Raiders To Receive 3rd, 4th, and 5th Rd Compensatory Picks!

most viewed right now
 NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Wildest Game Stats of the Year so far...?
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA NBA GMs vote Wolves star Towns best player to build around - Is it still t..
47 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
142 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #61
kyh0mpb 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 4 4
 Robby Digital said:
ya'll also took Robert Gallery, Michael Huff, Darrius Heyward-Bey, and Rolando McClain in the top 10 as well ..just sayin.
I love how morons on the internet love to use hindsight like they knew it beforehand.

Gallery was deemed as the SAFEST pick in the entire draft by people who get paid to evaluate the draft.

Huff was picked right where he should have been, and has been a solid player for us. The single-high safety is one of the hardest positions in football to play, and he played it better than anyone in recent history for us.

DHB wasn't a good pick, Al obviously went with speed over production (DHB over Crabtree), but DHB has the tools/potential to become a way better receiver than Crabtree. Will he? Who knows (Crabtree sucks too), but he had a pretty good year last year, and has started to carve out a niche as more of a possession receiver than a stretch-the-field big play type of guy.

Rolando was the best LBer in the entire draft, lauded as one of the smartest players in the draft, and was one of our biggest needs. Most draft critics were surprised that the Raiders made such a smart pick.

While we're at it, let's throw JaMarcus in there. Todd McShay (one of the better draft analysts, in my opinion - Kiper is a bum), said he had NEVER seen a more impressive workout/pro day in his entire career scouting than Jamarcus's. He was a consensus top-2 pick (With Megatron being the other).

The Raiders have had some bad picks in the first round, but it's not like they've been drafting stupidly. They've simply had bad luck with players turning out like they should.

In the later rounds, though, it's undeniable how successful the Raiders are with finding talent. How many 4th-7th round players even make the team throughout the league, let alone contribute and go on to become solid players, even early starters?

But BX can go on thinking the Raiders are sh*tty drafters
 03-27-2012, 02:43 AM         #62
Cheeze  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KeepinItTrill said:
if we can get what we got this past season minus the turnovers, then we'll be good to go for 3-5 years with him

and don't forget the fact that he never played with DMC in the backfield.
Carson w/o the turnovers?
 03-27-2012, 03:14 AM         #63
Ether Boy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kyh0mpb said:
I love how morons on the internet love to use hindsight like they knew it beforehand.

Gallery was deemed as the SAFEST pick in the entire draft by people who get paid to evaluate the draft.

Huff was picked right where he should have been, and has been a solid player for us. The single-high safety is one of the hardest positions in football to play, and he played it better than anyone in recent history for us.

DHB wasn't a good pick, Al obviously went with speed over production (DHB over Crabtree), but DHB has the tools/potential to become a way better receiver than Crabtree. Will he? Who knows (Crabtree sucks too), but he had a pretty good year last year, and has started to carve out a niche as more of a possession receiver than a stretch-the-field big play type of guy.

Rolando was the best LBer in the entire draft, lauded as one of the smartest players in the draft, and was one of our biggest needs. Most draft critics were surprised that the Raiders made such a smart pick.

While we're at it, let's throw JaMarcus in there. Todd McShay (one of the better draft analysts, in my opinion - Kiper is a bum), said he had NEVER seen a more impressive workout/pro day in his entire career scouting than Jamarcus's. He was a consensus top-2 pick (With Megatron being the other).

The Raiders have had some bad picks in the first round, but it's not like they've been drafting stupidly. They've simply had bad luck with players turning out like they should.

In the later rounds, though, it's undeniable how successful the Raiders are with finding talent. How many 4th-7th round players even make the team throughout the league, let alone contribute and go on to become solid players, even early starters?

Pretty much summed it up here
 6 years ago '07        #64
Dotel 30 heat pts30
space
space
$5,883 | Props total: 1297 1297
Jacoby Ford had 19 catches this year hardly a great draft pick.
 03-27-2012, 04:49 AM         #65
West Side Wolf  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t we do work with our mid/ late round picks. I wish there was a rookie pay scale back when we drafted "JewMarcus Russell" that dude was way overrated and one lazy fu*k.
 6 years ago '05        #66
trb_5 
space
space
$5,356 | Props total: 750 750
 Billdotel said:
Jacoby Ford had 19 catches this year hardly a great draft pick.
he was injured....remember?

last year he basically single handledly helped us beat your team....and he returned 3 kicks/punts for touchdowns...

yea he is horrible
 6 years ago '06        #67
ohdosraders1 2 heat pts
space
space
$614 | Props total: 41 41
Whether its pure ignorance or just raider hate there are some ridiculous posts in here. Jacoby was out half the season, and when he did play he was no where near 100%. Getting these three picks can help us plug some holes we need. The team would of been in the playoffs if we didn't get derailed by injuries.
To the guy who said we are counting on these late rd picks to do something for the team a guy named Brady was drafted in the 6th so to say there isn't talent after the first few rds is ridiculous. Now I know Brady was a diamond in a rough but I'm Just using that to say there are players that fall thru the cracks and end up being picked in the later rds.
 03-27-2012, 07:29 AM         #68
@RG3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 theFREAK said:
So BX logic is now that no good/elite players have came out of the 4th, 5th or 6th rounds?

I'm done

[pic - click to view]

no one said that.. raiders need to make it happen.. some coaches just cant do it.. some franchises cant.. but i just think its funny you guys fell back on Compensatory Picks!
 6 years ago '11        #69
bkamagnum 
space
space
$1,069 | Props total: 264 264
raiders make the most exciting picks and draft based off athleticism. 3 championships later aint nothin wrong with that. keep hatin
 6 years ago '08        #70
d3athb4dishonor 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,464 | Props total: 550 550
LOL @ the NFL paying the Raiders back for their stupid contract moves. This is because they lost players due to contract structures that forced them to be released.
 6 years ago '07        #71
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,078 | Props total: 1522 1522
 DoMieD said:
Mother fu*ker how many winning seasons and playoff appearances do y'all have with this great fu*king drafting?

Jesus, Oakland has easily the dumbest fan base.
wrong. the Bungals have the dumbest fanbase
 6 years ago '05        #72
trb_5 
space
space
 d3athb4dishonor said:
LOL @ the NFL paying the Raiders back for their stupid contract moves. This is because they lost players due to contract structures that forced them to be released.
i think your the stupid idiot

we werent paying gallery anywhere near the amount he wanted which is why he left for seattle

we werent going to pay zach miller the 34 million with 17 mill in gurantees that he wanted which is why he went to the seahawks

we put the clause in for namdi to terminate his contract which was a good move on our part since he clearly wasnt being effective on our team anymore

so listen jackass...go post in your jacksonville thread where nobody goes to post

because they left to other teams who signed them for more money...we just so happened to get these picks in compensation....so in the end what is so bad about it

have you heard anything good come out of those players last year?

zach miller for all i know died in seattle ....gallery was cut.... and namdi was giving wrs highlights all day

Last edited by trb_5; 03-27-2012 at 11:53 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #73
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,888 | Props total: 2000 2000
 Eddie.. said:
wrong. the Bungals have the dumbest fanbase
False. Raiders take the cake easily
 6 years ago '04        #74
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,888 | Props total: 2000 2000
 trb_5 said:
i think your the stupid idiot
Stopped reading right after this.....come on now
 6 years ago '05        #75
trb_5 
space
space
 lilsnatch770 said:
Stopped reading right after this.....come on now
thats fine..i wont lose sleep

raiders fans...at least the legit ones on this forum are pretty realistic and unbiased...its stupid motherfu*kers that come in here saying sh*t out of there a.ss thats funny

yet we are stupid...o well
 6 years ago '07        #76
theFREAK 3680 heat pts3680
space
space
$53,672 | Props total: 38450 38450
 kyh0mpb said:

trb_5 said:
thats fine..i wont lose sleep

raiders fans...at least the legit ones on this forum are pretty realistic and unbiased...its stupid motherfu*kers that come in here saying sh*t out of there a.ss thats funny

yet we are stupid...o well
This.

Last edited by theFREAK; 03-27-2012 at 12:18 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #77
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,728 | Props total: 11624 11624
ahh Robert Gallery forever thankful he went at 2, thanks Oakland
 6 years ago '11        #78
eliwood 143 heat pts143
space
space
$32,935 | Props total: 8785 8785
 d3athb4dishonor said:
Wrong, they were not released, their contracts expired and the Raiders were unable to retain them because they got better offers elsewhere. The NFL has always "compensated" for teams that lose good free agents. If they were "cut" like you said, we wouldn't be getting compensatory picks.
 6 years ago '11        #79
eliwood 143 heat pts143
space
space
$32,935 | Props total: 8785 8785
 lilsnatch770 said:
False. Raiders take the cake easily
How can you say that when 90% of this forum has no idea how compensatory picks work and we do?
 6 years ago '07        #80
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,078 | Props total: 1522 1522
bungulz fans, the two of them here, are the dumbest sports fans I've ever seen period.
that's no exaggeration

it only took me 3 posts to see that that Domied dude is a complete idiot.

I still remember the first post I saw from him, knew something was fishy. then by the third post I realized he was a complete idiot.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
51 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now