Mar 25 - Unarmed Atlanta Teen Allegedly Killed By Security Guards Near Home

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
59 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #61
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206
Ya'll realize the security guards were black, right? What does this have to do with white people?

By Christian Boone
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Two security guards have been charged with impersonating a police officer following a bizarre chain of events Saturday night that resulted in the death of an unarmed 18-year-old man.
Candy Grimes, the mother of the dead teen, insisted Monday that she witnessed her son being run over by one of the guards after he had been shot, an a.ssertion police dispute.

DeKalb County Public Safety Director William Miller said Ervin Jefferson, 18, died from a single gunshot wound to the chest and, that while he had crawled under a car after the shooting, the vehicle never moved from the scene.

"I saw him shoot my son," Grimes told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution by phone Monday. She said police have ignored her claims before she cut the interview short to tend to her distraught daughter.

Jefferson, who was apparently unarmed, had allegedly approached the guard, Curtis Scott, in a "threatening manner," Miller said.

No charges have been brought against the 25-year-old Scott in connection with Jefferson's shooting, though police are still investigating, Miller said.

Grimes said she wants to see Scott charged with her son's death.

Scott and Gary Jackson, 26, told police they had spotted a suspicious vehicle, with four female passengers, parked just outside the Village at Wesley Chapel Apartments, where Scott and Jackson are employed as security.
A female resident of the Village apartments said the women had been harassing her, Miller said. He said he did not know whether the guards were aware of that complaint when they approached the car.

Scott and Jackson allegedly told the women they were police officers and illegally detained them at the scene, police say.

From there, events grew chaotic.

According to police, Scott and Jackson came under fire from a gunman inside a residence at 2622 Pleasantwood Drive. The suspected shooter, Bobby Hubbard Jr., 35, was also arrested and charged with reckless conduct and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, authorities said.

As the gunf!ght unfolded, Jefferson drove up to confront the women who were allegedly harassing his sister. He apparently thought the guards were affiliated with the women, Miller said.

Scott contacted 911 at 10:29 p.m. and said he was being fired upon and that he had shot Jefferson, police say. Jackson, meanwhile, had returned fire with the gunman at 2622 Pleasantwood. No injuries were reported.

Miller said he did not know if Scott and Jackson were licensed to carry firearms. "If their lives are being threatened, they have a right to respond appropriately," he said.

According to Miller, Jefferson "possibly threatened to k!ll" the guard.

Please return for updates.
 03-26-2012, 08:14 PM         #62
lifeundthescope  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 utdpridah said:
Ya'll realize the security guards were black, right? What does this have to do with white people?

By Christian Boone
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Two security guards have been charged with impersonating a police officer following a bizarre chain of events Saturday night that resulted in the death of an unarmed 18-year-old man.
Candy Grimes, the mother of the dead teen, insisted Monday that she witnessed her son being run over by one of the guards after he had been shot, an a.ssertion police dispute.

DeKalb County Public Safety Director William Miller said Ervin Jefferson, 18, died from a single gunshot wound to the chest and, that while he had crawled under a car after the shooting, the vehicle never moved from the scene.

"I saw him shoot my son," Grimes told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution by phone Monday. She said police have ignored her claims before she cut the interview short to tend to her distraught daughter.

Jefferson, who was apparently unarmed, had allegedly approached the guard, Curtis Scott, in a "threatening manner," Miller said.

No charges have been brought against the 25-year-old Scott in connection with Jefferson's shooting, though police are still investigating, Miller said.

Grimes said she wants to see Scott charged with her son's death.

Scott and Gary Jackson, 26, told police they had spotted a suspicious vehicle, with four female passengers, parked just outside the Village at Wesley Chapel Apartments, where Scott and Jackson are employed as security.
A female resident of the Village apartments said the women had been harassing her, Miller said. He said he did not know whether the guards were aware of that complaint when they approached the car.

Scott and Jackson allegedly told the women they were police officers and illegally detained them at the scene, police say.

From there, events grew chaotic.

According to police, Scott and Jackson came under fire from a gunman inside a residence at 2622 Pleasantwood Drive. The suspected shooter, Bobby Hubbard Jr., 35, was also arrested and charged with reckless conduct and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, authorities said.

As the gunf!ght unfolded, Jefferson drove up to confront the women who were allegedly harassing his sister. He apparently thought the guards were affiliated with the women, Miller said.

Scott contacted 911 at 10:29 p.m. and said he was being fired upon and that he had shot Jefferson, police say. Jackson, meanwhile, had returned fire with the gunman at 2622 Pleasantwood. No injuries were reported.

Miller said he did not know if Scott and Jackson were licensed to carry firearms. "If their lives are being threatened, they have a right to respond appropriately," he said.

According to Miller, Jefferson "possibly threatened to k!ll" the guard.

Please return for updates.
Oh ok, thanks for clearing this up.
 6 years ago '05        #63
space
space
 lifeundthescope said:
Oh ok, thanks for clearing this up.
I live in the area, been on the news somewhat down here. The story keeps changing, and the mom is clearly not mentally stable, expect more oddities to come form this one. Sad, but it seems like he was in the wrong place at wrong time. Trying to help his sister from getting beat up, but walks into a situation he wasn't expecting.
 6 years ago '07        #64
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,593 | Props total: 1054 1054
fu*king paul blarts man
 6 years ago '08        #65
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
Damn I'm just seeing this... WTF is going on?
 03-26-2012, 08:51 PM         #66
iThink  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what the fu*k is going on in this story?
 6 years ago '05        #67
space
space
 iThink said:
what the fu*k is going on in this story?
Read the update I added on the 4th page, much better than the crappy stories already posted(not a shot at the posters, just the terrible journalism).

Last edited by Soprano ATL; 03-26-2012 at 09:31 PM..
 03-26-2012, 10:19 PM         #68
Ednyce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
allegedly ???? well was he k!lled or not. damn that makes 3 unarmed people k!lled in the last 2 weeks.
 6 years ago '05        #69
space
space
 Ednyce said:
allegedly ???? well was he k!lled or not. damn that makes 3 unarmed people k!lled in the last 2 weeks.
Yes he was k!lled, read!
 6 years ago '07        #70
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,206 | Props total: 15088 15088
 stlcardinals19 said:
What in the fu*k did I just read?!?!?!?!?!
 F.White said:
Me confused wtf is going on here?
 SpyDa said:
im confused.... its like 4 stories into one
forreal

a car covered the dude and the security guards didn't k!ll him? wtf
 6 years ago '05        #71
space
space
 KeepinItTrill said:
forreal

a car covered the dude and the security guards didn't k!ll him? wtf

Security guards shot him, he curled up under a parked car. He was not run over or any of that bullsh*t from the first article.
 6 years ago '11        #72
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
 420Sosa said:
Basically what they saying is that someone did shoot the kid but the family doesnt think that's what k!lled him, after he was shot they think someone ran him down and that was the fatal blow.

I heard they found him with broken ribs and other fractures, which is why they want justice.

I'm 18 and all that's going between the Trayvon Martin and this new case, it seems like a death sentence is to be a young black male in America

R.I.P. to both

My moms won't stop reminding me of how much it would k!ll her to see something like that happen to me
 6 years ago '07        #73
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,206 | Props total: 15088 15088
 Frank Hampton said:
My moms won't stop reminding me of how much it would k!ll her to see something like that happen to me
losing a child is a tough pill to swallow homie, gotta understand where she's coming from with that

if I had a kid I'd be scared that they wouldn't come home because of some dumb sh*t too
 6 years ago '10        #74
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,867 | Props total: 13663 13663

[pic - click to view]

UPDATE: 10:27 P.M. EST:

Curtis Scott, 25, and Gary Jackson, 26, were charged with impersonating police officers on the night that 18-year-old Ervin Jefferson was k!lled outside of his home in Dekalb County, GA, reports the Atlanta Journal Constitution.

The private security guards allegedly detained women at the scene of the shooting by telling them that they were officers. According to reports they were fired upon from Ervin’s residence by Bobby Hubbard Jr., 35, was also arrested and charged with “reckless conduct and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon,” reports the AJC.

Ervin was shot by Scott, who called 911 at approximately 10:29 p.m. to say that he was being fired upon, as he approached the car containing the women who, he believed, were coming to threaten his younger sister.

Though Ervin’s mother, Candy Grimes, claimed that she saw her son being run over by a car after he was shot, DeKalb County Public Safety Director William Miller, says that Ervin crawled under the car after he was shot once in the chest.

Though it is unclear if Scott and Jackson are registered to carry firearms, Miller says that so far it seems as if they were within their rights to k!ll Ervin:
 6 years ago '11        #75
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
 KeepinItTrill said:
losing a child is a tough pill to swallow homie, gotta understand where she's coming from with that

if I had a kid I'd be scared that they wouldn't come home because of some dumb sh*t too
I understand but I was remarking about how sad it is in today's world that she even got to worry about that sh*t
 6 years ago '08        #76
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,768 | Props total: 12262 12262
Sad and RIP to the homie

but we all know the media only looking for 1 Trayvon rite now
 6 years ago '05        #77
BadIntentionz 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,562 | Props total: 813 813
here we go another cause for a MARCH to NYC?
 6 years ago '10        #78
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,867 | Props total: 13663 13663
ratchet a.ss sister got him popped on. But thats another thread. *sighs*
 6 years ago '09        #79
Baynut 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,195 | Props total: 3073 3073
 lifeundthescope said:
George Zimmerman is white....

His White dumbass, No white person is going to call Obama white, nor have they ever. They always called him Black. It's funny how these Whites are starting to call Zimmerman hispanic which isn't even a race btw, to try to distance themselves from him what happened to the One-Drop rule Whites?
First of all George Zimmerman is 1/2 German and 1/2 Peruvian or Guatemalan. His dad is German/Jewish and his Mom is either Guatemalan or Peruvian,(Ive read article saying shes one or the other, either way both are in Central America/South America)which here in USA is considered Hispanic/Latino.

Second of all, I am not white dumbass. I am Hispanic, specifically Costa Rican. I am a.ssuming the reason why the media/police/whatever call him a White Hispanic is because he is 1/2 German/Jewish, and 1/2 Lation/Hispanic.

As for your rebuttal to my Obama example. You act like Black people would call him white, now a days in society if you are mixed 99% of the time you will be defined by whatever the stronger genes are.

Example, Obama is white/black, but he looks black, therefore people call him black first before calling him white. Same thing for Zimmerman, he is Latino/White, but he looks more Latino, therefore people call him Hispanic/Latino, or for you ignorant as*holes, Mexican.

[pic - click to view]

^You're saying that's a white man?

That is all.
 6 years ago '04        #80
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,050 | Props total: 19888 19888
holy sh*t.. always in the fu*king chest.

just shoot him in the legs to subdue him. i just dont understand it.. its like people WANT to k!ll.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
46 comments
24 hours ago