Mar 27 - Trayvon Martinís Friends: He Never Started A Fight

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
26 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
73 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #1
6480 pageviews
37 comments

Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,877 | Props total: 13668 13668
Mar 27 - Trayvon Martinís Friends: He Never Started A f!ght

[pic - click to view]

http://www.syracuse.com/n .. rida_teen.html

[pic - click to view]

MIAMI — Wearing a hoodie. Listening to music and talking on his cellphone. Picking up Skittles for his soon-to-be stepbrother. Friends say that’s how they would have imagined 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on a Sunday afternoon.

SEE ALSO: Sanford Protests Teen’s k!lling

Starting a f!ght? Possibly high on drugs and up to no good? No, friends say that description of Martin from the neighborhood crime-watch volunteer who shot and k!lled the unarmed black teenager doesn’t match the young man they knew.

“There’s no way I can believe that, because he’s not a confrontational kid,” said Jerome Horton, who was one of Martin’s former football coaches and knew him since he was about 5. “It just wouldn’t happen. That’s just not that kid.”

Martin was slain in the town of Sanford on Feb. 26 in a shooting that has set off a nationwide furor over race and justice. Neighborhood crime-watch captain George Zimmerman, whose father is white and mother is Hispanic, claimed self-defense and has not been arrested, though state and federal authorities are still investigating.

Since his death, Martin’s name and photographs – in football jerseys, smiling alongside a baby, and staring into the camera in a gray hoodie – have been held up by civil rights leaders and at rallies stretching from Miami to New York demanding Zimmerman’s arrest.

On Friday, President Barack Obama called the shooting a tragedy, vowed to get to the bottom of the case, and added: “When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids.”

Since the slaying, a portrait has emerged of Martin as a laid-back young man who loved sports, was extremely close to his father, liked to crack jokes with friends and, according to a lawyer for his family, had never been in trouble with the law.

The son of divorced parents, he grew up in working-class neighborhoods north of Miami’s downtown. He and his father, a truck driver, were active in the Miramar Optimist Club, an organization that runs sports and academic programs for young people. Tracy Martin, the teen’s father, coached his son’s football team.

The boy was a swift athlete, according to a friend, and played a range of positions up to about age 14. After he stopped playing, he remained active in the organization, volunteering six days a week from June through November of last year to help run the team’s concession stand.

Martin cooked hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken wings alongside his father at the stand. He loved talking to the kids, asking them what position they played and whether they were good, Horton recalled. He would call the mothers “Ma’am,” and if they had a stroller or an item they needed help with, Martin stepped in.

“Everyone out there loved him,” Horton said.

Martin was tall and lanky – only 140 pounds, according to the family’s attorney – and his nickname was “Slimm.”

The teen spent a big part of his week living with his father in a one-story, peach-colored home. Neighbor Fred Collins Jr. said he would see Trayvon Martin outside every week mowing the lawn and trimming the trees. The teen also helped Collins’ son learn how to ride a bike.

“He was coaching him, giving him words of advice, encouragement,” Collins said.

No one answered the door on a recent afternoon, and a child’s plastic tricycle sat in the driveway.

Tracy Martin often recounted how his son saved his life. The elder Martin had begun heating up some oil to fry fish and fell asleep. The grease caught fire, and when Tracy Martin awoke and tried to put out the flames, he spilled the oil on his legs, severely burning himself. Trayvon Martin pulled his father out of the home and called 911.

Martin’s parents kept a close eye on him, but they didn’t have to be too strict, since he stayed out of trouble, Collins said. However, he had recently been suspended from school for five days for tardiness, his English teacher, Michelle Kypriss, told the Orlando Sentinel. School officials did not respond to a request for comment.

Martin’s father was not happy and grounded the teen for the duration of the suspension.

Trayvon Martin “knew he was wrong,” Horton said.

Martin dreamed of becoming a pilot. He had flown on school vacations to various places around the country with his mother, skiing in Colorado one year, going off to Texas another.

“There’s no little black kids that want to be pilots,” Horton joked with him when he was about 13.

“Well, I’ll be the first one,” the teen replied.

At Dr. Michael M. Krop High School, where Martin was a junior, he was on the quiet side, but he would sit in the middle of the classroom, participate in class and especially liked math.

Schoolmates remembered his humorous side.

“Brrrrian!” Trayvon would call out, rolling his r’s as is done in Spanish, whenever 16-year-old Brian Paz got a phone call from his Colombian mother, the friend recalled.

“I’d just burst out laughing,” Paz said.

Paz and other friends said Martin liked rap music and funny movies. He had written some lyrics, though he hadn’t had a chance yet to perform them. Martin was especially a fan of a student musical group at his school called Bison. He had two of the group’s pins on his backpack and helped spread the word about shows.

John Emmanuel, 17, said the group was about encouraging young men to be strong, independent leaders.

“That’s how we liked to think of ourselves,” Emmanuel said.

Martin had gone up to Sanford to visit his father’s fiancťe, who lived there with her young son. Friends said Martin regarded the boy as his little brother and had been looking forward to watching the NBA All-Star game with him that weekend.

On that Sunday, Martin went out to get candy and an iced tea at a convenience store and was walking back to the fiancee’s townhouse. Zimmerman, 28, spotted him and told a police dispatcher: “This guy looks like he is up to no good – he is on drugs or something.”

After the shooting, Zimmerman claimed that Martin attacked him as he was returning to his truck.

But Martin’s friends said they find that hard to believe. They said they had never seen him f!ght at all.

“As far as attacking the guy without him attacking him, no way,” Horton said.

37 comments for "Mar 27 - Trayvon Martinís Friends: He Never Started A Fight"

6 years ago '04        #2
W24x55 50 heat pts50
space
space
$12,355 | Props total: 11092 11092
 03-27-2012, 06:20 AM         #3
yeugkk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn yo this sh*t is a tragedy
 6 years ago '05        #4
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,557 | Props total: 1189 1189
 yeugkk said:
damn yo this sh*t is a tragedy
yeah it is it's pretty awful how he actually had dreams and he never gets to live them out because of all this.
 03-27-2012, 09:52 AM         #5
JackMeHoff 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 carden2 said:
yeah it is it's pretty awful how he actually had dreams and he never gets to live them out because of KKK member Zimmerman.
fixed.
 6 years ago '04        #6
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,155 | Props total: 9511 9511
^^^

He's just trolling!

But wasn't this kid suspended for f!ghting? And didn't he a.ssault a bus driver?
 6 years ago '04        #7
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,488 | Props total: 6069 6069
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
^^^

He's just trolling!

But wasn't this kid suspended for f!ghting? And didn't he a.ssault a bus driver?
yall never got into a f!ght at school even if it was to defend yourself at school u still got suspended
 6 years ago '05        #8
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
 HarryPNess said:
fixed.

People like you don't help this case at all.
 6 years ago '04        #9
space
space
 ATLDOPEBOI18 said:
yall never got into a f!ght at school even if it was to defend yourself at school u still got suspended
It depends. I mean I've been suspended and there were times I didn't because it was legit self defense. So I guess it all depends on the school district.

But the point was that the article said he never started a f!ght. My question was I thought I saw 1 he was suspended and I didn't know if that was for f!ghting or what. and 2 I thought I saw yesterday that he punched a bus driver? just trying to get some clarification
 6 years ago '10        #10
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433 OP
space
space
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
^^^

He's just trolling!

his teacher said it wa tardiness
Whats good tho?
 03-27-2012, 01:39 PM         #11
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
^^^

He's just trolling!

maaaaaaan you shoulda saw me when I was 17! lmao

i turned out pretty good though.

Boxden kids never got into f!ghts in school tho? i see thats why yall so quick to call mafuhkas out their names online.
 6 years ago '08        #12
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
space
$6,674 | Props total: 397 397
By all accounts--even the right-wing character a.ssassination once stripped away of sensationalism--sounded like a cool kid. He may have smoked & gotten into a few f!ghts but that sounds like a typical 17-year-old to me.

He didn't deserve to be followed.
 6 years ago '04        #13
space
space
 MONSTALOCC said:
his teacher said it wa tardiness
Whats good tho?
What up my dude. Yea I'm still mixed on this. I was ready to crucify that dude a week or so ago. But after all these other articles comin' out, I don't know what to believe. Trying to figure it out.

ManWithoutFear! said:
maaaaaaan you shoulda saw me when I was 17! lmao

i turned out pretty good though.

Boxden kids never got into f!ghts in school tho? i see thats why yall so quick to call mafuhkas out their names online.
Man when you and I were in HS gym teachers still took kids to the wrestling room and let 'em box it out with gloves But you right tho!
 03-27-2012, 02:16 PM         #14
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
Man when you and I were in HS gym teachers still took kids to the wrestling room and let 'em box it out with gloves But you right tho!
LMAO! yo when I was in school son, sh*t was CRAZY!!!!! thats why i kinda chuckle to myself when people say this generation gettin' crazier. nah man! me and my n*ggas would f!ght in school AND WE LIKED EACH OTHER! lol we played manhunt in school one time! i gotta million stories from school and they all involve some sort of fuhked up sh*t! my homeboy was at my crib yesterday and we tried to put a twist on the story of this poor kid and thought "what if this Zimmerman guy were to have rolled up on one of US when we were 17?" i dont know alotta peoples stories in here, i dont judge, but when was kids in the city we had guns and sh*t. So what would be the case if one of us were to have shot him? cause i probably woulda shot the guy. mafuhka just dont roll up on people in New York like that and get into arguments and sh*t. THERED BE A FUHKIN DUEL AFTER THAT SH*T!!! lol

and the question im posing is an honest one. what would be the outcome? im talking bout we in Florida the whole nine. lol i know id be in some sorta trouble what with a Saturday Night Special in my possession. lol
 6 years ago '10        #15
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433 OP
space
space
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
What up my dude. Yea I'm still mixed on this. I was ready to crucify that dude a week or so ago. But after all these other articles comin' out, I don't know what to believe. Trying to figure it out.

I feel ya, it's good to speculate before making a judgement. Look @ it this way, we were all 17 before right? Doing dumb sh*t. Put yourself in Trayvon's shoe and then put yourself in zimmerman's shoes. Stalked, shot, k!lled, and slandered while your k!ller goes free can't be comfortable.
 6 years ago '04        #16
space
space
 MONSTALOCC said:
I feel ya, it's good to speculate before making a judgement. Look @ it this way, we were all 17 before right? Doing dumb sh*t. Put yourself in Trayvon's shoe and then put yourself in zimmerman's shoes. Stalked, shot, k!lled, and slandered while your k!ller goes free can't be comfortable.
Totally agree. I firmly believe that given the slim chance that zimmerman acted in self defense. He STILL should have been arrested and had to plead his case in court. The fact he was never arrested pissed me off and I think blew this entire situation out of proportion. The procedure of law definitely failed this time.
 03-27-2012, 04:32 PM         #17
lifeundthescope 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:

but now your a George Zimmerman sympathizer now right? I mean all Whites gotta stick together, I understand.
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
Totally agree. I firmly believe that given the slim chance that zimmerman acted in self defense. He STILL should have been arrested and had to plead his case in court. The fact he was never arrested pissed me off and I think blew this entire situation out of proportion. The procedure of law definitely failed this time.
The procedure of law has failed throughout the history of this country, what the fu*k do you mean this time? The procedure of law has no intentions of bringing Justice to Blacks in this country, it's a White judicial system made by White America
 6 years ago '05        #18
Willoughby 1 heat pts
space
space
$924 | Props total: 0 0
So much information and misinformation abounds. But long story short, Trayvon's shooter should not be walking around free. This is not a good precedent at all.
 6 years ago '04        #19
space
space
 lifeundthescope said:
but now your a George Zimmerman sympathizer now right? I mean all Whites gotta stick together, I understand.

The procedure of law has failed throughout the history of this country, what the fu*k do you mean this time? The procedure of law has no intentions of bringing Justice to Blacks in this country, it's a White judicial system made by White America
Are you still talking? hop off my nuts sonny. I only deal with people who are over 20yrs old.
 03-27-2012, 04:53 PM         #20
lifeundthescope 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
Are you still talking? hop off my nuts sonny. I only deal with people who are over 20yrs old.
You can't even answer my questions, you must be tired of getting son'd by a 19 year old Black kid, is your White supremacist ego getting hurt?
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
113 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy