Mar 22 - COMPUTER CODE has been discovered embedded WITHIN the equations of superstring theory

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
21 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
65 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
235 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #121
Ciggavelli 35 heat pts35
space
space
$1,882 | Props total: 9 9
Nothing (i.e.0) is an interesting concept. There can be absolute nothing (absolutely nothing exists, including thought) and there can be relative nothing (i.e., nothing is in this box right here). Absolute nothing is 0 in my mind, while relative nothing cannot be 0, but something greater, because relative nothing relies on the existence of something else. Since we know absolute nothing does not exist (after all, we are thinking right now), 0 doesn't really exist either.
 6 years ago '12        #122
GucciBoy347 39 heat pts39
space
space
$10,377 | Props total: 773 773
 Freemind said:
some crazy a.ss sh*t.

basically what its saying is in the equations of string theory, which they're trying to use to describe the whole universe/nature itself if im not mistaken, you can find binary computer code... and not just random code, but a correcting code that was discovered in 1940 to make sure signals dont get mixed up and send the wrong message.

basically what that means, is we could possible not exist in the real universe... but it would be more likely that we are in a simulated universe... we exist on a super computer in the future. we think we exist because the artificial intelligence will be so good in the future it will be indistinguishable from actual conciseness. (this is what the 2nd guy was talking about, not the first guy who found the computer code.)

its a stretch yes, but it cannot be proven wrong.

and when you think about it further it could be true... everything we see, touch, smell, hear, taste all gets converted into electronic signals inside our body, and our brain turns these signals back into our surrounding... essentially you never can actually touch something, because its being turned into an electronic signal inside your body, and your brain projects the feeling of touch.

im kinda goin off topic now... but this stuff is just interesting to me.

i cant wait to see how we think about life and the universe in 10 year, 20 years, or even 30... the past 100 years has been crazy and its only speeding up
Wait, What ?
 6 years ago '10        #123
Ciggavelli 35 heat pts35
space
space
In regard to numbers, I typically believe this to be the closest approximation of "reality" as I see it:

"The Absolute Infinite is mathematician Georg Cantor's concept of an "infinity" that transcended the transfinite numbers. Cantor equated the Absolute Infinite with God. He held that the Absolute Infinite had various mathematical properties, including that every property of the Absolute Infinite is also held by some smaller object"

Absolute infinite = god. Additionally, I don't think time exists either, so everything is just happening at once. The only number that exists is ∞
 6 years ago '10        #124
Ciggavelli 35 heat pts35
space
space
 ra1n said:
Since you like using quotes I got one for you:

"Falsifiability for a theory is great, but a theory can still be respectable even if it is not falsifiable, as long as it is verifiable. There are aspects of a theory that you can go out and look for and confirm, and that’s another way to gain confidence in it. For instance, it’s really hard to falsify the statement that there is life on another planet, but you can verify it by finding one example. We’re hoping that certain features of string theory are confirmable."

- Brian Greene
I mean, this is a good point, no doubt, but I come from the school of thought that a theory must be falsifiable for it to be logical. If it is not falsifiable you'll just keep running around in circles. Additionally, you can never prove anything "correct," you can only prove things incorrect. This is a very basic component of science

Edit: You can basically exchange "correct" with "confirmable" in my above statement (sorry if there was any confusion)

Last edited by Ciggavelli; 03-23-2012 at 03:37 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #125
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,666 | Props total: 4516 4516
I remember my biology teacher tolf me the human eye can only see 20% of this world, so that means we are blind to 80% of reality

who knows etf is around
 6 years ago '10        #126
Ciggavelli 35 heat pts35
space
space
 kiddrocay said:
I remember my biology teacher tolf me the human eye can only see 20% of this world, so that means we are blind to 80% of reality

who knows etf is around
Oh hell yeah. It's like being colorblind. You don't even know about color, but it exists to others.

We're trapped in time-space for whatever reason, and cannot currently see beyond it. And if beyond it is the infinite....sh*t get's real crazy real quick.

Plus, if you look at the history of science every 200 years or so some new theory comes around that changes everything. That's why I don't like "theory" in general. It limits one and puts one in a box. And, in all likelihood, it's gonna be "wrong" anyway...hahahaha.

That's why we, as scientists, need to only focus on empirical data. At least we can prove that stuff wrong. Empiricism is really the only useful form of science in my opinion.
 6 years ago '10        #127
Ciggavelli 35 heat pts35
space
space
 ra1n said:
I think the aim with String Theory is not to be 100% correct (which scientists would love), but to be a respectable theory that is verified through experiment (i.e. to find supersymmetric particles at the LHC)

Scientists don't "believe" in String Theory, they just believe it's their best hope at making progress for unifying General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics

In other words, they believe that it is the best current approach at attacking the problem.
Some scientists believe this. However, after the below book came out, there have been many questions as to why some scientists believe this (and it doesn't have anything to do with "finding the truth," it all has to do with the politics of academia)

6 years ago '10        #128
Ciggavelli 35 heat pts35
space
space
One more thing, and then I'm off to bed (it's late....lol).

If you add -∞ to +∞ you get 0. That would technically mean that you can have everything and nothing existing at the same time....

[pic - click to view]

Think that one over for a bit...hahaha
 03-23-2012, 04:04 AM         #129
lifeundthescope  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mathematic said:
we return to the source.....
 Snoopy718 said:
recycle bin
so when we die, we are reincarnated basically?
 6 years ago '10        #130
Ciggavelli 35 heat pts35
space
space
 ra1n said:
There could be some politics involved with it, I wouldn't know

What I do know is that the most cited physicist in the world, and probably the most intelligent, Edward Witten, is one of the lead researchers for String Theory

There are many other respectable physicists whom it would be hard to believe had ulterior motives
Word. That really doesn't mean anything to me to be honest. After all, Freud was the most cited individual in psychology for a long time, but now his theories are not respected at all anymore. The same can be said for a wide variety of fields. Just because one is cited a lot, does not mean that one is ultimately "right." It's a good measuring tool to view your relative impact in the field at this moment in time, but that's just about it. sh*t, everyone thought Steven Hawking was gonna change the world. Now, not so much... Everything is relative.

Obviously I dislike string theory a lot, so I guess we're just gonna have to agree to disagree...hahaha. We all have our own biases after all (me included).
 6 years ago '05        #131
knowTHEledge 30 heat pts30
space
space
$3,134 | Props total: 3676 3676
Wow.. so people who have near death experiences and see that white lite are really just having the dust blown out their cartridge..

I just jumped, did 2 squats 3 punches and a kick man..

6 years ago '04        #132
teezee 1 heat pts
space
space
$190 | Props total: 0 0
I'm an agnostic person who relies on science but also understands that science has limitations. Man is flawed. Therefore, everything made or created by man is flawed in some shape or form. Technology is flawed. Computer programs are flawed. Religion is flawed. Science is flawed. Even our understanding of human and physical history is flawed. Our understanding of understanding is flawed. We are missing pieces to the puzzle, so everything man can imagine, there's always something missing. If the lens you look through is foggy, everything you see will be foggy and fragmented.

Einstein, as great as he was, wasn't able to put everything together and unify all the puzzles and nonsense he was poking at everyday of his life. He couldn't come up with a single unifying theory that explained everything. So we have fragments of science like string theory to help explain the holes in current science because that's all we have to go on right now, we don't know where or how to look. Science is always proving itself wrong, which is why science is not perfect. It's why science is so slow bc it is dependent on what it can prove and observe and there are somethings we just can't observe/quantify/calculate/measure. We can't even get past our own moon, our own backyard. Our understanding, our sciences, are very primitive. We thought the earth was flat only a few hundred years ago. We all understood Pluto to be a moon 10 years ago. When did we discover DNA? Everything Einstein discovered was just this half-century ago. It took man tens of thousands of years to get to this point of our understanding yet it's going to take another ten thousand years just to make sense of it all. And trust me, humans will be extinct before we figure this sh*t out lol.

Last edited by teezee; 03-23-2012 at 05:30 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #133
bencraige 
space
space
space
$44 | Props total: 28 28
Sounds like James Cameron already new this... Avatar???

And the creator of the sims video game lolol
 6 years ago '05        #134
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,727 | Props total: 2180 2180
...nature ain't a coincidence that sh*t is designed.... It's the perfect design..

..so as we get better with our designs we will find the same sh*t..

...save our planet.. That sh*t is the secret to everything..

6 years ago '10        #135
bencraige 
space
space
space
Humans of the future able to simulate the past???? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is along the lines of time travel?? If we are just finding this out how do we know that we're not already a part of this simulation?? I guess that goes back to the video... Well the hell with this if this is true the future people need to help fix the madden video game or bring back 2k and send someone from the future to help the Charlotte bobcats
 6 years ago '10        #136
bencraige 
space
space
space
 knowTHEledge said:
Wow.. so people who have near death experiences and see that white lite are really just having the dust blown out their cartridge..

I just jumped, did 2 squats 3 punches and a kick man..

Lmfao lolol
 03-23-2012, 06:25 AM         #137
BooHaggle McGee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this thread is amazing
 6 years ago '10        #138
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,868 | Props total: 13664 13664
 Heisenberg said:

[pic - click to view]

^This movie is exactly what their talking about. ^ good movie by darren aronofsky but creepy sh*t
A blunt & a cup of crown str8 4 this

1337_ONE said:

[pic - click to view]

Exactly
 6 years ago '04        #139
bigdog232 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,021 | Props total: 390 390
 gm0ney said:
my mind is blown

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #140
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,868 | Props total: 13664 13664
Props to TS.

Perception vs belief vs reality vs illusion vs...........
the fu*k
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
joie chavis
35 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
58 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
8 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
194 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy