Young Jeezy on Trayvon Martin: “The Minute we Accept That, We Stand For Nothing”

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
85 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
20 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #1
10808 pageviews
150 comments

Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5
Young Jeezy on Trayvon Martin: “The Minute we Accept That, We Stand For Nothing”

[pic - click to view]

The tragic murder of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, who was murdered while walking through a gated community on his way home in Florida last month, continues to spark outrage across the nation. And hip-hop is being vocal about its support.

Rap stars like Wyclef Jean, ?uestlove of the Roots and Big Boi have spoken up about the tragedy already, and now Young Jeezy is the latest to speak out about the disheartening case.

“I feel very deeply as a community leader and as a product of my culture,” Jeezy told MTV News. “I feel like we all got to get together and stop this, ’cause I have a son his age and I just feel like that could’ve been either of our children.

“This is real, I understand that there are a lot of things goin’ on in the world and times are hard for everybody right now, but when you start having adults k!ll children for any reason, then we’re on our way to something we don’t want to be at,” the Snowman continued. “The minute we accept that, we stand for nothing.”

Much like Jeezy’s reaction, the heartfelt sentiments have been pouring in from all over the country, including out of the White House.

“Obviously, this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through,” President Barack Obama told reporters during a press conference addressing a separate matter on Friday morning (March 23). “When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids. You know, if I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon. I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves, and we are going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened.”

According to reports, Martin was walking home from a 7-11 store in the Sanford section of Florida, when a community watchman named George Zimmerman called the police and warned them about the teen looking “suspicious” in his hoodie. Zimmerman told police that he was going to follow Martin, but police instructed him not to. When cops did show up at the scene, however, Zimmerman had shot Martin dead in a claim of self-defense. Martin did not have a weapon on him. Citizens of Florida are protected under the controversial “Stand Your Ground” statute, which allows Floridians to shoot their guns if threatened.

The Miami Heat basketball team showed their support on Friday as well, as the entire squad donned hoodies in tribute of Martin. Heat superstar LeBron James even tweeted, “#WeAreTrayvonMartin #Hoodies #Stereotyped #WeWantJustice.”

Amidst the heated reaction and media storm, Sanford Police Department Chief Bill Lee announced on Thursday (March 22) that he will temporarily be stepping down. This came after a throng of protesters, including Martin’s parents and civil rights activist Rev. Al Sharpton, turned out for a ‘Million Hoodie March’ in the Union Square section of New York City on Wednesday (March 21).

[pic - click to view]

Young Jeezy on Trayvon Martin: “The Minute we Accept That, We Stand For Nothing” | XXLMAG.COM

150 comments for "Young Jeezy on Trayvon Martin: “The Minute we Accept That, We Stand For Nothing”"

6 years ago '04        #2
Monoblock 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,459 | Props total: 1292 1292
*waits for it*
 6 years ago '09        #3
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,101 | Props total: 1838 1838
Truth.
 6 years ago '09        #4
Lupe Hunter 77 heat pts77
space
space
$15,520 | Props total: 5708 5708
I hope Trayvon parents get closure and Zimmerman gets arrested and sent to prison
 03-24-2012, 12:59 PM         #5
DXFan619 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
First Page
 6 years ago '10        #6
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,709 | Props total: 4694 4694
 BlaKc said:
but we can accept n*ggas selling crack and k!lling each other over money and drugs? and we can accept wack rappers making anthems for young blacks to perpetuate a cycle of self destruction??? right.......
I agree but black folks aint the only ones whoo sell crack and k!ll eachother over money and drugs, the whole world has a problem with that its just weve been so commercialized and are in the media so much that they are making it look like its only us

where are the parents at..............., they can easily stop their kids from listening to that garbage and with the hiphop industry being ran by non black folks they want our youth to do it

Last edited by kiddrocay; 03-24-2012 at 01:04 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #7
Lupe Hunter 77 heat pts77
space
space
$15,520 | Props total: 5708 5708
Also did Jeezy really call himself a community leader or am I bugging
 6 years ago '10        #8
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 Lupe Hunter said:
yeah he needs to stfu with that
 03-24-2012, 01:13 PM         #9
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
right...... mr. 17.5
 6 years ago '09        #10
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,318 | Props total: 7974 7974
im sorry but didnt this guy create his fortune not only selling drugs to his own people (urban gencoide) but making it seem cool to sell drugs to your own kind on music?????

this dude entire existance is promoting the destruction of blacks fukk he talking that pride sh*t now

Last edited by Jacc Blacc; 03-24-2012 at 04:20 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #11
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 Jacc Blacc said:
im sorry but didnt this guy create his fortune not only selling drugs to his only people (urban gencoide) but making it seem cool to sell drugs to your own kind on music?????

this dude entire existance is promoting the destruction of blacks fukk he talking that pride sh*t now
yup and calls himself a community leader with that jeezy sounds like he trying to promote himself threw this as well

but I do agree with him though
 6 years ago '07        #12
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900
 Lupe Hunter said:
 kiddrocay said:
yeah he needs to stfu with that
for real.....dude glorifies the life that sparked fear in a racist mans brain that had him k!lling a young black man instead of detaining him.

vickfan said:
no i don't support this statement though

the racist man would be afraid with or without rap

rap has nothing to do with those attitudes

I just dont support jeezy because he's hurting the community in a totally different way
Your a fu*king idiot....with that thought in mind the Swiss were ok in dealing with the Germans during WWII....they didnt buy into the 'Nazi' movement but they were OK with the spoils of war....dont be a dumb a.ss if you authorize something you are co-signing the movement.

Last edited by JohnDoe; 03-24-2012 at 03:43 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #13
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823
 kiddrocay said:
yup and calls himself a community leader with that jeezy sounds like he trying to promote himself threw this as well

but I do agree with him though
Well apparently every black famous person will be promoting themselves when asked about this. Unless they say no comment. Also Rappers are laughable they want you think their real but at the same time understanding their song concepts are fake.
 6 years ago '11        #14
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
Regardless of what these clueless white boys say Jeezy is 100% correct. This isn't about hiphop music its about the worth of a black mans life in this country. If Zimmerman were black and Trayvon was white Zimmeram would probably be on death row by now ......that's the issue.

Regardless of how u WHITE BOYS/MEN try to spin this u can't deny that YOUR CHILDREN would never have to worry about something like this happening to them. Now white ppl are trying their hardest to blame black ppl, black culture, black music, and black dress for an incident that had nothing to do with either of them.

Ignorance is what caused this tragedy.....and the ignorance is not coming from the black community. This country is just sick
 6 years ago '11        #15
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,821 | Props total: 1229 1229
 SugaHillRomello said:
Regardless of what these clueless white boys say Jeezy is 100% correct. This isn't about hiphop music its about the worth of a black mans life in this country. If Zimmerman were black and Trayvon was white Zimmeram would probably be on death row by now ......that's the issue.

Regardless of how u WHITE BOYS/MEN try to spin this u can't deny that YOUR CHILDREN would never have to worry about something like this happening to them. Now white ppl are trying their hardest to blame black ppl, black culture, black music, and black dress for an incident that had nothing to do with either of them.

Ignorance is what caused this tragedy.....and the ignorance is not coming from the black community. This country is just sick
Just to make this clear, Zimmerman is Hispanic not white.
 6 years ago '11        #16
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
Regardless of what you think of Jeezy or his music he's right. He is a community leader because its kids every where that look up to him.
 6 years ago '07        #17
DaForce13 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,643 | Props total: 439 439
 SugaHillRomello said:

03-24-2012, 02:18 PM         #18
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YoungRay20 said:
Well apparently every black famous person will be promoting themselves when asked about this. Unless they say no comment. Also Rappers are laughable they want you think their real but at the same time understanding their song concepts are fake.
this way of thinking is why white people think they can murder black kids for walking down the street

98% of white people are racist
 6 years ago '04        #19
Adwerdz 320 heat pts320
space
space
$32,808 | Props total: 23607 23607
It is what it is..

All we black people could do is talk and can't/wont do sh*t about it, nothing is gonna change, the white man runs this world, racism still exist but is desensitized and concealed through different outlets, once you realize that, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Either Be prepared to stand up and die for what you believe in or conform to the ways of this fu*ked up world. Jeezy speaking on this and all of these other mindless fu*ks in the world will speak on it and grieve while it's still in the media. Once everything dies down, regardless of the outcome, everyone will turn they head and forget and conform back to the ways of the this fu*ked up world like this sh*t is ok.

Black leaders ain't sh*t they conform to get to the top and don't give a sh*t about black people or the next black negro beside them but praise the white man behind doors as they get served that check and make deals.

black people will always be looked at as less than worthy humans, and we partake heavily in our own demise as well...
 03-24-2012, 02:27 PM         #20
Michael_Moore 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
34 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
74 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
35 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
193 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
57 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy