is creatine good for becoming lean

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
69 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #1
10108 pageviews
19 comments

notic99 25 heat pts25
space
space
$7,584 | Props total: 0 0
is creatine good for becoming lean

im a beginner/novice/amateur/rookie when it comes to the gym,
and just started going with my friend a couple a weeks ago and he wants to start a cycle of creatine,
is it good for someone who is trying to become lean/ripped..
i'm also trying to build strength in the muscle mass i already do have,
i dont really care about becoming big i just want to be more lean like the boxers.

i'm 5'8 177 at the moment

edit: i'm not on any other supplements at the moment & i have been trying to watch what i eat

this is just an example on how i want to look over time

[pic - click to view]

props for the help

Last edited by notic99; 03-26-2012 at 01:44 PM..

19 comments for "is creatine good for becoming lean"

03-26-2012, 02:03 PM         #2
tech5c 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Creatine is fine. You can take it whether you are cutting or bulking.
 6 years ago '05        #3
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,916 | Props total: 1481 1481
damn that n*gga pecs is small as fu*k
 03-26-2012, 04:01 PM         #4
TheUzualSuSpect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
from what ive seen creatine aint good for shyt except putting on water weight. theres kids at my school on creatine almost double my size but not that much stronger than me. from what ive seen it just makes you LOOK big af just work out and eat someting with a lot of protein when you get home my suggestion is pbnj sammiches one day (go heavy on the pb) and a can of tuna on the other days.

keep it all natural baby
 6 years ago '05        #5
MSSoldier 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,956 | Props total: 1461 1461
creatine is natural as it is already in our bodies to begin with but i have taken creatine it is not smart in my opinion for cutting and getting lean. get a good pre workout supp, up your cardio to high intensity cardio a few times a week get on a good diet eating 4-5 times a day to help your metabolism burn all day and you are on your way
 6 years ago '07        #6
klepto 
space
space
space
$180 | Props total: 0 0
 Woodwin said:
damn that n*gga pecs is small as fu*k
 6 years ago '05        #7
Rubix 
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
 TheUzualSuSpect said:
from what ive seen creatine aint good for shyt except putting on water weight. theres kids at my school on creatine almost double my size but not that much stronger than me. from what ive seen it just makes you LOOK big af just work out and eat someting with a lot of protein when you get home my suggestion is pbnj sammiches one day (go heavy on the pb) and a can of tuna on the other days.

keep it all natural baby

bi*ch please.
 6 years ago '07        #8
Just1Spark 
space
space
$2,234 | Props total: 75 75
 TheUzualSuSpect said:

keep it all natural baby
Learning has taken place.
 6 years ago '11        #9
Two Pistols 18 heat pts18
space
space
$1,789 | Props total: 2 2
i took creatine before and this is from MY personal experience using it, cant speak for anyone else but it did work somewhat. For me it wasn't all water weight cuz i made some gains that stuck even after i stopped using it, but yeah i did notice SOME of it went down after i stopped, but that's normal. i was just trying 2 build more muscle mass so it was effective 2 me as i started seeing real gains after the 1st couple of days.

But the real gain that wasn't water weight i still have and i havent taken any in months. Whenever i used it its like the pain i would usually feel when lifting wasnt as intense. i could still feel it but it wasnt as bad and it helped me push myself further and lift more. So overall i liked it 4 the most part, it was Creadrive i picked it up from GNC for like 10 bucks i think.

Last edited by Two Pistols; 03-27-2012 at 07:26 PM..
 03-27-2012, 07:46 PM         #10
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Go train with Ann Wolfe if you want to look like James Kirkland
 6 years ago '07        #11
notic99 25 heat pts25 OP
space
space
 22k said:
Go train with Ann Wolfe if you want to look like James Kirkland
you know what i never thought of that

i wish Cus D'amato Was Still around
 6 years ago '05        #12
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,197 | Props total: 15715 15715
If your trying to get lean...just eat right (protein and fibers, cut out fatty foods) and workout properly (cardio). I would stay away from the supplements, because your trying to lose weight not gain.
 6 years ago '12        #13
kiddalex 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,600 | Props total: 6817 6817
Most guys taking creatine are trying to get HUGE and don't diet properly and just get bloated and then will tell you creatine makes you bloated. IMO it works pretty well and is a good supplement when your eat game is good.

PB+J sammichs are NOT a good idea to get cut. The bread gives almost no nutrition and will take forever to burn, the jelly has too much worthless sugar , and peanuts are a poor source of protein. Probably one of the worst things you can eat. Eat actual real meat and get a tolerable protein supplement. try to ingest about 300 grams a day if you can .

Stick to beans, Meat , and vegetables. Cut off almost all sugar except 1 or 2 days a week (maybe a piece of fruit or soemthing on a hard workout day) and get rid of any fu*king complex carbs you eat and you can just work out 3 times a week and stay pretty cut minimal cardio.

Unless you are doing VERY strenous cardio and can just eat whatever I would say dietary intake is the most important thing .
 6 years ago '07        #14
notic99 25 heat pts25 OP
space
space
for breakfast i eat

1 packet of oatmeal or cup of yogurt with granola
and drink a shake with my creatine

[pic - click to view]

^ i use 1 packet of this, add 1 banana, 2 scoops of yogurt, skim/lactaid milk and add ice

lunch usually consists of a sandwich on wheat bread that i make at work, which is either a chicken salad or turkey salad sandwich or a tuna melt (tuna/light mayo + 1 slice of cheese)

dinner i eat 1 serving of penne with no sauce, i usually spray the "i cant believe its not butter" spray and add sea salt and cracked ground pepper to add flavor

between lunch and dinner i snack on a few strawberries with nutella

i also have a carton of egg whites, and white rice with pinto beans but i havent made any of that yet and i cut all soda out of my diet and just drink water

as far of cardio I usually go hard on fridays (hill runs with a 20lb backpack on) im trying to convince my work out partner to run at least a mile on the treadmill in the beginning/end of our workouts but he refuses, so i might just go to my local track and do it myself

Last edited by notic99; 03-28-2012 at 01:34 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #15
FalconBuddha 16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,615 | Props total: 1687 1687
 MSSoldier said:
creatine is natural as it is already in our bodies to begin with but i have taken creatine it is not smart in my opinion for cutting and getting lean. get a good pre workout supp, up your cardio to high intensity cardio a few times a week get on a good diet eating 4-5 times a day to help your metabolism burn all day and you are on your way
Dont most pre-workout drinks have some creatine in them?
 6 years ago '10        #16
boony 6 heat pts
space
space
$81 | Props total: 1 1
if you don't care about getting big. why take it then? the sole purpose of supplemental creatine is to keep ATP levels higher in your system. This is good for weight lifting which is an anaerobic exercise. I suggest you watch you diet and work out naturally.
 6 years ago '05        #17
Rubix 
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
@ all the bullsh*t in this thread..

Listen, creatine isn't going to contribute to your overall caloric intake so yes, you can take it during a cutting cycle. In fact, creatine will increase your strength and endurance which means more quality training sessions. Take the creatine, lift heavy, do HIIT, maintain a balanced diet and eat below your caloric needs and you will see results. I don't know how many times I have to say this on this board but creatine isn't intended for putting on "mass." the water retention is a 'side' effect and even then, not everybody experiences bloating. The most important thing in trying to lose weight is controlling your calories. Keep it simple..
 6 years ago '12        #18
kiddalex 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,600 | Props total: 6817 6817
 Rubix said:

Listen, creatine isn't going to contribute to your overall caloric intake so yes, you can take it during a cutting cycle. In fact, creatine will increase your strength and endurance which means more quality training sessions. Take the creatine, lift heavy, do HIIT, maintain a balanced diet and eat below your caloric needs and you will see results. I don't know how many times I have to say this on this board but creatine isn't intended for putting on "mass." the water retention is a 'side' effect and even then, not everybody experiences bloating. The most important thing in trying to lose weight is controlling your calories. Keep it simple..

THIS

6 years ago '04        #19
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
$7,025 | Props total: 2559 2559
 Rubix said:

/thread.

Creatine is an everyday supp for me, throw some in my pre and post workout shake everyday
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
21 hours ago