Rajon Rondo or Russell Westbrook who do you want as your playoff Point Guard?

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
138 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
71 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Want a ring pick a PG
Russy 61 32.28%
Rondo 128 67.72%
Voters: 189. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #81
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,078 | Props total: 6977 6977
 The Infamous1 said:
Westbrook easily, he's a MUCH better offensive player. And that's what matters the most in a PG.

Rondo is garbage on O. And he still can't shoot.
"can't shoot" and "doesn't shoot" are 2 different things
 6 years ago '11        #82
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
space
$23,072 | Props total: 313 313
 Junior G said:
"can't shoot" and "doesn't shoot" are 2 different things

i want you guys to show me a game where rondo was actually taking alot of shots looking to score where he didnt score atleast 20+
 6 years ago '12        #83
The Infamous1 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,319 | Props total: 9 9
Durant would see so many double and triple teams with Rondo it wouldn't even be funny.

Teams just don't respect him Shot and he's pretty much useless in a half court set

Deron/Paul/Rose/Westbrook when it's time can all easily break down the D in the fourth quarter and put a team on their back offensively. Rondo can't do that, that's why pierce is a much better option in the 4th quarters.
 6 years ago '09        #84
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,271 | Props total: 19377 19377
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
Let me get this straight....

Rondo on the Thunder who will help his teammates won't win a title.

But Westbrick who cares only about himself will win a title because he's a good scorer & takes ill advised shots?

And then you wanna bring up playoff stats are unfair like Westbrook actually did great last year. Last I remembered he got benched in one of the playoffs games and they performed BETTER

Westbrook whose court vision is putrid, racks up turnovers & has horrible bball IQ is not gonna take a team of Walking Dead old men to a title just stop it

How would he NOT tally that much a.ssists?

Golden my dude if somebody is already a excellent passer & a.ssist guy then he'll continue to be an excellent passer & a.ssist guy on a different team. If that's the case that Scott freestyles most of the gameplan that would greatly help Rondo, better yet most good PG's would do well in a freestyle offense ask Jeremy Lin, ala Pringles era.

Also usually coaches adjust to players skillset & their strengths so I'm positive that if Rondo was on that team Scott would put two & two together and say "well hey I got this guy who will most definitely help the team ball offense why don't I just set up plays that involve him mostly with the rest of the teammates" & voila.

This isn't something completely new because they have a PG like Eric Maynor who did very well in the playoffs last year when Westbrick was fu*king up.
Explain to me how Rondo is suppose to get this sh*t load of a.ssist without a decent offensive system please enlighten me...Rondo would get the bulk of his a.ssist from Durant but even with Durant he doesn't play off ball as much as he used to he can create more for himself this season than he ever has...Harden can create his own shot and uses the P&R with Collison so he doesn't need much setting up as well except for when he is open behind the 3 point line...Rondo imo averages 8 a.ssist with OKC offense plus the team has mediocre depth...OKC needs Westbrook to score and be aggressive more than anything else i honestly wish he'd sacrifice a little of his scoring so he could get at least 7 a.ssist and play better D (he has regressed in this aspect) but that doesn't take away from the fact that Westbrook is the better player IMO and a better fit for OKC with it's current roster than Rondo
 6 years ago '07        #85
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6146 6146
rondo. he makes his teammates better.

westbrook only looks out for himself
 6 years ago '11        #86
space
space
 thegoldenhero said:
Explain to me how Rondo is suppose to get this sh*t load of a.ssist without a decent offensive system please enlighten me...Rondo would get the bulk of his a.ssist from Durant but even with Durant he doesn't play off ball as much as he used to he can create more for himself this season than he ever has...Harden can create his own shot and uses the P&R with Collison so he doesn't need much setting up as well except for when he is open behind the 3 point line...Rondo imo averages 8 a.ssist with OKC offense plus the team has mediocre depth...OKC needs Westbrook to score and be aggressive more than anything else i honestly wish he'd sacrifice a little of his scoring so he could get at least 7 a.ssist and play better D (he has regressed in this aspect) but that doesn't take away from the fact that Westbrook is the better player IMO and a better fit for OKC with it's current roster than Rondo
all rondo needs is someone to set the pick

if KD and harden set a quick screen then just chill rondo drives in then kicks it out to them wide open which is how he gets all his a.ssists on boston

he has some SERIOUS court vision and incredible passing skills with his giant hands

if he had someone to run the floor with him like harden or KD rondo would get even more a.ssists
no one on boston can run with him unless theyre already halfway down the court off a TO
 6 years ago '09        #87
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
 The Infamous1 said:
Durant would see so many double and triple teams with Rondo it wouldn't even be funny.

Teams just don't respect him Shot and he's pretty much useless in a half court set

Deron/Paul/Rose/Westbrook when it's time can all easily break down the D in the fourth quarter and put a team on their back offensively. Rondo can't do that, that's why pierce is a much better option in the 4th quarters.
Durant get's the ball in the post more this season than any season i can remember he isn't a great post player but he get's the ball there more this season than in the past...everytime Durant would get the ball he would get doubled and triple team with this starting lineup

Rondo
Thabo
Durant
Ibaka
Perk

Durant would see doubles all the time i honestly don't see how they get better with Rondo instead of Westbrook.
 6 years ago '11        #88
space
space
 thegoldenhero said:
Durant get's the ball in the post more this season than any season i can remember he isn't a great post player but he get's the ball there more this season than in the past...everytime Durant would get the ball he would get doubled and triple team with this starting lineup

Rondo
Thabo
Durant
Ibaka
Perk

Durant would see doubles all the time i honestly don't see how they get better with Rondo instead of Westbrook.
double durant and then rondo just gets to the basket easy

you underestimate how smart and how well rondo can score/make plays

if they were gonna double durant all the time then rondo would adapt to it
 6 years ago '09        #89
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
 elvisfreshly said:
all rondo needs is someone to set the pick

if KD and harden set a quick screen then just chill rondo drives in then kicks it out to them wide open which is how he gets all his a.ssists on boston

he has some SERIOUS court vision and incredible passing skills with his giant hands

if he had someone to run the floor with him like harden or KD rondo would get even more a.ssists
no one on boston can run with him unless theyre already halfway down the court off a TO
Too bad Ibaka can't set those you can take him out the starting lineup and replace him with Collison but Harden would suffer a little bit because he is a great P&R player pairing him with Ibaka is not using Harden to the best of his ability...either way you look at it i don't see OKC getting better with Rondo imo you would have to put Harden in the starting line up so Durant doesn't get doubled in the process of doing that OKC bench takes a huge hit and be exposed for the lack of depth they have scoring wise (which is why Harden is so crucial he is needed to anchor the bench squad)
 03-24-2012, 04:26 PM         #90
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Infamous1 said:
Westbrook easily, he's a MUCH better offensive player. And that's what matters the most in a PG.
What?!?

6 years ago '11        #91
Loso Luciano24 227 heat pts227
space
space
$14,486 | Props total: 8380 8380
Rondo
Thabo
Durant
Ibaka
Perk
Whos scoring here besides Durant?
 6 years ago '09        #92
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,093 | Props total: 22541 22541
Crazy how people can label you a better player just because you take a lot of field goal attempts. I like westbrick but damn
 6 years ago '11        #93
GrindPOWER$ 391 heat pts391
space
space
$19,294 | Props total: 12672 12672
rondo don't have a shot but he can move the ball and he can dish it
westbrook ball hog yes he can score but dude think score first rather than set up a play.
AND NOT BECAUSE BOSTON MY TEAM BUT I RATHER GO WITH RAJON!!!!!
 6 years ago '04        #94
MGz 953 heat pts953
space
space
$8,174 | Props total: 8734 8734
rondo
 6 years ago '07        #95
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,397 | Props total: 21544 21544
Rondo. No brainer
 6 years ago '12        #96
space
space
 Bob Sacamano said:
What?!?

Huh? Offense IS how you judge a PG.

Magic Johnson couldn't tie alot of PG's shoes defensively(Stockton,Payton,isiah) but it disnt matter because he's far and away the best offensive player.

The lakers won 5 championships with fisher at the point. Point guard defense is WAY too overvalued.

And the gap between rondo's offensive game Westbrook is larger then the gap on Defense.

Last edited by The Infamous1; 03-24-2012 at 04:47 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #97
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206
 The Infamous1 said:

Magic Johnson couldn't tie alot of PG's shoes defensively(Stockton,Payton,isiah) but it disnt matter because he's far and away the best offensive player.

The lakers won 5 championships with fisher at the point. Point guard defense is WAY too overvalued.

And the gap between rondo's offensive game Westbrook is larger then the gap on Defense.
Lol @ this fool not realizing the pg is not important only in the triangle, which the lakers ran. It is the most important position for 99% of offenses.
 6 years ago '09        #98
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,093 | Props total: 22541 22541
 The Infamous1 said:

You've never watched magic a day in your life stop trying to sound knowledgeable. Magic was an a.ssist maestro, nothing like westbrook, but on top of those 13 dimes he might mess around and drop 22 points on you too.
 6 years ago '11        #99
Loso Luciano24 227 heat pts227
space
space
$14,486 | Props total: 8380 8380
How many top 5 PG's have won a championship?

Rondo wasnt one in 08

It is the most important position for 99% of offenses.
Do you watch ball or skim through it

Having a big man>>>PG
 6 years ago '12        #100
space
space
 utdpridah said:
Lol @ this fool not realizing the pg is not important only in the triangle, which the lakers ran. It is the most important position for 99% of offenses.

The point is fisher is an AWFUL defensive PG.

And the lakers have 5 rings with him, so how valuable is PG defense?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
184 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
75 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
66 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
51 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
62 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
20 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy