Rajon Rondo or Russell Westbrook who do you want as your playoff Point Guard?

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
117 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
63 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Want a ring pick a PG
Russy 61 32.28%
Rondo 128 67.72%
Voters: 189. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #61
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,632 | Props total: 2475 2475
 J said:
Is this thread serious? Rondo all dayyyyyy.
exactly..rondo has the experience and the ring to prove it
 6 years ago '04        #62
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23 OP
space
space
$20,195 | Props total: 3340 3340
 thegoldenhero said:
...Except me i watch both plenty if you think Rondo averages a sh*t load of a.ssist on the thunders offense you don't watch enough Thunder games...Rondo only averages 7 or 8 a.ssist in the Thunders offense the OKC offense isn't really a good offense for high a.ssist PG's a guy like Rose, CP3, or even DWill will do fine because they are good playmakers as well as scorers so they could get by but since Rondo best attribute is his passing and playmaking on the Thunder it won't be used to the best of it's ability...contrary to popular belief Rondo on the Thunder isn't a match made in heaven.
You forget ballhandling as well.

Did you think maybe the offense is what it is because they dont have a true PG to run it??

Penetrate and kick all game for Rondo, you can't stop him from getting to the basket. All the wing players have to do is knock down shots. Wanna get EVERYBODY on the team involved and not just 3 players. Get Rondo.

Like has been stated everybody on the team improves with Rondo can't say the same for WB
 6 years ago '09        #63
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,276 | Props total: 19433 19433
 Veno da Don said:
you call WB a 2nd option and while this sounds like something logical to the all of us and the rest of the world, it is CLEAR Russ DOES NOT see himself as a second option. 2nd options dont try "hero ball" because they are aware of who the hero is. A confused Shooting Guard disguised as a PG on the other hand might just end up never understanding the concerpt of being the 2nd option.

If real life was how you described it this thread wouldn't exist. But the fact of the matter is Westbrook is not comfortable with being a second option and as a scorer he has a case he is one of the best knows it and could careless who is on his team, that's why Rondo would be my guy for that championship team.

You are correct Rondo will probably never be a first scoring option but that's only because he knows how the Point Guard position is supposed to be played (oh yeah and cause he can't shoot that well either)
We gonna have to just agree to disagree...you think Rondo is better for the Thunder i don't (the bulk of their scoring comes from three players take Westbrook off the team and replace with Rondo they are even worse offensively) you think Rondo is a better player i disagree with that as well
 6 years ago '07        #64
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
Thing is Rondo wasn't even all that back in 08 when they got the ring, the big 3 carried that team. Replace his role with Westbrook and they prolly still win the title. Put Rondo on any of the thunder rosters and they still dont win a title anyways

Then everybody says playoff stats, and its unfair because like I said, Rondo had a better team around him and better coach. Scott Brooks is an average coach with x's and o's, they just freestyle most of their offense
 6 years ago '05        #65
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206
Stupid question, your comparing a top 3 pg to a short sg who thinks he's a pg.
 6 years ago '04        #66
space
space
Good debate guy good debate:agreement6:
 6 years ago '09        #67
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,276 | Props total: 19433 19433
 ttime236 said:
Thing is Rondo wasn't even all that back in 08 when they got the ring, the big 3 carried that team. Replace his role with Westbrook and they prolly still win the title. Put Rondo on any of the thunder rosters and they still dont win a title anyways

Then everybody says playoff stats, and its unfair because like I said, Rondo had a better team around him and better coach. [SIZE="5"] Scott Brooks is an average coach with x's and o's, they just freestyle most of their offense

[pic - click to view]

Exactly why Rondo wouldn't tally that much a.ssist OKC offensive system isn't good
 6 years ago '04        #68
MGz 953 heat pts953
space
space
$8,174 | Props total: 8734 8734
 mikesaimname said:
i'll take the greatest pg ever...

[pic - click to view]

don't care if he never won one...still the GOAT

6 years ago '04        #69
space
space
 utdpridah said:
Stupid question, your comparing a top 3 pg to a short sg who thinks he's a pg.
this is what i know, but i wanted a more broad opinion on the matter cause dude was talking to me like I was tripping and I was the only one in the world who would go with Rondo
 6 years ago '11        #70
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
Totally depends on the team you have surrounding them. If I have a team full of scrubs that can only finish at the rim every once in a blue moon I'm taking Westbrook easy. Dude knows how to set up teammates and find his shot off of the p&r. Sure he finds his shot more than his teammates but that's not always a bad thing if you don't have another scoring presence. If I do have set of bigs that finish at the rim I'm taking rondo
 6 years ago '12        #71
DontHateDaGreat 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,358 | Props total: 2100 2100
 mikesaimname said:
i'll take the greatest pg ever...

[pic - click to view]

don't care if he never won one...still the GOAT
Greatest pg ever? This guy says hi.

[pic - click to view]

It's funny tho because your guy is holding up the position on the list of all-time pgs: Second. It's not bad at all

Now ideally I'd like to see which team is mentioned but I'd take rondo over westbrook. Sure rondo isn't the jumpshooter or ft shooter but he can score at times or drive to the basket and pass better than westbrook. Defensively he's better and he makes the team better around him. He also wont shoot the team out of games with poor decision making. I think the coach and Durant are resonsible for some of westbrook's tendencies. Coach knows they need scoring so westbrook gets the green light and then Durant is accommodating as a player so some of that sh*t slides.

Last edited by DontHateDaGreat; 03-24-2012 at 03:45 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #72
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,904 | Props total: 21194 21194
 ttime236 said:

Then everybody says playoff stats, and its unfair because like I said, Rondo had a better team around him and better coach. Scott Brooks is an average coach with x's and o's, they just freestyle most of their offense
Let me get this straight....

Rondo on the Thunder who will help his teammates won't win a title.

But Westbrick who cares only about himself will win a title because he's a good scorer & takes ill advised shots?

And then you wanna bring up playoff stats are unfair like Westbrook actually did great last year. Last I remembered he got benched in one of the playoffs games and they performed BETTER

Westbrook whose court vision is putrid, racks up turnovers & has horrible bball IQ is not gonna take a team of Walking Dead old men to a title just stop it

thegoldenhero said:

[pic - click to view]

Exactly why Rondo wouldn't tally that much a.ssist OKC offensive system isn't good
How would he NOT tally that much a.ssists?

Golden my dude if somebody is already a excellent passer & a.ssist guy then he'll continue to be an excellent passer & a.ssist guy on a different team. If that's the case that Scott freestyles most of the gameplan that would greatly help Rondo, better yet most good PG's would do well in a freestyle offense ask Jeremy Lin, ala Pringles era.

Also usually coaches adjust to players skillset & their strengths so I'm positive that if Rondo was on that team Scott would put two & two together and say "well hey I got this guy who will most definitely help the team ball offense why don't I just set up plays that involve him mostly with the rest of the teammates" & voila.

This isn't something completely new because they have a PG like Eric Maynor who did very well in the playoffs last year when Westbrick was fu*king up.
 6 years ago '11        #73
Prot3ge 
space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 0 0
Rondo.

03-24-2012, 03:39 PM         #74
bdp1510 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm going Rondo, especially if I'm building a team, I wanna old fashioned pg, now of course his ft % and shooting..... aren't attractive but Rondo gets buckets his way..... but with the right players you can go either way I don't like Westbrooks turnover avg but his fg % is lovely especially with the type of shots he taking, Westbrook is def a hybrid at the position
 6 years ago '05        #75
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,086 | Props total: 6985 6985
news flash Doc isnt a good coach either......what the fu*k has he done? besides stand around yelling at refs while the Big 4 and 4 future HOF's won him a ring.....fu*k all coaches. it's in the players to win. Scott Brooks wins a ring in 08 with the Celtics too
 6 years ago '05        #76
spacecase 1 heat pts
space
space
$562 | Props total: 66 66
Rondo> On-ball Defense
Rondo>Rebounding
Rondo>Shot selection
Rondo>Running Plays
Rondo> a.ssist making
Rondo> Defensive awareness
Rondo> Offensive awareness
Westbrook>Jumper
Westbrook>Fastbreak
Westbrook>Creating shot

Pick what your team wants. Rondo would do well as a supporter surrounded by options, but not a #1 option.. Russell will do well on a defensive-minded team thats willing to bail him out of bad decision, and let him take any shot he wants.
 6 years ago '11        #77
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
space
$23,072 | Props total: 313 313
only thing westbrick does better than rondo is score and thats cuz he has a better shot other than that rondo >>>>

rondo 13/11/5 well say the 11 asts = 22 points even tho some of those are 3s
westbrick 24/5/4 5asts = 10 points

rondo accounts for 35pts
westbrick 34pts

n*gga has kd and harden and cant get more than 5asts
 03-24-2012, 03:46 PM         #78
Stayburnin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think it depends on the team. if you have a team that has a big time scorer and has enough scorers on the team i would def pick rondo to distribute the ball around and score when he needs to. but if i had a team that just had a dominant big man but no perimeter scorers i would pick westbrook.

im not a big fan of westbrook cuz hes not a true pg and i like true pgs but hes a great scorer but rondo is a much better distributor so it depends on what the team needs.
 6 years ago '12        #79
The Infamous1 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,319 | Props total: 9 9
Westbrook easily, he's a MUCH better offensive player. And that's what matters the most in a PG.

Rondo is garbage on O. And he still can't shoot.
 6 years ago '12        #80
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
space
$4,256 | Props total: 744 744
rondo. westbrook isn't a point guard. he's a two guard.

[video - click to view]

147 - 42 STRK: 5 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 19 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
100 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
180 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside 15 Artists That Biggie Wanted To Work With (But Never Got The Chance)
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy