Mar 22 - COMPUTER CODE has been discovered embedded WITHIN the equations of superstring theory

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
258 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
65 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #201
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,658 | Props total: 4494 4494
ever notice that we can make dimensions in our universe

weve created virtual reality where we can manipulate laws and stuff that apply to us in actual reality

when we draw

the only thing we cant do is create life in our dimensional reality, this ish makes you wonder where the fu*k is our source from

I wish people would take the time and think about something like this

I mean there is no way we can just fu*king exist like just exist now

we are connected to something ∞

spiritual awareness is something we have

Last edited by kiddrocay; 03-23-2012 at 01:07 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #202
Ice Cold 26 heat pts26
space
space
$3,727 | Props total: 325 325
 lifeundthescope said:
So what happens when you die?
Hopefully you got a 1 up!
 6 years ago '06        #203
illathruz 65 heat pts65
space
space
$6,505 | Props total: 2306 2306
 Ciggavelli said:
Well, if we are a simulation, and simulations can be created in a wide variety of ways (after all, there are more simulations than actual organic life, right?), then someone can easily program a simulation where 1 + 1 = 3. Not a stretch at all...
this is not string theory. this is your flawed logic making sh*t up. again, i'll ask you for a link that says that you can change the basic principals of math using string theory.
 6 years ago '10        #204
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
people sleeping on ish like this
 03-23-2012, 01:10 PM         #205
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Freemind said:
some crazy a.ss sh*t.

basically what its saying is in the equations of string theory, which they're trying to use to describe the whole universe/nature itself if im not mistaken, you can find binary computer code... and not just random code, but a correcting code that was discovered in 1940 to make sure signals dont get mixed up and send the wrong message.

basically what that means, is we could possible not exist in the real universe... but it would be more likely that we are in a simulated universe... we exist on a super computer in the future. we think we exist because the artificial intelligence will be so good in the future it will be indistinguishable from actual conciseness. (this is what the 2nd guy was talking about, not the first guy who found the computer code.)

its a stretch yes, but it cannot be proven wrong.

and when you think about it further it could be true... everything we see, touch, smell, hear, taste all gets converted into electronic signals inside our body, and our brain turns these signals back into our surrounding... essentially you never can actually touch something, because its being turned into an electronic signal inside your body, and your brain projects the feeling of touch.

im kinda goin off topic now... but this stuff is just interesting to me.

i cant wait to see how we think about life and the universe in 10 year, 20 years, or even 30... the past 100 years has been crazy and its only speeding up
Have you've ever seen the document called The Metaphysics of Technology?

And this sounds like something straight out of Philip K, d!ck book.

Last edited by youknowmystelo; 03-23-2012 at 01:15 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #206
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,588 | Props total: 440 440

[pic - click to view]

03-23-2012, 01:19 PM         #207
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kiddrocay said:
all people need to know is life is the ultimate paradox, the university in diversity

life as we know it now seems to be a miracle that can never be repeated so are we lucky or are we the children a preternatural being

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #208
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
one of the most overlooked shorts

row row row ya boat gently down the stream, merry merry merry merry life is but a dream
 03-23-2012, 01:33 PM         #209
Cowboys All Day  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kiddrocay said:
one of the most overlooked shorts

row row row ya boat gently down the stream, merry merry merry merry life is but a dream
Thought it was merrily
 6 years ago '10        #210
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 Perplexity said:
Thought it was merrily

it prolly is, I havent heard that song in ages but it does have a meaning behind it
 6 years ago '10        #211
Ciggavelli 35 heat pts35
space
space
$1,882 | Props total: 9 9
 FappingFapstar said:
what i got is that we are being simulated by people in the future? so they made us watch this video and thread so fu*k with us? like a tease

Damagegadget said:
Tesla > Einstein
Tesla is so underrated. He's the sh*t

illathruz said:
thanks ra1n. to me, there are some arguments not worth having. so i'll let ciggavelli smoke his cigarettes that don't cause cancer.
But, but, but...correlation is not causation. Lol. On the real though, nicotine is a hella of a drug. I'm trying to quit. It'll happen one day.

kiddrocay said:
ever notice that we can make dimensions in our universe

weve created virtual reality where we can manipulate laws and stuff that apply to us in actual reality

when we draw

the only thing we cant do is create life in our dimensional reality, this ish makes you wonder where the fu*k is our source from

I wish people would take the time and think about something like this

I mean there is no way we can just fu*king exist like just exist now

we are connected to something ∞

spiritual awareness is something we have

illathruz said:
this is not string theory. this is your flawed logic making sh*t up. again, i'll ask you for a link that says that you can change the basic principals of math using string theory.

I don't have a link. lol. I'm just using logic. If string theory suggests that we are in a simulation (which according to this video, it does), and that there are more simulations than organic life (which this article says: ), then it is easy to suggest that in some simulation somewhere, 1+1 = 3. I don't really understand why this is problematic. You're right, it's not basic string theory, but it is a logical conclusion that can be drawn from string theory.
 6 years ago '07        #212
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,086 | Props total: 1524 1524
A Simulated consciousness would have no reason to not consider itself real.

Even as real as the creator of the simulation.
 6 years ago '07        #213
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,414 | Props total: 16136 16136
 ra1n said:
Tesla = Einstein, both geniuses in their respective fields

He was wrong for saying that by the way
I'm just wondering how someone that brilliant can misunderstand Einstein's theories
Going insane probably had a lot to do with it

-----
wow, I just found out they had a picture together. BOSSES.

[pic - click to view]

to an extent I agree... but tesla put his theories in motion.. and destroyed a bunch of isht that we will never know of until some one that great blesses us again

must admit Im a bit biased cause i live below the mountain he conducted experiments on
 6 years ago '09        #214
shield4life 
space
space
space
$69 | Props total: 0 0
Perfect now that we know this we could start working anti-virus programs for our bodys!

So ... we're living in a world of Matrix / Tron / Reboot ...
 6 years ago '06        #215
illathruz 65 heat pts65
space
space
 Ciggavelli said:
I don't have a link. lol. I'm just using logic. If string theory suggests that we are in a simulation (which according to this video, it does), and that there are more simulations than organic life (which this article says: ), then it is easy to suggest that in some simulation somewhere, 1+1 = 3. I don't really understand why this is problematic. You're right, it's not basic string theory, but it is a logical conclusion that can be drawn from string theory.
this is what the video says:
when our scientists wanted to make a computer send the message "0010101", sometimes it would mess up and you might get "1110101". To fix this, they wrapped up number in its own package. so to send the first "0", they might send "000", which is 3 times more the information, but at least they would get an accurate message. by wrapping up numbers in a package which is bigger than the message, you get a clear message. So you might send "001000100101011010101" gets your message of "0010101". (funny cus now that i think about it DNA and RNA are the same way)

Well string are the same way too. But what is a string? A string is something that we might be composed of. So just like a computer program is composed of "1" and "0", well we are composed of either open or closed strings. An open string looks like a line and a closed string looks like a circle.

Then the video uses probability. One day in the future, we will be able to create simulations and we will be able to manipulate strings. In the paper he says we will convert planets into computers and run big simulations. We will be able modify strings to do what we want.

So you see, math is still the same. Its still open string, closed string. Its still on, off. If you have on, on, on, off, off, off, you still have 3 ons and 3 offs. It is binary code. Math doesn't change. Heck, he used math to prove the thing:
 6 years ago '10        #216
Ciggavelli 35 heat pts35
space
space
 illathruz said:
alright this is the closest article I could find:

"String theory describes 10^500 separate universes, with different constants of nature and even different laws of physics. Many physicists think this is a weakness of the theory, but Leonard Susskind thinks it could actually help us understand why our universe is so well suited to life."

If math is a prerequisite of physics (which it is: ). Doesn't that imply that with different physical laws we also have different mathematical laws?
 6 years ago '10        #217
Ciggavelli 35 heat pts35
space
space
 illathruz said:
this is what the video says:
when our scientists wanted to make a computer send the message "0010101", sometimes it would mess up and you might get "1110101". To fix this, they wrapped up number in its own package. so to send the first "0", they might send "000", which is 3 times more the information, but at least they would get an accurate message. by wrapping up numbers in a package which is bigger than the message, you get a clear message. So you might send "001000100101011010101" gets your message of "0010101". (funny cus now that i think about it DNA and RNA are the same way)

Well string are the same way too. But what is a string? A string is something that we might be composed of. So just like a computer program is composed of "1" and "0", well we are composed of either open or closed strings. An open string looks like a line and a closed string looks like a circle.

Then the video uses probability. One day in the future, we will be able to create simulations and we will be able to manipulate strings. In the paper he says we will convert planets into computers and run big simulations. We will be able modify strings to do what we want.

So you see, math is still the same. Its still open string, closed string. Its still on, off. If you have on, on, on, off, off, off, you still have 3 ons and 3 offs. It is binary code. Math doesn't change. Heck, he used math to prove the thing:
Yeah, but other string theorists have used math to prove that different physical laws exist in different universes (which would lead to different mathematical laws as well, per my above comment). Using math the prove that math is different in different universes seems strange to me...lol.
 6 years ago '06        #218
illathruz 65 heat pts65
space
space
did you read my last post cus we may have posted around the same time?

so even if you have kazillions of different universes, and simulations that we make up, they are still based off of strings in a pattern. that pattern is math
 6 years ago '10        #219
Ciggavelli 35 heat pts35
space
space
 illathruz said:
did you read my last post cus we may have posted around the same time?

so even if you have kazillions of different universes, and simulations that we make up, they are still based off of strings in a pattern. that pattern is math
So are you saying that "outside" of the simulation math will always be the same? Or are you saying that math is the same "inside" a simulation and "outside" a simulation? They answer to that question may change things up for me
 6 years ago '06        #220
illathruz 65 heat pts65
space
space
 Ciggavelli said:
So are you saying that "outside" of the simulation math will always be the same? Or are you saying that math is the same "inside" a simulation and "outside" a simulation? They answer to that question may change things up for me
Math is the same inside and outside the simulation.

This guy says in that paper:
At our current stage of technological development, we have neither sufficiently powerful hardware nor the requisite software to create conscious minds in computers. But persuasive arguments have been given to the effect that if technological progress continues unabated then these shortcomings will eventually be overcome. Some authors argue that this stage may be only a few decades away.[1] Yet present purposes require no a.ssumptions about the time-scale. The simulation argument works equally well for those who think that it will take hundreds of thousands of years to reach a “posthuman” stage of civilization, where humankind has acquired most of the technological capabilities that one can currently show to be consistent with physical laws and with material and energy constraints.
Such a mature stage of technological development will make it possible to convert planets and other astronomical resources into enormously powerful computers. It is currently hard to be confident in any upper bound on the computing power that may be available to posthuman civilizations.

So we just get so smart that we use what is around us to make what we experienced as a species, happen again. Math doesn't change.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago