Kobe Bryant - "I can be a legitimate 2-guard now."

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
28 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
56 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-22-2012, 09:58 PM         #61
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hah i knew nobody was gonna respond to my posts because I made sense. Kobe haters just like to go at the people who talk reckless, logical kobe fans get overlooked as if we don't exist.
 6 years ago '05        #62
PussyFiend 
space
space
$5,551 | Props total: 637 637
I don't think i've ever come across a group of twinks more dumber than the 5 heatless bandwagonners

these idiots stay posting the stupidest comments only to get ethered time after time again....do they learn? of course not... they continue making themselves look like clueless fools more and more everyday....

entertaining none the less though...

i mean just the other day.. one of them said "LeBron has the same shooting ability as MJ did"

6 years ago '06        #63
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$29,029 | Props total: 10697 10697
Bahahaha who remembers that thread last night "its quiet in here"? Go try to find that sh*t...its deleted after it backfired and burned that bi*ch down ethering everybody in the thread (especially camburys dumbass)

Yall stans are pathetic

This will get deleted too next week when Kobe chucks up a million shots on 30% shooting and I bump this bi*ch
 6 years ago '06        #64
Bouncer 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$17,903 | Props total: 1213 1213
 Nautilus O said:
Where posting a lot of words automatically is considered ether

The primary ball handler the last 12 seasons? Do you know what the tenets of the Triangle Offense actually are? The concept of floor spacing and ball movement within the offense? Kobe is a black hole on offense, once the ball comes his way he is going to eat it regardless. Either he is looking to score or he will drive and draw attention and dump it to a big.

Kobe's been playing off the ball his entire career EXCEPT when he wants to create iso situations. Kobe is not a catch and shoot guy, he operates off the post (I dare you to act like that hasnt been a staple in the Lakers offense), he catches the ball off of screens (where he usually goes into an iso off the catch instead of just shooting it), and of course pick and roll.

All that nonsense about backdoor cuts and screens were exactly what they ran in the Triangle when he had the most dominant Big Man in the league create those opportunities for him. But we all know he wanted to handle those responsibilities by himself and wound up getting punished by the Suns in the playoffs for it

Lakers fans act like Derek Fisher was in a wheel chair his whole career. The purpose of a PG in the Triangle Offense is to initiate the offense not distribute the ball among the bigs. That occurs naturally in the flow of the offense IF YOU USE THEM. If you are jacking up 30 shots you are not using the two All stars you have down low effectively. That's Kobe's problem.

Michael Jordan played with Ron Harper and BJ Armstrong as his starting point guards. Along wih Randy Brown, Steve Kerr, and a bunch of other guys coming off the bench who didn't strike fear off the dribble. The PG in a triangle should be a good spot up shooter not a drive and dish guy. That responsibility falls on........... that's right the off guard. Or 2 guard for the idiots out there.

If Kobe wants to be a "real 2 guard" in Mike Brown's offense, he should be playing like Mo Williams did in Cleveland. Apparently he thinks Ramon Sessions can play Lebron's role and initiate and create the offense for the team and he can just run the baseline looking for shots or get iso's when called for him. That's cool but Mo Wiliams only averaged 13 shots per game in Cleveland and he didn't play with 2 All Star Bigs who should each be getting 15-17 attempts per game.

So in your words "log the fu*k off and think about the stupid sh*t you just posted"

wow, A.G. tryna act smart like he knows sh*t then got ethered. plz don't return
 6 years ago '10        #65
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,182 | Props total: 8299 8299
 SOCIALITE said:
Anybody who watched 10 minutes of Lakers basketball know that Kobe has had the role of "facilitator" as Phil famously called it. He would bring the ball up the court most times, he's been the best player at throwing the entry pass to the post his entire career, the only player who could create off the dribble until Lamar got his mind right for a few seasons, Kobe will get his shots as we all know, just because he's getting his shots don't mean he doesn't have those other roles as well. Phil even said it "i ask kobe to do more than i ever asked jordan to". Now with Sessions he can save up all his energy for scoring and be placed in better spots on the court were he's a more effective scorer, as opposed to him looking to score from 25 feet out. That doesn't mean he'll shoot more shots, in fact he'll probably shoot less shots, but he'll be in spots that will make scoring easier for him, and he'll save energy so he'll be able to complete the plays at a higher rate. But you n*ggas know so much about basketball...all you n*ggas doing is reading the boxscore.
Didn't even get to page 3 but if you wanna play we'll play.....

Kobe was not the "facilitator", if you knew anything about the triangle you would know that the "facilitator" is not the guy who takes all of the shots. In Chicago Scottie was the "facilitator" because the purpose of the triangle is to maintain 3 points to go to all times. Again this is why Derek Fisher was a perfect fit in the triangle. Lamar was the "facilitator" in the last few years which is why they operated the offense the best when he was on the floor because his game is similar to Scotties on the offensive ends. Kobe is ball dominant because he shoots. His offensive talent would let him dump the triangle and do his own thing. Sometimes it works but the reason why he'll never win without Phil is because they always won because of the Triangle. The team was built for the triangle When you have:

C- Bynum
PF-Gasol
SF-Odom
SG-Kobe
PG-Fisher

And they wanna call this n*gga the GOAT????

Kobe's expecting Sessions to run the offense, but if thats the case, where is your spot up shooter coming from? Mike Brown doesn't run the triangle. We've seen Mike Brown's offense it consist of Kobe taking 30 shots. Nothing is going to change that unless Kobe wants to change. I hope Kobe feels like he can be a legit 2 guard now, we should see more 30 for 30 nights from the old man

And please find the quote where Phil Jackson said that. We live in a youtube and google world, you can't quote a n*gga and not have the source. Context is everything.

Last edited by Nautilus O; 03-22-2012 at 10:29 PM..
 03-22-2012, 11:35 PM         #66
murdamo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i believe what mr bryant means is i dont have to waste any energy bring the rock up the court. more bullets in his chamber now. kobe best was is n will be (brett hart) amonst the players in league now.
 6 years ago '06        #67
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
$31,928 | Props total: 7 7
 Nautilus O said:

The primary ball handler the last 12 seasons? Do you know what the tenets of the Triangle Offense actually are? The concept of floor spacing and ball movement within the offense? Kobe is a black hole on offense, once the ball comes his way he is going to eat it regardless. Either he is looking to score or he will drive and draw attention and dump it to a big.

Kobe's been playing off the ball his entire career EXCEPT when he wants to create iso situations. Kobe is not a catch and shoot guy, he operates off the post (I dare you to act like that hasnt been a staple in the Lakers offense), he catches the ball off of screens (where he usually goes into an iso off the catch instead of just shooting it), and of course pick and roll.

All that nonsense about backdoor cuts and screens were exactly what they ran in the Triangle when he had the most dominant Big Man in the league create those opportunities for him. But we all know he wanted to handle those responsibilities by himself and wound up getting punished by the Suns in the playoffs for it

Lakers fans act like Derek Fisher was in a wheel chair his whole career. The purpose of a PG in the Triangle Offense is to initiate the offense not distribute the ball among the bigs. That occurs naturally in the flow of the offense IF YOU USE THEM. If you are jacking up 30 shots you are not using the two All stars you have down low effectively. That's Kobe's problem.

Michael Jordan played with Ron Harper and BJ Armstrong as his starting point guards. Along wih Randy Brown, Steve Kerr, and a bunch of other guys coming off the bench who didn't strike fear off the dribble. The PG in a triangle should be a good spot up shooter not a drive and dish guy. That responsibility falls on........... that's right the off guard. Or 2 guard for the idiots out there.

If Kobe wants to be a "real 2 guard" in Mike Brown's offense, he should be playing like Mo Williams did in Cleveland. Apparently he thinks Ramon Sessions can play Lebron's role and initiate and create the offense for the team and he can just run the baseline looking for shots or get iso's when called for him. That's cool but Mo Wiliams only averaged 13 shots per game in Cleveland and he didn't play with 2 All Star Bigs who should each be getting 15-17 attempts per game.

So in your words "log the fu*k off and think about the stupid sh*t you just posted"
 03-23-2012, 12:12 AM         #68
ahirons5691 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wait wasn't odom basically the point guard? Lmfao I remember him setting up the offense a lot
 6 years ago '11        #69
Kobane 163 heat pts163
space
space
$15,108 | Props total: 2327 2327

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #70
wesscoastrydah 1 heat pts
space
space
$268 | Props total: 4 4
 whodatb1 said:
best player in the league.... be mad......
true dat hunger for more son!!
 6 years ago '04        #71
wesscoastrydah 1 heat pts
space
space
$268 | Props total: 4 4
 Nautilus O said:
Didn't even get to page 3 but if you wanna play we'll play.....

Kobe was not the "facilitator", if you knew anything about the triangle you would know that the "facilitator" is not the guy who takes all of the shots. In Chicago Scottie was the "facilitator" because the purpose of the triangle is to maintain 3 points to go to all times. Again this is why Derek Fisher was a perfect fit in the triangle. Lamar was the "facilitator" in the last few years which is why they operated the offense the best when he was on the floor because his game is similar to Scotties on the offensive ends. Kobe is ball dominant because he shoots. His offensive talent would let him dump the triangle and do his own thing. Sometimes it works but the reason why he'll never win without Phil is because they always won because of the Triangle. The team was built for the triangle When you have:

C- Bynum
PF-Gasol
SF-Odom
SG-Kobe
PG-Fisher

And they wanna call this n*gga the GOAT????

Kobe's expecting Sessions to run the offense, but if thats the case, where is your spot up shooter coming from? Mike Brown doesn't run the triangle. We've seen Mike Brown's offense it consist of Kobe taking 30 shots. Nothing is going to change that unless Kobe wants to change. I hope Kobe feels like he can be a legit 2 guard now, we should see more 30 for 30 nights from the old man

And please find the quote where Phil Jackson said that. We live in a youtube and google world, you can't quote a n*gga and not have the source. Context is everything.
yo sig don't make no sense bruh its one of the other personally i think magic is better then jordan but thats my opinion
 6 years ago '08        #72
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,891 | Props total: 12599 12599
 Nautilus O said:

Kobe stans reaction to reading this grade a ether:

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #73
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
n*ggas are so mad

sh*t is jokes
 6 years ago '04        #74
Sotaboy24 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,511 | Props total: 42 42
 SOCIALITE said:
5 a.ssists per game....kobe sucks at passing?

NEXT
hahahahah
 6 years ago '07        #75
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
Damn, y'all boys take this sh*t serious...

I wish I could see y'all debate/argue face to face... see if y'all get this brolic then...

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '09        #76
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,659 | Props total: 842 842
 A.G said:
Fisher in his prime NEVER handled the ball. He was never a pure PG that acted as a distributor and he never had the role of initiating the offense in the triangle.

Payton didn't understand the triangle and the Lakers were relegated to playing him with the second unit because of the fact that he was so ball-dominant and he was never a good fit in the offense due to him being a ball-dominant pg.

Again, I don't know why you stupid motherfu*kers are focused on his shooting percentages when he's CLEARLY talking about his role in the offense and how things can be made easier for him to get shots.

Not only is he an elite guard & scorer, but he's also top 10 all-time. It's just too bad the rest of the world is filled with casual fans who don't realize the importance of FG%, right?

fu*king moron.
Everyone arguing but even with a legit pg that isn't needed triangle offense needs three point shooters and players that can work the post. Which is why the lakers never needed that. U only need someone to get the ball past half court. If you watch the old bulls you can see the same thing. All shooters and players that can handle the block. Kobe won't play any different because he still will need iso's and post ups to score. He just won't have to bring the ball up as much but still will because even with blake who is a true point he still brings it up. Kobe is who he is his game won't change. Still a beast tho.
 6 years ago '10        #77
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,182 | Props total: 8299 8299
 wesscoastrydah said:
yo sig don't make no sense bruh its one of the other personally i think magic is better then jordan but thats my opinion
No you just dont understand the concept of greatness, MJ is the greatest player ever because of the way he won, how dominant he was, and his impact on the game as a whole. Magic on the other hand has the best skill set of any player that has ever played this game, n*ggas dont realize how good magic johnson was as a oure basketball player. I would put oscar robertson 2nd on that best list, then maybe MJ, and possibly Lebron 4th off of pure skill set

But magic is the best
 6 years ago '11        #78
Ryan 29 heat pts29
space
space
$868 | Props total: 46 46
 TriniSoldier said:
sh*t bout to get real kobe can be a real sg now which means he's probably gonna widen that gap between him and durant on shots taken.
 6 years ago '11        #79
dgamer101 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,133 | Props total: 1690 1690
All we needed was an actual PG. That's all we've needed for the last several years. I hate that it took so long to get one. But with Sessions, he takes pressure off of Kobe. Sessions will be able to create for Kobe, Pau, and Bynum. Watch out, Kobe coming for number 6!!
 6 years ago '07        #80
varun313 
space
space
space
$3,359 | Props total: 1095 1095
with sessions playing the way he did against dallas the lakers looked real nice.

all players looked so damn comfortable kobe looked comfortable Gasol and bynum as well..

Being a laker fan seeing them bust Dallas a.ss a few days ago was amazing to see especially being high as fu*k

just a regular season and just one game but its the perfomance im looking for from the lakers.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
48 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
148 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy