most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
230 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA What’s waiting for LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball in Lithuania
62 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #21
CamoBoxers 20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,667 | Props total: 11 11

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '08        #22
H Class 
space
space
$1,473 | Props total: 119 119
Sadly this will be the highlight of my week.
 6 years ago '06        #23
kyh0mpb 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 4 4
 H Class said:
Sadly this will be the highlight of my week.
Sadly?

Excitedly, this will be the highlight of my week
 6 years ago '09        #24
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,301 | Props total: 7949 7949
this sunday right........cant wait
 6 years ago '05        #25
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
$16,827 | Props total: 2 2
 6 years ago '04        #26
Propel Water 20 heat pts20 OP
space
space
$19,396 | Props total: 4287 4287
 kyh0mpb said:
Sadly?

Excitedly, this will be the highlight of my week
best week ever. game of thrones and my lisence gets renewed. lets see if i can win that fun megamillion bullsh*t too
 6 years ago '08        #27
Jeans&Sneakers 158 heat pts158
space
space
$4,354 | Props total: 1167 1167

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #28
DCballer40 
space
space
space
$2,875 | Props total: 165 165
MY body is beginning the process of readiness. Hopefully by Sunday night it shall be in full ready and intake mode for such an EPIC season opener.
 6 years ago '04        #29
Steve07 
space
space
space
$1,337 | Props total: 72 72
Can't wait!!! This should be a wicked season. Season 3 though will be GODLY! How fu*ked up would it be if HBO pulls off the biggest April Fools joke on us and airs this sh*t the week after instead
 6 years ago '04        #30
T-Styles 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,182 | Props total: 0 0
appreciate the first post write up. After season 1, and then reading all of the books, I was a bit lost as to where the action had left off.
 6 years ago '04        #31
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,074 | Props total: 4421 4421
hope these reviews of the first 4 episodes are critics being nitpicky

otherwise this aint looking good do not pull a fu*king heroes on me
 6 years ago '09        #32
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,221 | Props total: 19332 19332
yea probably won't be posting in this thread avoid spoilers never read the books...Stannis that dude tho it looks like
 6 years ago '05        #33
poeknock 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,727 | Props total: 157 157
MY body is beginning the process of readiness. Hopefully by Sunday night it shall be in full ready and intake mode for such an EPIC season opener.
^^this^^
 6 years ago '07        #34
Bigakathebeast 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,060 | Props total: 137 137
 MosDefinition said:

huh.....

so far the reviews for the second season seems to be better than the 1st

6 years ago '04        #35
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,074 | Props total: 4421 4421
 Bigakathebeast said:
huh.....

so far the reviews for the second season seems to be better than the 1st

nytimes one wasnt that kind

Midway through Season 1 of “Game of Thrones,” viewers were treated to a particularly gruesome scene that showed a lovely princess named Daenerys Targaryen eating the raw heart of a horse.

Turns out it was something of a metaphor for the series itself. In the second-to-last episode last season, “Game of Thrones” in effect ate its own heart by k!lling off its main and most noble character, Ned Stark, who was played by Sean Bean, perhaps the best-known actor in this cast-of-thousands extravaganza.

So the question for HBO as Season 2 begins on Sunday is this: Who is going to replace Ned as a focus of the series? The answer, at least four episodes in: no one.

The new season of this dense medieval fantasy set in a land called Westeros serves up a whole bunch of wartime posturing, a seemingly endless number of would-be rulers and the usual s3x and (sometimes in the same scene) violence. But it sure doesn’t give viewers much to latch onto.

Continuing with our body-parts metaphor, is our attention supposed to transfer to Joffrey (Jack Gleeson), the bile duct of the show, who had dear old Ned’s head lopped off and now sits on the throne? How about to Ned’s widow, Lady Catelyn (Michelle Fairley), the appendix, present but not particularly necessary?

Ned’s a.ssorted children are floating around and might turn into something important — lungs, kidneys, even a heart — but it’s hard to tell, because so many plotlines have been set in motion that in any given week none of these offspring get enough screen time to evolve into the kind of layered character who can sustain a series. The same is true of the heart-eating Daenerys (Emilia Clarke), who lost her husband in Season 1 but gained some baby dragons. She may be the most interesting figure still standing, but, at least early in the new season, her scenes are few and far between.

In the opening credits, top billing now goes by default to Peter Dinklage, who plays Tyrion Lannister, younger brother of Cersei and Jaime, the incestuous twins who spawned Joffrey. Mr. Dinklage won the supporting actor Emmy for his work in Season 1, though his role was relatively minor. He has more to do in Season 2; Tyrion is just about the only character developing any complexity. Maybe even a glimmer of a conscience.

Everyone else is busy preparing for war, though against whom seems to be almost random, as if enemies and allies were a.ssigned by throwing darts at a wall chart. “Another king?” Cersei (Lena Headey) says in the season’s second episode, referring to one of those who are gathering armies and staking a claim to the throne. “How many is that now? Five? I’ve lost count.”

You aren’t the only one, Your Majesty. And for every claimant, there are relatives, mentors, aides, lovers. The character board for the series on HBO’s Web site has 49 head shots on it. Thinking of jumping into the new season without having seen the first? Don’t even try; your brain doesn’t have that many neurons.

Some people love this kind of stuff, of course, and presumably those addicted to the George R. R. Martin books on which the series is based will immerse themselves in Season 2, just as they did in Season 1. Will anyone else? You have to have a fair amount of free time on your hands to stick with “Game of Thrones,” and a fairly low reward threshold. If decapitations and regular helpings of bare brea$ts and buttocks are all you require of your television, step right up.

Sure, it’s possible to make a decent no-character-is-safe show; a series needn’t have a sympathetic major figure if its evil ones somehow shed light on the human condition or the wages of sin. And there may be illuminating episodes ahead in “Game of Thrones.” But in the early going Season 2 seems mostly to be presenting vileness for voyeurism’s sake. You wince every time Joffrey, a sadist, comes on the screen, and not in an “Ooh, I wonder what nasty thing he’ll do next” sort of way. If you find yourself looking forward to Joffrey’s scenes, there’s something wrong with you.

What “Game of Thrones” needs if it is to expand its fan base beyond Dungeons & Dragons types is what most of the United States didn’t get this year: a hard winter. Life in this particular fantasy land consists of seasons of indeterminate length, and since the series began there have been references to an impending winter of fearsome power.

Now there is also something else ominous brewing beyond the Wall that protects the kingdom’s northern border. Mysterious forces and creatures are up there, along with a bunch of wilderness people who may be getting organized. Any and all could be heading south at any time.

So far, the rough weather and the invaders from the north have mostly been hinted at, vague threats that don’t seem in any hurry to materialize. Here’s hoping that they get a move on. To this point we’ve seen only a bunch of petty pretenders jockeying for a throne that, frankly, doesn’t seem all that desirable to begin with. How would they react to an outside force that puts allies and enemies alike in jeopardy? That might be enough to get this meandering series back onto some kind of track.
 6 years ago '07        #36
Bigakathebeast 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,060 | Props total: 137 137
 MosDefinition said:
nytimes one wasnt that kind

Midway through Season 1 of “Game of Thrones,” viewers were treated to a particularly gruesome scene that showed a lovely princess named Daenerys Targaryen eating the raw heart of a horse.

Turns out it was something of a metaphor for the series itself. In the second-to-last episode last season, “Game of Thrones” in effect ate its own heart by k!lling off its main and most noble character, Ned Stark, who was played by Sean Bean, perhaps the best-known actor in this cast-of-thousands extravaganza.

So the question for HBO as Season 2 begins on Sunday is this: Who is going to replace Ned as a focus of the series? The answer, at least four episodes in: no one.

The new season of this dense medieval fantasy set in a land called Westeros serves up a whole bunch of wartime posturing, a seemingly endless number of would-be rulers and the usual s3x and (sometimes in the same scene) violence. But it sure doesn’t give viewers much to latch onto.

Continuing with our body-parts metaphor, is our attention supposed to transfer to Joffrey (Jack Gleeson), the bile duct of the show, who had dear old Ned’s head lopped off and now sits on the throne? How about to Ned’s widow, Lady Catelyn (Michelle Fairley), the appendix, present but not particularly necessary?

Ned’s a.ssorted children are floating around and might turn into something important — lungs, kidneys, even a heart — but it’s hard to tell, because so many plotlines have been set in motion that in any given week none of these offspring get enough screen time to evolve into the kind of layered character who can sustain a series. The same is true of the heart-eating Daenerys (Emilia Clarke), who lost her husband in Season 1 but gained some baby dragons. She may be the most interesting figure still standing, but, at least early in the new season, her scenes are few and far between.

In the opening credits, top billing now goes by default to Peter Dinklage, who plays Tyrion Lannister, younger brother of Cersei and Jaime, the incestuous twins who spawned Joffrey. Mr. Dinklage won the supporting actor Emmy for his work in Season 1, though his role was relatively minor. He has more to do in Season 2; Tyrion is just about the only character developing any complexity. Maybe even a glimmer of a conscience.

Everyone else is busy preparing for war, though against whom seems to be almost random, as if enemies and allies were a.ssigned by throwing darts at a wall chart. “Another king?” Cersei (Lena Headey) says in the season’s second episode, referring to one of those who are gathering armies and staking a claim to the throne. “How many is that now? Five? I’ve lost count.”

You aren’t the only one, Your Majesty. And for every claimant, there are relatives, mentors, aides, lovers. The character board for the series on HBO’s Web site has 49 head shots on it. Thinking of jumping into the new season without having seen the first? Don’t even try; your brain doesn’t have that many neurons.

Some people love this kind of stuff, of course, and presumably those addicted to the George R. R. Martin books on which the series is based will immerse themselves in Season 2, just as they did in Season 1. Will anyone else? You have to have a fair amount of free time on your hands to stick with “Game of Thrones,” and a fairly low reward threshold. If decapitations and regular helpings of bare brea$ts and buttocks are all you require of your television, step right up.

Sure, it’s possible to make a decent no-character-is-safe show; a series needn’t have a sympathetic major figure if its evil ones somehow shed light on the human condition or the wages of sin. And there may be illuminating episodes ahead in “Game of Thrones.” But in the early going Season 2 seems mostly to be presenting vileness for voyeurism’s sake. You wince every time Joffrey, a sadist, comes on the screen, and not in an “Ooh, I wonder what nasty thing he’ll do next” sort of way. If you find yourself looking forward to Joffrey’s scenes, there’s something wrong with you.

What “Game of Thrones” needs if it is to expand its fan base beyond Dungeons & Dragons types is what most of the United States didn’t get this year: a hard winter. Life in this particular fantasy land consists of seasons of indeterminate length, and since the series began there have been references to an impending winter of fearsome power.

Now there is also something else ominous brewing beyond the Wall that protects the kingdom’s northern border. Mysterious forces and creatures are up there, along with a bunch of wilderness people who may be getting organized. Any and all could be heading south at any time.

So far, the rough weather and the invaders from the north have mostly been hinted at, vague threats that don’t seem in any hurry to materialize. Here’s hoping that they get a move on. To this point we’ve seen only a bunch of petty pretenders jockeying for a throne that, frankly, doesn’t seem all that desirable to begin with. How would they react to an outside force that puts allies and enemies alike in jeopardy? That might be enough to get this meandering series back onto some kind of track.
NYT review of last season was bad too but that didn't stop me from enjoying the show
 6 years ago '11        #37
CamoBoxers 20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,667 | Props total: 11 11
My friend pretty much spoiled the entire show for me
[spoiler - click to view]

6 years ago '09        #38
DesertEagle 48 heat pts48
space
space
$7,981 | Props total: 1851 1851
^
 6 years ago '04        #39
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 693 693
Man... I am so hyped for this sh*t.

I just got finished with DWD... Slow at first but ended spectacularly with one exception... they straight Caesar'd the homie...

Jack Gleeson as Jeoffry Baratheon... dude is one hell of an actor. Just from the first season, I hate the TV character more than the book character. I predict this season he will earn the most hated TV character title.

I think i want to read Clash again though.

Last edited by DIGI; 03-31-2012 at 09:09 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #40
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7086 7086
 MosDefinition said:

It's averaging a 90 on Metacritic right now with 22 reviews in.

at even thinking for one second of comparing Game Of Thrones to Heroes.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
43 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
219 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
57 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
139 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy