Austin Rivers leaving Duke for the NBA

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
41 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #41
J 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,767 | Props total: 3217 3217
 Main Event said:
Its really not, and none of you will name 10 that are better flat out pro potential players better than Rivers

Davis
Drummond
MKG
Beal
Barnes
Perry Jones
Jeremy Lamb
Quincy Miller
Robinson (arguably)
Royce White (arguably)
Sullinger (arguably)
Terrence Jones (arguably)
 6 years ago '05        #42
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12555 12555
Jerryd Bayless clone. Another player who "thinks" he has that "it factor" but really doesn't.
 6 years ago '08        #43
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,729 | Props total: 11626 11626
 J said:
Davis
Drummond
MKG
Beal
Barnes
Perry Jones
Jeremy Lamb
Quincy Miller
Robinson (arguably)
Royce White (arguably)
Sullinger (arguably)
Terrence Jones (arguably)

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #44
imtheman718 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,069 | Props total: 514 514
 marcusaka50 said:
yea true but most of time players out of h.s. dont be sh*t or take awhile to develop to become a star player.

if you do a ratio of players out of h.s. top 10 pick or top 15 who actually became star players you will find that most of time their not worth drafting yet.
does everybody in the nba have to be a star?
 6 years ago '05        #45
J 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,767 | Props total: 3217 3217
 Main Event said:

[pic - click to view]

You're trolling if you think Rivers has more pro potential than any of those guys. If we're talking strictly potential, Q. Miller and T. Jones sh*t all over him.
 6 years ago '08        #46
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,729 | Props total: 11626 11626
 J said:
You're trolling if you think Rivers has more pro potential than any of those guys. If we're talking strictly potential, Q. Miller and T. Jones sh*t all over him.
You're trolling if you think a GM would take captain inconsistent Jones over Rivers, and im not even sure why you mentioned Royce i like him but he prob wont go top 15
 6 years ago '05        #47
space
space
 J said:
What do you see T.Jones ceiling as? I think Rivers ceiling is Arenas, if he maxed out on his potential.. I don't think Jones' ceiling is that high IMO. I use too but I just don't see it.
 6 years ago '07        #48
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6127 6127
Dude aint gonna be sh*t in the league unless he develops some playmaking skills and become a combo guard like rose, westbrook, monta, etc.....

He's a 6'3 shooting guard and dudes like that end up not being much of anything in the league but 6th men.
 6 years ago '09        #49
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,411 | Props total: 12352 12352
With a father who is an NBA coach, talent evaluator and former player it's hard for me to sit here and say he is dumb for this decision. I think he should go but I'm not sure staying in college would have gotten him any better than he's going to be. I give him 3-4 years.

The best thing about it is he knows the nba system and he will hang around the league as long as he wants to just because he has a little talent and his dad has a job there. Look at Lucas III, Coby Karl, Luke Walton and others.
 6 years ago '05        #50
space
space
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
Dude aint gonna be sh*t in the league unless he develops some playmaking skills and become a combo guard like rose, westbrook, monta, etc.....

He's a 6'3 shooting guard and dudes like that end up not being much of anything in the league but 6th men.
combo gaurds typically play the two and one.. 2 of the examples you mentioned only played 1 position.
 6 years ago '08        #51
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823
Would Rather see him stay...
 6 years ago '04        #52
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,349 | Props total: 8449 8449
he is a student at Duke University. Do y'all know how many people would who dream about attending that school? He comes from a rich family = there is no reason for him to jump into the league after 1 year especially when its clearly evident that he has much room for improvement. Hell Kyrie Erving was more prepared then him to make the jump to the league smh
freaking idiot move
 6 years ago '11        #53
pbballin 20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,921 | Props total: 1651 1651
Celtics don't need to move up to get him, lol the way they're playing they might get in the lottery! hah but nah they say he is the #15 prospect. I'm a little surprised, but not all the way. I thought his dad would want him to stay....but I guess he don't want to
 6 years ago '05        #54
space
space
 Javon23 said:
he is a student at Duke University. Do y'all know how many people would who dream about attending that school? He comes from a rich family = there is no reason for him to jump into the league after 1 year especially when its clearly evident that he has much room for improvement. Hell Kyrie Erving was more prepared then him to make the jump to the league smh
freaking idiot move
I never understood the argument that "his family is rich therefor he should stay"

Not every man aspire's to live off their family's earning. He's always dreamed about playing in the league, he wants to earn his OWN money. And not ask daddy for hand outs. College will always be there, because as you said, "his family is rich" so he'll always have money for tuition.. The NBA is not garunteed for no man if you return a second year.
 6 years ago '06        #55
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,642 | Props total: 8574 8574
 imtheman718 said:
does everybody in the nba have to be a star?
you right not every player has to be a star. weak teams usually get the top 5-10 picks. they drafting players who they feel have potential to turn their franchise around to become good and built off of to become contenders later. So when draft a player off potential and he becomes not what you expected that sets your franchise back. Some teams can't get stars to come to their team so they have to draft potential stars.
 6 years ago '09        #56
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,411 | Props total: 12352 12352
 P. Dedos said:
ya attending duke university for free and no income is a bigger dream than playing in the nba and getting paid 10 million dollars at minimum. and austin rivers is the idiot

less than .05% will ever make as much money as austin rivers who get a duke degree

somebody show this clown javon that letter carlos boozer wrote these fu*king duke fans
Duke grads make a ton of fu*king money and it was Elton Brand
 6 years ago '12        #57
TRILL SH1T 95 heat pts95
space
space
$5,850 | Props total: 3466 3466
 Oh Finesse said:

I knew they was snortin
they are not snorting... he might go top 5, have you watched him? He has a serious upside as well
 6 years ago '04        #58
ghettofied 341 heat pts341
space
space
$21,864 | Props total: 8192 8192
 ThugLuv5450 said:
You say all this but think Barnes and Henson can benefit at Unc that doesnt run a system..Rivers should go but the ones from Unc shold stay right???
Do you think I'm Dro or something? I've said that Barnes and Henson are gone numerous times. Damn dude, get your facts straight or some sh*t. Damn
 6 years ago '11        #59
pbballin 20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,921 | Props total: 1651 1651
 Javon23 said:
freaking idiot move

That's ya team and don't know how to spell ya mans last name?

lol but nah Kyrie was NBA ready in High School, so him and Rivers can't be compared. Rivers became a better all around player from his one year in college.
 6 years ago '07        #60
theFREAK 3682 heat pts3682
space
space
$53,684 | Props total: 38513 38513
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now