MC Lyte Responds To Tyler, The Creator's Lesbian Diss, "I Definitely Was Insulted"

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
36 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
73 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #1
24869 pageviews
101 comments

Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,385 | Props total: 16063 16063
MC Lyte Responds To Tyler, The Creator's Lesbian Diss, "I Definitely Was Insulted"

[pic - click to view]

Rap veteran MC Lyte has responded to Odd Future leader Tyler, the Creator in light of a recent diss from the crew's "Rella" record, sternly warning him about the pitfalls of public attacks.

Asked for her reaction to getting referenced as a lesbian, Lyte admitted she was thrown off by Tyler's choice of words.

"Yeah, I definitely was insulted. First off, it's totally new school. [Tyler] has yet to understand -- although he can have quite a bit of followers and fans, it does take a moment from one's entry in the business for them to really understand what it is that we do for other people. And how we inspire them, and how we influence them, and how we can literally make or break another human being's day. And with all that I've done throughout my years in inspiring generations of people, I think it very irresponsible of him. With saying that, we do have a generation that is quite irresponsible when it comes to what it is that they'll say [and] their behavior. [But still], it took me by surprise. One, because I know of people who know him and kind of hold him in high esteem. [But] from that action alone, I don't know that I feel it worthy for me to address it in any other format, outside of this. But, yeah, I thought it was very careless." (HHDX)
The rap veteran also said he should have looked for a more witty way to make the rhyme rather than name drop.

"Well, the point is just 'cause words rhyme or sound alike doesn't mean I need to be your stomping ground. So I do have to take it personally, unfortunately whether he meant it personally or not. I'm sure there was a more tactful way, if in fact skilled, you can deliver a rhyme on your own account and not involve me in the shenanigans." (Hip Hop DX)
While brief with the reference, Tyler's diss appears on the new OF Tape Vol. 2. project.

"See these girls talkin' all that sh*t (What?)/I'm just tryna see some t*ts (What?)/," Tyler raps, "Let's get it poppin' like, MC Lyte, around some dykes/I'm, out this b*tch like hocus pocus/And me and Lucas got a couple of pickles" ("Rella")
Last year, the OF leader denied holding anti-gay views.

"I'm not homophobic. I just think f*ggot hits and hurts people. It hits. And gay just means you're stupid. I don't know, we don't think about it, we're just kids. We don't think about that sh*t. But I don't hate gay people. I don't want anyone to think I'm homophobic. ([His friend] Jasper walks into the room) But he's a f*cking f*ggot!" (NME Magazine)

[pic - click to view]

MC Lyte Responds To Tyler, The Creator's Lesbian Diss, "I Definitely Was Insulted" | SOHH.COM

Last edited by Damagegadget; 03-23-2012 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: lytes fine ace

101 comments for "MC Lyte Responds To Tyler, The Creator's Lesbian Diss, "I Definitely Was Insulted""

03-23-2012, 02:20 PM         #2
Rendition 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
will Charles Hamilton stand up for his Auntie?
 03-23-2012, 02:48 PM         #3
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What happened to respect? Those kids just gotta say something to shock people and gain attention. If they were talented, they wouldnt have to do such things.

Garbage
 6 years ago '07        #4
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,599 | Props total: 909 909
tyler just trolling the planet.
 03-23-2012, 02:57 PM         #5
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tyler is just a weird little f*ggitt catering to his caucasion fan base
 6 years ago '06        #6
Affectz 131 heat pts131
space
space
$8,215 | Props total: 4488 4488
 Rendition said:
will Charles Hamilton stand up for his Auntie?
I'm pretty sure he well,on his block or on a track,it would be a good idea to do it and make the diss fire
 6 years ago '11        #7
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 NO RELIGION said:
Lyte is married with kids. I thought it was odd she didn't defend herself against gay accusations.
She's not a lesbian? I thought she was. Why'd I think that? I know Queen Latifah is.
 03-23-2012, 03:45 PM         #8
HoLLiwood Heyti 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tyler tries to hard to troll where as brandon makes it effortless
 6 years ago '11        #9
King Henry 547 heat pts547
space
space
$43,969 | Props total: 9860 9860
She ain't lesbian?
 6 years ago '04        #10
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,387 | Props total: 6423 6423
see. everybody thinks she a lesibian ...but honestly not a lot of people give two fuks about mc lyte
 6 years ago '05        #11
druberkley 3 heat pts
space
space
$581 | Props total: 290 290
get it pop'n like MC lyte around some dikes,...
 6 years ago '09        #12
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,083 | Props total: 1820 1820
This sh*t is a.ss even without the insult but putting Lyte into makes him even more of a corny a.ss bi*ch.

"See these girls talkin' all that sh*t (What?)/I'm just tryna see some t*ts (What?)/," Tyler raps, "Let's get it poppin' like, MC Lyte, around some dykes/I'm, out this b*tch like hocus pocus/And me and Lucas got a couple of pickles" (
 6 years ago '11        #14
Urbanchill 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,418 | Props total: 1411 1411
hahahaha
 03-23-2012, 05:42 PM         #15
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
She's right though. That little piece of sh*t is no where near as G as Lyte was back in BK. Tyler is a poor man's MF Doom with half the talent.....so dissing old school black icons is cool now? He's pus*y
 6 years ago '11        #16
Two Pistols 18 heat pts18
space
space
$1,789 | Props total: 2 2
Line was wack as fu*k anyway

MC Lyte is cool he didnt have 2 include her in that sh*t.
 6 years ago '09        #17
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,223 | Props total: 19333 19333
 dlettern said:
She's right though. That little piece of sh*t is no where near as G as Lyte was back in BK. Tyler is a poor man's MF Doom with half the talent.....so dissing old school black icons is cool now? He's pus*y
never heard a Tyler compared too Doom...always thought he was a poor mans black version of Em or somethin lol
 6 years ago '12        #18
AK2 
space
space
$898 | Props total: 100 100
He sucks as a rapper plus he has no respect for his elders. He is a poor man's Eminem.
 6 years ago '11        #19
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
she's not a lesbian?
 6 years ago '06        #20
tdub-zr0 139 heat pts139
space
space
$26,866 | Props total: 14719 14719
"I'm not homophobic. I just think f*ggot hits and hurts people. It hits. And gay just means you're stupid. I don't know, we don't think about it, we're just kids. We don't think about that sh*t. But I don't hate gay people. I don't want anyone to think I'm homophobic. ([His friend] Jasper walks into the room) "But he's a f*cking f*ggot!"
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
155 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now