Young Jeezy on Trayvon Martin: “The Minute we Accept That, We Stand For Nothing”

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
176 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #121
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
 Michael_Moore said:
not condoning his wearing of that shirt,but when a black teenager gets gunned down and his shooter gets let go the same night....this coupled in with all the other injustices african americans face,can u at least not understand his frustration?
yeah but bro the shirt is the biggest fail, zimmerman is a mexican or hispanic or whatever, a shirt like this is just adding fuel to the fox news fire
 6 years ago '05        #122
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 868 868
cause I have a son his age and I just feel like that could’ve been either of our children.
 03-25-2012, 03:24 PM         #123
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hooligun said:
the same jeezy who talks about selling coke and toting guns around...
Yeah and Arnold Shwarzenegger shot Police officers in his movies with guns and still signed anti-gun laws as Govenor of California....

I guess entertainers cant have an opinion on social issues based on their music/movie roles.
 03-25-2012, 03:43 PM         #124
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Graftedgenes;22695782[COLOR="Yellow" said:
]Yeah and Arnold Shwarzenegger shot Police officers in his movies with guns and still signed anti-gun laws as Govenor of California[/COLOR]....

I guess entertainers cant have an opinion on social issues based on their music/movie roles.
i wonder if he has a reply for this
 6 years ago '06        #125
unotready 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,104 | Props total: 16 16
It's funny how quick black people are to denounce whites in this situation. It has nothing to do w/ whites, but everything to do w/ the lack of respect for black life in america. The person who did it is a product of American interbreeding. He isn't white, he isn't spanish. He's a mixture of both, and is American.
 03-25-2012, 04:13 PM         #126
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 unotready said:
It's funny how quick black people are to denounce whites in this situation. It has nothing to do w/ whites, but everything to do w/ the lack of respect for black life in america. The person who did it is a product of American interbreeding. He isn't white, he isn't spanish. He's a mixture of both, and is American.
so why are whites so quick to say he is hispanic
or bring up a one drop rule that whites made up

but your 100% right about the lack of respect for black life in america

but that is the foundation of america the sub-human treatment of all non whites
 6 years ago '04        #127
NuttinNyce 
space
space
$3,493 | Props total: 34 34
 Nautilus O said:
Have you ever heard anyone refer to a murder as "white on white" crime? Racial profiling is inconsequential unless you are in a position of power. If the guy at the gas station pumping my gas thinks that I'm a "dirty drug dealing n*gga" it doesn't matter case all he is doing is pumping my gas. If a police officer pulls me over then its a whole different story.

And the biggest drug dealers in the history of cinema include 1 cuban, 1 white dude and 1 black dude named nino brown. If you make a movie about brooklyn how realistic is it to have a white drug dealer? If you watch a movie about the suburbs there's a 75% chance the dealer will be white. Its not public portrayal, its the life we live. Rappers perpetuate that myth more than anybody including Mr 17.5. So you need to holla at him as well
1) Obviously racial profiling is NOT inconsequential outside of powerful positions. If racial profiling was that insignificant Zimmerman wouldn't have said Trayvon looked suspicious for simply walking home. If that gas station attendant thinks you are a "dirty drug dealing n*gga" and you go inside and ask for your change in a manner that makes him feel threatened he can k!ll you and get away with it under this "stand your ground" law. What you must realize is that ignorance is dangerous period, it is just worse when those in power are also ignorant.

2) Exactly they don't refer to any other crimes as "race on race" crime until they start talking about Black people. If more than 50% of the portrayal of Black people in media is drug dealer, drug user, deadbeat, or thug why wouldn't everybody else think that those are the characteristics of Black people? Look at how non Americans view African Americans. They get their definitions of us from the media.

Turn on the tv and watch a movie with a white cast and it'll probably be a romantic comedy, action film, or otherwise a movie that shows them in a positive light unless it is a horror movie. Turn on that same tv and look for a Black or Latin cast. You might see 1 love story but the majority of what you see is going to be about drug dealers and gangs. I don't know about your reality but drug dealers and gangs are not so prevalent in my life that I see no need for positive representation. Yes if I go around the corner Hakim is slangin rocks on 1 side of the street and Juan is gangbanging on the other. But for every Hakim and Juan there are 50 Michaels and Joses who go to work, provide for their children, and don't rob and k!ll people for no reason.

So why does the public prefer a view of Jeezy when he is talking about that "white girl" and not when he is saying things like this? Mainstream rappers don't make it better for the public perception, but they are giving the public something they want. So why does the public ONLY want ignorance from Black people?
 03-25-2012, 09:42 PM         #128
sflm 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigree61 said:
but that is the foundation of america the sub-human treatment of all non whites
Except the in this nation were Native American and European. And, no, the Europeans who were enslaved were not 'indentured servants'.
 6 years ago '04        #129
NuttinNyce 
space
space
$3,493 | Props total: 34 34
 sflm said:
Except the in this nation were Native American and European. And, no, the Europeans who were enslaved were not 'indentured servants'.
Not to downplay the original slaves, but the African slave trade was by far the most profitable form of slavery. White slaves were able to become White afterwards, but Black slaves were barely considered human. The both suffered horrible treatment during slavery but nobody can deny that the post slavery treatment was completely different.
 6 years ago '05        #130
C. Wat 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,977 | Props total: 1004 1004
 mixedwun said:
i want zimmerman in jail

but @ black people burning bridges with EVERY race

i've seen blacks on this site post-treyvon dismiss every race whether it is native american,latino,azn or any other minority as "cracker loving uncle toms"

grouping whites latinos asians and natives together as the white man's bi*ch and just discounting blacks....u gotta throw blacks in there too

it's just funny blacks acting like other minorities havent been through some sh*t and still don't face bullsh*t today

i'm not even white either and i'm 'ing at the nignorance..i mean ignorance

i think thats numero uno on a LONG list of sh*t black folk need to work on...

You hit it HEAD on... we victimize ourselves and vilify ANY other race that does anything remotely negative to us.
 03-26-2012, 01:27 AM         #131
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kiddrocay said:
ross is a soul artist
whats next

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Late to the Party: Persona 5
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago