Mar 22 - Skittles, Arizona iced tea Speaks Out On Trayvon Martin Tragedy

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
26 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
73 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-22-2012, 07:08 PM         #1
6803 pageviews
45 comments

ProfitSee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mar 22 - Skittles, Arizona iced tea Speaks Out On Trayvon Martin Tragedy

[pic - click to view]

Skittles and Arizona iced tea, the products that some say have become a symbol in the Trayvon Martin case has broken its silence about the shooting of the teenager in Florida that touched off a national outcry.

“We are deeply saddened by the news of Trayvon Martin's death and express our sincere condolences to his family and friends,” Jennifer Jackson-Luth, spokeswoman for Wrigley, the company that makes Skittles, said in an exclusive statement to HLN. Wrigley is a division of Virginia-based Mars, Inc. “We also respect their privacy and feel it inappropriate to get involved or comment further as we would never wish for our actions to be perceived as an attempt of commercial gain following this tragedy."

Read: The Trayvon Martin police report

Skittles, the hard candy known for its "taste the rainbow" theme in advertisements, has been thrust into the spotlight after Sanford, Florida, resident George Zimmerman claimed self-defense in the shooting of Trayvon, who was found to have a bag of Skittles and an Arizona Iced Tea on him.

A spokeswoman for Arizona Iced Tea told HLN that the company would like to "express our sincere sympathies to Trayvon’s family and friends."

"At this time, we will make no further comment as we wish to respect the family’s privacy and grieving time and feel it is inappropriate to become involved in a private family matter," Arizona iced tea global communications director Jackie Harrington said in an emailed statement.

Skittles and Arizona iced tea have been used by grass-roots movements to call attention to the case: A web page promoting Wednesday’s Million Hoodie March told supporters to, “Send bags of Skittles to the Sanford Chief of Police, demanding that George Zimmerman be brought to justice.”

On social networking sites such as Facebook, people have posted pictures of themselves holding Skittles and iced tea as well.

On Twitter, celebrities like filmmaker Spike Lee sent tweets asking people to send Skittles to the Sanford Police Department.

HLN’s Jane Velez-Mitchell has taped segments of her show clasping a bag of Skittles and a can of tea and wearing a hoodie.

[pic - click to view]

Source

45 comments for "Mar 22 - Skittles, Arizona iced tea Speaks Out On Trayvon Martin Tragedy"

6 years ago '07        #2
mainevent4u88 101 heat pts101
space
space
$9,253 | Props total: 4737 4737
n*ggas buying more zonas and skittles just to send a message = more $$$ for skittles and zona
 03-22-2012, 07:50 PM         #3
redacted  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's official, nothing surprises or shocks me anymore. That empty statement was their way of saying 'Thanks for for the increased sales. Spend more money please.' Nothing sincere from either company.
 6 years ago '10        #4
frankfmoney 10 heat pts10
space
space
$1,382 | Props total: 1 1
 mainevent4u88 said:
n*ggas buying more zonas and skittles just to send a message = more $$$ for skittles and zona
Them sh*ts is good though, so win/win.
 6 years ago '10        #5
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,552 | Props total: 199 199
 cbjones said:
It's official, nothing surprises or shocks me anymore. That empty statement was their way of saying 'Thanks for for the increased sales. Spend more money please.' Nothing sincere from either company.
well they are in a tough position they could be accused of profiting off the exposure.
 6 years ago '07        #6
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,234 | Props total: 20028 20028
If they where smart, they would take a portion of the profits from the increased sales and donate it to a foundation in his name or something. get the publicity for your company and do something nice @ the same time.
 6 years ago '09        #7
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,116 | Props total: 22571 22571
 minimafia_aj said:
If they where smart, they would take a portion of the profits from the increased sales and donate it to a foundation in his name or something. get the publicity for your company and do something nice @ the same time.
 mainevent4u88 said:
It's a sticky situation. They don't say anything and n*ggas gonna complain they're ignoring a tragedy, and if they say something then they're just trying to make money. The small concise statements seemed good by me.

The foundation idea is good, but still very sticky and treading dangerous waters.
 6 years ago '06        #8
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,913 | Props total: 25860 25860
yeah don't know how i feel its a tough spot for them they take this route they didn't do enough they take the other route and speak on it they get accused of trying to make more and more profit off the situation
 03-22-2012, 08:41 PM         #9
ProfitSee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
As cbj stated, it was an empty statement but that's the safest route to take. It's best if they not touch this story at all!
 6 years ago '07        #10
mainevent4u88 101 heat pts101
space
space
$9,253 | Props total: 4737 4737
more like an odd turning of the tables with a negative event turning around and affecting them positively.
 6 years ago '04        #11
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,407 | Props total: 4305 4305
lol at some of y'all.. would they have been better off not saying sh*t? some of y'all stupid as fu*k...
 6 years ago '05        #12
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
man look we can call this marketing all u want but i fu*ks with skittles and two for a dollar arizona iced teas anyday. if i can buy them any other time no prob then i can def buy them to make a statement. i was rotting my teeth before this happened but now im rotting them for a good reason.
 6 years ago '09        #13
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
next dead person I see i'm go drop my business cards in their pocket
 6 years ago '07        #14
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,627 | Props total: 2472 2472
 cbjones said:
..them speaking up doesn't matter..who gives a fu*k if the kid had skittles and ice tea on him? @ the shameless publicity they're trying to get out of this case
 6 years ago '07        #15
space
space
 Spiffy said:
lol thats a quick way to be a suspect.
 6 years ago '04        #16
SCENE 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,162 | Props total: 104 104
 Spiffy said:
 6 years ago '04        #17
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
 Spiffy said:
 minimafia_aj said:
lol thats a quick way to be a suspect.

and they took the safe route. if i was them i wouldn't want to be near it. having your product link with race and death isn't really the best thing
 6 years ago '07        #18
space
space
 justinjones said:

and they took the safe route. if i was them i wouldn't want to be near it. having your product link with race and death isn't really the best thing
that's true, but its impossible for them to not be a.ssociated with it. Every news caster I've seen has said variations of "All he had in his pockets where a bag of skittles and iced tea"
 6 years ago '07        #19
space
space
oh and btw this zimmerman guy's defense is gonna be that stand your ground law, which is absolutely fu*king stupid. But you can thank the NRA the Right Wing and the gun lobbyists for that.
 6 years ago '07        #20
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479
damned if you do, damned if you don't
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
75 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
115 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
124 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
111 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy