Rajon Rondo or Russell Westbrook who do you want as your playoff Point Guard?

most viewed right now
 173
Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj disses Pusha on IG
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 84
Drake- Iím Upset
349 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 84
Image(s) inside The Only PAWG That Matters
67 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 62
Gillie The Kid Goes Off Talking Bout Pusha T. Vs Drake, & Quentin Miller
47 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Want a ring pick a PG
Russy 61 32.28%
Rondo 128 67.72%
Voters: 189. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #81
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
avatar space
space
$23,252 | Props total: 422 422
 Junior G said:
"can't shoot" and "doesn't shoot" are 2 different things


i want you guys to show me a game where rondo was actually taking alot of shots looking to score where he didnt score atleast 20+
 6 years ago '12        #82
The Infamous1 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$2,319 | Props total: 9 9
Durant would see so many double and triple teams with Rondo it wouldn't even be funny.

Teams just don't respect him Shot and he's pretty much useless in a half court set



Deron/Paul/Rose/Westbrook when it's time can all easily break down the D in the fourth quarter and put a team on their back offensively. Rondo can't do that, that's why pierce is a much better option in the 4th quarters.
 6 years ago '09        #83
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$38,272 | Props total: 23948 23948
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
Let me get this straight....

Rondo on the Thunder who will help his teammates won't win a title.

But Westbrick who cares only about himself will win a title because he's a good scorer & takes ill advised shots?

And then you wanna bring up playoff stats are unfair like Westbrook actually did great last year. Last I remembered he got benched in one of the playoffs games and they performed BETTER

Westbrook whose court vision is putrid, racks up turnovers & has horrible bball IQ is not gonna take a team of Walking Dead old men to a title just stop it



How would he NOT tally that much a.ssists?

Golden my dude if somebody is already a excellent passer & a.ssist guy then he'll continue to be an excellent passer & a.ssist guy on a different team. If that's the case that Scott freestyles most of the gameplan that would greatly help Rondo, better yet most good PG's would do well in a freestyle offense ask Jeremy Lin, ala Pringles era.

Also usually coaches adjust to players skillset & their strengths so I'm positive that if Rondo was on that team Scott would put two & two together and say "well hey I got this guy who will most definitely help the team ball offense why don't I just set up plays that involve him mostly with the rest of the teammates" & voila.



This isn't something completely new because they have a PG like Eric Maynor who did very well in the playoffs last year when Westbrick was fu*king up.
Explain to me how Rondo is suppose to get this sh*t load of a.ssist without a decent offensive system please enlighten me...Rondo would get the bulk of his a.ssist from Durant but even with Durant he doesn't play off ball as much as he used to he can create more for himself this season than he ever has...Harden can create his own shot and uses the P&R with Collison so he doesn't need much setting up as well except for when he is open behind the 3 point line...Rondo imo averages 8 a.ssist with OKC offense plus the team has mediocre depth...OKC needs Westbrook to score and be aggressive more than anything else i honestly wish he'd sacrifice a little of his scoring so he could get at least 7 a.ssist and play better D (he has regressed in this aspect) but that doesn't take away from the fact that Westbrook is the better player IMO and a better fit for OKC with it's current roster than Rondo
 6 years ago '07        #84
JamcnPrettyboy 98 heat pts98
space
avatar space
space
$23,703 | Props total: 6900 6900
rondo. he makes his teammates better.

westbrook only looks out for himself
 6 years ago '11        #85
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
avatar space
space
$23,252 | Props total: 422 422
 thegoldenhero said:
Explain to me how Rondo is suppose to get this sh*t load of a.ssist without a decent offensive system please enlighten me...Rondo would get the bulk of his a.ssist from Durant but even with Durant he doesn't play off ball as much as he used to he can create more for himself this season than he ever has...Harden can create his own shot and uses the P&R with Collison so he doesn't need much setting up as well except for when he is open behind the 3 point line...Rondo imo averages 8 a.ssist with OKC offense plus the team has mediocre depth...OKC needs Westbrook to score and be aggressive more than anything else i honestly wish he'd sacrifice a little of his scoring so he could get at least 7 a.ssist and play better D (he has regressed in this aspect) but that doesn't take away from the fact that Westbrook is the better player IMO and a better fit for OKC with it's current roster than Rondo
all rondo needs is someone to set the pick

if KD and harden set a quick screen then just chill rondo drives in then kicks it out to them wide open which is how he gets all his a.ssists on boston

he has some SERIOUS court vision and incredible passing skills with his giant hands

if he had someone to run the floor with him like harden or KD rondo would get even more a.ssists
no one on boston can run with him unless theyre already halfway down the court off a TO
 6 years ago '09        #86
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$38,272 | Props total: 23948 23948
 The Infamous1 said:
Durant would see so many double and triple teams with Rondo it wouldn't even be funny.

Teams just don't respect him Shot and he's pretty much useless in a half court set



Deron/Paul/Rose/Westbrook when it's time can all easily break down the D in the fourth quarter and put a team on their back offensively. Rondo can't do that, that's why pierce is a much better option in the 4th quarters.
Durant get's the ball in the post more this season than any season i can remember he isn't a great post player but he get's the ball there more this season than in the past...everytime Durant would get the ball he would get doubled and triple team with this starting lineup

Rondo
Thabo
Durant
Ibaka
Perk

Durant would see doubles all the time i honestly don't see how they get better with Rondo instead of Westbrook.
 6 years ago '11        #87
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
avatar space
space
$23,252 | Props total: 422 422
 thegoldenhero said:
Durant get's the ball in the post more this season than any season i can remember he isn't a great post player but he get's the ball there more this season than in the past...everytime Durant would get the ball he would get doubled and triple team with this starting lineup

Rondo
Thabo
Durant
Ibaka
Perk

Durant would see doubles all the time i honestly don't see how they get better with Rondo instead of Westbrook.
double durant and then rondo just gets to the basket easy

you underestimate how smart and how well rondo can score/make plays

if they were gonna double durant all the time then rondo would adapt to it
 6 years ago '09        #88
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$38,272 | Props total: 23948 23948
 elvisfreshly said:
all rondo needs is someone to set the pick

if KD and harden set a quick screen then just chill rondo drives in then kicks it out to them wide open which is how he gets all his a.ssists on boston

he has some SERIOUS court vision and incredible passing skills with his giant hands

if he had someone to run the floor with him like harden or KD rondo would get even more a.ssists
no one on boston can run with him unless theyre already halfway down the court off a TO
Too bad Ibaka can't set those you can take him out the starting lineup and replace him with Collison but Harden would suffer a little bit because he is a great P&R player pairing him with Ibaka is not using Harden to the best of his ability...either way you look at it i don't see OKC getting better with Rondo imo you would have to put Harden in the starting line up so Durant doesn't get doubled in the process of doing that OKC bench takes a huge hit and be exposed for the lack of depth they have scoring wise (which is why Harden is so crucial he is needed to anchor the bench squad)
 03-24-2012, 03:26 PM         #89
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Infamous1 said:
Westbrook easily, he's a MUCH better offensive player. And that's what matters the most in a PG.
What?!?

 6 years ago '11        #90
Loso Luciano24 227 heat pts227
space
avatar space
space
$14,486 | Props total: 8382 8382
Rondo
Thabo
Durant
Ibaka
Perk
Whos scoring here besides Durant?
 6 years ago '09        #91
TriniSoldier 69 heat pts69
space
avatar space
space
$53,968 | Props total: 35373 35373
Crazy how people can label you a better player just because you take a lot of field goal attempts. I like westbrick but damn
 6 years ago '11        #92
GrindPOWER$ 400 heat pts400
space
avatar space
space
$20,386 | Props total: 15885 15885
rondo don't have a shot but he can move the ball and he can dish it
westbrook ball hog yes he can score but dude think score first rather than set up a play.
AND NOT BECAUSE BOSTON MY TEAM BUT I RATHER GO WITH RAJON!!!!!
 6 years ago '04        #93
MGz 961 heat pts961
space
avatar space
space
$8,268 | Props total: 9502 9502
rondo
 6 years ago '07        #94
Cartel-Clipz 29 heat pts29
space
avatar space
space
$31,911 | Props total: 29179 29179
Rondo. No brainer
 6 years ago '12        #95
The Infamous1 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$2,319 | Props total: 9 9
 Bob Sacamano said:
What?!?

Huh? Offense IS how you judge a PG.

Magic Johnson couldn't tie alot of PG's shoes defensively(Stockton,Payton,isiah) but it disnt matter because he's far and away the best offensive player.

The lakers won 5 championships with fisher at the point. Point guard defense is WAY too overvalued.

And the gap between rondo's offensive game Westbrook is larger then the gap on Defense.


Last edited by The Infamous1; 03-24-2012 at 03:47 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #96
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
avatar space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206
 The Infamous1 said:
Huh? Offense IS how you judge a PG.

Magic Johnson couldn't tie alot of PG's shoes defensively(Stockton,Payton,isiah) but it disnt matter because he's far and away the best offensive player.

The lakers won 5 championships with fisher at the point. Point guard defense is WAY too overvalued.

And the gap between rondo's offensive game Westbrook is larger then the gap on Defense.
Lol @ this fool not realizing the pg is not important only in the triangle, which the lakers ran. It is the most important position for 99% of offenses.
 6 years ago '09        #97
TriniSoldier 69 heat pts69
space
avatar space
space
$53,968 | Props total: 35373 35373
 The Infamous1 said:
Huh? Offense IS how you judge a PG.

Magic Johnson couldn't tie alot of PG's shoes defensively(Stockton,Payton,isiah) but it disnt matter because he's far and away the best offensive player.

The lakers won 5 championships with fisher at the point. Point guard defense is WAY too overvalued.

And the gap between rondo's offensive game Westbrook is larger then the gap on Defense.
You've never watched magic a day in your life stop trying to sound knowledgeable. Magic was an a.ssist maestro, nothing like westbrook, but on top of those 13 dimes he might mess around and drop 22 points on you too.
 6 years ago '11        #98
Loso Luciano24 227 heat pts227
space
avatar space
space
$14,486 | Props total: 8382 8382
How many top 5 PG's have won a championship?

Rondo wasnt one in 08

It is the most important position for 99% of offenses.
Do you watch ball or skim through it

Having a big man>>>PG
 6 years ago '12        #99
The Infamous1 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$2,319 | Props total: 9 9
 utdpridah said:
Lol @ this fool not realizing the pg is not important only in the triangle, which the lakers ran. It is the most important position for 99% of offenses.

The point is fisher is an AWFUL defensive PG.

And the lakers have 5 rings with him, so how valuable is PG defense?
 6 years ago '12        #100
The Infamous1 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$2,319 | Props total: 9 9
 TriniSoldier said:
You've never watched magic a day in your life stop trying to sound knowledgeable. Magic was an a.ssist maestro, nothing like westbrook, but on top of those 13 dimes he might mess around and drop 22 points on you too.
"sound knowledgeable"

fu*k is this n*gga talkin about

And where did I say westbrook was as good as magic Johnson?
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 49
Tiffany haddish dirty nails
44 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 41
McDonald's customers suing for $5M over unwanted Quarter Pounder cheese
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 29
#bigbreasttwitter
65 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 21
NBA LeBron James Begins Oddly Timed Renovation Of His $23 Million LA Crib
31 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 19
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
101 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside May 25 - Why Are Californiaís Legal Marijuana Sales So Low?
132 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 15
"I don't have to argue about how real I am" - Pusha T
126 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 9
Video inside Man Shot over 20 times outside of Drakes "Pick 6ix" Restaurant in Toron..
89 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy