Rajon Rondo or Russell Westbrook who do you want as your playoff Point Guard?

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
239 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
128 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Want a ring pick a PG
Russy 61 32.28%
Rondo 128 67.72%
Voters: 189. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #41
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,070 | Props total: 6972 6972
if you understand the game of basketball and actually watch both play.....everybody takes Rondo.
 6 years ago '09        #42
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,268 | Props total: 19366 19366
 Junior G said:
if you understand the game of basketball and actually watch both play.....everybody takes Rondo.
...Except me i watch both plenty if you think Rondo averages a sh*t load of a.ssist on the thunders offense you don't watch enough Thunder games...Rondo only averages 7 or 8 a.ssist in the Thunders offense the OKC offense isn't really a good offense for high a.ssist PG's a guy like Rose, CP3, or even DWill will do fine because they are good playmakers as well as scorers so they could get by but since Rondo best attribute is his passing and playmaking on the Thunder it won't be used to the best of it's ability...contrary to popular belief Rondo on the Thunder isn't a match made in heaven.
 6 years ago '05        #43
Angry_Black_757 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,664 | Props total: 0 0
rondo already has a ring and nearly average a triple double for the 09 playoffs. rondo is my choice
 6 years ago '09        #44
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12364 12364
Rondo. But I can't be mad if someone feels Westbrook is the better option.
 6 years ago '05        #45
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,070 | Props total: 6972 6972
 thegoldenhero said:
...Except me i watch both plenty if you think Rondo averages a sh*t load of a.ssist on the thunders offense you don't watch enough Thunder games...Rondo only averages 7 or 8 a.ssist in the Thunders offense the OKC offense isn't really a good offense for high a.ssist PG's a guy like Rose, CP3, or even DWill will do fine because they are good playmakers as well as scorers so they could get by but since Rondo best attribute is his passing and playmaking on the Thunder it won't be used to the best of it's ability...contrary to popular belief Rondo on the Thunder isn't a match made in heaven.
well I have no idea what you were goin to say because I stopped after the Rondo won't average alot of a.ssists on the Thunder....Rondo would average more a.ssists on pretty much every team in the league. Celtics are holdin him back right now
 6 years ago '04        #46
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,771 | Props total: 1092 1092
Rondo = PG
Westbrook = SG

So to answer the question it's Rondo and it's not close.
 6 years ago '07        #47
Captain Fresh 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,025 | Props total: 7529 7529
 teh truth said:
rondo with no big 3 = just an avg pg

you put westbrook in rondo's spot i guarantee you they would be contending right now

jesus christ thats still your logic? Our "big 3" are 34, 35, 36 years old.
 6 years ago '07        #48
Captain Fresh 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,025 | Props total: 7529 7529
respect to westbrook but playoff rondo is a different animal. alot of the subtle sh*t he does wont show up in the stat sheet. Rondo's intangibles >
 6 years ago '09        #49
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
 Junior G said:
well I have no idea what you were goin to say because I stopped after the Rondo won't average alot of a.ssists on the Thunder....Rondo would average more a.ssists on pretty much every team in the league. Celtics are holdin him back right now
thanks for the laugh...Rondo weaknesses have been hidden by the fact he was 3rd/4th scoring option on the Celtics for so long lol at he would average so much more than 11 a.ssist acting like teams offensive system doesn't matter lol
 6 years ago '09        #50
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12364 12364
I want to see them both on the same team. That backcourt would average five steals a game easy.
 03-24-2012, 02:41 PM         #51
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rondo.

Westbrook can be my SG or something
 6 years ago '04        #52
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23 OP
space
space
$20,184 | Props total: 3330 3330
 thegoldenhero said:
whether Rondo fans want to admit it or not Westbrook is the better player he isn't the playmaker nor does he have the court vision Rondo has but Westbrook is the better scorer by a good margin scores more and does it more efficiently and just as good at rebounding the ball plus Westbrook is harder to defend against.

Rondo
13/11/5 46% 49 TS%

Westbrook
24/5/5 47% 55 TS%

if i need a first or second option i want Westbrook but if i already got great offensive players i want Rondo...Westbrook is still the better player
yeah but #s only tell half the story. Westbrook is also a average to poor decision maker ESPECIALLY for a "Point Guard". While Rondo will never shoot you back into a game, WB will shoot you out and the way he does it makes it even worse 19 seconds on the shot clock he chucking up 17footers throwing off the offense. Durant hot here comes WB forcing a bad shot or committing a turnover.

Rondo is the better Point Guard and its not close.
 6 years ago '09        #53
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
For who i would rather have in the playoffs Rondo is more proven while Westbrook only has had one good playoff series (against LA in 2010) and it depends on what kind of team you have...overall Westbrook imo is the better player he was last season he is this season.

@Veno Da Don

Rondo plays the PG position better but Westbrook is the better player/more dominant player of his position and is harder to stop.
 6 years ago '04        #54
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
I want to see them both on the same team. That backcourt would average five steals a game easy.
would be the best backcourt in the league by far if WB was moved to his natural position.
 6 years ago '10        #55
bbqslap 
space
space
$2,128 | Props total: 278 278
 thegoldenhero said:
thanks for the laugh...Rondo weaknesses have been hidden by the fact he was 3rd/4th scoring option on the Celtics for so long lol at he would average so much more than 11 a.ssist acting like teams offensive system doesn't matter lol
Rondo would do just fine in the Thunder's system. Westbrook doesn't avg a lot of a.ssists in it because he's not a natural point. Not because of lack of opportunities.

Its fine tho, because Westbrook never said he was a point guard. They're just using him there because it works for them.
 6 years ago '04        #56
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,917 | Props total: 634 634
westbrook isnt the passer rondo is, but lets not forget the dude has avg 8 a.ssists plus for two seasons. this is actually a down year for him passing. but his size athleticism and scoring ability are only rivaled by derrick rose. im taking westbrook. i personally like his game more than durants, dude is more deadly off the dribble and gets to the lane easier and is more versatile. im not the only one in this. and i think he still has room to grow.

and to whoever said scoring point guards dont win ships....tony parker and chancey billups say hi. thats fu*kin retarded.
 6 years ago '10        #57
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,313 | Props total: 1964 1964
what rondo does have in points for himself, he makes up in a.ssist.
with that being said...
i wouldnt start with any of those.
i'd need to see the circumstances of both teams(roster)
i would have traded rondo for westbrook, they'd work better in those situations.
 6 years ago '04        #58
Young Fab 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,540 | Props total: 6245 6245
Didn't Rondo have 17 a.ssists last night and lost???
 6 years ago '05        #59
mikesaimname 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,645 | Props total: 200 200
i'll take the greatest pg ever...

[pic - click to view]

don't care if he never won one...still the GOAT
 6 years ago '04        #60
space
space
 thegoldenhero said:
i kind of agree with this most 1st option point guards don't win titles (Rose has a shot) thank god Westbrook isn't on the Thunder team i think he can win as a 2nd option as long as he plays under control and leaves the hero ball to Durant...i don't think you can win a title with Rondo as your 1st option or 2nd option probably best he is the 3rd or 4th option on a championship team.
you call WB a 2nd option and while this sounds like something logical to the all of us and the rest of the world, it is CLEAR Russ DOES NOT see himself as a second option. 2nd options dont try "hero ball" because they are aware of who the hero is. A confused Shooting Guard disguised as a PG on the other hand might just end up never understanding the concerpt of being the 2nd option.

If real life was how you described it this thread wouldn't exist. But the fact of the matter is Westbrook is not comfortable with being a second option and as a scorer he has a case he is one of the best knows it and could careless who is on his team, that's why Rondo would be my guy for that championship team.

You are correct Rondo will probably never be a first scoring option but that's only because he knows how the Point Guard position is supposed to be played (oh yeah and cause he can't shoot that well either)
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
107 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
145 comments
1 day ago