandwagonners. At LEAST half. Id venture to say that since 2010, UK has crossed that threshold as a team for bandwagoners (Because really, Kentucky is such a little cared about state that anyone who has no ties here has no reason to care about UK or UofL, unless they're on the bandwagon).
 6 years ago '11        #374
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,330 | Props total: 8464 8464
There ain't sh*t going on out here but BSU football, and I grew up watching Emmitt and Hakeem

Now OP do the world a favor and k!ll yourself
 6 years ago '08        #375
The Fifth KD 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,478 | Props total: 1271 1271
 lboog1423 said:
so bc i happen to grew up liking liking Miami hurricanes, lakers and eagles and prolly know more abt the teams/franchises than most casual fans that live in those cities, Im front running.

thats the most BS reasoning ive ever heard and i only hear it on bx. I know Giants fans personally (not callin out yall here on bx, i know yall r die hards) that havent spoken a word abt the Giants in between their 2 superbowl wins. Yet when they won this one recently they come out of hiding with everything Giants 24/7. How r they more loyal just bc they r from NY than me who ride or dies wit all my teams through the good and bad?

Im in every Eagles, Duke, Miami game thread and most threads abt them (lakers not so much bc they always turn into kobe vs lebron).

sh*t I forgot I posted in this thread before.....

Thing is bruh is that a native NYer (or someone who has ties to NY) has more grounds to root for the Giants (for the sake of an example here) is that they're from NY. It's more rooted in their culture. They legitimately "grew up" around that sh*t and are probably not bullsh*tting you when they say "their pops put them on that team" or some sh*t like that.

This is not to say that all NY fans (or whoever) are loyal and can't be bandwagon. sh*t here in KY you saw the bandwagon come out in people when UofL and UK played each other in the Final Four. People who never wore their loyalties or mentioned being a fan of BBall all of a sudden were buying t-shirts and talking sh*t (especially f*ggot UK fans).

But the thing is its easier to be a fairweather fan when you live in a respective location. And still kinda respectable. Even a fairweather fan in most locations knows more than non residents because they live there and are constantly exposed to that respective team.
 6 years ago '05        #376
space
space
 bigree61 said:
because im a d!ckriden banwagon frontrunning f*ggit

but the bigger question is if you are a d!ckrider why do you have the balls to call somebody else team sh*tty

like you wont juump ship as soon as the team you are d!ckriden falls off
he already jumped ship hes a knicks fan now hes a nets fan

trying to get at me. i been a fan of the same team since 96 dont get mad because the knicks suck. he even know they suck thats why he jumped ship. fu*king cross eyed drag queen
 05-23-2012, 04:47 PM         #377
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FADEx AWAY J said:
I see antoniob aka 1992 hasn't shown up lol
 1992 said:
Alabama born and raised, that speaks for itself...

Closes thing we got to a pro team is my crimson tide.
Shown up like 2 months ago plehboi....

6 years ago '05        #378
space
space
i do what i want. im a new york lakers fan fu*k u worried about it for

@ allowing me to talk sports in your circle n*gga please i dont even know you
i dont socialize with strangers especially n*ggas who jump from one team to the next.

clown trying to get a front row seat on the bandwagon
 6 years ago '11        #379
does any 1 care 19 heat pts19
space
space
$5,650 | Props total: 412 412
 hooligun said:
wizards?
I have always hated dc sports and dc sports fans I don't like dc the only reason I'm a lakers fan is because of my dad.

why are you a steelers fan do have someone in your family that was a steelers fan?

Last edited by does any 1 care; 05-24-2012 at 03:04 AM..
 05-23-2012, 05:12 PM         #380
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eagles All Day said:
From Maryland and we never had a team so I started fu*king with the eagles around the time #12 was lighting n*ggas up...everyone around here is a foreskin or Dallas so it just fit

Follow everything else Dc related but really don't care too much about other sports other then football

And yes I know I have a team witness sig but I could care less about the heat just a lebron fan

you live in montgomery county mofugga, you should be a skins and wizards fan

Team Witness??

Last edited by Braz; 05-23-2012 at 05:32 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
153 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
96 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
50 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy